My pledge, in response to the latest cash grab

Replies

• Aluxendr
    358 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    CronozNL wrote: »
    I'm with you guys on this one @Qeltar. It's quite a *beep* thing to do if you saved up on GW tokens.
    Also things like this could have been communicated so you had a chance to spend them or at least take it into account before it got changed.
    Anyway I'm going to think into a solution here so correct me if I am wrong but I guess you will have to spend them on multiple characters at the same time. Normally in the 24h you can spend 1600 tokens and get 1200, that pace is quite slow but will eventually spend all the tokens.
    I know the issue is that you can't (pretty much) instantly unlock a toon, unless you wanna pay big on crystals.
    Things like this, eventhough unintended, give justified backlash and is another move of EA that doesn't land very well.

Math:

You have Luminara and Phasma at 7*, and 16K tokens (What I have saved currently)

400 X 2 characters X 4 refreshes a day = 3200 (T)okens spent a day

Income is 1200T. Gross a day is -2000T

16000T / 2000T = 8 days til you're living GW to GW (horrors!)

For fun:

1 character = 330 shards to 7*, and thus providing an overage

330 / 5 = 66 / 3 = 22 days for a 7* character, 44 again for 2, Lumi and Phasma

Let's say you've been playing since Oct 15, and have won GW every.single.day since then. That's 106 days.

Minus 44 leaves you with 62 days worth of extra Tokens. 74,400 to be exact. Applying the math above...

You have 37 days until you're living GW to GW.

Does this tantrum about crystal seem pointless yet?

Edited my math a little there. had some extra numbers.
    Post edited by Aluxendr on
  • QGJM
    318 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    @Telaan
    Yes I am on this forum for 2 days :-)
  • Options
    d3gauss wrote: »
    Ok first of all it is clearly a POG because he's a freaking airman, you can tell those are ABUs.

Second of all, go out without support and see how long you last. Freaking grunts, yall don't know nothing.

Nah, definitely dirty ACUs.

And hey, it wouldn't be deployment without a fat cook running their mouths about their PTSD, and subsequently eating a mortar, or the 25 series who spends all his time playing CoD on his PS3 **** himself when he goes outside the COP on his one mission of deployment. I loved my support
  • Options
    Aluxendr wrote: »
    I'm with you guys on this one @Qeltar. It's quite a *beep* thing to do if you saved up on GW tokens.
    Also things like this could have been communicated so you had a chance to spend them or at least take it into account before it got changed.
    Anyway I'm going to think into a solution here so correct me if I am wrong but I guess you will have to spend them on multiple characters at the same time. Normally in the 24h you can spend 1600 tokens and get 1200, that pace is quite slow but will eventually spend all the tokens.
    I know the issue is that you can't (pretty much) instantly unlock a toon, unless you wanna pay big on crystals.
    Things like this, eventhough unintended, give justified backlash and is another move of EA that doesn't land very well.

Math:

You have Luminara and Phasma at 7*, and 16K tokens (What I have saved currently)

For fun:

330 / 5 X 400 = 66 / 3 = 22 days for a 7* character, 44 again for 2, Lumi and Phasma

Let's say you've been playing since Oct 15, and have won GW every.single.day since then. That's 106 days.

Minus 44 leaves you with 62 days worth of extra Tokens. 74,400 to be exact. Applying the math above...

You are disrupting my dragon runs lol. What is your explanation for the lack of announcement?
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options
    Telaan wrote: »
    No, it's a fat POG with a knife.

I doubt that's even a POG. Probably some air soft kid lol.

It's definitely 100% POG. Dirty barracks room, issue belt, grown-out low skin fade, and unbelievably fat (destined for that sweet overweight chapter paperwork). I forget where I found it, but looking at it makes me laugh, every time. Those might even be Bragg barracks rooms.

Lol maybe. It's hard to tell on my end from a tiny picture. Anyone who was anyone was a hood though.

It gets funnier if you click on it, because the expression on his face is priceless.
    Ok first of all it is clearly a POG because he's a freaking airman, you can tell those are ABUs.

Second of all, go out without support and see how long you last. Freaking grunts, yall don't know nothing.

And hey, it wouldn't be deployment without a fat cook running their mouths about their PTSD, and subsequently eating a mortar, or the 25 series who spends all his time playing CoD on his PS3 **** himself when he goes outside the COP on his one mission of deployment. I loved my support

Lol. My favorite is the 92 series who is responsible for ordering chow for everyone off the fob at a jss. Oh thanks for the two dozen cases of Otis spunkmeyer muffins and special k cereal with dehydrated strawberries. Can we get some real food....?
  • Aluxendr
    358 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    davida8546 wrote: »

Math:

For fun:

330 / 5 X 400 = 66 / 3 = 22 days for a 7* character, 44 again for 2, Lumi and Phasma

You are disrupting my dragon runs lol. What is your explanation for the lack of announcement?

I don't have one. Consider me Kevin Bacon, running around screaming "REMAIN CALM, EVERYTHING IS OK"

Though the post on Jan 22, (emphasis added)
    EA_Jesse wrote: »
    Greetings Heroes,

Today we’d like to give you a preview on one of the big features we’re adding to our next major update in February, the Shard Shop.

This will be the place to trade in those extra shards for characters that you already have at 7 stars. The Shard Shop will have multiple character shards rotated in and out, and may eventually have an exclusive character that has been highly requested by the community :)

The Shard Shop is just one of the many new features that we’re adding to Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes. As we get closer to the next major update we’ll continue to preview content that will be included. Stay tuned!

Cheers

should've provided a hint that they might change things. I didn't expect them to post "GIT YER GALAKTIKAL WAR SHIPMUNTS WHILE YE CAN, CUZ WEZE CLOSIN UP THE SHOP SO YA CANT EXPLOIT IT FER THE EXCHANGE". Though as I showed, it's really not a big deal.

But yeah, I do agree they suck at announcing things that are going to happen; possibly because it COULD provide an advantage to people who read the forums over those who don't.

And you know they're alllllll about dat fairness.
  • Options

Exactly, you don't even need to use the refresh. It's pointless ****.
    Nope and here is why. I'm level 50 and I able to clear GW. This mean I have a maximum of crystal that the game grant for clearing GW. I forgot how much but I believe its around 1.5k? I purchased 4 shards instead of 16. Tomorrow I'll add other 1.5k crystals to my total.
    Mainly when I make posts like that, it's to point things out for people who don't think about things before they post. I really don't care if people decide to stop spending over this. I would in fact encourage it, because it would drive them to lower the cost of crystals.
    I believe you're feeding off other people constructive rants while riding a high horse. I can tell you're an intellect person but if only you know how to channel those intellect into something positive.

• Aluxendr
    358 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options

It's definitely 100% POG. Dirty barracks room, issue belt, grown-out low skin fade, and unbelievably fat (destined for that sweet overweight chapter paperwork). I forget where I found it, but looking at it makes me laugh, every time. Those might even be Bragg barracks rooms.

Lol maybe. It's hard to tell on my end from a tiny picture. Anyone who was anyone was a hood though.

It gets funnier if you click on it, because the expression on his face is priceless.

Lol. My favorite is the 92 series who is responsible for ordering chow for everyone off the fob at a jss. Oh thanks for the two dozen cases of Otis spunkmeyer muffins and special k cereal with dehydrated strawberries. Can we get some real food....?

Lol "Have some heart healthy special k! And here's some nonperishable milk with 55g of sugar per serving to douse it in!"

Our JSS was a dirtpile down the road where we got to sleep on the ground for like 8 hours straight, eat MREs, and throw rocks at goats. It was **** Heaven, and we named it JSS Paul Walker.

• Options
    Jsnazz wrote: »

Exactly, you don't even need to use the refresh. It's pointless ****.
    Nope and here is why. I'm level 50 and I able to clear GW. This mean I have a maximum of crystal that the game grant for clearing GW. I forgot how much but I believe its around 1.5k? I purchased 4 shards instead of 16. Tomorrow I'll add other 1.5k crystals to my total.
    Mainly when I make posts like that, it's to point things out for people who don't think about things before they post. I really don't care if people decide to stop spending over this. I would in fact encourage it, because it would drive them to lower the cost of crystals.
    I believe you're feeding off other people constructive rants while riding a high horse. I can tell you're an intellect person but if only you know how to channel those intellect into something positive.

Not sure where you're getting those numbers. You get 1200T/ day for completing GW. Which is 3 shipments. Which you can get over 24 hours, if you are still working on your first 7*. Been there, done it.

And I've never ridden on a horse, but I imagine it would be either way more fun, and terrifying, if I was high.
  • Options

Math:

For fun:

I don't have one. Consider me Kevin Bacon, running around screaming "REMAIN CALM, EVERYTHING IS OK"

Greetings Heroes,

Today we’d like to give you a preview on one of the big features we’re adding to our next major update in February, the Shard Shop.

This will be the place to trade in those extra shards for characters that you already have at 7 stars. The Shard Shop will have multiple character shards rotated in and out, and may eventually have an exclusive character that has been highly requested by the community :)

The Shard Shop is just one of the many new features that we’re adding to Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes. As we get closer to the next major update we’ll continue to preview content that will be included. Stay tuned!

Cheers

should've provided a hint that they might change things. I didn't expect them to post "GIT YER GALAKTIKAL WAR SHIPMUNTS WHILE YE CAN, CUZ WEZE CLOSIN UP THE SHOP SO YA CANT EXPLOIT IT FER THE EXCHANGE". Though as I showed, it's really not a big deal.

But yeah, I do agree they suck at announcing things that are going to happen; possibly because it COULD provide an advantage to people who read the forums over those who don't.

In some games they actually announce it in game. Eg pop ups that give you info about coming changes 1,2 weeks before. Well I guess they suc k at prettu much everything lol. They prefered pop up ads over thiS lol. Ads are gone now I think.
  • Options

Math:

For fun:

Greetings Heroes,

Cheers

In some games they actually announce it in game. Eg pop ups that give you info about coming changes 1,2 weeks before. Well I guess they suc k at prettu much everything lol. They prefered pop up ads over thiS lol. Ads are gone now I think.

That would be nice...but those pop up ****. Sending mail to the, y'know, mailbox they gave us would be an even better idea.

• Options
    You get 1200T/ day for completing GW. Which is 3 shipments. Which you can get over 24 hours, if you are still working on your first 7*. Been there, done it.
    See what I mean about the intellectual? And Indeed I got that much Crystals for completing GW but with the update, I'll be punished for my efforts. The 24 hours wait would cause my surplus of Crystals to goes to waste and I'll never able to use them all like before.

I also don't go for 7 stars since 100 Crystal is to much. I split at 5-6 stars, so I can get more heroes without spending a penny.
    And I've never ridden on a horse, but I imagine it would be either way more fun, and terrifying, if I was high.
    oh you ; )

• Options
    I m never organised enough to check shipments every few hours. In fact, I havent even logged in today (3 hours left for the day) so quickly staring a char without spending crystals is a no no for me. But doesnt matter, with power creeping and nerf, it s safer to spread your shards. Still, su ck when you see things like this appear from no where! Yeah I know their plan, new pwer creeping things are coming. Need to nerf this to get $ in. But nope my extra crystals have been sitting there safe and sound for over a month!
  • Options

Math:

For fun:

330 / 5 = 66 / 3 = 22 days for a 7* character, 44 again for 2, Lumi and Phasma

Edited my math a little there. had some extra numbers.

This! I like to complain now and then, but this is too much. Just 7* your poggle or help the community and get teebo to 7* see how he rolls. You took a gamble by hoarding tokens, nobody said the refresh would stay 10 tokens (this is the argument used in every nerf or change post)
    The gamble didnt pay off, but you lost nothing.

@Jsnazz you can spend 1600 tokens each day if you really try, refresh is every 6 hours. And if you dont want to 7* a hero you can 6* two different heroes at the same time.
  • Options
    Well. I have 27,000 GW tokens (I'm pay very light, couple of Xtal subs in Decemeber) and now much sadness. Still, it is only a game, which albeit has **** more time out of than it should have.

It is worth noting this
    http://investor.ea.com/releases.cfm

the recent results were below investor expectations, and the forward "guidance" for the financial quarter also lower (you'll have to look up broker reports) ....now this component is only a small part of EA (but there's a financial pressure); but I guess [complete assumption] they are sitting on a lot of player data showing:

A significant amount of players like me hoarding GW tokens
    Out of these players, a significant amount who have paid money
    New shard shop coming
    There's a good chance they could convert people to pay for GW refreshes
    while also protecting the shard shop economy.

Even without the money component, if a lot of ppl hoardin tokens, they need to protect the shard shop economy. However, warning would have been nice, so people who then wanted to just eg complete a poggle or a biggs rather than wait, could have done so.

• Options
    I'm with ya @Qeltar
    This is the icing on the cake that's been baking for the past month. Ceasing future purchases & refreshes until my faith is restored.
  • Options

@Jsnazz you can spend 1600 tokens each day if you really try, refresh is every 6 hours. And if you dont want to 7* a hero you can 6* two different heroes at the same time.
    Or bet yet... why fix something that isn't broken?

You also need to keep in mind about my original challenge, where I crippled myself by staying at level 50 with only 2 purple and go up against level 60+ players with 4 7 purple stars. Every battle is an uphill and every reward I earned is sweet. This update basically mean asking us to do a few battles to acquire 400 crystals or pay a hefty fine to continue.

• Options

Or bet yet... why fix something that isn't broken?

You also need to keep in mind about my original challenge, where I crippled myself by staying at level 50 with only 2 purple and go up against level 60+ players with 4 7 purple stars. Every battle is an uphill and every reward I earned is sweet. This update basically mean asking us to do a few battles to acquire 400 crystals or pay a hefty fine to continue.

It's the shipment refresh not the war refresh. *facepalm*
    And what does you crippling yourself have to do with anything? That's your own choice.
  • Jsnazz
    349 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options

And what does you crippling yourself have to do with anything? That's your own choice.
    We're talking about the shipment refresh all this time you silly facepalm guy.

The crippling testimony was just an example on how this update punished those worked hard for their reward. You also need to remember that not everyone stares at their screen 24/7 and hope to collect their shipment reward every 6 hours.

And once again, why fix something that isn't broken?

• Options

We're talking about the shipment refresh all this time you silly facepalm guy.

The crippling testimony was just an example on how this update punished those worked hard for their reward. You also need to remember that not everyone stares at their screen 24/7 and hope to collect their shipment reward every 6 hours.

And once again, why fix something that isn't broken?

I kick myself in the nuts while I play gw, so now I'm entitled to more stuff. Because it's such hard work. Doesn't make any sense does it?

"This update basically mean asking us to do a few battles to acquire 400 crystals or pay a hefty fine to continue." I still don't see why you should pay a hefty fine to continue.

You don't have to look at your screen 24/7, refresh is every 6 hours. You login you buy stuff and you close the app. Not that hard.
  • Options

I kick myself in the nuts while I play gw, so now I'm entitled to more stuff. Because it's such hard work. Doesn't make any sense does it?
    That make no sense because I already got load of stuff (crystals), the only problem is not able to use it all like before.

You don't have to look at your screen 24/7, refresh is every 6 hours. You login you buy stuff and you close the app. Not that hard.
    Why every 6 hours? Why not now after I complete GW?

I thought you smarter than that Pinda but I was wrong. I think I wasted enough time on a blunted tool.

Once again, why fix something that isn't broken? Oh nvm... ;)

• Options

That make no sense because I already got load of stuff (crystals), the only problem is not able to use it all like before.

Why every 6 hours? Why not now after I complete GW?

I thought you smarter than that Pinda but I was wrong. I think I wasted enough time on a blunted tool.

Once again, why fix something that isn't broken? Oh nvm... ;)

Here comes the ad hominem arguments :sweat:
    It's broken when new heroes are added to GW and people can upgrade them to 7* in a day.

The kick in the nuts metaphor still stands, just because you make it hard on yourself doesn't mean they punish you with this update. You punished yourself by playing with a low level squad.

I still don't get this:
    "This update basically mean asking us to do a few battles to acquire 400 crystals or pay a hefty fine to continue."
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options
    It's broken when new heroes are added to GW and people can upgrade them to 7* in a day.

This happens regardless with people willing to spend enough money. So you're saying it's only broken if ftp can do it? I'm asking as a p2w player.

That being said, saying 0-7* in one day on GW token refreshes alone is hyperbole. The cost of refreshes increased like every other refresh. I've got 18.8k tokens. I've been banking my tokens since I finished 7*ing Luminara and I still don't have enough to do that.
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    Options
    Findec wrote: »
    They added ewoks into a film as a cash grab. Star Wars is actually pretty famous for it's shameless merchandising.
    Just so you know Chewie was original supposed to be an evok, it was under pre production he was changed into the wooki we know today
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • Options

This happens regardless with people willing to spend enough money. So you're saying it's only broken if ftp can do it? I'm asking as a p2w player.

That being said, saying 0-7* in one day on GW token refreshes alone is hyperbole. The cost of refreshes increased like every other refresh. I've got 18.8k tokens. I've been banking my tokens since I finished 7*ing Luminara and I still don't have enough to do that.

Yes, I think p2w players should have earlier and easier acces to heroes or other stuff. As long as it will be available for f2p in the end (like QGJ). I am f2p, but I think this is a viable marketing strategy.

Of course it was a hyperbole, but you can still get a decent head start to 7* when you hoard 16k tokens. I think it was never intended to refresh with gw tokens. There is a bug in the game, when you have less than 10-50 crystals (purple ones) You couldn't refresh gw. (There are some topics about this here on the forum)
    So they fixed it.
  • Options
    I haven't made a purchase yet and use crystals sparingly, so I'd never pay to refresh the list for quick farming anyway. For me, it's business as usual but I understand why people are angered...
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I think it was never intended to refresh with gw tokens.
    I find it amazing that no matter how blatant the change they implement, people somehow manage to retcon on their behalf.
    It was very obviously intended to refresh with GW tokens. Some programmer specifically programmed the refresh window with that currency type, and specifically put in a number that is different from the numbers in the other shipment areas. And it has been that way for at least 2 months, and my guess is going back to soft launch so probably 4 months.
    It definitely was intended, and any claim otherwise is ****.
    So they fixed it.
    Yeah, in the sense of how you fix a dog or cat.
    Anyway, I have already not spent 300 crystals since this update on character shards that I would have spent before. This will eventually add up to spending quite a bit less money. I won't pretend that I'm never going to spend on the game again (unless they continue ruining it far worse than they are even doing now). But it's my small way of saying "I do not like petty cash grabs from billion-dollar companies".
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Options
    I never spend a dime on iOS apps. Why? I get bored with them soon...so why waste $s

This, to a degree.

• Options
    Qeltar wrote: »
    Not only will I never spend a single crystal ever refreshing shipments in GW, I am now pledging not to spend crystals on ANY shipment refreshes in ANY mode ever, and am also ceasing the occasional crystal purchases I made for character shards in the regular shipments as well. I will also be cutting back on mission refreshes, and pushing back my next crystal pack purchase.
    I'm sure nobody at CG cares, but it's the least I can do to express my annoyance at their latest completely unnecessary, anti-player cash grab.

Why not just outright not buy any crystal pack unless they changed things to not be a cash grab?

"I don't like your new policies since they are a cash grab but I will still occasionally give you money. Take that!!"
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    shimsham wrote: »
    Why not just outright not buy any crystal pack unless they changed things to not be a cash grab?
    They aren't going to back out these changes. When I run out of crystals in a couple of weeks I'll decide whether to buy more then based on how things are going.
    I usually get bored of these sorts of games quickly as pure F2P, and I can afford not to be one. Whether they get more $ or not will depend on future actions. If they continue down this road I won't stop buying things, I will uninstall and move on.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.