Recent change to Galactic War - open conversation

Replies

• Zetto
    178 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    OmarFPG wrote: »
    GW is already better at this than Arena. In arena you only see the leader's info and total PR. In GW you see all 5 members as well as their level, star level and gear level. Seriously, you can't get better than this.
    But if you could get team power rating in GW in addition to the full enemy team lineup, you'll have a basis for guessing who you are facing in arena too ;)

• shimmy
    200 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    As expected, no way I am going to complete this GW since I just got to the 10th fight and have all level 66 opponents (I'm 65 but only have one at 65, another at 64 and then rounding out my A team are 63 leveled) on a hardcore p2w team who are:

7 star phasma lead
    7 star sid
    7 star lumi
    6 star rey
    6 star leia

brilliant job guys with this new matchmaking that seemingly only showed up recently. I guess you guys saw all the comments about how the GW was fairly easy since you changed the retreat so the simplistic way to counter that is to throw in teams people can't have a chance of beating. Brilliant!

So now there will be the wall in GW preventing it from being finished going forward and then there is of course the wall in arena when getting high enough that you start to run into the p2w players. Basically, just walls everywhere making an already shallow game even shallower.

Here, let me get out my credit card and buy a few grand worth of crystals just so I can try and work around yet another boneheaded design/program decision you put in to screw around with all the non whales.
  • GrudgeMonster
    5 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I also am now facing the same issues with this new and horrible implementation of Galactic War.
    For the people saying there is no issue, please leave the conversation, you are not helping EA make a smart decision here.
    I don't have the line up to just "throw" heroes at these full teams of 7 star purple teams a level above my highest hero.
    On top of that the heroes on the enemy team are perfect, if this is pulling from a pool of player's team then they are the top 10 in their bracket easy.

All this is doing is making the players who DON'T need the help get further ahead!!!
    Meanwhile the rest of us get to sit back and be frustrated at a mode that, since the change, is nearly unbeatable most days.

This is the first phone app that I have ever paid money for and now I am starting to regret it. I have been told by many people to steer clear of EA games as this is their MO but I love Star Wars and I did like this game until recently.
  • Options
    I had a team of lvl 59s thrown at me on my 5th battle this morning, got past them but taken out by the next team of my equal lvl of 56's.. It does seem a little off, i say that because I was just starting to clear gw's and rarely would face 59's until my last 2 battles.
  • Options
    GW is now just frustrating for me. I can't even reach the last quarter of the GW because I lose team after team.
    I'm now Lvl 63, also having Count Dooku, Darth Sidious, Vader, Phasma and luminara.
    My 12 main characters are all over at least Lvl 55, have at least equipment rank 6 and all between 3-5 stars.
    I only managed to complete 3 GW, while playing this game now for over 2 months.
    Fix this!!
  • Options
    I had a team of lvl 59s thrown at me on my 5th battle this morning, got past them but taken out by the next team of my equal lvl of 56's.. It does seem a little off, i say that because I was just starting to clear gw's and rarely would face 59's until my last 2 battles.

Just wait. It will get worse, the higher level you get. :D

Although the devs/mods probably tuned out of this thread by the 5th page, I think it's important to note how many people in the beginning of this thread were saying the change is fine, and how it shifts to more and more negative as time goes by and the thread gets longer.

Furthermore, it should be noted how many posters in this thread have only posted 1 or 2 times in total on the forums, have posted negative feedback. I imagine a large portion of these posters were infrequent visitors to the forums, and probably hadn't even registered a name. Meaning, the GW fiasco was so egregious that tons of people went through the trouble to come to the forums, register, and seek out this thread simply to voice their displeasure with the change.

If you stop to think about it, with this evidence, maybe the decision to change it wasn't the best move.
  • Options
    Why did you do this ? Why you screw the galactic war game, its unplayable! I uninstalled the game because I am very angry. May be some day I will install it again I dont know. Hate that I lost two months with this stupid games
  • Options
    shimmy wrote: »
    As expected, no way I am going to complete this GW since I just got to the 10th fight and have all level 66 opponents (I'm 65 but only have one at 65, another at 64 and then rounding out my A team are 63 leveled) on a hardcore p2w team who are:

7 star phasma lead
    7 star sid
    7 star lumi
    6 star rey
    6 star leia

brilliant job guys with this new matchmaking that seemingly only showed up recently. I guess you guys saw all the comments about how the GW was fairly easy since you changed the retreat so the simplistic way to counter that is to throw in teams people can't have a chance of beating. Brilliant!

So now there will be the wall in GW preventing it from being finished going forward and then there is of course the wall in arena when getting high enough that you start to run into the p2w players. Basically, just walls everywhere making an already shallow game even shallower.

Here, let me get out my credit card and buy a few grand worth of crystals just so I can try and work around yet another boneheaded design/program decision you put in to screw around with all the non whales.

Sadly, all of this is dead on. Since the changes I haven't even come that close to being able to complete a GW. At level 65 with 2 7 stars, when I get to third round of battles, I always run into at least 1 "wall" of all 7 star opponents at least 2 levels ahead of me.

This particularly frustrating as this change to make it impossible ("hard!") was made after I finally decided I liked the game enough to spend some money on crystals. What a waste. I have been playing for over 2 months and feel like my time was just nerfed but this "update". Lame.

The arena wall is true as well - in large part because certain "buy only" characters (Poe, Rey, etc.) are extremely overpowered. But if that's the type of game you want to make - where the game players get screwed by the people who want to drop $100, that's fine. But expect the app reviews to reflect that. Mine will.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Hey all. First time poster. Been playing since star wars the movie opening night. I'm not a big gamer and I wont ever pay to play either. But you all whine about nonsense. Of you are ftp like myself you will never be as good as the ptp. Relax. Be patient. i have a level 6 purple plasma. Lvl 6 puple opress. And about 20 shares from lvl 6,chewy. I didn't even know about retreat mode in gw until I came to forums. I have a ton of characters. A ton of upgrades and gw is easier now that I know about retreat then before. All you need is patience. Rome wasn't built in a day. You can't not pay and whine about stuff being hard. That is dumb. I couldn't care less about ea or dev. Or any of that. I just like to play and have fun. Game is easy if you take your time. Build your squad. And relax. I play gw with lum as my leader. Plasma, sidious (to block healing) Jedi to help,with healing and and opress cuz mine is powerful. Since the change I rarely have to bring in other toons. Lumi is gonna be purple shortly. And opress and phasma will be 7 stars. Then I go to work on lumi shares and the guy with the cannons.
    Arena is harder as,guys with dooku are hard to beat. But I generally stay in the top 300s for 600 arena tokens daily and,im ok with thAt.

Hope this helps.....if not, I don't really care
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Modifying the game to make it much more difficult after people have paid money is dishonest and unethical.
    Post edited by Nikoms565 on
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • Options
    Today after update I am also stuck in node 8th. I never had a problem till node 10/11 before.
    Are you guys facing similar issues after the new update? Or its just me.
  • Options
    Arijit wrote: »
    Today after update I am also stuck in node 8th. I never had a problem till node 10/11 before.
    Are you guys facing similar issues after the new update? Or its just me.
    Same. It just some people are hitting the "All 7 star, 2 levels ahead of me" wall at different nodes. For me it's 11 today, but it was 8 yesterday.

• Options
    I didn't like the change at first, I was very opposed to it. Now I love it, while it may seem cheesy to redo the match. I can plan strategy differently without risk of losing a key character. What I don't care for is such randomness of the battles, I end up with 7 star purple teams near the start than my final battle is 60 blue gear teams. It's weird...
  • Options
    Not an active poster here. But had to log In and puts my 2 cents on gw.

I've played everyday since launch basically. Didn't utilize the retreat method on gw from get go , but after much frustration put 1 and 1 together and got with the program. Gw was getting beat. Prior to this I beat it once at like lvl 50 .

I will put it out there, trying to complete gw is worse than pounding your head on the wall. There is 0 fun factor in playing gw. I can go on and on a debate this and that. But I St comes down to it, trying g to complete gw on daily basis is 0 fun.

Example today, it literly took me my whole work day to finish a gw out. I play out toons turns/matches as getting my daily work task done through day. Sometimes I have moments / oppertunities to take the turns. It not something I sitting focus on 100%, but it took up every spare min/sec I could give it. As had 2nd match to try finish ( which I gave up on 2nd let node)

But restarting battles and such just try get to end is dumb.

Having the rng work out in battles, where cant get team healed for next match is dumb.

Not sure how a b team is supposed to work. Or sucide squad. Get to tougher parts those teams get wiped up in round or 2. Ftp here, but as been mention, having mxed out b squDs does nothing if cant keep battles moving ( reliance on healers).

But enough of this rant. Just wanted to be sure anyone's fault frustrated player voice is heard. The fun factor is not present , only relief upon completion.

What other mobile game can you play and repeat unlimitedly throughout the work day until you solve it for free? And the rewards are huge comparatively. ..
  • Options
    DarthMol wrote: »
    I'm now Lvl 63, also having Count Dooku, Darth Sidious, Vader, Phasma and luminara.
    My 12 main characters are all over at least Lvl 55, have at least equipment rank 6 and all between 3-5 stars.

thats the problem, you are spreading too thin.
    You should have characters (with Sid and Lumi at 7*, rest 4* minumim) and all purple gear, instead of 12 weak characters.
    You are not supposed to beat GW with your lineup.
  • Options
    Could people please post what their squad is and what their Arena rank was at when they experienced these impossible teams? Randomly saying "it got really hard!!" without any other information doesn't help.

I've started to think that maybe the teams you face in the higher tiers are the equivalent rank as you. Since there are multiple servers/shards for PvP, it's not that hard to believe.
  • Options
    On reddit, they confirmed matches are related to your power level and current arena ranking. So typically after reward time, I just let my team fall off a bit from the top 5 to 20ish, restart GW. I usually end up with somewhat difficult matches at level 66. I usually run a heal heavy team with Barriss lead, and Lum and 3 DPS, works well. From reading all the post about how it's impossible, I've come to the conclusion that it seems most players are not using cool down management. When victory is in hand, you stall at the end letting opponent healers heal up so your there just using basic attacks getting your own cool downs ready while at full health. Seems most are just going head first as quickly as possible until they reach a difficult team with no healing left and everyone half dead. Am I wrong?
  • Options
    OK, so I first off want to admit that I was wrong in my previous post. I was worked up after trying so many times without going anywhere. But then I started to think through strategies and think outside the box in terms of my normal play style. So to the Dev's I am sorry. I will shut my mouth now and get back to it!

• Options
    To makes things worse, Ai dodge and potency s absurd sometimes. Chewbacca dodging two times in a row
    without a leader like Lumminara. How ridiculous is that.? Or how the enemy Ai rarely fails to apply negative effects like the heal debuff.
  • Options
    Anraeth wrote: »
    I didn't like the change at first, I was very opposed to it. Now I love it, while it may seem cheesy to redo the match. I can plan strategy differently without risk of losing a key character. What I don't care for is such randomness of the battles, I end up with 7 star purple teams near the start than my final battle is 60 blue gear teams. It's weird...
    For me (and probably many) is that the "change" you speak of came after some spent money on the game. It feels very "bait and switch" - you paid for game content based on the way it played....then it changed and became (for some) much more frustrating and difficult (read "impossible on some days depending on the wall")

• Options
    I also would like to have some word regarding the changes of GW retreat button.
    Being a f2p player I posses a very thin bench:
    • 5 toon's levels are maxed (since I do not have 'infinite' train droids, I had to make this decision somewhere early in the game)
    • 4 toons are close to it and could be used as a substitute

Before the changes I played about 2-3 hours only with GW, retreating and hopping in with a new team etc. and in lots of the cases I could not finish at the end. That was frustrating. For a long time I wasn't even aware of the 'hard reset' exit of the game. But this would take an other couple of minutes of my life. I think I used only once...

Of course it was shocking for me when first time I experienced that I can not do this anymore. Started to read threads and found this one. I am very grateful CG_JohnSalera for all of your words.

Since the changes I won through every single GW and it takes about an hour for me.

But how?

The key is: it is more like a chess game now. I start to think before I enter the battle. Although I do not have many toons to choose from, but my 'A' team (there is no 'B' you see :-) ) is strong enough to go through the first 2-3 battle without using a single heal. Yes, sometimes I have to send a suicide team before my 'A'. I also stared looking differently at the old toons, trying to bring Chewie for the purpose of saving lifes. Sometimes he dies, but hey this is chess :-) Ah yes, should I mention that I re-started to farm him again?
    I also have to plan the battle: who heals and when - it matters. I always try to use heal 2-3 turns before the battle ends, so the healer will be fresh at the next one or close to it. Of course all move is an estimation, but more battle = more experience, taking that we are thinking and not just hopping in and out.

Do I have to retreat now? I would say very rarely. Today I retreated only once. I am happy with it. I think it was Chewie's last match today :-)

I also started to use GW for the purpose of testing. I am eagerly waiting for teams which are similar to those I can not defeat in Arena. This is because I lack some toon which a lot of people have, and I am having hard days there nowadays. If I meat with one of these teams, I use the retreat button for the purpose of testing only. Come on: this is a free ride :-)

All in all I like very much this change. I wish they would keep the GW system with this and will not revert anything back.
  • Options
    ZKlegeny wrote: »
    I also would like to have some word regarding the changes of GW retreat button.
    Being a f2p player I posses a very thin bench:
    • 5 toon's levels are maxed (since I do not have 'infinite' train droids, I had to make this decision somewhere early in the game)
    • 4 toons are close to it and could be used as a substitute

The key is: it is more like a chess game now. I start to think before I enter the battle. Although I do not have many toons to choose from, but my 'A' team (there is no 'B' you see :-) ) is strong enough to go through the first 2-3 battle without using a single heal. Yes, sometimes I have to send a suicide team before my 'A'. I also stared looking differently at the old toons, trying to bring Chewie for the purpose of saving lifes. Sometimes he dies, but hey this is chess :-) Ah yes, should I mention that I re-started to farm him again?
    I also have to plan the battle: who heals and when - it matters. I always try to use heal 2-3 turns before the battle ends, so the healer will be fresh at the next one or close to it. Of course all move is an estimation, but more battle = more experience, taking that we are thinking and not just hopping in and out.

Do I have to retreat now? I would say very rarely. Today I retreated only once. I am happy with it. I think it was Chewie's last match today :-)

I also started to use GW for the purpose of testing. I am eagerly waiting for teams which are similar to those I can not defeat in Arena. This is because I lack some toon which a lot of people have, and I am having hard days there nowadays. If I meat with one of these teams, I use the retreat button for the purpose of testing only. Come on: this is a free ride :-)

All in all I like very much this change. I wish they would keep the GW system with this and will not revert anything back.

The problem is that all of us face different difficulty levels in GW. Some face killer squads, some don't. You are the lucky ones who doesn't have to fight all purple gear 6-7* from node 7 onwards.

What is your level, toons and gear? Perhaps it can give the general community some insight on how you manage to Breeze through it.

If you face this team like someone mentioned earlier:

7* Phasma lead
    7* Sid
    7* Lumi
    6* Rey
    6* Leia

Do you think you can come out of it unscathed and retreat very rarely and only once in the entire GW?

• Options
    I didn't like the change at first, I was very opposed to it. Now I love it, while it may seem cheesy to redo the match. I can plan strategy differently without risk of losing a key character.

This is not strategy. It is called trial and error. And that's the reason it's boring.
  • ZKlegeny
    22 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    ccfoo wrote: »
    What is your level, toons and gear? Perhaps it can give the general community some insight on how you manage to Breeze through it.

Hi ccfoo,

I am 65 and I have
    7* lvl 8 Lumi lead (only in GW)
    7* lvl 8 Sid
    7* lvl 8 Phasma
    7* lvl 8 JC
    5* lvl 8 Old Daka

*Edit: checked it, lvl 8 (all of them), could not be lvl 9 at this time...

All 'max' geared (khm... close to it... purple at least :smile:)
    plus Dooku (63 4* lvl8 - I bring it if the opponent has an other Dooku), Asajj (60), Chewie (57) and Talia (53) which are worth mentioning.
    [/quote]
    ccfoo wrote: »
    If you face this team like someone mentioned earlier:

7* Phasma lead
    7* Sid
    7* Lumi
    6* Rey
    6* Leia

Do you think you can come out of it unscathed and retreat very rarely and only once in the entire GW?

Unscathed? No, I do not think so. This would be a tough one but manageable. Probably I would place my best suicide team here first (lvl 5x-4x) to hold Sid's AOE and take Rey, Lumi and Phasma first shot while Leia goes Stealth, but before them I definitely would give some try for my 'A' one just to see if I can beat this. Anyway, except for Ray, this is not the team I fear of in Arena :smile: This one is for Chewie (cyan gear) for sure.
    In case this is the last battle, that will be definitely for the 'A' team's.
    Post edited by ZKlegeny on
  • Anraeth
    536 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    swgod98 wrote: »
    I didn't like the change at first, I was very opposed to it. Now I love it, while it may seem cheesy to redo the match. I can plan strategy differently without risk of losing a key character.

This is not strategy. It is called trial and error. And that's the reason it's boring.

Perhaps, but at least in my case restarting the battle yields different results. Not sure if something has changed but they never do the same action anymore. While I admit it's lame to redo the battle over and over again, it is cheese. However would you prefer an alternative? Arena style, battle to the death no restarts or retreats advancing as far as you could with regen similar to LS/DS mission after completion until all your characters are dead/victory? That's how it should of been in my honest opinion from day one if they wanted it to be end game content.
  • Options
    Someone had a great idea. I just submitted to get my money back. So sad I wasted money on this game when they ruined it in one stupid move. Been playing free to see if they fix it, but the total silence after the outcry shows they could care less. Log in less every day. Hopefully I'll get some of my money back. What a rip off. I'll never touch an EA anything ever again!
  • Options
    swgod98 wrote: »

Perhaps, but at least in my case restarting the battle yields different results. Not sure if something has changed but they never do the same action anymore. While I admit it's lame to redo the battle over and over again, it is cheese. However would you prefer an alternative? Arena style, battle to the death no restarts or retreats advancing as far as you could with regen similar to LS/DS mission after completion until all your characters are dead/victory? That's how it should of been in my honest opinion from day one if they wanted it to be end game content.

This is definitely how it should be. I'd prefer a way to retreat in the old method, albeit minus the things that were cheese-able.
  • AdamW
    692 posts Member
    Options
    Po6oT wrote: »
    Second day in a row I meet this squad in GW and I have no idea how to beat it. My 66lvl A team has max geared 7* toons and it gets wiped out without any chance.
    Is it supposed to be unbeatable??

jz7vU1O.png

Holy!! I laughed when I seen this team. Its not impossible but your gonna take a loss of characters for sure!! Good luck.
  • Options
    This is the **** change to any game in the history of ever.
This discussion has been closed.