Game Update 1/25/2017 (Comments and Questions) ***MEGATHREAD***

Replies

• Options
    Where did anyone get the idea that all updates are in the middle of the day? They've had updates drop at like midnight.
  • Options
    I feel like I'm watching paint dry. I'm just too excited. Haha
  • Options
    Nikka488 wrote: »
    I'm ok with a delay to ensure a stable release but give us the notes. You can even say in the notes - to be released soon.

They used to do that until they realized it's bad business to say they're going to do something, only to change their minds later. I doubt they want to release update notes when the update could still change.
  • Options
    It is no overly professional. When you have a deadline ... you got to meet it.
  • Options
    Ace97302 wrote: »
    I'm ok with a delay to ensure a stable release but give us the notes. You can even say in the notes - to be released soon.

They used to do that until they realized it's bad business to say they're going to do something, only to change their minds later. I doubt they want to release update notes when the update could still change.

Good point. I didn't think of that.
  • Options
    Ace97302 wrote: »

Good point. I didn't think of that. But they could say: here is the new toon. Event will need X toons. So we could get started. I doubt they would change something as large as toon requirements or major event parameters.
  • Options

That is very true....If "Isaiah the Jedi" sets deadlines, that is.... last time I looked he did not. :#

Just hang on.. remember your time zone is *YOUR* time zone.. Let people finish, it helps everyone when things roll out right. :)
  • Options

That is very true....If "Isaiah the Jedi" sets deadlines, that is.... last time I looked he did not. :#

Just hang on.. remember your time zone is *YOUR* time zone.. Let people finish, it helps everyone when things roll out right. :)

It was said ... "You've all been speculating some interesting guesses for February's daily login character (and some of you have been right on the money!), but Kylo Ren will be the daily Login character for February, complete with some exciting new improvements"

When they say for February, it is implied by February. It is February 1 and the business day is almost over even on West Coast.
  • Options

It was said ... "You've all been speculating some interesting guesses for February's daily login character (and some of you have been right on the money!), but Kylo Ren will be the daily Login character for February, complete with some exciting new improvements"

When they say for February, it is implied by February. It is February 1 and the business day is almost over even on West Coast.

It is 3:36 PM on the west coast right now.. how is that even "almost over"?

.. and "for Feb" can mean "anytime in Feb", (Just saying..) :/

• Options
    I for one am happy to hear that they're taking the extra time to fix any issues and troubleshoot/test
  • Options

Its people that take stances like "OMG **** it's Feb why the hell isn't the update out!?!?!?!" why we can't have estimated release dates cause devs in any game get so much flack if they miss a deadline. Then god forbid they release it on time but slightly buggy and those people have pitch forks yelling ****, why would you release a patch with so many bugs. Devs can't win in those situations.... just sit tight and we'll get the update when its ready!!
  • Options

Kozi said Feb 1st we find out who the sith is.

As for the other stuff I couldn't care less about a delay always good to take care when rolling out new stuff
  • Options

5 o clock is the end of the business day, sparky.
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    Options

Not everyone works 9-5
  • Kozispoon
    3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
    Options
    Its up! we're live! AAAAAAAA
    Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
  • Options
    MBL_66 wrote: »

Not everyone works 9-5

That is especially true in game dev. That being said I'd still not expect anything till tomorrow.
This discussion has been closed.