Updates, when?

Replies

• Kozispoon
    3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    AtlasMKx wrote: »
    Didn't I read yesterday the update was already in the hands of Apple/Google? I really just want to know if I should do my GW battles now, because I've got almost no time left to play. I don't mind waiting, but I hate not getting updates from EA/CG until the end of the day.

You read someone's speculation about the situation. People on the Internet can be unreliable.

The person making the updates is not the same person making the decisions, they may not know until the end of the day. Even awesome people have to wait for others sometimes, right @CG_Kozispoon. :smile:

tumblr_n73ovzMOkq1smcbm7o1_250.gif
    The wait is real.
    But during this uncommon delay, we've definitely taken community feedback to heart and have been reading your posts. I know folks have been looking for a post by post ETA by CG via the Game Updates section, but we really want to avoid spam and reserve that spot for relevant and pertinent info.
    That said, going forward I'll be sticky-ing (sticky-ing-ing??) an 'Update Status' post in General soon so we all have a one stop shop for all things Game Update should future unforseen delays begin to loom. Cheers!

Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
  • Options
    Truckin wrote: »
    Sorry,
    No. I don't feel they deserve a break. It's a business...period...out to make money.....so why should there be a break provided? Communication (Along with many other things) is paramount for players and this situation is no exception. No....no break.

Do you feel that someone giving a waitress/waiter heck because their food isn't coming out when it's supposed to is right?

That the waitress job. To solve problems on the floor, so bad analogy to use.

I the paying customer, want only to know, when can we expect the updates to happen.

If it's delayed 3 months, fine. Just tell us.

Pretty simple.

• Bulldog1205
    3573 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options

Uhm...Where can I find these daily updates?
  • Eclipso
    199 posts Member
    Options
    I'm fine with having to wait again however for me its more of an issue with them waiting to communicate till the end of the day. One communication earlier keeping us updated would have done a ton.
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options
    DatBoi wrote: »
    This is why EA/CG chooses not to always be as transparent as possible. If something goes wrong on their end, there aren't riots as a result. If they had just said, "update will be out soon" or "update goes live next week" everything would be fine

fine if you are free to play. why would you expect anything.

As far as I myself go, I have invested plenty, to the point that I know I've paid more then enough to pay a devs salary for a few months. So sorry if it seems rude if me to expect to be well informed .

Because I DO.

Except you don't get to complain about a lack of transparency or communication then get mad when stuff like this happens.
  • Options
    warmonkey wrote: »
    Seriously?

Come on.. if they do communicate and something happens BEYOND THEIR CONTROL even.. people get up in arms. If they say nothing PEOPLE GET UP IN ARMS. It's just a Lose\Lose.

This has been a really unique week, people have been trying very hard to get this stuff out. :/

Can we just give them a break?

Please?

Nooooooooooooooooo!

Then it wouldn't be funny anymore! :smiley: j/k
    Btw it is always a lose/lose even if everything went perfectly. People would still complain about downloading and restarting the app cause it took "ALMOST FIVE MINUTES!!!

Or they were in the middle of an arena battle, or simming the training droid challenge. It's always something
  • spotremix
    1566 posts Member
    Options
    spotremix wrote: »
    self entitlement, unlimited self entitlement

Haha, preached in Darth Sidious voice of course.

of course, none other :)
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    NicolBolas wrote: »
    Sorry,
    No. I don't feel they deserve a break. It's a business...period...out to make money.....so why should there be a break provided? Communication (Along with many other things) is paramount for players and this situation is no exception. No....no break.

Do you feel that someone giving a waitress/waiter heck because their food isn't coming out when it's supposed to is right?

Do you feel that the waiter/waitress should let the customer know if the food is coming out late? Should the waiter/waitress given an estimation of when the food might come out, or admit it if he/she has no idea?

A business is seen as a whole, not the sum of its parts. If you dine at restaurant that has impeccable service, but horrendous food, would you return?

They did give us updates.... and an estimation.... people still seem to think it's ok.

• Options
    Didn't I read yesterday the update was already in the hands of Apple/Google? I really just want to know if I should do my GW battles now, because I've got almost no time left to play. I don't mind waiting, but I hate not getting updates from EA/CG until the end of the day.

You read someone's speculation about the situation. People on the Internet can be unreliable.

The person making the updates is not the same person making the decisions, they may not know until the end of the day. Even awesome people have to wait for others sometimes, right @CG_Kozispoon. :smile:

The wait is real.
    But during this uncommon delay, we've definitely taken community feedback to heart and have been reading your posts. I know folks have been looking for a post by post ETA by CG via the Game Updates section, but we really want to avoid spam and reserve that spot for relevant and pertinent info.
    That said, going forward I'll be sticky-ing (sticky-ing-ing??) an 'Update Status' post in General soon so we all have a one stop shop for all things Game Update should future unforseen delays begin to loom. Cheers!

Did someone get you guys coffee?... I'd ship you some, but it would probably be late arriving... And cold...
  • spotremix
    1566 posts Member
    Options
    Sorry,

Do you feel that the waiter/waitress should let the customer know if the food is coming out late? Should the waiter/waitress given an estimation of when the food might come out, or admit it if he/she has no idea?

A business is seen as a whole, not the sum of its parts. If you dine at restaurant that has impeccable service, but horrendous food, would you return?

i expect the waiter/waitress to take my order, bring me my food and drink and refill my drink. nothing more, nothing less.

if impeccable service is more important than the food then yes i would return. likewise if the service was horrendous but the food was impeccable i would return if he food was more important than the service.

• Options
    Sorry,

Yes,
    I sure do...if no communication was provided or update about the delay in service or serving of the food. Absolutely.

• 1AmYourFath3r
    3103 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    This is why EA/CG chooses not to always be as transparent as possible. If something goes wrong on their end, there aren't riots as a result. If they had just said, "update will be out soon" or "update goes live next week" everything would be fine

As far as I myself go, I have invested plenty, to the point that I know I've paid more then enough to pay a devs salary for a few months. So sorry if it seems rude if me to expect to be well informed .

Because I DO.

dude, get off your high horse and give it a **** break. If you lost out on anything, that's on you, no one else.
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    Options
    Waiting can be tough. In the meantime, keep track of your daily reset and make sure you finish your GW in time....before reset.
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • Options
    Sorry,

i expect the waiter/waitress to take my order, bring me my food and drink and refill my drink. nothing more, nothing less.

if impeccable service is more important than the food then yes i would return. likewise if the service was horrendous but the food was impeccable i would return if he food was more important than the service.

Now, would your response be different if you had gotten the meal for free versus if you paid $500 for the meal?
  • Options
    I'd bet the house that if this update had a new pack they were selling it would be out
    Noodles
  • iHATeMolEliza
    141 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I got my post removed because I was trying to be funny
  • spotremix
    1566 posts Member
    Options
    Sorry,

Now, would your response be different if you had gotten the meal for free versus if you paid $500 for the meal?

nope same response
  • Options
    The last two updates have been Delayed.

The previous one blamed on some "New partners"

I feel its time to dump these partners its **** off your costumers
  • Options
    It's out!!

Newp
  • Options

The wait is real.

Holy cow, I've never been responded to on a forum like this before. I really appreciate it and sorry I didn't realize the info the other day was false. A sticky in general would be amazing for things like this. In the end, all a lot of us want is communication. Here's to hoping we'll get the update soon, but whatever happens, happens.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Sorry,

I the paying customer, want only to know, when can we expect the updates to happen.

Pretty simple.

It's the perfect analogy, people give he'll to the person they see and "blame" when they have no control over the out come. No matter how clearly they communicate (which they have) they are not in control and don't deserve anything other then a little patience.
  • Taco
    446 posts Member
    Options
    So not coming today then?
  • Hakoda
    70 posts Member
    Options
    Sorry,

Pretty simple.

Sorry bro, this is wrong. That's the manager's job.
  • scuba
    14081 posts Member
    Options

The wait is real.

Excellent idea! Thanks for this!
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Hakoda wrote: »
    Sorry,

Pretty simple.

Sorry bro, this is wrong. That's the manager's job.

Thank you.
  • Options

Because I DO.

Funny Story.. but the first thing I was told when i was made a "Mod".. "it does not matter if people are F2P or P2P.. everyone matters, no one has a lesser or bigger voice."

I thought that was pretty cool...

After seeing your comment now I KNOW it was really cool.. EVERY PLAYER REALLY MATTERS.

(as far as the whole "I pay your salary thing: try saying that to a Cop next time you get pulled over.. good luck with that :/ )

• Options
    Everyone's voice matters now, before that it was laughable. Steps in the right direction though.
  • warmonkey
    1314 posts Member
    Options
    I got my post removed because I was trying to be funny

So far this is my favorite post in here.

#WINNING
  • Options

Because I DO.

Funny Story.. but the first thing I was told when i was made a "Mod".. "it does not matter if people are F2P or P2P.. everyone matters, no one has a lesser or bigger voice."

I thought that was pretty cool...

After seeing your comment now I KNOW it was really cool.. EVERY PLAYER REALLY MATTERS.

(as far as the whole "I pay your salary thing: try saying that to a Cop next time you get pulled over.. good luck with that :/ )

@BentWookiee it really is cool...... another company Kabam has this thing where the ammount you have spent shows up on the Ticket you send to thier support team.

To me that showed they only care about those who spend.... and often showed bias on the forum towards comments made by thier top spenders.

Lets just say theres a reason im playing this game and not the other game now.

• Taco
    446 posts Member
    Options
    Anyone wants soda while we wait or beer, we got plenty
This discussion has been closed.