***TOURNAMENT MEGATHREAD*** (All related posts here)

Replies

• Options
    I loved it. It was a fantastic experience and the first genuine time I've had feeling competitive and trying to battle it out for first. There was a great incentive to play but I think the main problem was the fact that refreshes were so far spaced apart and you basically had to use crystals if it wanted to place anywhere near the top. For the next go around I think they should have two squads that you lock in at he start. One defensive like this one had and one offensive. And in doing so they could eliminate some need for the crystal refreshes. If your team can't beat the theee teams presented then it wouldn't matter how many time you throw a squad at it. The daily refresh would allow you to change your squad. So you would have to think "what would I possible come up against" in order to advance.
  • Options
    Hobnob wrote: »
    I am more than happy to shoot fish in a barrel especially if it means rewards!

LOL!
  • Options
    I am more than happy to shoot fish in a barrel especially if it means rewards!
    I was one of the fish (maybe not yours) as I had just made level 60.
    I wouldn't be surprise if I make 70 as the next tournament starts, I'll then be the fish at the bottom of the barrel again.

• Options
    I loved it. It was a fantastic experience and the first genuine time I've had feeling competitive and trying to battle it out for first. There was a great incentive to play but I think the main problem was the fact that refreshes were so far spaced apart and you basically had to use crystals if it wanted to place anywhere near the top. For the next go around I think they should have two squads that you lock in at he start. One defensive like this one had and one offensive. And in doing so they could eliminate some need for the crystal refreshes. If your team can't beat the theee teams presented then it wouldn't matter how many time you throw a squad at it. The daily refresh would allow you to change your squad. So you would have to think "what would I possible come up against" in order to advance.

I agree with the Defensive Squad lock-down and believe that we will see that the next time it rolls around. However, just allowing one team to participate in the offensive side will completely take away from the event and turn it into another Arena....which I do not believe we need. If anything, this should get folks to focus more on building multiple teams in preparation for the next tournament. Easier said than done....but it does give some flexibility when attacking as well as more opportunities to attack. We would feel the need to refresh more if we only had one team to attack.

This was not a simple beat this player to take his/her rank...it was all about scoring points and I personally enjoyed it a lot more than the arena. It didn't matter who you attacked as long as you defeated them and kept your toons alive (where most of the points were generated). You had to decide if you could take a team with a lower powered team or if you needed to pull out your big guns and lay waste. In the end, your strongest team generated just as many points as your weakest....so there was more strategy involved, IMO.
  • Hobnob
    1097 posts Member
    Options
    @ddlooping you just had bad luck mate, been a right mix of stories in my guild.
  • Options
    All done, Thanks @Scarpooch, Enigma, M, and @Nebulous
  • Options
    I was on your shard. Did you fight me? I had the same line up as you for half the raid. I added poe and took out ep for the other half. I was in the top ten, but dropped fast and finished 30th.
  • Options
    I was on your shard. Did you fight me? I had the same line up as you for half the raid. I added poe and took out ep for the other half. I was in the top ten, but dropped fast and finished 30th.

Yes I think I might have fought your team but wasn't recording. I believe it was before you put Poe in defense. It was a very competitive shard
  • Options
    Those pesky ti guys work well together.
  • Options
    Did the Teamskunk guy end up winning the shard?
  • Fitz
    302 posts Member
    Options
    I know how it works right now. I find the way it works in the event neater.
  • Options
    I finished rank 3300 in tournament. Is it good ?
  • Options
    @ddlooping you just had bad luck mate, been a right mix of stories in my guild.
    Thanks, Hobnob, let's just hope it turns into good luck.
    However, as Yoda said, "Play catch-up, forever you will, unless $$ willing you are to spend".

• Options
    Did the Teamskunk guy end up winning the shard?

Yeah he added 3k points overnight
  • Options
    Those pesky ti guys work well together.

They were very nice and helped a lot actually
  • Options
    Finished in the 1000-500 bracket. Received pretty good rewards. Only spent 90 crystals at the very end (to climb into the top 1000, probably could have settled in the 900s with only 15 crystals, but chose to make sure).

All in all, pretty happy with the rewards for effort put in. It wasn't terrible. I'm just hoping it comes often enough to make farming Shoretrooper feasible. But even then, got some gear I needed, some decent credits, and got to play around with different team comps a bit.
  • Options
    You, too, can be #1 and > 5000 points for the low effort of thumbprints for Warehouse of Crystals. :D

326ab44ec3.jpg

Did you end up #1 @SnakesOnAPlane
  • Options
    That was the only concept in the event I liked. I can see it working better in arena as people won't put cupcake teams in to cheat the system. But yes I'm on board with that idea. I also like the point system rather than the current lockout snipe system.
    Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb!
  • SnakesOnAPlane
    4363 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    WildGrunt wrote: »
    You, too, can be #1 and > 5000 points for the low effort of thumbprints for Warehouse of Crystals. :D

326ab44ec3.jpg

Close, but no Cuban cigar! I had tens of thousands of crystals to continue burning, but at 2am I was totally whooped and had to get up for work at 5am. I felt in the giving spirit, so I put in a weak squad and let #2 take me. He was coming up anyway (from what I could tell, nobody was helping him - all crystal refreshes!) and since I was over it, I figured I'd be nice and help him out. But what's crazy is that he continued to keep going for almost another 2000 points! LOL!

6e6823e4f7.png

6e59cccc87.png
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • Options

326ab44ec3.jpg

Close, but no Cuban cigar! I had tens of thousands of crystals to continue burning, but at 2am I was totally whooped and had to get up for work at 5am. I felt in the giving spirit, so I put in a weak squad and let #2 take me. He was coming up anyway (from what I could tell, nobody was helping him - all crystal refreshes!) and since I was over it, I figured I'd be nice and help him out. But what's crazy is that he continued to keep going for almost another 2000 points! LOL!

6e6823e4f7.png

6e59cccc87.png

Wow also a lot of movement under you. That was very close. Congrats man
  • Options

326ab44ec3.jpg

6e6823e4f7.png

6e59cccc87.png

326ab44ec3.jpg

6e6823e4f7.png

6e59cccc87.png

Thanks brother, same to you!
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • CookieCrispp
    555 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Right. As people have pointed out, there are two new things with this patch that will effect raids. One of these is very relevant to the idea of lockouts, and will be discussed here, as well as previous statements by CG devs regarding raiding.

The statement in question:
    - All guilds will receive max currency after the patch (pretty cool)

This statement leads to an obvious issue of exploitation, due to any alt or small guilds instantly having full coins. Even if we choose to acknowledge the gating of T7 behind a T6 completion, this still would allow alt guilds to complete two t7, two t6 in the same time a single guild could generate coins to complete two t7s.

The obvious issue is that any guild with enough alts can raid each raid 2 times every two days, despite the new raid lockout system.

Previously, with the dev comments to the effect of that raids were intended to be conducted with a hard cap of once every 48 hours, as well as the previously ambiguous responses regarding guild hopping, I think this is the time for CG to make a statement and take a stance, before this box gets opened and everything pops off.

I would suggest adding to t6/7 a 84ish hour cap on rewards, per player, equal to two raid loots for each of the two raids. Any subsequent raid loot would not be generated (harsh, I know).
    This is shorter than the time required to generate two raids worth of coins, but still allows players to double raid if they want to.

It deters guild hopping and alts, as it at best generates one half days gain (15k coins) per 84 hours (three and a half days). Or, to put it more realistically, maybe a full raid piece every week past the design intent, if you pushed hard and offset by 12 hours constantly. This is better than the current average of one raid per day (2 every 48 hours) which is roughly 2 raid pieces more per week.

It is not a perfect design, but I implore the devs to consider such a hard cap to prevent this next patch from being "raid gate" or "alt gate".

Obviously the first week of this patch, I would disable this hard cap to allow players to dump the full coffers. This may assist alt guilds, but the assist would be very temporary.

TLDR: all guilds will have full raid coins starting next patch.
    84 hour lockout for 2 T6/7 loots per player would be ideal.

Edited: Clarity.
  • Options
    When the tounaments are coming back?
    Will it be every week?
    I need to finish Shoretrooper....i still need 70 shards to 7*.
    Make it on weekly basis!! Thank you
  • Options
    Nobody knows. They won't give you a direct answer. I hope they take time and really work through all of the community feedback and don't ever release some money grabbing **** like this again.
  • Options
    money grabbing?? people actually spent money on this tournament?? that's nuts. i only did one round once and called it quits.
  • Options
    I dont care ....i need to finish Shoretrooper
  • Options
    the machmaking went by when you started the event and that's alot guilds were in the same tournament shard
  • Options
    Seems like a well thought out plan... fair and reasonable design; Thus it will be ignored.

Sorry for the pessimism but it's been almost one year... Well planned , thouroughly tested, and bug free that is not how we do things
  • Options
    Wow, you two are inseparable!!! ;)
  • Options
    Great! 1+

ps and no it isn't cheating and it's even not really a exploit..but I call it supporting each other to the fullest 1+++++ :smile: