The Citadel Pack (Comments and Questions) ***MEGATHREAD***

Replies

• Options
    Weaver9 wrote: »
    First of all @BentWookiee thank you for making a megathered. This is a good way to collate feedback and much better (for you) than monitoring 15 threads an hour. Also makes us feel heard.

Secondly, @CG_Kozispoon and @CG_CapGaSP thank you both for the community engagement as well as the fun event. I dont know your Product Managers, but here's some feedback for them:
    Pack is just a bit too rich for my blood. If it was a minimum 10 shards or you were guaranteed X shards on first purchase that'd be a different story. I understand they're balancing the price with the Omega material, but the main draw to the pack is the shards. I feel like making us pay premium for the Omega isent necessary. Perhaps in the future run a mock A/B test with two packs. One being "Premium" with better potential drops and better minimums, and the other "Basic" along the lines of normal pack drop rates.
    Idk how your sales numbers will pan out... but my gut tells me the pack will still sell, but the people who bought it would have bought this Premium pack anyway. Instead you'll be missing out from people who would have bought (multiple) a 1199 pack.

Lastly, everyone else: if you're unhappy with the pack, simply say so here. Please follow the guidelines @BentWookiee set forth, and you will be heard much more clearly than if you just rage. It's a pack, don't blow this out of proportion, instead make sure to tell them what they did right and where you feel things didn't work out for you personally.

+1
  • Options
    Buy it just for the 250k credits
  • Options
    phatphil3 wrote: »
    Can we please stop with the bashing of the devs in this situation? It is getting nobody anywhere and frankly won’t do anything to change their minds. If you are unhappy about the prices post a complaint in a respectful, contrite, professional way or don’t at all. It’s pathetic that as a player base we are expecting free handouts all the time. I understand the frustrations that everyone was looking forward to using these new characters and getting them to seven stars but EA does have to make money. We’ve been begging and begging for these two toons to come since before Rogue One hit the big screen. Of course they’re going to be expensive because our demand for them was through the roof. SWGOH is a free download but is a freemium game, the more you pay the more you will have. They want these toons to be exclusive to the elite players who are paying the bills for the majority of the player base. I look forward to when these toons are farmable and in the meantime I will focus on the toons I am gearing up now.

Haha...Free handouts? I think people are just expecting value for money.

A AAA title costs what $60 these days, the difference between expecting value and being gouged for $1000 for a single character is quite something

Don't know about anyone else but I miss the days when you went out purchased a game and got the whole game, not half a game with the rest at additional cost.

• Options
    Ok, I'm just gonna say this: The ShoreTrooper/Scarrif countdown to Rogue One packs were actually a good deal. It would have been really neat to see something along that bargain.

Why am I saying it was a bargain? The Shore/Scariff essentially was 4 packs in 1: it was 1 of the mega credits pack, 1 of the mega training droid packs, and 2 of the single chromium packs, that also guaranteed specific characters. The minimum drop for the toons was the standard drop (10 shard), but you essentially had the capability to have anywhere from 1 to 4 'extra' packs. When you summed up the cost of those individual packs, it was actually more than the shore/scariff pack. So right there, you were actually saving about $2.00-ish (IIRC), and being guaranteed specific drops. Plus, any shards beyond 10 was a 350 crystal 'bonus' per interval of 10.

FWIW, the TeamSkunk servers are going bonkers over this.
  • Options
    If you want to burn money.. go ahead oO
  • Options
    I'm honesty trying to be constructive. The game has taken a lot of really good steps forward recently and I want to see this game be successful and last a long time. The damage has been done this morning but what do you guys think could remidy this other than a price reduction I proposed?

That is a good attitude, instead of being angry, being positive and propose solutions. The problem is that they only listen to money. Do you remember the original mod debacle and TI's response? After that they acted within hours. However, many other problems, issues, unbalances or bugs has been reported systematically for long time, and never been properly addressed. That's why I am so skeptic.
  • Options
    Don't do it lol pack is horrendous
  • Options
    I like spending money on this game. I've spent thousands on things that are a bit more guaranteed. I can't afford gambling on the chance for shard that will end up costing me 5x more than what they originally were worth in ard packs. There is also no guarantees for the consumer these won't go f2p, be needed etc. I will keep spending money on this game if you give me something more secure to purchase.
  • Options
    I was surprised how expensive it is. 3k crystals has got to be a joke.
  • Options
    "Discouraging other users from making in game purchases"

well that won't be a problem, the latest packs do that for us ... ^^
  • Options
    Lmfao
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    They will not change anything.

Typical moce launch things on a Friday and come in Monday and ignore any "feedback" on forum...

• Options
    That is why I put the article together - to evaluate it fairly. There is nothing fair about it.
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    Options
    It's an obvious rip off, but I guess some people just can't resist the temptation.
  • Options
    The pack is WAY too expensive. $600-$1000 for 2 toons is crazy. Long time EA spender and I Refuse to buy this pack
  • Options
    So there is a theory that to have a successful business you need to not rely on a few big investors as if one goes you can't keep afloat.

Now taking this if you have 100 people spend £10 each you get £1000. If you have 10 people spend £100 each you also get £1000 so they are equal however one has a lot more chance of staying as the loss of 1 person would be £990 or £900 income.

The better method is to work on getting a cheaper system and having more PTP players than having stupidly overpriced things for a few PTP and the rest going FTP.

For even general FTP players £20-30 a month is fine but £1000 is just ridiculous. You should do some studies but I bet if you massively reduced the prices you charge you would make more money short term because more than the discounted multiple will purchase and in the long term because your game would still exist. If it continues on this level of expense it is likely to make people quit at a much quicker rate because it is just not achievable.
  • Options
    As long as people spend the money they will keep doing it. Speak with your wallet.
  • Options
    The problem is just that you forgot the #1 rule about buying packs !
  • Options
    To EA: I truly miss Aurodium Packs. They were modestly priced and whales could be whales without feeling horrible about their purchases. I have disposable income to spend on this game but I can't in my conscience spend to this level. I know others will but they will likely have remorse afterwards. I urge you to reconsider this model.
    Respectfully,
    ottodidact
  • DeeRod12
    386 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Spending money on this game last few months have been a complete joke... The amount of players I see quiting and going ftp has to be a good 60%
  • Options
    I have to concur with many of the previous posts, in that, I cannot see myself paying this cost. I understand that there has to be price tuning and I appreciate that it takes time and putting something out there to see the feedback and purchase numbers. As one post pointed out, jumping from 50 or 80 crystals per shard to 300 is a bit much imo
  • Kage
    27 posts Member
    Options
    don't hit buy button,that all...
  • ptr
    173 posts Member
    Options
    tenor.gif
  • Options
    RE: Citadel Pack

It would appear the avg price tag on these heroes, as a package to 7*, is between $600-$1000 USD (depending on your luck).

I'm sure new players, looking to invest, will find this price acceptable and long time spenders or past spenders will find it a grudge buy to unacceptable.

I'd honestly feel a price tag of around $200 per new Hero to 7* is something that would not cause alarm or much unrest for new and old players.

Personally, I would most likely not even buy into a $200 new product, but I believe a healthy amount of possible spenders would.

(I understand there are other rare resources to take into consideration, but 99% of the players overlook those when looking at these price tag packs. I'd suggest removing the extra resources, or dulling them down, if it helps reduce the pack cost.)

I'm happy with my collection, and have settled for enjoying a slow grind at this point.

Thanks for reading.
  • Options
    EA are very shrewd. Don't underestimate their business model. They know exactly what they are doing. Let's see who has the last laugh.

Right. Cause Modgate never happened....
  • Options
    If ever I missed aurodium packs it's now
  • dad2my3
    1561 posts Member
    Options
    The people who pay for this are going to irritate me in the arena.
  • Options
    I almost bought a couple of vaults last night in preparation for the release, but I am glad I didn't. I feel insulted. I will never spend a dime on this game again and most likely will un-install. This price makes me like we are getting taken advantage of. I've lost much respect for this company.
  • Xioborg
    405 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I'm sorry I'm going to have to pass on this pack.

I've collected most toons on launch, chromium / direct packs, refreshes on stores, or completed their build out after a tourney using the top up packs. I'd already geared up DT to Gear XI / DK to X and was excited about the pack launch, as I centre on dark side toons. My Zader was stoked about these two joining the team.

That said, knowing that other toons will no doubt be launched that may most probably counter or make these two obsolete, 2999 crystals is too high. 599 or 1199 I'd have probably maxed within a few mins however given the UK iOS crystal hikes, the tripling in cost is too far.

Given the investment I've made to date, and enjoyment this has brought, I worry that trend will continue as it's not sustainable as a P2P player.

Regards,
    Xio

Xio
  • RJ__Brando
    1500 posts Moderator
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Stormy wrote: »
    RE: Citadel Pack

It would appear the avg price tag on these heroes, as a package to 7*, is between $600-$1000 USD (depending on your luck).

I'm sure new players, looking to invest, will find this price acceptable and long time spenders or past spenders will find it a grudge buy to unacceptable.

I'd honestly feel a price tag of around $200 per new Hero to 7* is something that would not cause alarm or much unrest for new and old players.

Personally, I would most likely not even buy into a $200 new product, but I believe a healthy amount of possible spenders would.

(I understand there are other rare resources to take into consideration, but 99% of the players overlook those when looking at these price tag packs. I'd suggest removing the extra resources, or dulling them down, if it helps reduce the pack cost.)

I'm happy with my collection, and have settled for enjoying a slow grind at this point.

Thanks for reading.

Agreed $200 per character is fair.

Replace omega material mats with F2P supporting character shards (in this case empire characters such as tfp, tarkin, rg, etc.)

Edit: Another possibility for a duo Release would be to have two separate packs for each character with the crystal cost slightly higher ($250 range) and one discounted pack that would be around $400 to max both
This discussion has been closed.