Poe threads combined

Replies

• Options
    fberbert wrote: »
    Here is my fight against a squad with: Poe, FOTP, Phasma, Ben, FO Officer. It got harder than expected once I could't remove Poe's taunt in the 1st round. I usually do it with Qui-Gon's Humbling Blow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdIQeUSBz1A

Good job. A team like that is easy to beat. That build as a C team build compared to what we are talking here - only high damage is FOTP

• Options
    You guys seriously joking
    Why nerf post here? We did see p2p toons Briass being nerf not because she is op but if EA nerf her p2p are forced to consume crystal to farm new toons

Next time Yoda come out all first order will not be an issue in this forum. People keeping saying you can farm the op toons also. When you farm them at 5 stars new toons already coming out

Don't call EA to nerf again you possibly realise that the difficulty of designing growth path of each character and EA did it. They must know what to op and what to nerf.

Good luck everybody

btw in GW I face not even full star Poe kylo lumi Sid and Phasma and I can't touch them before one or two of my toons low health. Any help ?
  • Options
    bleeaauuh wrote: »
    Stun FOTP first turn with dooku if you can, then kill Poe, then kill fotp
    Dosent always work but it can

A beautiful joke dooku something not even faster than Poe not to mention you only hope 40% stun chance. Maybe you see the assistance chance of Phasma so you thing it works for you also haha

Another joke dooku one hit kill by FOTP

No offence just talking
  • Options
    So. Let's be clear: POE CAN BE BEATEN WITH THE RIGHT COUNTER.

We just saw proof. Aka, he doesn't need a nerf.
    Qeltar wrote: »
    I'll post this here too for those who don't realize one of the big issues.

Here's what FOTP's health does as you go up each star level:
    2*: +900
    3*: +900
    4*: +900
    5*: +900
    6*: +800
    7*: +4,200

This is clearly a bug that needs to be addressed ASAP. That said, this bug seems to be more of the anchor issue on why many Poe teams are so successful (all the successful ones are using a beefcake FOTP).

At 58, I beat a 7* Poe team at 63, no problem. It was a high damage team but did not have FOTP.

Perhaps it's not Poe at all? Just an insanely bugged FOTP?

Faced a Poe, FOTP, Phasma, Kylo and Lumi team today. Got my Lumi in the 1st wave, then the opposite FOTP got healed just as he was in the red, beep! I was ready to throw in the towel, but somehow I got through with 5s and Phasma standing. I was running Phasma, Kylo, Sid, Lumi and 5s. 7 stars, lvl 63, Kylo 6, 5s 5. Almost all geared up to the max.

RNG is sometimes every thing. Luckily, it went my way today.

Edit: Enemy was 7 stars, lvl 63. At least the leader and FOTP(that extra long health bar).

Er..... You using Phasma also lose.......
  • Options
    Triqui wrote: »
    SwordsLFD wrote: »
    Why is Poe considered OP? I'm seriously just asking, I don't get it. Lay it out for me.

He is fastest toon at 70, tied with others. But he can steal turn meter. Which mean if you load up your squad with heavy hitting, fast characters, and your poe go first, you can steal turn meter to the enemy, and your whole team act first. The game is balanced sroubd the idea that each player take an action, by turns. If a side takes 5 actiobs while the other take 0, balance is broken

Talking about turn meter, Poe and Phasma really good at it
  • Options
    Miss_Doll wrote: »

Talking about turn meter, Poe and Phasma really good at it

Han and FO Officer are good at it as well.
  • Options
    I don't see what the fuss is about. My Poe dies all the time in a few hits. I don't think he's as OP as ppl say he is.
  • Options
    Daka also ties for first turn so Daka can stun him as well.
  • Options
    Daka also ties for first turn so Daka can stun him as well.

Daka is second turn. Her max speed is 136
  • Options
    What this comes down to is high level play.

At max speed, having a Poe vs Poe basically throws the ability to win to RNG. Whichever Poe goes first Taunts, therefore reducing meter by 25%, and allowing not only other Turn 7 characters to go, but also Turn 8, and possibly 9. If you have other meter reducing characters on your team, you can throw this back further still, and guarantee your team a full turn to eliminate at least 1 of the opposing teams nukes, while ensuring their first turn will be focused on your Poe.

Take away the turn meter reduction and replace it with something else tankish (Def Up, Health up, Ten Up, etc.) and Poe is 100% balanced and fair, and exactly where a good tank ought to be - up on the front of turns, with decent health and tank abilities. End of discussion.
  • Song
    863 posts Member
    Options
    Muajin wrote: »
    I don't see what the fuss is about. My Poe dies all the time in a few hits. I don't think he's as OP as ppl say he is.

It depend who you team up with? what is your team?
  • Options
    I just had my first experience (just reached the low 70's arena rank) of getting whipped by a team only because they had Poe. He turned the entire match from a routine win into a startling blowout loss. Now I don't know whether to join those calling for a nerf, or to spend my 2300 cantina tokens on him!!!
  • Options
    I just had my first experience (just reached the low 70's arena rank) of getting whipped by a team only because they had Poe. He turned the entire match from a routine win into a startling blowout loss. Now I don't know whether to join those calling for a nerf, or to spend my 2300 cantina tokens on him!!!

Welcome. Sit on the right side, where people in high end teams that understand what they are saying ... and wait patiently.

Now, any other person sitting in the left thinks has a video as requested?
  • Options

Dont do it resist the temptation, the nerf hammer is without a doubt inbound.
    On your experience, isnt it great when one character causes u to lose 2 to 3 of yoyr toons before u even get a chance to go. Honestly Watching Poes brokeness decimate my team is about 75% of the enjoyment i currently get from this game atm
  • Options
    I would think something will likely be done in the update, either slightly modifiying Poe to make fully geared Poe+glass cannon teams virtually unbeatable if the RNG does not go your way in the first round, or else new characters/dynamics put in place to make it counter-able.

I am currently sitting on nearly 4,000 cantina credits as I try to decide whether to upgrade my 4* Poe, invest in Daka, or wait to see if any new characters are added in the next update whenever that is ("soon").
  • Options
    Plasmaj wrote: »
    I would think something will likely be done in the update, either slightly modifiying Poe to make fully geared Poe+glass cannon teams virtually unbeatable if the RNG does not go your way in the first round, or else new characters/dynamics put in place to make it counter-able.

I am currently sitting on nearly 4,000 cantina credits as I try to decide whether to upgrade my 4* Poe, invest in Daka, or wait to see if any new characters are added in the next update whenever that is ("soon").

Definitely don't get Poe. He's gonna get nerfed soon, and when EA nerfs a character they destroy anything that even resembles a powerful ability
  • Muajin
    34 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Song wrote: »

i use lum, jc, dooku,rg and sid. i used to use poe, but he dies quick so i replaced him with rg.

• DrawingGuy
    11 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Song wrote: »

i use lum, jc, dooku,rg and sid. i used to use poe, but he dies quick so i replaced him with rg.

Poe's purpose is not to live forever. His taunt is so powerful that it auto-wins a battle for you if you have a glass cannon team. There are other powerful combos, but not as powerful as being able to wipe out 2-3 characters before the other team can move, so no need to pursue. The only saving grace is most of those glass cannons are only P2P or hard mode grinds, so the most broken combo is not really seen outside of whales. I'm lucky enough to be on a server where there few such players.

I know others have mentioned that it's the glass cannons that are the problem, but it's glitch fixes that I think are needed there, not nerfs. FotP HP glitch and triple-attack glitch need to be fixed. Leia's 100% procs also need fixing... but it's Poe that allows them to wipe the floor. I land a stun on Poe, or get lucky and he decides to standard attack instead of taunt, I win (barring standard RNG screwover). He taunts, I lose. Level 70 won't change that as it won't let my guys go any 'firster' and most chars will still die to a 20% expose + 12-18k combo that I can't avoid. As many of people said, he gets too many things going for his taunt. First turn, two rounds, AOE expose, AOE turn meter reduction. Either the first turn or the turn meter reduction needs to be removed.
  • Options
    All I'm seeing is a very particular well synergized 'wallet warrior' team that 99.99% of people playing can't evne build.

The problem isn't Poe.

It's everyone expecting to beat a $2k+++ team w/o making the same investment.

Get over it. Poe is fine. FOTP is bugged and will be fixed.

There are tons of characters still incoming. I suspect Yoda and/or Palpatine will have something to say about the current meta.

Most importantly, there will ALWAYS be a meta. Deal with it. With or without Poe, the meta will still ALWAYS be a coin flip. Sorry, meta vs meta = coin flip... Doesn't matter.

Good luck.
  • oTradeMark
    393 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    All I'm seeing is a very particular well synergized 'wallet warrior' team that 99.99% of people playing can't evne build.

The problem isn't Poe.

There are tons of characters still incoming. I suspect Yoda and/or Palpatine will have something to say about the current meta.

Most importantly, there will ALWAYS be a meta. Deal with it. With or without Poe, the meta will still ALWAYS be a coin flip. Sorry, meta vs meta = coin flip... Doesn't matter.

Good luck.

What are you talking about $2k+++ teams? Poe + Geo Soldier, FOTP, Sid, Hoth Rebel Scout, Resistance Trooper, Phasma, etc... All farmable F2P characters that will absolutely destroy any lineup when Poe goes first. The issue is absolutely Poe and the fact that Damage outputs are so high that a lot of team comps aren't viable since speed is king and most characters won't even have a chance to do anything in the battle in the current state of the game.

And while there will always be a meta, the meta shouldn't be restricted so much that the top 10 teams are always using the same 10 or so characters. You can have a meta which revolves around certain play styles and still have balance and diversity. With the current "meta" aka "Who's Poe goes first coin flip toss" there is no balance.
    GamingUpgrade.com - Gaming Guides | oTradeMark - YouTube Channel | Team iNstinct - Guild
  • Options
    oTradeMark wrote: »

The problem isn't Poe.

Good luck.

What are you talking about $2k+++ teams? Poe + Geo Soldier, FOTP, Sid, Hoth Rebel Scout, Resistance Trooper, Phasma, etc... All farmable F2P characters that will absolutely destroy any lineup when Poe goes first. The issue is absolutely Poe and the fact that Damage outputs are so high that a lot of team comps aren't viable since speed is king and most characters won't even have a chance to do anything in the battle in the current state of the game.

And while there will always be a meta, the meta shouldn't be restricted so much that the top 10 teams are always using the same 10 or so characters. You can have a meta which revolves around certain play styles and still have balance and diversity. With the current "meta" aka "Who's Poe goes first coin flip toss" there is no balance.

Poe's pretty hard to farm if you didn't get him for free, especially as Daka is positioned as the only true healer on DS.
  • Options

The problem isn't Poe.

Good luck.

Poe's pretty hard to farm if you didn't get him for free, especially as Daka is positioned as the only true healer on DS.

Which is the sole reason why we're seeing so many people crying for a Poe nerf. I'm okay with whatever they want to do with Poe tbh, I left him at 4* and already got an immense return from my investment. I can't wait to see the next OP toon whine, perhaps Poggle...
  • JohnnySteelAlpha
    2794 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options

The problem isn't Poe.

Good luck.

Wow this guy gets it. If everyone just understood this they wouldn't bother with nerf threads. The nerf crowd has already moved on since more than likely Poe / FOTP will be chopped - Rey is now in the eye of the storm with a few threads now popping up. Now we just need a few more really long posts, throw one up on reddit enough so a Dev sees it, and bang...we're on our way to nerfing her too. Apparently we will get a non-stop stream of nerf threads for each iteration of meta or a high performing toon.
  • Options
    I don't know if one guy get's it or not. In a meta that results in single hit deaths, why is there HP, turns, and chars that do 1/5 of the damage with added skills that add nothing?

You can't strategize "around" thebfact of a 7* Rey, 7* FOTP, 7* QGJ, 7* Leia behind a 7* max soeed Poe that taunts first. Why have dispel? If the one dispelling is still alive by the time it takes a turn, you have 1 or 2 others standing, and you need to easte a very precious move to dispel? Dispel? So Poe makes everyone in enemy 1) go first w/turn meter 2) exposes 3-4 chars for 20% HP (which is about 60 to 80% HP damage of average too.n and shields entire team, and the person that dispels that so little.

One QUICK FIX I propose is this and makes sense: a taunter that gets stunned, get the taunt stunned too. How can a stunned person prevent anyone from doing anything? If the char gets stunned, the taunt becomes passive until the stun clears.

I still also think all chars would gain either a defense hike or additional HP so chars are rarely if ever one shot.
  • Options

The problem isn't Poe.

Good luck.

So you want to play a game where there is no skill or strategy involved? Every match is a coin flip for which Poe goes first. Is that seriously fun to people?
  • Alecation
    211 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I want to see someone beat a team with poe, fotp, leia, sidious, phasma

fotp just has dmg,is strong but at 70 is not that strong, kylo does almost same dmg
    poe just brings too much to the table with fast speed and turn meter reduction + taunt + expose

• Options
    Heronmar wrote: »

The problem isn't Poe.

Good luck.

Which is the sole reason why we're seeing so many people crying for a Poe nerf. I'm okay with whatever they want to do with Poe tbh, I left him at 4* and already got an immense return from my investment. I can't wait to see the next OP toon whine, perhaps Poggle...

It's not the sole reason. Even if I had been given him, I still would be hating what the meta has devolved into. Having to use Poe to win, having the outcome of the match being determined by a coin flip, these are the reasons people that own him also complain.

Poggle's fine. Leia and FOTP need a touch up w/r/t numbers and the buff, respectively. Poe just needs to lose his speed loss, and not much else.

I think Poe is OP, and I thought Barriss was OP before the nerf. I don't think it'll take a ton of nerfbat hits to take them back into line with what's already out there, now. I think the community tends to devolve into histrionics just by the nature of how self-interest tends to drive "balance" discussions, and it's disingenuous to for anyone to pretend that this self-interest only exists for the opposing side.
  • Options
    Alecation wrote: »

fotp just has dmg,is strong but at 70 is not that strong, kylo does almost same dmg
    poe just brings too much to the table with fast speed and turn meter reduction + taunt + expose

Kylo doesn't do the same damage as FOTP. Outrage requires Kylo to be under 50% health to put out a good amount of damage.
  • Options
    I go through phases on this one. Today every match I would get only 1 Sid move to their entire team going first. Poe exposes a pair and take out maxed Kylo & Lumi before either has a chance to move. 5/5 matches lost before I had one chance to make more than one move. So today I'm yelling nerf. Take away turn meter or expose/tenacity
  • Options
    pay2win wrote: »
    Alecation wrote: »

Kylo doesn't do the same damage as FOTP. Outrage requires Kylo to be under 50% health to put out a good amount of damage.

Yeah, Kylo doesn't live up to the hype. Now I'm just hoping that Poe will get nerfed before the next character update, so that we can actually have real battles that aren't decided by a coin flip before the next OP character is introduced to sell packs