Galactic War - Post ALL Comments Here ***MEGATHREAD*** (GW Threads all Merged here)

Replies

• Options
    I use phasma(l), rey, qgj, geo soldier,asaj until node ten. Then I swap in st han and take out asaj. I win with those 6 characters every day. Good luck you will get there eventually. I struggled with galactic war before they released the update to let turn meter go from round to round. GW is just right now
  • Options
    evanbio wrote: »
    How to pass GW:
    1) Run Droids
    2) Run your arena team
    3) Complete

At most, it should take about 3 teams. 1 for the easy nodes, 1 for 6, 9, and 11, and one for 12.

Eventually, you will also hit a point where the final node is ridiculously easy. I hit it this week, and now GW takes no time whatsoever. I almost am looking for things to do in the game throughout the day.

Yes, that also happened to me, now i like to play the last node by sending just JKA lol, it's awesome to see one toon taking 5 toons heheh....

Anyways, now i'm looking forward to get the easy node 11... Probably when i reach 40-41k

But after that easy node 12, the game became far more interesting for me, now i'm too looking for things to do during the day...
  • Options
    There seems to be some pretty distinct groups here. Those that think GW is impossible. Those who think people who think it's impossible are just whiners who have crappy toons. And those who know it's a bit more complicated than that.

First off, if you beat GW "every time" with one group all the way and can't fathom what all the fuse is about, then just count yourself extraordinarily lucky...so why bother even reading this thread? Just go enjoy your good fortune and leave the rest of us to figure the issues you don't have to deal with out for ourselves.

From my personal experience I can say that GW is broken. Broken in the sense that it is wildly inconsistent.

Here is what I would consider normal:
    Node 1-5 easy to moderate
    Node 6 moderate to difficult
    Node 7-8 moderate
    Node 9-11 difficult
    Node12 Extremely difficult

The problem is, it's never consistent anymore.

In recent weeks my node 6 has been very hard and my node 12 has been green 3* toons. Which was cool because I could finish and get my benefits out of it.

But now , for no reason i can tell, just as inexplicably as the shift to an easy node 12 it has gone back to an even harder node 12.

The infamous Luger team. But even then, wildly inconsistent. One day the Luger team has a Sun Fac that had 87,500 hit points. As far as I can tell, there is no gear available in game that would give Sun Fac (or any other single character) that many hit points. If there is someone who has a Sun Fac at extreme level of hit points please post your gear. The next day he might have 55k or 68 or 72. It's all over the map.

Now before you say I have junk toons, let me say I have 27 toons at seven stars. Two of those are gear 11. I have five at gear 10 and all the rest at 9 except for one at gear 8.

I have 38 toons that are 4-6 stars.

So today I get the most freakishly hard Luger team I've ever seen. I threw all 27 toons at it after I'd gone through all 38 of my others and I was only able to kill one toon. So 65 toons to kill one Luger toon (Su Fac).

Something is messed up with GW. And that's not whining that's just a fact.
  • Options
    2 at gear 11, there is part of the problem mate, you need more toons at max gear. The difference between G9 and G10 is massive, that's one of the reasons you're having trouble finishing it.

I'm not an ****, ain't gonna say noob or l2p etc etc, the usual troll stuff. You just need to gear up, omega your abilities, expand your roster and it gets easier, promise. I've beat it for about 2 months running. Once you get over the initial hump of beating it you'll beat it every day.

BUT, for all those who complain about Lugal on n12? Get ready to face those teams on 6 or 9 when you get to that level. Difference being, they aren't difficult when you have a good roster and switch and match your toons.

TL;DR - To beat GW once you hit 80, you need to max your toons and have a strategy, plenty have been posted here.
  • Options
    Vahldin wrote: »
    So today I get the most freakishly hard Luger team I've ever seen. I threw all 27 toons at it after I'd gone through all 38 of my others and I was only able to kill one toon. So 65 toons to kill one Luger toon (Su Fac).

Something is messed up with GW. And that's not whining that's just a fact.

Sun fac should never be your first target... that's just bad strategy... the proper way to deal with him is QGJ after he taunts, and/or royal guard to stun... Teebo also works in a pinch... if you have 27 7*s QGJ and Teebo should be 2 of them. Sun fac should be last to kill or 2ND to last, depending... and yes, some characters can go over 100k hp / protection.

On a related note... having a throng of characters to throw at a team doesn't mean you should be able to kill it... because TM persists you will invariably win lose based on the first team you throw at a node, even if that team dies first. Generally, if you can't take out at least one of the enemy characters with your first team, it's over... the exception, of course, is if you use the first 5 nodes properly to bank TM for each of your teams... otherwise every team you throw at a node after the first will start with zero TM while the other team has TM banked from killing your first team.

Bottom line, GW has less to do with your roster, and everything to do with strategy and resource management... unless, like me, you have an empire team with EP lead and clear all 12 without losing protection on a single toon.
  • Options
    Goldy wrote: »
    2 at gear 11, there is part of the problem mate, you need more toons at max gear. The difference between G9 and G10 is massive, that's one of the reasons you're having trouble finishing it.

I'm not an ****, ain't gonna say noob or l2p etc etc, the usual troll stuff. You just need to gear up, omega your abilities, expand your roster and it gets easier, promise. I've beat it for about 2 months running. Once you get over the initial hump of beating it you'll beat it every day.

BUT, for all those who complain about Lugal on n12? Get ready to face those teams on 6 or 9 when you get to that level. Difference being, they aren't difficult when you have a good roster and switch and match your toons.

TL;DR - To beat GW once you hit 80, you need to max your toons and have a strategy, plenty have been posted here.

My team is topped out.. Teebo 10 / STH 11 / Daka 10 / QGJ 11/ Ray 10 or I can substitute in an EE 10
    Most characters won't gear to 11.

Most of the time I don't kill SF first but due to RNG and the RG taunting and SF taunting and Teebo and QGJ whiffing (because apparently dodge is off the charts along with gear 12? protection/ health levels). That's just the way it goes.
  • Options
    I guess my whole point to this post is: somethings fishy.

I've beaten the Luger team before, plenty of times...and lost a bunch too. After coming off the few weeks where my node 12 was green the Luger team I'm facing now is just off the charts.

I'm convinced that they are boosted beyond what a player has available to them. I've played Arena teams at power levels of 41,000 - 42,000. I'm not some guy who has never played or doesn't have maxed out toons. I know how hard toons are supposed to hit and I know when they are putting out more damage than they should be.

Can I prove it? No. When you inspect the Luger team you can see the mods and the stats but not the gear, so who knows? I do know I've never seen 85k hit point characters in Arena. My T7 guild mates don't have 85k characters. Can someone post a Sun Fac with those stats? Heck, the RG had 84k in the node today.

I think that putting out the crazy last node is just a ploy to get people to fork out cash. It must be their way of getting the whales to keep spending and F2P people who are high enough just get caught up in it? I don't know.

So my question to the whales here. How many maxed out teams does it take you? Or are you even seeing this level of difficulty?

I generally run Teebo, EE, Daka, STH, Rey or I substitute in QGJ, or RG or Fives. All gear 10-11.

I was beating Luger before with the first group about half the time. Now that maxed group barely scratches them.
  • Options
    BLUF- how do they determine opponent. I have stalled my arena and top 15 characters for two months and GW opponent keep getting higher power anyway.

I have a fairly deep roster that is close in strength just none overly powerful. I have 25 toons with between 6.4k and 7k power. I have another 16 toons between between 5.3k and 6k. Then 10 between 4.6k and 5k. The few remaining are below 2k. My top 5 totals 33.1k and the highest squad I've used in arena is built between my 8-17 strongest characters. The arena power is 32.8k. Yet in nodes 6 and 9 I faced a team with 38k, node 11 and 12 ream was 40k. I luckily beat it this time. Which is rare these days. After the tm strategy failed miserably I went with just a control team and normally go to node 11 with teebo, chief chirpa, EE, Daka, and RG then just quit. It takes forever but at least I take minimal damage. I normally quit because I face the same team over and over that can likely wipe my entire roster with just two of the five.

Only real weak spot with my roster is I only have 2 7* droids. Any recommendations other than building droids as a deep roster doesn't mean much here.
  • Options
    Now, that's weird, i was having the easy last node when i had 38k.... Now that i'm 40k i'm getting AGAIN the abusive top 1 arena team at the end... This bug is driving me crazy lol
  • Options
    Ok...now I get wiped out on node 6. Full blown droid team. Really? F you EA! F you F you F YOU!!!!!!!

Droids are the easiest squad to face in GW, blow up JE, stun 88, and they fall apart
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Options
    Question: is there a mechanic in GW that makes it harder the more times you complete a campaign?

My best squads never have more than 33k power (just 3 gear 9's, all else 8's) and its been that way for several months, but over the last month or so Node 12 has escalated from 35k gear 9/10 to 38k gear 10/11. During that time my arena power has been constant aside from an odd gear install. Most of the time I manage to beat them if I can get enough attrition. But, there have been a couple of times when it was impossible to win and my squads were getting wiped before I could even retreat and try a new strategy. And yes, I am aware of turn metre strategy.

Anyway, it seems to me that the devs have seen fit to turn up the dial if you keep winning.
  • Options
    tRRRey wrote: »
    Ok...now I get wiped out on node 6. Full blown droid team. Really? F you EA! F you F you F YOU!!!!!!!

Droids are the easiest squad to face in GW, blow up JE, stun 88, and they fall apart

I have tried that but they are speed demons. They wipe out 2-3 of my guys before I get my first turn
  • Options
    It could be that if your win ratio in GW gets over a certain point they start rolling insane teams on you and give you the old "right there Fred". I've had last node teams at 44.5k power. Which is over 8900 per toon. Ridiculous really.
  • Options
    tRRRey wrote: »

I have tried that but they are speed demons. They wipe out 2-3 of my guys before I get my first turn

Your TM carries over mate, so why are they going first at all??

And no, they don't make it harder the more times you complete it (that's coming from someone who beats it every day). Not bragging, just saying that that theory is nonsense.

• Options
    Goldy wrote: »
    And no, they don't make it harder the more times you complete it (that's coming from someone who beats it every day). Not bragging, just saying that that theory is nonsense.

Actually i saw the same slow increase in node12 power over winning days. BUT not always the highest powered team is the one that's impossible to beat. But yeah, i noticed a slow ramp-up of the node 12 power.
  • Options
    That's because the players are improving and getting higher power mate, not something the game is doing. As an example, once you hit max power you'll see Chewie a lot more in GW because he can get to a really high power, and folk chase that to try and get the easy 11 n 12, which means when you face that team they ain't that hard (cause it's Chewie). Does that make sense?
  • Options
    Nope, for the last month i made sure my strongest 5 chars do not improve at all and i kept hoarding lower level characters and improving those. So according to the general consensus the teams i would face they will be around a certain power. But i saw that power slower creeping up.

And of course a higher powered team with no synergies or with high power chars but kinda useless (like chewie) would be easier than a full droid team that might be lower powered. I had more problems with the team on 6th node (droids) than with the one on node 12. (one reason was that i don't accept casualties on node 6 so i had to experiment quite a bit).
  • Options
    What's your arena power mate? You'll see it on your guild screen
  • Astateofmind
    160 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    arena 33.525, 5 highest chars power 33.697,

given that i can finish GW everyday and stay under 100 in arena with this team i don' want to increase it anymore, halted my chars at level 74 and just expanding my rooster + raising most toons to that level. After i get to 80 (my account) and hoard a few omegas i'll start leveling my chars as well.

The node i'm in is fairly new, so it's the guild so the gear flow is slow ...
  • Options
    I just finished my third complete GW after a 7 day stretch of being spanked at the 12th node. Even on the completed ones my A and B teams had been mauled. It's a beast to beat which makes it more rewarding when you manage it. IMO if it were nerfed more than 1% it would tilt too far to the cakewalk that every other daily gameplay mode has in massive abundance.
  • Options
    It's crap anyone saying their not manipulating the results... Players having to face almost 8-10k power jumps is prove enough... Then all you have to do is actually look at the mods, characters sitting with massive amounts of protection and health and when you look at their mods they have nothing, if you ain't experiencing it then good for you but there is a reason this thread has so many views and comments, players notice trends if it feels scammy chance are it is... An the fact that the turns are all pre generated should tell you all you need to know, don't believe me run the exact same team to near completion and then exit the battle... Log it in again an it will follow the exact same results including skills hitting or missing, it's pre generated results worked out by who ever you attack first... Try it for your self....
  • Options
    ... An the fact that the turns are all pre generated should tell you all you need to know, don't believe me run the exact same team to near completion and then exit the battle... Log it in again an it will follow the exact same results including skills hitting or missing, it's pre generated results worked out by who ever you attack first... Try it for your self....

That the RNG numbers are fixed is well known and a *good* thing. Don't like how something played out later in the match? Then retreat, play it the same up to that point, and try something different. Don't like the rolls? Change it up by reworking your squad or consume a different number of RNG results. Use an AOE in place of a single target, and you see different results after. But this lets you replay the fight to find what is to your benefit and change up when it's not.

• Options
    Absolute joke! Stage 6... Emperor palatine 6* fully equipped, leia 7*, Rey 7*, Quigon 7*, Lando 7*, all fully equipped and 4* mods. Took out my A, B and C team. You need to fix the leveling
  • Options
    gw is no problem at all. I routinely clear using just one team (hk, 86,88, poogle, and qui gon) no idea how this is still a problem for people.
  • Options
    Guys, GW is not WAI, and i know that for sure. How? When i was 38k arena power, my last node was a joke, 3* no geared toons. Before that i was having impossible last nodes, with teams far beyond my roster capability of facing. Then, after i got to 38k i though "yay, easy last nodes, even though is bogus, is better then facing impossible nodes" ... But then i got to 40k power... And the impossible nodes returned.

Now i got to 41k... The easy last nodes returned. So you see.... It's broken. Now i'm enjoying having the easy last nodes again, lets see for how long lol
  • Options
    Fought a team yesterday (Jage Luis?) who had a combined power of about 40k but ridiculous speeds for all (JE alone had over 200 and that's not counting the bonus he gets from being around droids). Could this be a real team or as mentioned earlier a server team designed to force players to fork out money to get their characters to G11 in a hurry?
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • djvita
    1684 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    ozN5Edz.png
    Node 11 entering the easy nodes
    Full jedi teams that did not even get a half turn
    AoEs that killed them all in one fell swoop
    War indeed
  • Options
    GW is by far the worst part of the game. It's the least enjoyable and regardless of whether you find it easy or hard it should at least be enjoyable to play.
  • Options
    I've never been one to complain about GW, but today I've had enough. For the past two or three weeks, I've beaten GW maybe 3 or 4 times. I have 20 7* lvl 80 g8+ toons. 6 toons totally maxed, mods on probably 9 or 10 of those.

I cannot beat the last node to save my life. Tbe last four nodes are hell. I use a rebel squad to clear the first 2 or 3 nodes, no problem. Drop my droid squad in for an easy win and TM prep. I keep wiping squads up to node 8 with my rebels. Tier 9 is usually the 2nd hardest team. I lose my rebels here, and droids finish them off. My droids, today for instance beat node 9 and 10. For node 11, I bring in my A team - Anakin (maxed and modded), QGJ maxed and modded, RG maxed and modded, Lumi G10, modded, and Rey maxed and modded. When I say max, I mean max gear, level and all. Between my A team and the remaining 7-10 usually bench toons at level 80, I cannot defeat the last node. These teams are lvl 80, 40k power, insane health mods and literally wipe the floor with me. Something needs to change as this is getting very frustrating. And yes, I back out, try different moves, leaders, toons etc and just say f it when nothing will work.
  • Options
    Yep, MacDaddy on my last node has 42,534 power. Fully maxed with 5* mods on Anakin, QGJ, Aayla, RG, 5s. F that.