The Citadel Pack (Comments and Questions) ***MEGATHREAD***

Replies

• Options
    It is getting crazy, people need to get some perspective, you could get say Star Wars Battlefront on a console (at launch) with a season pass for a years content updates for what $75, expecting $1000 for a character in a pretty simplistic mobile game is absolutely bananas...hell the aurodiums were bananas.

It's sad how the world has changed, I remember when in game purchasing became a thing, first it was expansions set price, significant content, that's fine. Then it was "micro transactions" relatively small value purchases, can live with that. Sadly that's escalated to outright predatory behaviour, I have no idea why this isn't regulated as it's gambling however you dress it up.
  • Options
    Krazekiote wrote: »
    Thanks for killing the game for me EA. After spending nearly 20k on this game, I'm done. Bought 5 packs today and got all 5 shards in each. You gotta be pretty money hungry to feel you need to increase the priced and drop rates for the P2P players to advance. Tell ya what... I'm done with you greedy b@$+@rd$! Not spending another dime!

Sincerely, when your "Krackens" are revolting, I think you may need to inform your marketing/finance department they may have missed the mark on this promotion.

"Nobody makes money catching whales, people make money catching shrimp" Jack Ma, Founder of Alibaba

@CG_CapGaSP
    @CG_Kozispoon
    @CG_JohnSalera
  • Options
    20€ plus 200 shards is too much for shard drops, even the tie attack is to much, instead of putting a random value make a simple calculation on how much it would cost the bad average and the best shard drops (making %drops better even if that's needed) but giving the whales at least an amount that isn't that expensive, im a pure f2p because i can't pay, I'm still caring to farm those only available in the shop ,like ewok scout, hoth rebel soldier, and others, also the tournament only characters chirut, jyn and others still to be released in cards, if they do the find option don't show
    "I don't search for bugs, they find me and beat me endlessly" - JarDorK
    My views are my own... except when they are wrong... then it's jar jar's fault

Pure F2P at heart
  • Options
    Any new hero in Heroes of the Storm, a MUCH better game, with a hero that u can really play against other ppl, and not vs AI, costs 9.99$ !!!!!!!
    This is 100 times less then a hero here.
    In HoTS the hero lasts forever, here a hero has a low span of life.
    That is also a free game, and if u want u can buy the hero with gold.
    The price difference is something i cannot even describe.
  • Options
    bad drop rate and very expensive for the shards, please CG Do not be so greedy The people are not stupid and are getting angry
  • Vampire_X
    1435 posts Moderator
    Options
    alot of solid feedback on this thread, lets keep that going and not make things personal or insult-a-thons

we have great minds in the community and seeing a lot of them posting civilly on an issue that is provoking so much emotion is a good thing, hope that continues going forward.
    Wicked Sith Queen with the Pink Saber
  • Options
    Death trooper is so bugged, it also complicates to sell the pack, together with the ultra high prices.
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I came home drunk last night at like 4am and when I saw the price I thought "they must be joking" so then I proceeded to pass out. I wake up this morning thinking that it was all a dream or that maybe I just saw the wrong pack but no, turns out it's just a real life nightmare. The price for these packs are beyond unreasonable, to the point where I'm sure even the guys implementing these into the game were thinking "****." It took almost 6 months for you guys to win me back as a paying customer after the mods fiasco and in less than a month you've closed my wallet again. I really do miss the days when I could purchase the Auro packs every month to get the latest character and the higher drop rate for new characters in chrome packs. I should've seen something like this coming though when I saw what happened with Baze and the Falcon then the equally insane price of the new tie attack pack. Now normally I would say that I'll just stick to buying refreshes and gear but this has become a very problematic pattern so you won't be seeing any of my money unless I see some changes soon.
  • Xeacon
    18 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Way overpriced pack. No issues in spending money on a hobby and a game like Star Wars but this is insulting. My cents.
  • SeeeD
    141 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    After the anticipated release of DT and Director Krennic I was very excited to get these guys geared up to have a fighting chance in arena. I have been hoarding crystals for the Citadel Pack so that I could realistically get Krennic at least to 5 stars. I should not have assumed the Citadel Pack would be 599 or 1199 crystals. If you do the math, spending $100 on the Citadel Pack will (most likely situation) get you only 15 shards for each character. Buying between 16-17 packs you would be able to 7* Krennic (worst case scenerio) which would cost $1600-1700. The thing that I was trying to get to is Darth Nihlius. For all we know, Nihlius could quickly end this rising Empire meta in its tracks. But how will Nihlius be released? Will we have to spend money to get him to 7* as well? I am getting more and more disappointed and worried about the future of this game for FTP and even PTP players. I don't think any of us (including PTP) want to spend this much on a character that will be not as viable within a month. That being said, I do really enjoy this game. I play this game everyday and I believe there is no better Star Wars Mobile Game. It just seems like no matter how much I invest in this game, I would have to spend money to keep up with everyone. Thoughts?

You can bet that they will charge Nihilus heavily
    Post edited by Mageduckey on
  • Options
    I saw a datamine of this pack on reddit, without the price.

When I saw that credits and an omega had been bundled in I thought: 'oh great, they've put those things in that we don't really want to buy so that they can jack up the price, it's probably going to be about 1,200 crystals now'.

In other words I thought it was going to be 1,200, and I thought 1,200 would be a rip off.

3,000? No words.

• Serya
    334 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Wow.... just wow
  • Options
    Sadly this is about the worst deal yet. They create OP Rebel synergy, offer something to counter it to the tune of 3-4x the normal shard cost.

Honestly very disappointed.
  • Options
    If this was 10 shots at 5-30 shards for 1500 crystals. Then I would think it would be worth it. 5 shots for krennic, 5 for dt.
  • danrussoa
    964 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Stormy wrote: »
    RE: Citadel Pack

It would appear the avg price tag on these heroes, as a package to 7*, is between $600-$1000 USD (depending on your luck).

I'm sure new players, looking to invest, will find this price acceptable and long time spenders or past spenders will find it a grudge buy to unacceptable.

I'd honestly feel a price tag of around $200 per new Hero to 7* is something that would not cause alarm or much unrest for new and old players.

Personally, I would most likely not even buy into a $200 new product, but I believe a healthy amount of possible spenders would.

(I understand there are other rare resources to take into consideration, but 99% of the players overlook those when looking at these price tag packs. I'd suggest removing the extra resources, or dulling them down, if it helps reduce the pack cost.)

I'm happy with my collection, and have settled for enjoying a slow grind at this point.

Thanks for reading.[/quote
  • Options
    Suggestion, If you made the pack actually feel like the consumer was winning, like an avg of 10-15 shards of the 5-30 shard chance on average, it would be a win for The company and the customer imo. Instead it's 5 shards majority of the packs and that's discouraging and frustrating.
    IGN: RANKMAN
    Line: xSNAKEMAN
  • Options
    I applaud the return of the economic divide!!

However, a g-note is a stout lump for two toons and I'm really wanting to slap a supercharger on my pick up, bucket list item, so I guess I will have to accept my place on the economic food chain!

'ouTdan r
  • Options
    This pack is totally insanely priced just like the Vader ship one. Watching the smithie video backed that up. Holy cow. $800 for two toons is totally crazy
  • Darth_Jay77
    3163 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I love it, express your opinions but nothing negative. This pack is the biggest kick in the knee since the game's release and we've already had a few. Whomever sets the pricing for these packs is out of their mind.
    Post edited by BentWookiee on
  • Phipps
    1107 posts Member
    Options
    Somehow made every whale in our guild f2p.....speechless

-Mighty Chlorians
  • Options
    When did it begin to be OK to charge hundreds upon hundreds of dollars for in game characters in a mobile game? Everything was already ludicrously priced, and yet, it's taken even further it seems every few months culminating at this Citadel pack. $30 for 10 shards, I really can't fathom the thought behind decisions like this. If we were to all jump back some years when dlc for games started, and people were revolting over it. I wonder what we would have thought about the state of the mobile game market we have now. All this feels like to me is a cash grab, and a huge fu to the player base. I love this game, and am very sad to see it delving this low.
  • Options
    The 3000/pack made it very easy for me to decide not to purchase any packs (this is coming from someone who has spent untold thousands on this game in the past... )

In fact, I'm taking the same tact as @MBL_66 and not spending any more money until we see some concrete changes in the pricing strategy. There are always other ways to spend our disposable income, and other companies to support.
  • Options
    1500 crystals, 10×5-10 shards (5 chances each)
    I'd have bought the holy hell out of that.
  • Options
    Too little bang for the buck, if got full character like TIE pack, might buy 1. No more than one. Recommend return of Aurodium if doing this style of pack, those were decent. The little bit of credits and an omega aren't worth triple the cost. On the plus side, thanks for fixing First Order and making them fun.
  • Darth_Amarth
    354 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    [Comments removed]
    This is really overpriced. I'm F2P. I've only spent $30 in this game and it was a while ago, so it really doesn't count. But I wanted to actually invest a bit in this duo for several reasons. But that price... I won't buy anything. What's the logic behind it? You can actually get more money if you sell cheap to many people, instead of expensive stuff that only whales can (never mind "want") buy.
  • Options
    I have to be honest, I don't get the rage about this.
    The pack is priced so out of proportion that the vast majority of us will never even consider purchasing it. They might as well have called it a million dollars for all I am concerned - it's not like it's "just slightly" more than I would consider paying, it's so far out there that buying it is completely out of my head now. It doesn't even make me angry, I just understand that I will have to continue my game without these characters. And if it gets to the point where this type of investment becomes mandatory to remain competitive, I will re-evaluate things then.

Second, I think this is a bit of a marketing ploy. There is a sales tactic whereby a seller will show you something for an extravagent price, knowing you are not likely to buy it. But it serves to mentally condition your brain to think about numbers that big. That way when they offer a pack for 1199 crystals, your brain perceives it as a "bargain" and you are way more likely to purchase it. Just look for yourselves, that Nightsisters pack doesn't look nearly as ridiculous as it did last week, does it?
  • Options
    I'm sure that, as a poster on these forums, I'm hated by CG. I used to put together those big long threads calling CG out when I saw them blatantly exploiting their customers (that's what most of us are, not players).

But CG shouldn't hate me. I have virtually every character at 7*, I have a 5* Falcon and I've spent a 5-figure sum on this game - twice over. I accepted some pretty bad deals in the past, but the Rogue One pack containing Chirrut shards - which awarded predominantly Bistan and Pathfinder shards - was the final wake-up call that stopped me spending. I recall that was a couple of vaults for 10 Chirrut shards, that's how insane the pricing was.

This was after the purposely misleading Baze chromium release, when drop rates for the new character were nerfed for the first time in history (I believe one of my guildmates paid over $3k for Baze, then he was released in the shard shop a week later - just try to imagine how he felt, and others like him).

Instead of learning from this, or listening to the backlash, the 3k ship bundle was released with 8 shards per pack and was universally condemned. Instead of listening to yet another backlash, this virtually identical Citadel pack is released just days later.

So, do I believe anything will come of this thread? No, I don't. CG have proved over 12 months that they listen to their economy manager and nobody else. The price of these packs now benefits me in two ways - it makes my decision not to spend so much easier and also minimises the number of opponents in my arena running these characters. This suits me just fine.

Anyway, as a borderline kraken, CG have completely lost me as a spender. I can afford these prices, but to pay them would require me to give up my remaining self respect, and I'm no longer willing to do so. I continue to play this game for one reason alone, that I'm part of the greatest guild I could ever have imagined - a guild renowned for spending, by the way, with many of its players now unified in their view of CG and its pricing strategy.

The basis of any relationship is give and take. When it's all take and no give, the relationship breaks down. I think this pack was the final straw, the damage done today cannot be reversed.
  • Options
    I was fully ready to buy 2-3 crates to 7* these guys. Now, I'm regretting taking DT to g11 and wasting all my Mats. He now joins Chirrut in the can't raid otherwise maxed category.

EA and the customers both lose here... it's simple math on pricing: $ / unit X units sold = $Total Revenue. Judging by the thread here and the vibe over on the team skunk server, units sold is going to be very low and customers feel abused and disappointed. EA is losing both now and in the future by alienating the customer base.

EA could have made a lot more money and secured a happier dolphin/small whale customer base at a 1,199 crystal price point for the same package.

I'm glad Smithie D posted the video of pack openings. 5-30 shards implies you can get something in between. But it's either 5 or 30 with the 30 hitting very rarely. Just an awful value and mislead.
  • Options
    Was thinking about another vault, on the fence trying to convince myself not to buy it... Job well done ea/cg. My decision has been made and my money is staying snug in my wallet.
  • Options
    I've also spent several thousand on this game. I felt bad buying the one tie reaper ship pack... at least I got a ship out of that. I won't touch the citadel pack with a ten foot pole.
This discussion has been closed.