Recent change to Galactic War - open conversation

Replies

• Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Whatever they have done to it, the result is a frustrating, tedious, pain in the ****.
    So much fun doing the same fight 50 times in different combinations to try to find one where you can actually kill the other team without all of your starters beginning the next fight nearly dead.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Options
    I don't use any paid characters in my lineup. I'm level 63, and I have never failed to finish a GW since the update. Neither have I needed to reset a team more that one to two times. I'm fairly certain it can't be my shard, because from what I hear GW is cross server. You guys are upset and all, but it's beatable, and not with significant difficulty. I get it, you've paid and you feel entitled. But you aren't. The same points have been hauled up for nineteen pages. Can you give it a rest?

For Reference, the team I use as my A team in GW
    Sid 6* Lead
    Lumi 7*
    Daka 6*
    Luke 5*
    Biggs 6*
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    You guys are upset and all, but it's beatable, and not with significant difficulty.
    You just haven't encountered a really tough team yet.
    For Reference, the team I use as my A team in GW
    Sid 6* Lead
    Lumi 7*
    Daka 6*
    Luke 5*
    Biggs 6*

This team would completely die while *maybe* taking out a single member of the team I am right now trying to get past. This is not an exaggeration.
    What would you use for the other 4, and then the 3 fights after?
    Suiciding? Don't bother, with all the extra attacks and speed boosts, your suiciders will die without taking a shot. The other guys likely won't even use their specials.
  • Options
    Statistically speaking, Qeltar, what are the odds that I have, at no point faced an "impossible" team. I have seen the legions of horror of which you speak. Solid seven star purples outlevelling me? Done. Look sunshine, I get that you're frustrated. But try not to do the irrational thing and belittle when you know zip. Suiciding as a strategy? Not really. Only kinda sorta at the last three rounds, and then not so much as footsoldiers to die as a takedown squad meant to remove one out of the five. Assume that the teams past battle six outpower mine. Six days since the update, which by math makes 36 "better" teams beaten. So maybe tell us what team you need help with, and start learning new tricks? Or are you gonna tell me that of the (less than, probably) 36 higher power teams you faced, you received every single tough team I was destined to receive?
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Statistically speaking, Qeltar, what are the odds that I have, at no point faced an "impossible" team.
    Very high, assuming you were being accurate in your previous post. I was giving you the benefit of the doubt that you were not exaggerating.
    I have seen the legions of horror of which you speak. Solid seven star purples outlevelling me? Done.
    Depends on who they are. When you face the right team, you will understand. The one I just fought would have made mincemeat out of your lineup. I'm not trying to be condescending, just honest. I have most of those same characters, max geared and in some cases higher-starred and higher-level than yours.
    Look sunshine, I get that you're frustrated. But try not to do the irrational thing and belittle when you know zip.
    I was not being belittling. I was stating facts (in some cases) and opinions (in others).
    Calling someone "sunshine" -- THAT is belittling. Saying that others "feel entitled" and telling them to "give it a rest" like you did in your last post -- also belittling. Claiming that because you haven't had the fun of meeting a truly OP team that nobody else must have -- also belittling.
    So maybe tell us what team you need help with, and start learning new tricks? Or are you gonna tell me that of the (less than, probably) 36 higher power teams you faced, you received every single tough team I was destined to receive?

I've completed 53 of the 54 GWs I've attempted, before and after the update. The 1 I lost, I hit the auto-play button by mistake. I don't need your help, but thanks for the offer.
    I don't get these insane teams every round. Usually average around 2 for every 3 rounds. I beat them. I just don't find it fun or enjoyable to do. "Keep reloading save game and trying different pegs until you find the one that fits the right-shaped hole" is not fun, and it's a far cry from what GW used to be.
    ETA: Roughly what rank are you in PvP?
  • Options
    As a daily player for the last 3 months, I have spent some real world dollars on this game. But along the way the great war has been changed for the worse. I read all the posts above and I have to say that I whole heartedly agree! It seems like they Dev's have gotten really greedy with needing to spend more money just to play. At the earlier levels it was really fun even though I never came close to finishing the GW it was fun to grind through it to get to battle# 8-9, get my 400 crystals to buy some shards. I was OK with doing that daily and never finishing the great war. Now I can't get by the 6-7 battle most times. I have a deep bench and all the crap they tell you and yet it means nothing. Customer service is a thing of the past now and it really makes me sad. My $100+ investment was my choice I get it. I do not aspire to be #1 in the arena or do I need to beat the GW daily. I just want it to be fair and no excuse that they tell me is going to change the fact that it is just that, NOT FAIR! spend more money build your bench, OK, spend more money and maybe you can get close to finishing it. I like the reset changes and all that but when my team (all lvl 63, all gear lvl 7 or higher - 6*JC, 6*Lumi, 6*Daka, 5*Sid, 4*Vader) gets to the 6th battle (like today) I come up against what seems to me an unbeatable team. I sub in my Maxed Poe, nothing, sub in maxed out Savage O, no change in the outcome. I have 3 solid teams and to beat these early battles now I have to use 1 1/2 teams to progress to the 7th battle. OK its tough but now I do not get the 400 crystals everyday like I was getting before. Which is really all I care about. I feel for the frustrated people out there, feeling the same way. And no reply at all from the Dev's tells a lot if you really think about it. They are really good at taking your money and then "moving the goal posts" so to speak. Much like the greedy **** over at Bungie with their epic rip off Destiny!
  • Diktaorr_Ryan
    10 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Make like the rest of us and improvise, adapt, and overcome,.

--edit. unnecessary comments. Stay on-topic without using belittling statements.
    Post edited by FashionFett on
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I'm patronizing you, not belittling you. Shades of meaning and all that jazz.
    Thanks for the helpful clarification.
    You've been going on and on and on for the past six days.

Prior to my earlier message here, I had not posted in this thread about GW for 4 days.
    You appear to be more interested in flamebaiting than rational discussion, so I don't think we have anything else to discuss here.
    At any rate, I will post whatever I want wherever I want as often as I want until and unless someone from EA or CG tells me otherwise.
    I noticed in another thread you mention fighting Barriss in PvP. I can't remember the last time I saw Barriss in PvP, it has to be the better part of a month. I'm guessing your rank and/or the newness of your shard have more to do with the ease with which you complete GW than your awesomeness.
    Something to consider before you start insulting people with "it's easy for me, so it must be easy for you" nonsense.
    Have a wonderful day.
  • Rolf
    1032 posts Member
    Options
    The same points have been hauled up for nineteen pages. Can you give it a rest?
    ^This part I agree with.
    Both sides have amply said their piece on this issue, and it's been a long time since the Devs provided any further info. I'm hoping that Jesse's Q&A answer thread will include what has probably become the most contested topic (well, maybe after Poe) on the board.
    Till then, let's all just take it easy. Nothing gained by getting into firefights over it.
    My ally code: 296-673-769. Wish we could have more than 35.
  • Options
    I ranted in a number of threads first day...a lot was just meaningless whining to be honest. I have continued to beat the mode....though some days were VERY close.... I'm mostly f2p and running into teams of 7* fotp, Leia, Old Ben and Lando isn't fun. That being said, even though I continue to beat it....it has become either tedious with multiple restarts needed, or boring(oddly). There have been days where I cakewalked through, though very rare(2 days tops). Most of the time I am forced to use most of my toons as suicide squads to save my top 8, then its "let's play the rng game.". And frankly that's not fun. I found the previous iteration to be far more engaging. And let's be honest....the rewards from GE are essential to progressing in this game. Without the tier 3 mats and credits I shudder to think where I'd be now, let alone the full 1200 gems. Wouldn't be so bad for many if we were given time to level to 70 first, or delay the level cap with a proper announcement of the change so players could prepare(biggest gripe about the game I have to be honest).
  • Options
    I didn't discover the "retreat" feature in GW until literally the last day before the change. I just never checked it out. Even though I understand that it had to have been easier to use the retreat in that way, I like that you made the change.

I've now concentrated on building a deeper roster and throw weaker ones in so the opponent uses their strong moves on them before I come in with my stronger guys. Maybe it's because I served as a leader in the military, but I figured out that strategy day one.

The biggest issues I see sometimes is the rewards not being received correctly. I'll earn 2x purple gears and will only get 1x or none at all.

Also, the opponent's Daka reviving a character 5x in a row to 20% health when that's supposed to be very rare. That is frustrating.

Or my Dooku rarely hits 2x, when he's supposed to strike twice 50% of the time. I feel like I was hitting more before I increased it to 50%.

My Laia also hits only 1x most of the time in Challenges, Arena and GW. The ratio seems right during regular battles. It's very noticeable.

I'd still like to know if you're going to update what the character's abilities really do vs what they display. For example, my Sid at leadership level 1 says he has 12% up crit chance and 20% up crit hit. I asked my brother and he says his level 2 is nowhere near that high.

What is the percentage I'm supposed to receive purple gear in cantina? I've now used over 600cantina energy and haven't gotten one. I get they're rare, but really?
  • Options
    My daily "**** Galactic war" Post.

Out on battle 8 this time. 3 7 stars and 2 6 stars.

I hate this mode...so much.
  • Fher
    188 posts Member
    Options
    Another complainer here. I want to share my own experience so it can hopefully shed some light at the level of frustration and I will provide a possible solution to make reasonable and fun for all.

I'm level 63, 64 by tomorrow, I have at least 15 characters at level 63 at least half are 7* the rest 6*, I can make at least 3 solid A teams, I have 67 characters unlocked, most at the bottom range from level 36 to 55. I am consistently number 1 or 2 on my leaderboard for the past 2 weeks, meaning there's no one above my level, the next highest level is 62, and as you may have guessed yes there are teams of 64+ I have to battle from node 5-6 onward. I rarely ever make it to round 8, usually run out of characters by round 7, and I even try to use 4-member suicide teams to last a little longer. The retreat option is crap and a waste of time.

My proposed solution is that each round be based on the average level of your bottom 5 characters that are still alive say +-2 levels and they only be from your same server.

Thoughts? Insights?

~Fher "Dun Q'Gori Zan"

• ccfoo
    154 posts Member
    Options
    There are actually three camps here, literally one camp who finds it too challenging and rants about imbalance, another who can complete but finds it repetitive and boring cause we need to replay battles till we get the right RnG, last camp who finds it a cake walk.

The funny thing is that most of those who find it a cake walk seems to have under levelled toons for their levels. Of course, those big whales don't have problems too. But some who spend quite a substantial amount of money on this game hit brick walls too. Therefore, there are two spectrums out there.

My question then is how are we matched against our opponents? Because it seems that for the same level, different players have different difficulties in GW due to the range of teams we face. My Guess now is either by the power of the TOP 5 toons or by your arena squad power, you can have weak toons and yet have easy time in GW cause the range of opponents you face are weak too. Or u can face death squads because your power level is too high. There is a threshold, cause you can only level your toons to 7*, if you have 3 or more 7*, the teams you face will be roughly the same too. And there is where the problem starts cause damage output is very high in this game, your toons can get one shot. Or a healing debuff prevents your toons from surviving. No matter how good you are, you will still lose precious team members.

If you are f2p and having an easy time, I give you the benefit of doubt that you are a good player. But please do understand that not all of us face the same difficulties in GW, some face much more difficult teams than you do. It is currently designed to be hard to complete with just one team. If you can do so, be thankful.

• Options
    Hm, has anything been changed? Last 2d were very hard, even on early stages...
  • Jed
    8 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    yeah, there is definitely a ninja buff since the last patch, I am not joking at all. Once I got past the 6th match all of my opponents were sitting well above MY BEST group. I cannot even hope to succeed against the nodes as at this time my opponent team is 4 X 7 Star heroes 1 X 6 star hero (and I have 3 7 star and the rest are 4 or lower). half of them are the same level and the other half are above my level.

This isn't a challenge when my team is getting one or two hit and then killed, it's a slaughter.

I am so discouraged and annoyed about this change I don't know if I want to play anymore...
  • Options
    So I'm now 42 on my new account that is f2p. Placed in top 5 again today and my top 5 need to be higher level to get more gear.

My number 9 battle had their highest level character be level 39, most of them level 38or lower... I didn't retreat once during the whole GW nobody ever looked close to dying...so I'm still pretty sure arena rank is not what makes it hard...

From the people that complain most it's those who have spent a fair bit and unlocked many characters and levelled up quite a few, I'm still leaning towards it being based off your whole roster or something. My main has never had any issues in GW despite focusing purely on havinv my main party all maxed out for their levels and ignoring almost all other characters. So I also really don't think it is about just top 5 power.
  • Options
    Dont know how you plebs aint winning GW now. im a pure FTP player ranked 50 in arena. Sad to see so many crying on a improvement to make it easier...
  • Options
    Reason why I quit this game:

ngYicYzdgsM.jpg

And I'm lvl 46. There is no way I can win this battle. No strategy or tactic that would save me, not retreats no anything. It's a brick wall. And that's it, I quit. No more money from me in this game EA.

Good Job with that GW stealth patch.
  • Zetto
    178 posts Member
    Options
    GW should have information about the power rating of the enemy team you are facing. Arena shows it, why not GW? It helps to learn what you can do against a higher-powered team in the Arena if you can take it down in GW.

As for new retreat - it sucks, reduces options and strategies you can employ in this game.
  • Options
    Something could definitely be done about the opponent pool. Maybe its because i increased the stars and gears of a few characters but lately i am very much out of my league by node 5-6.
  • OmarFPG
    458 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Zetto wrote: »
    GW should have information about the power rating of the enemy team you are facing. Arena shows it, why not GW? It helps to learn what you can do against a higher-powered team in the Arena if you can take it down in GW.

GW is already better at this than Arena. In arena you only see the leader's info and total PR. In GW you see all 5 members as well as their level, star level and gear level. Seriously, you can't get better than this.
    548-145-651 | Playing since Dec 28th (:
  • Options
    Sometimes in GW lately. (change same spot for same GW node)

12642975_1329275187223675_3422687611195942929_n.png?oh=89a8bd8859112b1cb7afa8c7ee5c6795&oe=573F532B
    548-145-651 | Playing since Dec 28th (:
  • Options
    Few days ago I can not complete a galaxy world...
    Now I have found good strategy to complete it.
    My problem now is the battle arena, I lose 3 battle on 5 always every day... :/ i am level 63 with palpatine 6 stars, cons jedi 6 stars, luminara 6 stars...
  • Options
    @Kaizer i feel your pain today
    i face straight 4 run against team up to 5 level above me and those 7* and purple geared horror is unimaginable. while my highest starred toon only 6* luminara :/
    TNR Rey of Hope, Heroic Raid 36/50
  • Options
    Kaizer wrote: »
    Reason why I quit this game:

ngYicYzdgsM.jpg

And I'm lvl 46. There is no way I can win this battle. No strategy or tactic that would save me, not retreats no anything. It's a brick wall. And that's it, I quit. No more money from me in this game EA.

Good Job with that GW stealth patch.

Precisely. I get this a lot and I'm at 65 with a deep bench of purple 60 plus toons. I could probably bust thru that with enough stupid repeats, but that's not strategy. It's grind. And no fun. Especially after grinding literally everything else.

On the bright side making GW craptacular has cured me of my magenta crystal buying habit. Not spent a cent since they destroyed the fun. Angry that I spent money at all now because now I basically have zero confidence that EA will make this game fun again.

Their silence on the matter is telling.
  • PathOfGreatness
    12 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I do agree that the change was incredibly abrupt and shook up many long term plans for most players. But overall it seems that a lot of the fussing is because everyone wants to guaranteed a PATH(haha) to victory. I personally like the idea that most people will not complete GW everyday(I will admit at first I was heated and looking like that Lisa Simpson meme above) as it make grinding and continuing to improve worthwhile. Yeah P2p and p2w people won't have the same pain at first, isn't that the way all f2p games work?
  • Po6oT
    4 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Second day in a row I meet this squad in GW and I have no idea how to beat it. My 66lvl A team has max geared 7* toons and it gets wiped out without any chance.
    Is it supposed to be unbeatable??

jz7vU1O.png
  • Options
    Clearly based on numerous people stating the SAME THING, you guys have done something to mess with the matchmaking and are making it so people now can't beat this mode or they can but it'll take a billion times trying to find the secret sauce.

I was cruising along since the update where only until the 9th fight would there be a team at par as me or better and then in the remaining 3 battles there would be pretty good teams but I could deal with them using my roster and my top guys. On Monday I noticed that the on par teams were starting to creep in a bit earlier and then yesterday, I had teams on par around 5 or 6 and then teams better than mine show up at 8 and 9 and then 10 and 11 on par and 12 was slightly better but I was still able to complete it by some sheer luck which makes me think I am going to be soon joining those who face teams that they simply can't beat and keep in mind, I am building my entire roster specifically for GW so it's not like I am just having 5 good characters and then useless scrubs and expect to complete it with only my top 5.

We'll see how the next few days go and if it is like yesterday or back to how it was for the first week or so after the change.

Sorry but a mode shouldn't be set up where people simply have no way of completing it as many who were completing it before now can't. It sure seems as someone said, there was a stealth update that altered the matchmaking and that this is just going to be a new way to further the gap between the p2w whales and everyone else.

If you just want everyone to be dropping big cash on your app then charge a monthly subscription fee for it so all those who may actually think there would be some semblance of balance in the app can either pony up or just quit.

Freemium shouldn't mean p2w dominates and everyone else is left out if they don't start paying big bucks. I don't think the app is there but it sure seems like it is starting to go down that path.

This discussion has been closed.