Definitive Poe Counter Giveaway

Replies

• DefinitivePoeCounter
    287 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Rolf wrote: »
    Telaan wrote: »

There are no rules against giveaways in the forum, I checked that. And claiming this to be an advertisement is downright stretching it and bigoted.
    Stretching, perhaps. That's not the correct use of "bigoted" though, or are you claiming that we're stereotyping you because of your unique forum name? :p

Bigotry doesn't have to geared towards a race or ethnic origin. It, in its simplest form, is unwarranted hostility against different opinions and posts in this thread, are the exact embodiment of that.

There are no rules against giveaways in the forum, I checked that. And claiming this to be an advertisement is downright stretching it and bigoted.

This is an advertisement for a giveaway. It fosters no legitimate discussion. And bigoted? Wow lol....

It is your own opinion of an advertisement and by no means its conventional use, regardless it is not up to me or you to decide whether this violates the forum rules, since you've already reported it, we will see how the mods react.
  • Options
    He used the term correctly. Colloquial use implies race or religion.
  • Otar
    252 posts Member
    Options
    So, you are saying you "might" get a GS turn first and since his assist is going to do more damage, now your droids will win? Because when you say my team is going to lose due to speed, but your team is going to win, due to "maybe" getting 1 of the other chars down... Yeah, right, makes sense! I listened to all i possible could. Now im on the bandwagon and you are a troll.

Good Luck!
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options

Stretching, perhaps. That's not the correct use of "bigoted" though, or are you claiming that we're stereotyping you because of your unique forum name? :p

Bigotry doesn't have to geared towards a race or ethnic origin. It, in its simplest form, is unwarranted hostility against different opinions and posts in this thread, are the exact embodiment of that.

This is an advertisement for a giveaway. It fosters no legitimate discussion. And bigoted? Wow lol....

It is your own opinion of an advertisement and by no means its conventional use, regardless it is not up to me or you to decide whether this violates the forum rules, since you've already reported it, we will see how the mods react.

Is everyone who disagrees with you bigoted?
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    I think that this is actually a good approach to the problem, cosidering the coming update. Many things may change, maybe including even the necessity of countering Poe. If the info is given to everyone, many people might spend their resources only to find it being useless once they finish. And who would get a large part of the blame? Of course the OP. I would try to avoid such situation myself too...
  • Options
    Otar wrote: »
    So, you are saying you "might" get a GS turn first and since his assist is going to do more damage, now your droids will win? Because when you say my team is going to lose due to speed, but your team is going to win, due to "maybe" getting 1 of the other chars down... Yeah, right, makes sense! I listened to all i possible could. Now im on the bandwagon and you are a troll.

Good Luck!

Wow, you really can't comprehend can you. That post was comparing Poggle-led and HK-led teams not how they fare against the counter team, if you're assuming I'm still trolling after giving you explanations, it simply means I don't have to inform you anymore.

No, but you surely do know how to make an ad hominem. I won't be drawn into personal debates on the issue since it is not relevant to the topic at hand.
  • Otar
    252 posts Member
    Options
    Since you give no direct answer, i was kinda analyzing your "way of thinking" and my question was on topic, you are the one who said something about a "better droid team" and i was just trying to understand why, since the problem with my idea was speed, and your "better droid team" don't change anything in that regard. Im assuming you are trolling when i see your theory on the droids, and if you are not sound on a thing that simple, i can't imagine you being right about the main issue. That is my logic here.
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options

Good Luck!

Wow, you really can't comprehend can you. That post was comparing Poggle-led and HK-led teams not how they fare against the counter team, if you're assuming I'm still trolling after giving you explanations, it simply means I don't have to inform you anymore.

No, but you surely do know how to make an ad hominem. I won't be drawn into personal debates on the issue since it is not relevant to the topic at hand.

I'm amused that you think I'm personally attacking you. I'm equally amused that you'd accuse me of making ad hominem attacks after these:
    I bow before your endless wisdom.
    This forum really does need a reading tutor...

Trolling your own thread....
  • Options
    http://imgur.com/a/5nGVJ

But I have all the characters and would love to try your strat
  • Options
    Since you give no direct answer, i was kinda analyzing your "way of thinking" and my question was on topic, you are the one who said something about a "better droid team" and i was just trying to understand why, since the problem with my idea was speed, and your "better droid team" don't change anything in that regard. Im assuming you are trolling when i see your theory on the droids, and if you are not sound on a thing that simple, i can't imagine you being right about the main issue. That is my logic here.

Alright, here I go again.

Team 1: Poggle(L), IG86, IG88, Geo, Poe
    Team 2: HK47(L), IG86, IG88, Poggle, Poe

Comparison before any action is taken (I'm ignoring Poes since he is not affected in any team)

Team 1 has, 25% DPS on 4 characters, IG86 has 4% less crit chance and Geo and Poggle have 9% more crit chance.

Team 2 has, 30% crit chance for 3 droids and IG86 has another 4% more crit chance (34% difference in total), Poggle has 9% less crit chance.

Turn 7- If Poe doesn't move first, Team 1 can realiably OHKO sub 11k HP characters, Team 2 doesn't have that can.

If Poe moves first, there really is no need to analyse since Poe moving first is almost always a win.

This from my point of view is the decision maker, Geo also has higher DPS than HK and Poggle's team-wide 25% DPS increase is comparable that of HK47's 30% crit chance buff albeit it is worse HOWEVER Geo giving you the opportunity to take someone instantly out in turn 7 is an incredible boon (and only Leia and Rey with lucky crits can do that other than Geo)
  • Rolf
    1032 posts Member
    Options

Fair enough, I apologize for my snarkiness. Still, you could've just avoided the whole thing by just telling us all what you're obviously wanting to share. Then people without the actual chars can choose whether or not to invest in your strategy, or build upon it using those they have. Otherwise you're just creating a secretive & exclusive club of "haves" to replace the current Poe-wielders.
    My ally code: 296-673-769. Wish we could have more than 35.
  • Options
    bleeaauuh wrote: »

Not enough star levels to run it but you probably do decipher from this post, so GL.

Good Luck!

I'm amused that you think I'm personally attacking you. I'm equally amused that you'd accuse me of making ad hominem attacks after these:
    I bow before your endless wisdom.
    This forum really does need a reading tutor...

Trolling your own thread....

Tho the quoted posts did actually had relevant replies before you decided to cut them.
  • Options

Fair enough, I apologize for my snarkiness. Still, you could've just avoided the whole thing by just telling us all what you're obviously wanting to share. Then people without the actual chars can choose whether or not to invest in your strategy, or build upon it using those they have. Otherwise you're just creating a secretive & exclusive club of "haves" to replace the current Poe-wielders.

I honestly fear the backlash and nay-sayers if I were to share it hence I decided to share it one person, that person can do whatever s/he wants the info. But it is pretty much shared now, check my earlier reply on who is not used and my answer to @bleeaauuh and you probably can find the team.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I honestly fear the backlash and nay-sayers if I were to share it ...

Oh, you are so full of it.
    You're an attention ****. I regret giving you as much of it as I have.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Otar
    252 posts Member
    Options

Alright, here I go again.

Team 1: Poggle(L), IG86, IG88, Geo, Poe
    Team 2: HK47(L), IG86, IG88, Poggle, Poe

Comparison before any action is taken (I'm ignoring Poes since he is not affected in any team)

Team 1 has, 25% DPS on 4 characters, IG86 has 4% less crit chance and Geo and Poggle have 9% more crit chance.

Team 2 has, 30% crit chance for 3 droids and IG86 has another 4% more crit chance (34% difference in total), Poggle has 9% less crit chance. Forgot about 30% turn meter on crit?

Turn 7- If Poe doesn't move first, Team 1 can realiably OHKO sub 11k HP characters, Team 2 doesn't have that can.

If Poe moves first, there really is no need to analyse since Poe moving first is almost always a win.

This from my point of view is the decision maker, Geo also has higher DPS than HK and Poggle's team-wide 25% DPS increase is comparable that of HK47's 30% crit chance buff albeit it is worse (Forgot about 30% turn meter on crit?) HOWEVER Geo giving you the opportunity to take someone instantly out in turn 7 is an incredible boon (and only Leia and Rey with lucky crits can do that other than Geo)

Just did some adjustments on your theory, read above! And still, i don't see any speed diference in your team, showing that your argument about my droid team would lose because it could be reliable taken care off, adding 1 char to the poll of maybe if it go first, don't really change any of that!
  • DefinitivePoeCounter
    287 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Qeltar wrote: »
    I honestly fear the backlash and nay-sayers if I were to share it ...

Yes we are. The entirety of the player base have been bickering about Poe for a while and we managed to find a reliable counter so I'd believe it to be warranted.

Edit: And calling me names lol, I'll spare you to dignity to actually unquote it so that your 1.7k account isn't banned.
  • Options

Just did some adjustments on your theory, read above! And still, i don't see any speed diference in your team, showing that your argument about my droid team would lose because it could be reliable taken care off, adding 1 char to the poll of maybe if it go first, don't really change any of that!

I haven't forgotten the turn-meter gain on crit, but it is from my experience that a droid team that is Poggle buffed take out 3-4 characters in their first moves hence the turn-meter gain is wasted.

• Options

Wow. How much did you spend?
  • Options
    JoshG wrote: »
    This is dumb.

I stand behind my original statement :p
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    Qeltar wrote: »
    Yes we are.

Well, glad we got that settled.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • DefinitivePoeCounter
    287 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    So overall update on whoever actually ventures to read this thread:

@bleeaauuh roster 'not having enough star levels' and my earlier post on Poe, FOTP, Geo, QGJ, Dooku, Rey or Droids not being used.

Eligible characters: Phasma, Sid, Poggle, Lumi, Daka, Kylo, Fives, Ventress, Leia, Han, Ani, Aayla. 5 out of these 1210 is the team composition and it is pretty obvious GL all.

Edit: As pointed out by @Rolf, non-chromium as well.
  • Barrok
    1754 posts Member
    Options
    Poggle at 74 I think, gets speed 143. I foresee the poggle + GS + IG 86 + IG 88 + Poe as a very solid team once we can go to lvl 80. This of course assumes that none of the new hero's are worth replacing any of the current. Most likely it will be a whole new meta once lvl 80 hits.
  • Options
    Barrok wrote: »
    Poggle at 74 I think, gets speed 143. I foresee the poggle + GS + IG 86 + IG 88 + Poe as a very solid team once we can go to lvl 80. This of course assumes that none of the new hero's are worth replacing any of the current. Most likely it will be a whole new meta once lvl 80 hits.

That team is already incredibly good among the best Poe teams. And since Dooku will move to turn 6, things will be drastically different.
  • Skye
    795 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I stumbled upon a "potential" counter Poe almost by accident because I wanted to whittle down a lvl 67 standard Poe team in the GW....

Phasma, Poe, Luminara, Kylo and FOTP (all purple geared)

I was just throwing some trash lvl 60s at the team... I was surprised how effective it was (bear in mind this team doesn't defeat the above team but took out everyone but Phasma and Kylo), but provides some interesting info

(NOTE "effective" is a subjective assessment on my part)

4*Ima-Gun Di (L)(blue), 4*Obi wan(blue), 4*Aalya (blue), 5*HK(purple) and 4*Vader(purple)...

Part of the reason why this was effective (in my view) as it was is cause all characters are not glass cannons.... In fact if you look at it, it's a very defensive team... Such that after enemy team's Poe's expose and Phasma's aoe, none of my team was under 50% health and the enemy FOTP does not get his advantage yet.. Also bear in mind my team I was using has very little in the way of offense.. Surviving the first barrage. by the time of the end of the first round of turns I had the enemy team all in yellow health including Poe, Phasma and Kylo (the tankyish lot in that team)...

Lucky debuff from HK.. his aoe is very devastating in terms of debuffs if more than half of them land....meant pretty much Luminara was a lame duck.. unable to heal or do anything.. and with timely use of Obi wan's ability block.. she and FOTP were dead before she had a chance to do anything

Vader's dots did a lot of the primary damage here.

In fact when you look at it.. between ima-gun di, obi-wan and HK, you have the potential to utterly neuter FOTP damage output through defense up buff and offense down debuffs.

Remember this was a lvl 60 team literally taking it to a lvl 67 team which was much better geared. Imagine if the above team with a little bit of tweaking and comparitively as well geared... would probably have won.. In fact if I switched Aalya out for a jedi which had aoes of their own... even at 60 would probably have won...

Why a lot of people struggle with Poe teams is cause many of us sport glass canons... It's rare to see any very high health teams.. In the arena this is a problem with high health teams because it can mean you run out of time to win a fight.. FOTP becomes managable if he doesn't get his advantage buff on the first turn before his attack and this was a key thing in the battle I had above.. cause he just couldn't kill anyone and given I had no healer in there. I was surprised I even took out half the team.

There is a very interesting thing I do note about Vader's leadership ability, every time an empire team damages the opponent there is a chance to reduce targets turn meter... Looking at it.. Vader's AOE dot may actually be a lot more deadly than many of us give it credit for if he is leading.
    Former crazy person of the guild "Shard Awakens"... *quit game 13th July 2016*

Game used to be fun when it wasn't a grind... if I wanted a grind I would have went and played old school Everquest or some Korean MMO!
  • Options

Not enough star levels to run it but you probably do decipher from this post, so GL.
    I think I know the answer now. But as a F2P, the choices are limited to mimic "optimal setup" he has there.
  • Options
    Barrok wrote: »

That's the team I run :p

rChRL5M.jpg
  • Options

I think I know the answer now. But as a F2P, the choices are limited to mimic "optimal setup" he has there.

It can be 'run' as a f2p but is almost impossible to run it in its full effectiveness unless you're extremely lucky.
    Skye wrote: »

Long quote on a counter.

The AoE was answer to Poe pre-Lv70 patch and it still is the answer, so yes.

• Rolf
    1032 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options

@bleeaauuh roster 'not having enough star levels' and my earlier post on Poe, FOTP, Geo, QGJ, Dooku, Rey or Droids not being used.

Eligible characters: Phasma, Sid, Poggle, Lumi, Daka, Kylo, Fives, Ventress, Leia, Han, Ani, Aayla. 5 out of these 12 is the team composition and it is pretty obvious GL all.
    Eh, eh, eh...you said no chromium-only chars. That knocks out Leia & Aayla.
    And since you're claiming 90% success rate it can't be someone with heavy RNG-dependence like Daka. Fives doesn't make much sense either, since if you were relying on counter then Dooku is better.
    And frankly, I don't see how the remainders form a cohesive team that can withstand a walloping from the glass cannons behind a fast-moving Poe, long enough to mount an offense. Which, is of course the big problem with Poe in the first place.
    My ally code: 296-673-769. Wish we could have more than 35.
  • Options

Eligible characters: Phasma, Sid, Poggle, Lumi, Daka, Kylo, Fives, Ventress, Leia, Han, Ani, Aayla. 5 out of these 12 is the team composition and it is pretty obvious GL all.
    Eh, eh, eh...you said no chromium-only chars. That knocks out Leia & Aayla.
    Thanks for correcting.

Forgot that, which dwindles the options even more.
  • Options

It can be 'run' as a f2p but is almost impossible to run it in its full effectiveness unless you're extremely lucky.
    Skye wrote: »

Long quote on a counter.

The AoE was answer to Poe pre-Lv70 patch and it still is the answer, so yes.

Unless I farm him for a few months, am I right?
    If you can confirm this then I pretty sure what is the answer.