Galactic War - Post ALL Comments Here ***MEGATHREAD*** (GW Threads all Merged here)

Replies

• Options
    Hmm... So after about 4 months of having easy node 12, today (first GW after update) my node 12 is hard once again. Is GW Fixed now? (My arena team is 40,301 power, Lando (L), wedge, biggs, han solo, and sth)
  • Saraleb
    2070 posts Member
    Options
    Still green for me... just shy of 44k top team... although my arena team is less at 42k
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options
    Boo wrote: »
    I've seen this too - power doesn't make any sense and certainly not available to us as players - these teams must have Gear 11/12.

EA "cheats" to make GW "challenging" and "working as intended"!

Cheating? I don't follow. The gear levels are clearly shown. Qui-Gon, Anakin, FOTP all at gear XI, Vader and RG at gear X. All 7*, level 80. They all have 5* L15 Health mods, with a few Defense mods as well. I showed you an example with RG.
    How is this cheating? If you get those 5 characters and build them the same way, you will have a 47k power squad too.
    Power is mostly influenced by your characters' health. You should know this by now, it's available by observation. The RG above is a great example; he's mostly health and protection and has the highest power I've ever seen. That's not cheating, that's gearing and modding.
    The GW power curve is what provides the challenge. If you use this curve, you have a good idea what's coming up next, and can plan for it. Use the knowledge to plan your assault and conquer the GW.

Gear is not shown when you face against a GW team.
    ? It is shown. Maybe you just don't know what the symbols mean. Here is a node from one of my GW nodes a couple months ago: NggfemH.png
    • Teebo IX
    • Qui-Gon X
    • Fives X
    • Rey IX
    • Royal Guard IX
    The rings surrounding the character portraits tell you all you need to know about gear.
    Not to mention Gear XI (which is 11 in Roman numerals) does not technically exist yet as there are gear/spaces at this level which are not yet available in-game.

Currently the max gear for players is gear level X (10). On this gear set, players have reached gear X and are completing/working on gear XI - but can not reach gear XI full set.
    Gear 11 (XI) does indeed exist in game. Not every character can get there, but some can. This is my Luke Skywalker, he's gear XI (it's an older pic, but it checks out): hMxSnJV.png
    I also have Qui-Gon and Lando at XI. Totally legit.
    For GW teams to have this much power (10k) it is not possible (even with maxed mods) to be at this power rating, unless they are using a gear level that is not yet available to us players.
    I assume you mean 10k per character. I submit it is possible. Look, here's an example: z9mXwP4.jpg
    Royal Guard at over 10k power. I had to fight this guy the other day. Totally possible. You can get one just like it, you just need the same mods. Four 5* health mods and two 5* defense mods. They even show you how to do it. Get these mods, put them on your hero with max gear, you will have a character just like this.

Not cheating, just frustrating when you can't get past them.

I take it back - thanks for this info, very interesting indeed.
  • Options
    I've seen this too - power doesn't make any sense and certainly not available to us as players - these teams must have Gear 11/12.

EA "cheats" to make GW "challenging" and "working as intended"!

Cheating? I don't follow. The gear levels are clearly shown. Qui-Gon, Anakin, FOTP all at gear XI, Vader and RG at gear X. All 7*, level 80. They all have 5* L15 Health mods, with a few Defense mods as well. I showed you an example with RG.
    How is this cheating? If you get those 5 characters and build them the same way, you will have a 47k power squad too.
    Power is mostly influenced by your characters' health. You should know this by now, it's available by observation. The RG above is a great example; he's mostly health and protection and has the highest power I've ever seen. That's not cheating, that's gearing and modding.
    The GW power curve is what provides the challenge. If you use this curve, you have a good idea what's coming up next, and can plan for it. Use the knowledge to plan your assault and conquer the GW.

Gear is not shown when you face against a GW team.
    ? It is shown. Maybe you just don't know what the symbols mean. Here is a node from one of my GW nodes a couple months ago: NggfemH.png
    • Teebo IX
    • Qui-Gon X
    • Fives X
    • Rey IX
    • Royal Guard IX
    The rings surrounding the character portraits tell you all you need to know about gear.
    Not to mention Gear XI (which is 11 in Roman numerals) does not technically exist yet as there are gear/spaces at this level which are not yet available in-game.

Currently the max gear for players is gear level X (10). On this gear set, players have reached gear X and are completing/working on gear XI - but can not reach gear XI full set.
    Gear 11 (XI) does indeed exist in game. Not every character can get there, but some can. This is my Luke Skywalker, he's gear XI (it's an older pic, but it checks out): hMxSnJV.png
    I also have Qui-Gon and Lando at XI. Totally legit.
    For GW teams to have this much power (10k) it is not possible (even with maxed mods) to be at this power rating, unless they are using a gear level that is not yet available to us players.
    I assume you mean 10k per character. I submit it is possible. Look, here's an example: z9mXwP4.jpg
    Royal Guard at over 10k power. I had to fight this guy the other day. Totally possible. You can get one just like it, you just need the same mods. Four 5* health mods and two 5* defense mods. They even show you how to do it. Get these mods, put them on your hero with max gear, you will have a character just like this.

Not cheating, just frustrating when you can't get past them.

I take it back - thanks for this info, very interesting indeed.

Also since the update, now it appears all characters go to G11
  • Options
    I usually start to fade out about the last gold node. By that point my two best teams are toast. I lead off with one and make it up to the 3rd purple node, then switch to my best team. They can make one or two more nodes, and then it's teams that are waaaaaaay more powerful than me. But honestly, at this point I don't care. So long as I get enough gems for two shard purchases per day, I'm happy.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options
    Trenor wrote: »
    I uninstalled today. Been playing since day one, and the aggravation is finally enough to not want to play any longer.

Not that anyone cares, but the last straw (for me) was a Palp team which just aoe-stunned and vaped my entire Jedi squad through a Yoda Lead and a Tenacity buff. Node 9. 7500 power Palp, 5 star.

7500 Palp, 6900 Rey, 7600 SwHan, 7400 RG, 8600 QGJ.

38k team shouldn't be able to do that, period. I spent months slogging through the absurdity that is high end GW patiently retrying matches, spending hours for things which should take minutes, and I'm just done.

Used to be able to chalk it up to a bad RNG round and bring in a second squad, but now initiatives are completely broken so that if I bring in a second team they go even slower than if they go in fresh. So I can bring my best team, get AOE-stunned and nuked to near death, maybe kill one toon, and bring in a second squad which gets killed even faster because they never get to act.

So bravo, EA, grats on the money you got from me from this previously enjoyable game, and I'll never give you another cent on this broken nonsense.

To anyone else still playing, enjoy, and I hope it gets better.

Cheers.

This is how I am starting to feel. I feel the game has turned so money hungry of late too.

Impossible to get the well needed furnaces unless you buy crystals. Drop rates are ridiculous and encourage spending more energy via crystal use.

etc etc - Not to mention anything and everything you do is a huge slap in the face whenever a GW game is played - no matter what, you don't win. EA has tipped the odds so over balance and not in the players favour in the slightest.

This game is broken.

Instead of fixing anything, they keep bringing more and more things out:

Tournament: executed poorly - with buddy hoping cheating going on, and refreshes that appeared random and not what was stated in game - the tournament was a mess.

I believe there are many issues with toons that have not been addressed as well. Everyone is calling for a re-haul on Boba Fett for example - but no, its more important to release new toons like a Shoretrooper???? Has Teebo even been fixed yet???

GW (hence what this thread is about) how long is this mega thread? Is EA still not understanding that they have a seriously upset player base, stick their heads in the sand about it say its "working as intended" and start losing customers of this game? They are mad!

Now they are bringing out this tank raid and oh ya - ships are being introduced! How well are these things gonna go??? according to track record... not well.

The game is going down hill and fast.

I don't want to moan about it and be a negative nancy, but I am only saying this because I do/have enjoyed this game and every day its getting more and more ruined by incompetency and ignorance of EA, CG and Dev team - also they are completely uncommunicative and sweep all our complaints and feed back under the carpet (or throw them all under this mega thread that they obviously do not look at ever).

Its sad - I love(d) this game. But I think the time to for me to quit as well is just around the corner. I have a life to lead and this game is sucking time out of that and for what - not even 1 simple win in GW.

The juice just isn't worth the squeeze anymore for me. - I'll give it to the end of the year. Great time to turn over new leafs, including dumping this game off of my phone.

Please make me wrong EA. Please.
  • evanbio
    1505 posts Member
    Options
    GW nodes are all based on a certain % of your top 5 toons power. The easy node comes when there is not a player on your shard who meets the criteria. Node 12 is something like 125% of your power. So if you had it for a while, and got it back today, someone must have improved their team enough to meet the criteria.
  • Options
    evanbio wrote: »
    GW nodes are all based on a certain % of your top 5 toons power. The easy node comes when there is not a player on your shard who meets the criteria. Node 12 is something like 125% of your power. So if you had it for a while, and got it back today, someone must have improved their team enough to meet the criteria.

Thanks for that assumption and opinion of how GW works, because NONE of this info is made public. EA does NOT disclose their code or how they formulate the AI.

Nice try! Sounds good, looks like you are good at ****!
  • Options

Best explanation I've heard... thank you evan...+42
  • Options
    Yep, fixed, or at least WAI
    Screenshot_2016-10-12-11-39-59_zpsurplnkvj.png

BTW my arena team is 43.0k, this team was over 50k
  • Jedi_Yoda
    928 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Saraleb wrote: »
    Still green for me... just shy of 44k top team... although my arena team is less at 42k

I have the same. I find it funny that people assume we are all newbs or ignorant of technology.

I have given up on trying discuss EA on GW, except that its STILL broken. I know squads with less power than me (because they are in my guild) that get a very HARD 12th node in GW.

I myself have seen Node 6 harder than Node 12 is SUPPOSED to be. While node 12 for me is easy for a group of 1* to complete.

And I have had node 9, 10 and 11 make it so difficult I couldn't complete GW for WEEKS.. then all of a sudden it gets better, than for a couple days it goes back. It is supposed to be PROGRESSIVELY harder.

Mind you my Arena team has NOT changed... so if GW is based on Arena then why don't I get the SAME nodes? If GW is working as intended why does it fluctuate wildly from day to day?

And why if GW is working as intended so people with power above me and below me get very different results?

GW seems random, I am happy that I can complete it usually, when I know MANY that still cannot.

If working as intended means that GW is hard to complete without throwing more than 2 or 3 teams at it then mission accomplished, but to me GW is NOT fixed.

Its broken, STILL needs work, but apparently they adjusted SOMETHING in an attempt to appease the masses, but it's certainly NOT completed nor fixed.
  • Options
    Jedi_Yoda wrote: »

Thanks for that assumption and opinion of how GW works, because NONE of this info is made public. EA does NOT disclose their code or how they formulate the AI.

How much hate for someone who is helping with the right information.
    For your information a developer explained the origin of the bug, so the info was made public.
  • Varlie
    1286 posts Member
    Options
    I've heard the explanation given by @evanbio before and it does seem to fit. Several poeple in my guild mentioned seeing tougher node 12s today. I have a feeling people will see this get tougher again for a brief while until they start hitting the new caps again, unless you are levelling faster than the rest in your shard.
  • Options
    Benr3600 wrote: »

Ok so AGAIN people ASSUME we are technology challenged, I am NOT. I can count, and I can't SEE my power.

My power is slightly above yours, and YET after completing consecutive GW to meet the guild achievement, I STILL see Node 12 as EASY.

Keep defending all you want, but GW is *STILL* not fixed, don't know why you REFUSE to see the truth..

I will make this simple for you.

GW is RANDOM, period, end of subject.

• Options

I just faced this exact team today too! Was looking forward to an easy node 12 but kinda glad to have a challenge again for once
  • Options
    Ing256 wrote: »

How much hate for someone who is helping with the right information.
    For your information a developer explained the origin of the bug, so the info was made public.

Uh so, so tell me go read swgoh.gg, go read ANY site that can data mine SWGOH from EA, and they CLAIM they have no insight into how EA arrives at these numbers, because even data mining does NOT disclose code or how it works.

EA keeps this info to themselves.

So if you CLAIM it is public, PROVE it, give me a link, show me an announcement by EA, show me a site that shows this info, if it's PUBLIC we should find it..

SHOW me the info, I suspect you will not make a reply because we BOTH know you are full of it, there IS no such info, beause many sites that work with EA STILL don't have this so called "public" access.. it DOESN'T exist...

Again thanks for assumptions because its NOT publicly available.
  • Jedi_Yoda
    928 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Varlie wrote: »
    I've heard the explanation given by @evanbio before and it does seem to fit. Several poeple in my guild mentioned seeing tougher node 12s today. I have a feeling people will see this get tougher again for a brief while until they start hitting the new caps again, unless you are levelling faster than the rest in your shard.

Your guild saw tougher.
    GW is a SHARED event.
    If YOUR guild sees tougher opponents and MY power is higher than many and not AS high as some of YOUR guild team..

Then WHY do I STILL have easy 12 node? huh?

GW is *STILL* not fixed.

We are ALL using the SAME code, fixed for ONE is fixed for EVERY ONE, but it's NOT.

[Moderator Note: Edited per our Community Guidelines]
    Post edited by Afista on
  • Ben_kenobi
    447 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options

Your guild saw tougher.
    GW is a SHARED event.
    If YOUR guild sees tougher opponents and MY power is higher than many and not AS high as some of YOUR guild team..

GW is *STILL* not fixed.

We are ALL using the SAME code, fixed for ONE is fixed for EVERY ONE, but it's NOT.

Not gonna lie this guy is pretty funny and totally helpful, cause screaming in your face is how people learn.
    Post edited by Afista on
  • armyhutchings
    273 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options

Your guild saw tougher.
    GW is a SHARED event.

GW is *STILL* not fixed.

Your posts seem disproportionally aggressive compared to the posts you're replying to.
    Post edited by Afista on
  • NDSnyder
    174 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Saraleb wrote: »
    Mind you my Arena team has NOT changed... so if GW is based on Arena then why don't I get the SAME nodes? If GW is working as intended why does it fluctuate wildly from day to day?

Ok. I wrote it in a guide HERE-> once.

GW is most probably based not on your Arena Power, but on the total power of your x toons, where x is greater than 5. The nodes scale in score power according to an algorithm that handles 4 sections, and each section is has 3 node. Each section is harder than the previous one, and each node is harder than the on before, if both are in the same section.

If your arena team hasn't changed, but GW node 12 is suddenly easy, it is because you levelled your 9th strongest toon. Don't forget, GW should emphasise a deep roster.

The easy node happens, because the team that would fulfil the squad power requirements of the scaling algorithm, does not exist in the game yet. Remember, the last time there were reports about suddenly hard or easy 12th nodes in GW was after Devs recalculated the effect of some mods on Character Power. It was a sort of balance for GW.
  • Options
    After having that SkyKrak guy's team as my node 12 since the power adjustment was made (so for about a week), I increased the power of my top 5 characters last night by maxing JKA, and today I am back to having an easy green level node 12. Note that this is NOT my arena team, just my top 5 most powerful as listed on my character roster.
  • Varlie
    1286 posts Member
    Options
    Well, first off, all of this is just conjecture as they've never released how they calculate GW target teams.
    But, the easy node has always been based on shard averages and not fixes power amounts.

Several people in the guild saw an easy node 12 when they hit 37k, others didn't see it until nearly 38k and others as early as 36k. While several members of my guild saw a difficult node 12 today after several weeks of having it easy, I still saw an easy node 12.

So please give me more of your capiche remediation because if you read what I posted earlier, I never said it was fixed. I said that they would get easy nodes again once they powered back up to over whatever their shard "limit" is.
  • Options
    OK nobody on my shard is over 50k power (jan) and there is at least one post here that says they DO have peeps over 50k power (arena i'm guesing, not specified) and last node is
    scaled to that.

Seems a reasonable enough explanation to start with so let's work together to prove or disprove it instead of having a nuclear coniption fit.
  • djvita
    1684 posts Member
    Options
    just wait g11 wigss fives RG and sunfac to appear in your node 12
  • 3Edward9
    486 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    You want people to spend on an inconsistent and unfair game, good luck about that!
  • Options

Yo that is the same team I had to face for node 12... Why I brought up the discussion
  • Options
    So we had all of these game updates but nothing was done to GW? Why am I not surprised?
  • Options
    I'm with Boo.
  • Options

I just faced this exact team today too! Was looking forward to an easy node 12 but kinda glad to have a challenge again for once

Chewie is a challenge for you? :D
  • Options
    44-46k power is top 5 on my jan. shard fyi.
    Still easy green node 12 on my wars