Tank takedown ( Merged thread)

Replies

• Jetlife
    1367 posts Member
    Options
    Sounds like you wouldn't be able to complete heroic anyways. Atleast your getting loot when you do finish it
  • Naw
    969 posts Member
    Options
    Nastynas91 wrote: »
    Naw wrote: »

When you do heroic you need to coordinate.

And we lack the tools to coordinate.

It's not hard to set up a reddit page with a clear set of rules.

Ern, what? I need a page in Reddit to play this game?
    Again, it's a mobile game. We shouldn't have to struggle and spend so much time to accomplish this

T7 Rancor we launch as FFA at specific time every time we hit 60k coins. Still people miss it (around 30 get to hit as Rancor dies in less than hour).

Micromanaging a raid in a mobile game should not be a job. I am required to raid in order to advance my toons. I am not given any tools in-game to do this and I certainly can't be expected to set up a forum and a comms system to communicate with strangers; it is possible we have members who are not natives to my country, ie. they ignored the guild message, but there is no way to say.

You also wrote that this is a mobile game, yet fail to grasp the meaning of it.
  • Maegor
    1217 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    The problem I have is with the balance between normal and heroic. I have no problem with Heroic being geared for the top 0.5% of guilds. I used to play WoW and any game worth its salt has a raid difficulty where it takes real effort to clear the hardest content. That said, Normal seems overtuned. Way too much HP. Any guild that can run through T7 rancor in 30 minutes should be able to complete the easiest difficulty level in 3 days max. That isn't the case right now.

Hard and challenging =\= tedious.

Typically, for an MMO, a harder difficulty level gets more HP on the bosses and added mechanics (or tighter mechanics).
  • Atlas1
    1713 posts Member
    Options
    I heard he does well in phase 1 but wasn't sure if it was trolling or not.
  • Options
    Those teams are guild hopping which in the past has been stated was not part of the games intent. I'm in line chats with these guys and see it happening. It's too hard for everyone right now.
  • Options
    Nastynas91 wrote: »

When you do heroic you need to coordinate.

And we lack the tools to coordinate.

It's not hard to set up a reddit page with a clear set of rules.

Ern, what? I need a page in Reddit to play this game?
    Again, it's a mobile game. We shouldn't have to struggle and spend so much time to accomplish this

T7 Rancor we launch as FFA at specific time every time we hit 60k coins. Still people miss it (around 30 get to hit as Rancor dies in less than hour).

Micromanaging a raid in a mobile game should not be a job. I am required to raid in order to advance my toons. I am not given any tools in-game to do this and I certainly can't be expected to set up a forum and a comms system to communicate with strangers; it is possible we have members who are not natives to my country, ie. they ignored the guild message, but there is no way to say.

You also wrote that this is a mobile game, yet fail to grasp the meaning of it.

I don't know what your problem is. I realize the in-game chat sucks. Again, it's not hard to set up a reddit page. You can easily work around the guild chat, not that I ever said the Rancor raid is not a problem. It is a problem.

But the new raid requires way more coordination and micromanagement. At least with the rancor raid we can set rules and then people can abide by them or leave. Now we have to tell everyone what to do and try to get everyone to participate
  • JbizzyG
    304 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    My 3 big problems with the raid are that each phase has way to much health for crappy guilds (like mine because of half people), Grievous is applying way to many debuffs and he seems to be using baleful laughter way to often.

Where is our "my guild is pathetic but want to experience content" difficulty?

Further, why doesn't GG have a counter for how many times he's been hit before his Tactical Maneuvering goes off? Seriously...
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    Options
    Guess you all thought you could just defeat the AAT at will and they were handing out General Kenobi like candy on Halloween.
  • Options
    Doggirl211 wrote: »
    People asked for a harder raid, they got what they wanted.
    When the advanced Guilds got want they wanted, all the non-advanced guilds complained about not being able to do the raid meant for Advanced Guilds. Just stick to the rancor and stop complaining.

Normal Tank raid is advertised as being tuned for lvl 80, G10, 5• mods, surely you can agree that it doesn't live up to that billing? That has nothing to do with advanced guilds. That's the description the devs put out for the raid.

**Edit-typo

Well, it does live up to that, they just forgot to add lvl 80 g10 5* mods, and at least 40 characters and 50 members in that situation.
    Lol
    Maybe they'll add that later to the post.
  • Options
    Grievous has insane amount of HP.
    Day 2 and we aren't even past half of phase 1.
    This from a guild that normally eliminates heroic rancor swiftly.

Is it just me or this raid is ridiculous? I mean I love the idea, the graphics, the enemies, but the balancing is insane.
  • Options
    How dare you Sir?
    They have been balancing this since, at least, August.
  • Options
    Same here with my guild.....we run Rancor for less then 2 hours and we're at 60% of GG for two refreshes now....I get that it was meant to be harder but does GG really need 2 Magna guards and a B2? A total of 4 AOE characters? It seems a bit of an overkill...
  • vector6000
    236 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    What I hear, oddly, is that heroic tank raid is supposed to be much easier? (We are on normal).

TBH dont have much problem with the enemies, I find them even easier than the Rancor Guards, but its the amount of HP that Grievous has that is insane. I even hit him harder than I do the Rancor guard captain.

Also he does ressurect the droids insanely quickly.
  • Hikari
    212 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Working as intended. I am actually glad it hard.
  • Options
    Bostonmess wrote: »
    Nah, it's fun Tiggus
    Hard and challenging as it should be.
    But they should lower HP on each phase by half so it doesn't become such tedious

It has garbage mechanics and the best strategy is to just kill B2 then focus fire GG until you die.
    Oh come on guys. It NEEDS to be difficult. I'm sure this is tuned for level 85 characters. Otherwise this would turn into the rancor raid in a few weeks where it just becomes how how to keep the raid open and get everyone in. This has to last players through level 85. Our level 80/81 toons aren't there yet. Just relax and grind away for now. At least there is something new to shoot at everyday now.

This is exactly how the rancor raid progressed too. There was a point where that was impossible too until everyone caught up. You're not supposed to dominate new content the day it comes out.

And yeah, heroic sucks too. Our guild which can do a rancor raid in about an hour just tickled p2 of this new raid with the entire guild going. So it's not much easier just less HP because of no toon refresh.

If it was tuned for level 85 characters why is it not a requirement to participate?
  • Options
    Used him in P1 t6 and he was critting for 9k. Not maxed g9. Think he really get a stage in p3 from what I hear.
  • Options
    Wait til you get to p2....
  • Options
    Wait til you get to p2....

How much hp does p2 have?
  • Options
    Yeah I kind of imagine that p2/3/4 are even more terrifying than p1.
    lol
  • Options
    Day 2 we were on phase 1 still with about 1/8 remaining. Today we're trying out phase 2. Mutt dps squads do good. Had just under 1 million on one round by using 88 lead with dps toons. Don't let main cannon shoot.
    I am the Reaper
  • Options
    vector6000 wrote: »
    Yeah I kind of imagine that p2/3/4 are even more terrifying than p1.
    lol

Not so much on phase 2, I find it less frustrating than phase 1. Bring dps behind a leader who helps critical hits.
    I am the Reaper
  • Options
    How are people are feeling about it so far?
  • SmokeyJoe320
    931 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Heroic isn't any easier, just less HP. Our guild is in the same boat as yours... except we dove right into a heroic. The entire guild went and we just teased p2. We can take out the rancor raid in about an hour. Dropped to the easy level but just chipping away. I set the over/under at 12 days for this raid lol
  • Options
    I guess
  • Options
    Sure... it's something else to shoot at. I can see it getting boring/tedious quickly though.
  • Options
    This one will take time, but it is good. The chars coming stronger so there is challenge for the future. Might take us week or two, dont really bother, cant use any items yet but perhaps soon.. just have fun, dont worry about someone else doing it faster. We will beat it someday.
  • Options
    Got a feeling this is geared towards lvl 85 with maxed gold gear. My guild is on "normal" and it's very slow going.
  • Options
    I was bored of it before I even registered an attack. Way to many retreats and re attempts needed. Then one you try and send in a second team you need to watch the tank shoot for 30 seconds before any of your toons get to go. If you are lucky all 5 survive if not retreat and retry. I know this game is supposed to be a grind but this isn't productive grinding.