My pledge, in response to the latest cash grab

Replies

• Options
    Triqui wrote: »
    Asic wrote: »
    Also with a new shard exchange coming you could potentially stockpile shares for a toon you already have at seven stars. For that purpose I think the change is justified.

Maybe that's the reasoning behind the change. We can only speculate, as their comunication protocol sucks.

I love how they said the communication would be fixed regarding updates / releases. Yet, we see what we see.

• Options
    Until everyone playing starts contacting Disney/Lucasfilm in a very constructive way explaining how EA is diminishing the franchise by cash grabs nothing will get done.

Brands are the most valuable thing to a company like Disney and Star Wars is the king brand next to Disney itself (a princess? maybe?). If it becomes clear that the cash grab policies here are diminishing the star wars brand they will step in. It will just take more than a handful of disgruntled mobile players. It will take a thousand.
  • Options
    Now you know the feeling of whales after the previous surprise QGJ move from EA. Welcome to the group of ex spenders.
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options
    davida8546 wrote: »
    Now you know the feeling of whales after the previous surprise QGJ move from EA. Welcome to the group of ex spenders.

Give it a rest already. Please. This is a totally different and dissimilar change.

Whales will soon have new and shiny chromium exclusive toons to spend on. Anyone who thought these toons would remain exclusive for long was only fooling themselves. EA/CG is following the playbook for these games exactly. You and @QGJM have been beating this drum ceaselessly. We get it. You're unhappy. But it gets kinda ridiculous how it's been popping up in threads that have nothing to do with it.
  • QGJM
    318 posts Member
    Options
    Actually it Shows how they can manage expactations and the happyness of their player base... This is just one more Cash grab als u said and i still have to say this Game is the Playbook exception. Other mobile Games have exklusive Content that stays that way...
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options
    QGJM wrote: »
    Actually it Shows how they can manage expactations and the happyness of their player base... This is just one more Cash grab als u said and i still have to say this Game is the Playbook exception. Other mobile Games have exklusive Content that stays that way...

Please take you QGJ complaints to an appropriate thread.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/8507/thank-you-cg-for-an-awesome-farm-able-hero#latest
  • Options
    Telaan wrote: »
    davida8546 wrote: »

Give it a rest already. Please. This is a totally different and dissimilar change.

Whales will soon have new and shiny chromium exclusive toons to spend on. Anyone who thought these toons would remain exclusive for long was only fooling themselves. EA/CG is following the playbook for these games exactly. You and @QGJM have been beating this drum ceaselessly. We get it. You're unhappy. But it gets kinda ridiculous how it's been popping up in threads that have nothing to do with it.

For the love of God, I suggested giving exclusive chars to F2p players just a few days before they did it and I was a whale. I dont like how they execute it though. But that s in another thread.

Shiny new exclusives you say. Only if they dont cost a few K each time they appear.

Anyway back to the point. Op commented in whale threads. I have no problem btw. I am just having a bit of fun with him, if he allows!
  • QGJM
    318 posts Member
    Options

@Telaan
    Then don't "summon" me into this thread
  • Options
    Until everyone playing starts contacting Disney/Lucasfilm in a very constructive way explaining how EA is diminishing the franchise by cash grabs nothing will get done.

Brands are the most valuable thing to a company like Disney and Star Wars is the king brand next to Disney itself (a princess? maybe?). If it becomes clear that the cash grab policies here are diminishing the star wars brand they will step in. It will just take more than a handful of disgruntled mobile players. It will take a thousand.

+1
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options

@Telaan

Being tagged does not mean you need to respond. It was a not so subtle clue.... But congrats on your first official post on this forum that wasn't a QGJ complaint!
  • davida8546
    216 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    It wasnt a complaint about QGJ being given out in any of the threads I have participated in if you have mistaken. Giving it out without any announcement so pple who spend $ to get him the night before get ripped was my main concern+ why dont they make getting him more challenging. My complaint about him is quite relavant to the Op s in a sense.
  • QGJM
    318 posts Member
    Options

@Telaan

Being tagged does not mean you need to respond. It was a not so subtle clue.... But congrats on your first official post on this forum that wasn't a QGJ complaint!

Lol - and every time, guys like u need something to say sth subtile+Sarcastic as an kind of personal attack/repost. That actually says a lot about u...
  • Options
    They added ewoks into a film as a cash grab. Star Wars is actually pretty famous for it's shameless merchandising.

• Options

@Telaan

Lol - and every time, guys like u need something to say sth subtile+Sarcastic as an kind of personal attack/repost. That actually says a lot about u...
    I ve seen OP here many times, no offensive meaning to him what so ever but may be some pple get it wrong.

You seem to like summon, so back to SW (lol) not Star war. In fact a month ago after getting angry I pour the reserved $ for this game into the other SW. Revenge and satisfied!
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options

@Telaan

Lol - and every time, guys like u need something to say sth subtile+Sarcastic as an kind of personal attack/repost.

You're taking things personally because you choose to. I'm by no means attacking you or offering any sort of insult. But it says something about your posting when your entire history, except for one post, is about the same topic.
    That actually says a lot about u...

200w.gif
  • Options
    I'm with you Qeltar. Long ago, I also made a pledge not to spend a penny on f2p games as a challenge, a challenge to myself to see how far I can go because I know from experience that most f2p, especially those that you enjoy playing will eventually become a full time job. So why pay to do a job?

That was my motto.

• Aluxendr
    358 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    This thread is pointless, and most of you are ****.

Logically;

1. If you are newer to the game and attempting to push for a 7* character, IF you win GW you receive 1200 Tokens. Shipments refresh every 6 hours last I checked and there's 24 hours in a day. "I don't want to constantly have to check in to get shipments". Guess you're too lazy to open an app on your phone then.

2. If you are not new to the game, and want 7* shards and have a stockpile, chances are good you have Lumi and Phasma, at a minimum. That's 40 shards a day, if you're like me and have 4 characters maxed, 80 shards a day. Free, usable alternative income.

3. Want a full character day 1? Buy some Chromium packs. Don't expect whale-like benefits if you aren't a whale.

It isn't a cash grab, it's a way for them to limit people from dumping for shards. IF you had paid attention to the initial post in the forum and read "characters already at 7*" you could have dumped your shards.

I didn't, because I didn't care. Also, the price to refresh with tokens goes up very rapidly, for those of you complaining and saying it was always just 10 tokens. YOU CLEARLY NEVER USED THE REFRESH.
  • Jsnazz
    349 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Aluxendr wrote: »

3. Want a full character day 1? Buy some Chromium packs. Don't expect whale-like benefits if you aren't a whale.
    Terrible example. *click tongue* You know why? because in GW everything there have to earn. Everything outside of GW, there is a Master Card.

ps. Is that a lady pistol on your avatar?

• Options
    This thread is pointless, and most of you are ****.

Logically;

1. If you are newer to the game and attempting to push for a 7* character, IF you win GW you receive 1200 Tokens. Shipments refresh every 6 hours last I checked and there's 24 hours in a day. "I don't want to constantly have to check in to get shipments". Guess you're too lazy to open an app on your phone then.

2. If you are not new to the game, and want 7* shards and have a stockpile, chances are good you have Lumi and Phasma, at a minimum. That's 40 shards a day, if you're like me and have 4 characters maxed, 80 shards a day. Free, usable alternative income.

It isn't a cash grab, it's a way for them to limit people from dumping for shards. IF you had paid attention to the initial post in the forum and read "characters already at 7*" you could have dumped your shards.

I didn't, because I didn't care. Also, the price to refresh with tokens goes up very rapidly, for those of you complaining and saying it was always just 10 tokens. YOU CLEARLY NEVER USED THE REFRESH.

Nope, they (EA) are attacking everyone now, F2P, whales, dolphins. Announcement is the key here. There are many other just equally bad but this one alone is bad enough.
  • Options
    Jsnazz wrote: »

Terrible example. *click tongue* You know why? because in GW everything there have to earn it. Everything outside of GW, there is a Master Card.

No, it's a fat POG with a knife.

And every shard in GW drops in Chromium. You can buy those too- and then those 7* characters will yield extra shards for the new exchange.

Like I said, there's literally no point to people complaining about this change.
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options

I doubt that's even a POG. Probably some air soft kid lol.
  • Options

Hahaha! You're alright but it be cool if you show some sympathy and let them rant.
    And every shard in GW drops in Chromium. You can buy those too- and then those 7* characters will yield extra shards for the new exchange.

Like I said, there's literally no point to people complaining about this change.
    Good point and don't look at me since I never use my hard earn Crystal on those silly Chromium. 100% f2p.

• Options

Terrible example. *click tongue* You know why? because in GW everything there have to earn it. Everything outside of GW, there is a Master Card.

We havent seen the exchange rate, have we? How about 50:1. Lol.

I agree to a certain degree that there s no point to complain about this, worse things have yet to come!

• Options

It's definitely 100% POG. Dirty barracks room, issue belt, grown-out low skin fade, and unbelievably fat (destined for that sweet overweight chapter paperwork). I forget where I found it, but looking at it makes me laugh, every time. Those might even be Bragg barracks rooms.
  • CronozNL
    2869 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I'm with you guys on this one @Qeltar. It's quite a *beep* thing to do if you saved up on GW tokens.
    Also things like this could have been communicated so you had a chance to spend them or at least take it into account before it got changed.
    Anyway I'm going to think into a solution here so correct me if I am wrong but I guess you will have to spend them on multiple characters at the same time. Normally in the 24h you can spend 1600 tokens and get 1200, that pace is quite slow but will eventually spend all the tokens.
    I know the issue is that you can't (pretty much) instantly unlock a toon, unless you wanna pay big on crystals.
    Things like this, eventhough unintended, give justified backlash and is another move of EA that doesn't land very well.
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options

It's definitely 100% POG. Dirty barracks room, issue belt, grown-out low skin fade, and unbelievably fat (destined for that sweet overweight chapter paperwork). I forget where I found it, but looking at it makes me laugh, every time. Those might even be Bragg barracks rooms.

Lol maybe. It's hard to tell on my end from a tiny picture. Anyone who was anyone was at Hood though.
  • Options

Hahaha! You're alright but it be cool if you show some sympathy and let them rant.

Good point and don't look at me since I never use my hard earn Crystal on those silly Chromium. 100% f2p.

Exactly, you don't even need to use the refresh. It's pointless ****.

Mainly when I make posts like that, it's to point things out for people who don't think about things before they post. I really don't care if people decide to stop spending over this. I would in fact encourage it, because it would drive them to lower the cost of crystals.
  • Options

Lol maybe. It's hard to tell on my end from a tiny picture. Anyone who was anyone was a hood though.

It gets funnier if you click on it, because the expression on his face is priceless.
  • Options

Sympathy to everyone, you rant I rant he rant. In fact, ranting is the most enjoyable thing in this game.
  • Options
    Ok first of all it is clearly a POG because he's a freaking airman, you can tell those are ABUs.

Second of all, go out without support and see how long you last. Freaking grunts, yall don't know nothing.