Next Content Update Preview - Part 1

Prev13456713
Greetings Heroes,

Today we’d like to give you a preview on one of the big features we’re adding to our next major update in February, the Shard Shop.

This will be the place to trade in those extra shards for characters that you already have at 7 stars. The Shard Shop will have multiple character shards rotated in and out, and may eventually have an exclusive character that has been highly requested by the community :)

The Shard Shop is just one of the many new features that we’re adding to Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes. As we get closer to the next major update we’ll continue to preview content that will be included. Stay tuned!

Cheers
Community Manager for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes | Follow me on Twitter - Darokaz

Replies

• Keyvines
    18 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    First
    I'm excited :) New character :open_mouth:
  • Options
    Thanks for the heads up, happy gaming.
  • Options
    Hopefully we can trade in shards from undesirable characters too :)
    Ally code: 323-282-152. Member of TNR. The New Rebellion
  • Options
    Omnirhyze wrote: »
    Hopefully we can trade in shards from undesirable characters too :)

For other undesirable characters, sure,
    1 ewok shard does not equal Old ben shard.

• Options
    good thing im saving up,galatic war coins,,i can load up on phasma and lumi and trade them in for......... someone good hopefully.
  • Options
    Thank you!
  • Options
    EA_Jesse wrote: »
    Greetings Heroes,

Today we’d like to give you a preview on one of the big features we’re adding to our next major update in February, the Shard Shop.

This will be the place to trade in those extra shards for characters that you already have at 7 stars. The Shard Shop will have multiple character shards rotated in and out, and may eventually have an exclusive character that has been highly requested by the community :)

The Shard Shop is just one of the many new features that we’re adding to Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes. As we get closer to the next major update we’ll continue to preview content that will be included. Stay tuned!

Cheers

Thanks. Does Preview mean that it'll temporarily be available in game, or just the description that you're providing in forum?
  • Options
    Awesome. Are we able to trade in ANY shard or only the shards for the heroes we have at 7*?

• Options
    Ty for the info Jesse
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    Options
    only 7*. otherwise, it would be too easy...
    mighty chlorians
  • Options
    This is just a preview, we'll provide full details once the update is launching.
    Community Manager for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes | Follow me on Twitter - Darokaz
  • Options

This is just a preview, we'll provide full details once the update is launching.

That's fair.
  • Options
    Thanks, hopefully it stops a few complaints ;)
  • Options
    Are we only able to trade shards for shards in the Shard Shop?

Are we deconstructing shards in to a new currency or actually just trading them straight up for some kind of ratio?

How does a Shard Shop that only sells shards help the big spenders you have in your game that have 7* of most/all characters already? One new toon in the shop won't really cut it. Are there plans to let us maybe use the shards/new currency on random pieces of gear or MKIII Ability Mats, similar to the Cantina/Shipments sections currently in place, but just a bit more premium in quality?

If the Shard Shop is seriously only character shards, and specific ones you set at that, this is going to be really, really disappointing...
  • Options
    So it sounds like the next update still possibly several weeks away. Guess i do need to focus on gearing/starring Poe if I want to survive in arena during that time
  • HBOMBCOKFIST
    184 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Naecabon wrote: »
    Are we only able to trade shards for shards in the Shard Shop?

Are we deconstructing shards in to a new currency or actually just trading them straight up for some kind of ratio?

How does a Shard Shop that only sells shards help the big spenders you have in your game that have 7* of most/all characters already? One new toon in the shop won't really cut it. Are there plans to let us maybe use the shards/new currency on random pieces of gear or MKIII Ability Mats, similar to the Cantina/Shipments sections currently in place, but just a bit more premium in quality?

If the Shard Shop is seriously only character shards, and specific ones you set at that, this is going to be really, really disappointing...

This.
  • Options
    Thanks for the UPDATE! :)
  • Options
    @Naecabon I can't share further details at this time. Feel free to ask your questions over in the thread I just created though.

• Options
    @Naecabon I can't share further details at this time. Feel free to ask your questions over in the thread I just created though.

...why? This is the part I don't understand. You guys have an update coming in a few weeks, you already know 100% what's going in it, you have the ability to answer questions a large portion of your playerbase are hungry to find out more about, and you just... choose not to?

I guess I'm just really having a hard time understanding the company policy you guys have adapted on information pertaining to your game. The Shard Shop is something a lot of your big spenders have been patiently waiting months for, and this isn't really a "preview" at all. This was just confirming what a different dev said weeks ago, in that this was "coming in the next update." We knew that already. This post didn't give us any new information we didn't already have.

Why the tight lips on stuff like this? Why wait until the last possible second when a patch is going live to ACTUALLY preview new content? Is it a concern a lot of us are going to be unhappy with it and you don't want to hear about it prior to launch? I have no idea why else you guys would be so so so adamant of keeping us in the dark as long as possible until the last second.
  • Options

...why? This is the part I don't understand. You guys have an update coming in a few weeks, you already know 100% what's going in it, you have the ability to answer questions a large portion of your playerbase are hungry to find out more about, and you just... choose not to?

I guess I'm just really having a hard time understanding the company policy you guys have adapted on information pertaining to your game. The Shard Shop is something a lot of your big spenders have been patiently waiting months for, and this isn't really a "preview" at all. This was just confirming what a different dev said weeks ago, in that this was "coming in the next update." We knew that already. This post didn't give us any new information we didn't already have.

Why the tight lips on stuff like this? Why wait until the last possible second when a patch is going live to ACTUALLY preview new content? Is it a concern a lot of us are going to be unhappy with it and you don't want to hear about it prior to launch? I have no idea why else you guys would be so so so adamant of keeping us in the dark as long as possible until the last second.

Shots fired! B)
  • EM650
    1120 posts Member
    Options
    Greetings Heroes,

Cheers

YODA!!!!

Awesome news. Thanks for the heads up Jesse. Also, good to know that it is coming in February some time.
  • Llewella
    400 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    The Shard Shop will have multiple character shards rotated in and out, and may eventually have an exclusive character that has been highly requested by the community :)

Cannot believe no one has speculated on what EAJesse was talking about.

Did he elude to Yoda? Or what other character could he be referring to?
  • Options
    Yoda or Luke the farmer becomes a Jedi?

Chondrosarcoma- Chondro3150#0907
  • EM650
    1120 posts Member
    Options
    Wazlinski wrote: »
    Thanks, hopefully it stops a few complaints ;)

Or at the very least a couple forum threads asking about shards for 7* characters.
  • Options

People will game plan for the changes weeks before they happen. Probably why you are asking.
  • Options
    @Naecabon it's a preview, just like anything else that gives a preview. When you watch a trailer for a movie do you just want to know everything about it right that second? Why is Rey crying in the Star Wars: The Force Awakens trailer? They should tell me now before I even go to see it!

Also, reacting like this may make us hesitant to share information before a release, so....
  • EM650
    1120 posts Member
    Options

This is just a shot in the dark, but I am guessing it is so that they do not needlessly have to field questions and complaints about content that has not even been fully developed or released yet.
  • Options
    @Naecabon it's a preview, just like anything else that gives a preview. When you watch a trailer for a movie do you just want to know everything about it right that second? Why is Rey crying in the Star Wars: The Force Awakens trailer? They should tell me now before I even go to see it!

Also, reacting like this may make us hesitant to share information before a release, so....

Don't listen to them lol compared to Dice and Battlefront you guys are a fountain of information.

:D
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    Options
    this preview is more a confirmation that this feature is coming. the idea that this might be implemented wasn't an official thing earlier.

that being said, it's just like any other update...they can't say exactly what's going to happen because if they don't deliver...the lash back isn't worth the headache.
    mighty chlorians
  • Options
    Some people just completely derail the hype train.