Game Update 1/25/2017 (Comments and Questions) ***MEGATHREAD***

Replies

• scuba
    14148 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    @TheJuyoStyle small correction needed caedus was Han and Leia's son (jacen).
  • Gamorrean
    2745 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    If it really is a kotor character I hope its Nihilus and not Revan..
    Revan looks so much like something we already have imo
  • Options
    I think we all would like to see luke sky jedi... come on EA not w/ stupid rifle... bloody hell
  • Options
    @EA_Jesse / @CG_Kozispoon

Will there be any updates to the shard shop?
  • Options
    The new Royal Guard animation is inferior to the previous. Why change it?
  • MasterMasterTimelord
    1140 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    The new Royal Guard animation is inferior to the previous. Why change it?

Not at all, I prefer much more the new animation

Edit: yeaah, the masters are rising! Lol
  • Options
    i think it's him...
  • fascizio
    572 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    It's not Nihilus. The cloak isn't raged enough for the Lord of Hunger. Also "residing in shadow" isn't exactly Nihilus. He's not really bout secrecy. He's the type that will roll up to a planet and kill it in a massive display of power.

It's more likely one of the following
    Darth Bane (Legends Banes lightsaber is curved but this one clearly isn't, however since Disney Bane has gone through some serious design changes so it's possible) medium possibility

Darth Plageuis (he was Muun in legends which would display unnaturally big looking hands but again with Disney his design may change durastically) medium possibility

Emperor Vitiate (He's the king pin of "residing in shadow" considering that only the Dark council got to communicate with him and the rest of the people under his rule wondered if he even existed. He's also power hungry) High possibility

Darth Revan (Ugh...The cloak looks similar to Revans and he has had so many lightsabers so that one could be his. However I find it unlikely that it will be Revan because it seems like they would be using the Dark Side version which would really be a waist. If they are going to put a massively popular character like Revan in I don't see why they would limit themselves to the Dark Side only version instead of exploiting the nature of the character that makes him truely unique and that won't get people to fanboying all over the place. That nature being his duel connection to the Force, wielding both dark and light.) Low possibly

Darth Caedus (I don't know of they would pull from the New Jedi Order era because of the confusion casual fans would experience. However seeing Luke Skywalkers son turned Sith Lord again would be really cool for fans like me and he does fit the description they gave. Im just not certain because of the confusion part.) Low-mid possibly

If it was Vitiate why would they give him a lightsaber? And a red one at that? We see the Sith "Emporor" with a lightsaber, sure, but when Vitiate reveals himself he never bothers. He's far too powerful to need it, I mean, dude can block saber blows with his mind.

And when his kids bust out their sabers they are yellow/gold. I don't think it's Vitiate. Revan and Nihilus both fit the shadow quote quite well. I'm still betting it's one of them.
  • Options
    DarthLucaz wrote: »
    I just quit smoking cigarettes so I am extremely irritable. I'm also a canon snob so if this isnt Bane or Plagueis Ima be most upset. Never played Kotor as i think mmos are the worst genre in gaming. So Not happy to see fanfiction trash get even more recognition in this game. Just a money grabber.

So you consider the Disney star wars canon?
    LOL!
  • Options
    I've had this happen a couple times in fleet arena fights. I completely obliterate the other side and they have one or two ships left. They get a buff from Mace and his ship, and guys who are literally near death wipe out my entire team because no matter how many times I fire on them, even with target lock... they either resist... or there is no effect whatsoever and no text to indicate how they simply became omnipotent. The near dead ship proceeds to wipe out my entire team. This laughs in the face of game balance. A target locked enemy should not withstand the full volley of 3 or 4 ships with target lock on the enemy. You have people ranked pretty high that have no business being there because at some point in time in the fight they become immune to all damage forbthe rest of the fight.
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    Options
    I've had this happen a couple times in fleet arena fights. I completely obliterate the other side and they have one or two ships left. They get a buff from Mace and his ship, and guys who are literally near death wipe out my entire team because no matter how many times I fire on them, even with target lock... they either resist... or there is no effect whatsoever and no text to indicate how they simply became omnipotent. The near dead ship proceeds to wipe out my entire team. This laughs in the face of game balance. A target locked enemy should not withstand the full volley of 3 or 4 ships with target lock on the enemy. You have people ranked pretty high that have no business being there because at some point in time in the fight they become immune to all damage forbthe rest of the fight.

Read the skills of Mace's capital ship
  • Options
    MBL_66 wrote: »

Read the skills of Mace's capital ship

I've read it and it is the definition of game imbalance. A magic button that's like using a game genie code. So strategy is made pointless.
  • Options
    Signed yours truly,

OldDumper
  • Options
    The new heroes will be those that will show you the new movie,kylo ren become a sith cause he killed his father and propably Luke skywalker in a new master Jedi edition.
  • Options
    Darthbinks wrote: »
    I just quit smoking cigarettes so I am extremely irritable. I'm also a canon snob so if this isnt Bane or Plagueis Ima be most upset. Never played Kotor as i think mmos are the worst genre in gaming. So Not happy to see fanfiction trash get even more recognition in this game. Just a money grabber.

So you consider the Disney star wars canon?
    LOL!

It is canon

LOL!

• Naw
    969 posts Member
    Options
    Was there supposed to be a Kylo Ren rework? Maybe the memo did not reach him?
  • Options
    Naw wrote: »

Is is February already? Info comes on the 1st. Patience young padawan.
  • Naw
    969 posts Member
    Options

Is is February already? Info comes on the 1st. Patience young padawan.

Believe it or not, but we have these things called time zones.
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    Options
    February the 1st might even mean the 2nd for EuroAsia, Africa and Australia
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • Naw
    969 posts Member
    Options
    Ztyle wrote: »

I'm not sure what you try to say but I like it!
  • Options
    Soon TM
  • Options
    February is gonna be the new august lol
  • scuba
    14148 posts Member
    Options
    Ztyle wrote: »

You darn future dwellers.
  • Options
    fascizio wrote: »
    It's not Nihilus. The cloak isn't raged enough for the Lord of Hunger. Also "residing in shadow" isn't exactly Nihilus. He's not really bout secrecy. He's the type that will roll up to a planet and kill it in a massive display of power.

Darth Bane (Legends Banes lightsaber is curved but this one clearly isn't, however since Disney Bane has gone through some serious design changes so it's possible) medium possibility

Darth Plageuis (he was Muun in legends which would display unnaturally big looking hands but again with Disney his design may change durastically) medium possibility

Emperor Vitiate (He's the king pin of "residing in shadow" considering that only the Dark council got to communicate with him and the rest of the people under his rule wondered if he even existed. He's also power hungry) High possibility

Darth Revan (Ugh...The cloak looks similar to Revans and he has had so many lightsabers so that one could be his. However I find it unlikely that it will be Revan because it seems like they would be using the Dark Side version which would really be a waist. If they are going to put a massively popular character like Revan in I don't see why they would limit themselves to the Dark Side only version instead of exploiting the nature of the character that makes him truely unique and that won't get people to fanboying all over the place. That nature being his duel connection to the Force, wielding both dark and light.) Low possibly

Darth Caedus (I don't know of they would pull from the New Jedi Order era because of the confusion casual fans would experience. However seeing Luke Skywalkers son turned Sith Lord again would be really cool for fans like me and he does fit the description they gave. Im just not certain because of the confusion part.) Low-mid possibly

If it was Vitiate why would they give him a lightsaber? And a red one at that? We see the Sith "Emporor" with a lightsaber, sure, but when Vitiate reveals himself he never bothers. He's far too powerful to need it, I mean, dude can block saber blows with his mind.

And when his kids bust out their sabers they are yellow/gold. I don't think it's Vitiate. Revan and Nihilus both fit the shadow quote quite well. I'm still betting it's one of them.

It's Visas Marr. 100% sure of it
  • Options

I am pretty sure thats Bane....it would make sense to put him in before any TOR chars as Bane is canon and the way that Saber is wielded is almost identical to alot of depictions of Bane.

I hope its not Revan, i think/hope they will make a Gray side or something for Revan where the gray chars can be used in both LS & DS with a sith & jedi synergy respectively.

Im glad someone else agress with me lol
    My Collection Red Lining the Revan Counter

• Javik
    246 posts Member
    Options

Kylo raged and stormed off into February without the update. I'd say they did a great job keeping him in character with the movie ;) It will come in time, I'm just glad he is getting reworked I got him to gear x when his character launched and he has kind of sat around just waiting to be used.
  • DarthLucaz
    328 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Ok its passed 12pm on the east coast. Yall should be at work now. Wheres the Kylo rework and the Sith event info you promised for today?

@EA_Jesse
  • Options
    Ok its passed 12pm on the east coast. Yall should be at work now. Wheres the Kylo rework and the Sith event info you promised for today?

@EA_Jesse

I'm also eager to know!

Let's get this show on the road @CG_Kozispoon
  • Options
    Tigzie wrote: »

@EA_Jesse

I'm also eager to know!

Pretty sure they are West Coast
  • Kozispoon
    3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
    Options
    Reyalp wrote: »
    Tigzie wrote: »

@EA_Jesse

I'm also eager to know!

Pretty sure they are West Coast

yeah_right-53108.gif

Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
This discussion has been closed.