Tank takedown ( Merged thread)

Replies

• Dawnofdeadeye
    233 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    It's mega hard. Not sure how they even figure normal is for 6* mk5 mods. Our guild is still taking days for the Rancor T6...this will take about 4 weeks or more at the current pace. Definitely makes me want to play less as things are so driven towards getting top notch mods AND HAVING THE CREDITS to do something with them.
  • Options
    I'll just add I think it's a screwover not letting other people try. They should have it tiered like the Rancor so people can at least see some results. This is a raid only for whale teams or people that have been playing since launch and have maxed out squads. Total crap on the little guys.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Lmoon74 wrote: »
    They purposely made this raid harder then t6 rancor raid. If you want easy stay with the rancor raid.

I thought I had good toons but barely did 200k total in p1. I think our guild will take days if not more then a week to do normal and we can finish t6 rancor in a day. I personally feel it's going to take weeks if not more then a month to get the certain toons to do better.

Don't hate the raid. It was meant to be like this. It's for the people who've been playing for ages and needed better content. Don't get me wrong. I'm **** that I can barely scratch p1 lol

I don't hate the Raid. I am good with hard or challenging but this normal raid is looking to be monotonous. What I am worried about and think will happen is getting to the point of just auto battle 5 times each day. I have spent credits my self changing mods around trying to find good teams and don't think I will be doing that every time everyday every raid. Even at half the health the normal raid would still be hard and challenging.
  • Options
    How can it be too hard on normal mode? Your characters will refresh. It'll just take some time and patience to be able to beat it. People are just too used to the loot piñata the rancor is
  • Scorn
    411 posts Member
    Options
    My guild had gone through 2 whole refreshes with this raid, and about a quarter of the guild thinks it's too hard and refuses to play it. They definitely need to nerf the raid health. 30 mil for phase one alone is ridiculous. After 3 refreshes, my guild has only managed to do about 30% of p1. I don't know about you, but i don't want to spend an entire month doing a single raid. Just think of all the raid tickets we'd be wasting. And the time wasted. Who wants to play a game where it takes a year of raiding to maybe get your arena team to the next gear level? I don't.
  • Options
    JPBrunel wrote: »
    Pcx99 wrote: »
    RAYRAY wrote: »
    It appears TI's world first heroic was because they have been involved with the development of the raid hence making it trivial to them. The normal players want a difficult raid. This is a good thing. Now, I don't think the t7 should have been possible by TI this soon, but that's is only because of insider information. In other words, I think it's ok for content to be difficult for actual normal players and paying customers.

I can tell you that neither I, nor anybody else on the team that took down the raid that I know of was in any way shape or form involved in the mechanics of the raid. TI employed a straight up Zerg strategy to gain a world first. The members with the deepest rosters were moved into the guild for the raid, based on public knowledge from Dev postings teams and squads were recommended for each phase, each member was verified to be available and committed to be available. Then each member did 2% damage each phase. Some phases required more than one attempt and we went deep into the roster. But there was no strategy other than Zerg the 2%.

Now that the "achievement" is done we can hone strategy for the best personal scores, but my guess is that until the sub guilds are mostly 85 with great gear, this is not going to be an easy thing to do. From what I saw there is no single team that can waltz through each phase so you're going to need deep rosters to do the raid in addition to good strategy.

Isn't @BentWookiee part of your guild? I might be wrong, I'm not sure about this but he's part of the dev team, no?

Wookie is a forum mod. Not sure why everyone thinks a forum moderator is a game developer. Pretty sure anyone can apply to be a forum mod for as long as there is a positon open
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    shampoo wrote: »
    How can it be too hard on normal mode? Your characters will refresh. It'll just take some time and patience to be able to beat it. People are just too used to the loot piñata the rancor is

IMO it is not hard but has already in the second day become a monotonous, long boring grind.
  • Options
    scuba wrote: »

IMO it is not hard but has already in the second day become a monotonous, long boring grind.

Lol yup, pretty much like every single game that comes out now a days. I'm glad it's not just a one team and win fight like rancor though

• RWTD_Burn
    141 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Does anyone know if any guild other than TI have completed this raid? T6 or T7?

If you look at the leader board for the tank raid, only 8 guilds have beaten either version of the raid. 4 have beaten Heroic twice (2 are Team Insinct), 3 have beaten standard once, and 1 guild has either beaten standard twice or heroic once.

That is an extremely low percentage of guilds. Think about that for a second. The easiest version of the new raid has only been beaten by a handful of guilds and many top 100guilds won't even be able to beat it without taking an extremely long time. If there were T1-T7 on this like the Rancor raid and T6 and T7 were this difficult then that would be acceptable as guilds can work their way up the levels as they get stronger. This? 99+% of guilds aren't even going to bother spending their tank coins as it's a complete waist of their time. From a design perspective that is a massive fail.
    RWTD_Burn - Bears with Sabers
    https://swgoh.gg/u/rwtdBurn/
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options

Lol yup, pretty much like every single game that comes out now a days. I'm glad it's not just a one team and win fight like rancor though

Absolutely but it might have been to a very far extreme. Maybe in a couple weeks when we run the second one it will be interesting.
  • Options
    Overall you guys of been majorly on the upswing lately I give credit where credit is due.

This raid however is **** garbage. Maybe stop using the top guild as a measuring stick to determine what is difficult or not.

I personally Won't waste anymore of my time on this raid.
  • ARCTrooperFives
    737 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    I thought phase 2 was a myth...
    But honestly, I'm fine with a very hard difficulty, we shouldn't be able to beat T6 or 7 in a few days.
    The problem is that there is no T5 or lower, so the vast majority of the guilds won't be able to get anything done. Most guilds don't have 50 active level 80+ with great mods and gear, and this just alienates any guild that is not godly
  • Options

That is a shockingly ignorant statement to make. If raid tickets max every 5 days, and a decent guild can only finish one normal raid every month, then about 670,000 tickets get wasted every month. On top of that, getting no more than 12 raid chests in a YEAR to max all your character's armor means that the level cap will go 2 90 by the time you max one character, maybe two... then what?

That's what too hard means... you must not be a gamer... any gamer with half a brain knows the normal raid is overtuned... dramatically. Since it or heroic are the only non-crystal/challenge source for yellow gear, it's a major problem.

I have faith this will get fixed soon... otherwise, this is a game killer. I can't even imagine Blizzard putting out content this hilariously unbalanced... Emerald Nightmare where guilds with an 870 average can barely kill the first boss on normal... but hey Blood Legion did it on Mythic, so it must be OK, right?
  • Options
    I thought phase 2 was a myth...
    But honestly, I'm fine with a very hard difficulty, we should be able to beat T6 or 7 in a few days.
    The problem is that there is no T5 or lower, so the vast majority of the guilds won't be able to get anything done. Most guilds don't have 50 active level 80+ with great mods and gear, and this just alienates any guild that is not godly

Well said. Thank you.
  • Options
    Ing256 wrote: »

<?php

if ($guild_members < "50") {
        echo "NO RAID FOR YOU";
    } else if ($guild->name != "TEAM_INSTICT") {
        echo "ARE YOU A JOKE? NO RAID FOR YOU";
    }
    ?>

Get it?

Fixed your code

Good old elseif.. lol
  • Options
    danrussoa wrote: »

<?php

echo "NO RAID FOR YOU";
    }
    ?>

Get it?

Is that Morse code?

Simple PHP code

Ahhh. I only use GUX code anymore. Didnt recognize it.

I was tempted to dig out perl but.. lol I work alot with dynamic templates and it was the first I thought of, smarty php etc..
  • Options
    mccif16 wrote: »
    at 85 it will be easier

But after getting world first att today
    It is hard period

Yeah people forget most of us are 82.. by 85 everyone will be eating this thing and laughing.
    (BTW.. Ugnaught is a GOD, I never thought I would say it andI mean that) :o

This! Rise of the Little People
    I am the Reaper
  • Obsid
    108 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    I think its just too much HP on the T6. Cut the HP on the T6 in half and it will be fine. Keep T7 hard.
  • Options
    To weigh in on this, our guild is a top 200 guild therefore meaning a top 100 because everyone was tied from high 80s plus. We have a few whales other mid whales etc. We could put the heroic rancor down in1 to 2 hours if we wanted to.
    I don't mind a raid with some difficulty. This normal raid is a litte much especially since we have to figure out thw mechanics while being eaten alive with dots.
    The first day I did 200 k. I hit 600 k today and I have a pretty deep squad. But we as a guild are at 50 percent on part 1.
    The raid needs some toning down of the health or the amount GG keeps hitting with dots or sending out adds etc. My main lu put down adds easy but then they keep back real quick.
    I read the mechanics of the raid so I have a good grasp of it somewhat on day 2. Still 30 million for part 1 on a brand new raid is way overboard. We've been talking about running the heroic and fail versus filling up on coins because the normal will take a few weeks to complete.
  • Options

<?php

echo "NO RAID FOR YOU";
    }
    ?>

Get it?

Is that Morse code?

Simple PHP code

Ahhh. I only use GUX code anymore. Didnt recognize it.

I was tempted to dig out perl but.. lol I work alot with dynamic templates and it was the first I thought of, smarty php etc..

Last time I did any code was on an Apple IIC in high school.....

10 new raid is too boring and slow
    20 goto 10
    Run

• Options
    This raid was expected around July/August. Most didn't complain over the wait. Those that did complain, heard from people on here that they would rather wait than get a half baked update like we have had before... ie gear pre-craftIng, mod fiasco etc

But EA can you please acknowledge that this raid is broken. I belong to a strong guide, which after 48 hours of opening a T6 takedown raid are still in p1.

The raid look great, but is disheartening and getting boring quick. You have a hardcore fan base but stop kicking us.

• Options
    It's very hard and I'm fine with it. Well done, EA.

My only complaint is that the animation of the tank is so darn slow. Wish it could be sped up a little. But honestly, it's great otherwise. Extremely difficult and I appreciate the challenge
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    I'm glad it's hard. We are all going to be 85 soon. This raid needs to remain relevant at that point. That said, why such a difference in t6. Vs t7 HP totals? 4m in t7 vs 30m in t6 for p1, is that accurate?
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • Options
    The intended gear level needs to be changed or the difficulty needs to be dropped. Normal is not meant for 6*, level 80, Gear VIII, and MkV mods
  • Maraxus
    821 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    I am sure it won't happen but I would like to see one of the guilds that completed a heroic tank try the normal, just to get a gauge of time frame.

Unfortunately for obvious reasons I don't think someone that can beat heroic would do normal.

That Being said, I agree there should either be a nerf of normal, or another easier mode

So my guess is instead of sending all the negative vibes , the community should agree to make a post to dev asking for an easy mode of the raid. I'm sure when dev see the completion rate of normal, they will not hesitate to either make it easier or deliver and easier mode.
  • Options
    I, for one, am glad you spent August-October methodically coding, QCing and balancing this raid to provide peak custom service we've come to expect from everyone's favourite games publisher.
  • Options
    We are a average guild and we can beat t6 rancor in a day. I've been playing since spring and I could only do 200k total with the 14 toons I could use. Our first day total on new raid is 3mil. It's going to take 10 days before finishing p1 lol... Even now I'm looking at weeks of farming to get specific toons to do better.
    I wonder how many other guilds are like us and laugh on how ridiculously and silly this raid is.
    I agree that a new and higher difficulty raid was needed but really???
    I'm sure you just discouraged any new players.
    If I knew when I started that I would have to invest my time and (hundreds of dollars) and play every day for "SIX" months to barely make a dent in a raid I would have not even bothered downloading the app.
  • Options
    Im just annoyed that without more difficulty levels we are going to be wasting raid tickets. What's the point in trying to have everyone in the guild achieve 600 a day if its not needed. I can see why they lumped the 2 raids together like this because if the Droid raid had its own way to earn currency there would be no reason to try to exceed at achieving it. This raid is depressing the way its set up. At least one more level would have been nice.
    Check us out online at www.swbarflys.com
  • Options
    If the feeling we need a tier5 new raid is overwhelming, why doesn't someone create a poll... If enough people participate, it should call dev's attention?