Why do we hate Rebels so much(TV show)

Replies

• Options
    I love the show except for a few things:
    Helicopter Lightsabers
    The fact that the lightsabers are really thin. Try blocking a blaster bolt with that.
    Helicopter Lightsabers
    Thrawn doesn't look like the Chiss from the EU
    Helicopter Lightsabers
  • Options
    rcohen19 wrote: »
    Helicopter Lightsabers
    The fact that the lightsabers are really thin. Try blocking a blaster bolt with that.
    Helicopter Lightsabers
    Helicopter Lightsabers

"Helicopter" lightsabers appeared only in 1 episode and are by far one of the least ridiculous things when it comes down to the Star Wars universe.
    Thrawn looks good.
    The lightsabers might be thin, but so are the blaster bolts.
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options
    Helicopter Lightsabers
    Helicopter Lightsabers
    Helicopter Lightsabers

Try blocking a blaster bolt with a normal lightsaber
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    Ratinira wrote: »
    It is cartoon with a plot, characters and graphics designed for a 6-7 year old kids. It is dull, boring, it's good character always win against their s tupid enemies.
    Why should I like it? I`m much older.

Why I hate it? Bacause that is what Star Wars became. Silly cartoon for kidds. What a pitty... :-(

┳┻|
    ┻┳|
    ┳┻|
    ┻┳|
    ┳┻|
    ┻┳|
    ┳┻| _
    ┻┳| •.•) star wars has always been
    ┳┻|⊂ノ for "kidds"
    ┻┳|
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    I haven't watched any of them but having seen people mention lightsaber helicopters and then gone and looked it up: I never will.

The clip of the lightsaber helicopters nearly made me retch.

Such a disgrace. The fact that it's canon is almost enough to make me quit my entire interest in Star Wars forever.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    DatBoi wrote: »
    Helicopter Lightsabers
    Helicopter Lightsabers
    Helicopter Lightsabers

I can't because neither one actually exists.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Gamorrean
    2745 posts Member
    Options
    Darax_ren wrote: »
    I haven't watched any of them but having seen people mention lightsaber helicopters and then gone and looked it up: I never will.

Such a disgrace. The fact that it's canon is almost enough to make me quit my entire interest in Star Wars forever.

How about give it a try and get your own opinion?
    You guys are like those who watch movies based on rotten tomatoes score.
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options
    NicWester wrote: »
    Helicopter Lightsabers
    Helicopter Lightsabers
    Helicopter Lightsabers

I can't because neither one actually exists.
    Exactly, which is why that person's argument is invalid
  • Options
    Darax_ren wrote: »

So you'll never watch it based on something that happened in ONE episode over a period of THREE SEASONS? Wow... Some people are just not cut out to be Star Wars fans...
    Enjoy your Star Trek then! :D
  • Options
    Supercat wrote: »
    Supercat wrote: »
    Characters are terribly cliche, light saber design, the rework or a lot of canon (something I'm bitter about with Star Wars as a whole, not necessarily rebels).

The first couple seasons were horribly kid friendly as opposed to clone wars which could also appeal to adults (im 27). But I'll admit I've seen a few newer episodes and I can at least watch without getting bored.

I think the idea of inquisitors is just **** and they are bath vey forgettable and I never felt like they had the gravitas of a true sith or enemy figure.

Maul- he should be dead. Let it go! Also a Star Wars as a whole problem, not rebels exactly

It's bad.

Other points:
    1. Why does Sabine, an unaccomplished, fail "mandolorian" get the DarkSaber (which maul had)?
    2. Why do they always win?
    3. Why are the empire dumb?
    4. Why does Ahsoka fight for the rebels even though she said she has no side??????????????
    5. Why did they canonize clone mindchips?
    6. Why was trash in rouge one?
    7. When will Disney get an original idea?
    8. When will Sith Lord Jar Jar actually be used (much better than what they currently do)
    9. A lightSABER cannot fire BLASTER bolts.
    10. KANAN isn't a JEDI, he is a PADAWAN.

1. Finders keepers
    2. Because its a children's TV show and it has to go on
    3. Only until season 3
    4. Because she still does what she thinks is right
    5. Because order 66 makes absolutely no sense in the prequels (and they were already canon bc of CW)
    6. Dont know what you're saying
    7. They stick to what people have liked in the past. But there are still plenty of original characters.
    8. Dont be a troll
    9. Says who? You dont get to complain about disney not having original ideas then complain when they add something new. Pick one
    10. Yes, kanan wasn't a jedi knight when the order fell and it makes him an interesting character. When hes teaching ezra he makes mistakes because he isnt some jedi master. Hes just a run of the mill jedi without crazy special abilities. This makes him an engaging character. Even if you dont like him, i fail to see how mentioning a fact about his character is a criticism of the show.

1. Maul had it
    2. So, TCW was a children's show, as were the movies and they killed people
    3. Can't do it for two seasons and expect me to watch 3
    4. If she did what she thinks is right she would fight the Sith, not wage a war
    5. Makes total sense, clones were trained to follow orders
    6. Trash (rebels) is in rouge one
    7. Maul and the dark saber make 0 sense, they should invent new chars and stop copying
    8. How am I trolling? Jar Jar is a Sith Lord
    9. Because it's a terrible idea. If it could, the kaiburrr crystals should run out of energy quickly from firing it all away
    10. Because they call him a JEDI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1. Yes he HAD it. He lost it. She found it.
    2. Rebels has killed people too
    3. First couple season of TCW were quite crap too
    4. How do you suggest she does that? Stroll into the death star on her own? The sith own the empire which owns the galaxy
    5. Still missing the point that the chips in clones were canonised onscreen in TCW, so if you think that's one of the top 10 reasons rebels sucks then kindly direct that 1/10th towards your precious TCW instead
    6. Because it doesn't matter what you think, it's canon now. So is AOTC and that isn't just a terrible star wars movie it's a terrible movie in general
    7. Because when they try anything different you perfectly show the average response of most everyone with 9 and 10
    9. It's not real and they didn't go into any detail about how it worked, it's not even stated it's lightsaber energy it fires (it doesn't cut or kill anything, it only stuns. Conclusion is a separate gun is built into the hilt)
    10. Because he is, yoda knighted him. Even before that, he technically is a jedi -a jedi padawan. But how would the empire know he isn't a full jedi anyway?
  • Options
    Because it was created to milk the cow. The storylines are in reality, pointless, because of the originals. Therefore everything that happens in Rebels is unnecessary and nothing more than bloat and filter.
  • Georgemi6
    1236 posts Member
    Options
    The reason rebels is worse than tcw is not as simple as "helicopter light sabers" or "cuz it's for kids." those are still key problems, but it's deeper than that. People say that early episodes of tcw were just as bad as rebels in being for kids, but characters like young ahsoka weren't in every episode because of the way tcw has 3-4 episode story lines, where as rebels has a linear plot, so Ezra has to be in almost every episode. Also, the clone wars had the flexibility and liberty of having multiple villains that they could rotate in and out over several series of episodes, but rebels has their villains for a season then they get killed off. There are other big things, but these are just some main points.
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Because it was created to milk the cow. The storylines are in reality, pointless, because of the originals. Therefore everything that happens in Rebels is unnecessary and nothing more than bloat and filter.

How are they pointless? Your point would (sort of) be valid if the show was only made up of characters from the OT, but even then, their stories would still be interesting. By this logic, Clone Wars would be at even greater fault because we know what happens to the characters before the show even starts. But alas, Clone Wars is still a good show with engaging storylines.

With Rebels, we have no idea what will happen to most of the characters. We know that Hera, Chopper, and the Ghost are around for Rogue One, but we dont even know if they perished or not in the battle of Scarif.

Edit: the quality of a story is not determined by how it ends but in how its told
  • Options
    I think it's a great show, I even thought the helicopter blades were interesting. Sure it's not as good as clone wars but it's still awesome.

The rebels in Rogue One were cool and interesting.

You guys should be less cynical, enjoy life.( Even though heaven will be much better)

It's more fun to like things than to hate things
    BECAUSE I'M BATMAN - me
  • Options

How are they pointless? Your point would (sort of) be valid if the show was only made up of characters from the OT, but even then, their stories would still be interesting. By this logic, Clone Wars would be at even greater fault because we know what happens to the characters before the show even starts. But alas, Clone Wars is still a good show with engaging storylines.

With Rebels, we have no idea what will happen to most of the characters. We know that Hera, Chopper, and the Ghost are around for Rogue One, but we dont even know if they perished or not in the battle of Scarif.

Edit: the quality of a story is not determined by how it ends but in how its told

That may be true, about the uncertainty of the ghost crew, but tcw had plenty of original characters that had uncertain fates. Tcw was more subtle in their introductions though, and didn't just shove a bunch of new people in our face and tell us to watch the show. For example, fives and echo were introduced early on, but through their appearance over several episodes, they became fan favorites. Another advantage tcw had was pre established characters based off of tcw movie, so I guess tcw was better off.
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options
    Georgemi6 wrote: »

That may be true, about the uncertainty of the ghost crew, but tcw had plenty of original characters that had uncertain fates. Tcw was more subtle in their introductions though, and didn't just shove a bunch of new people in our face and tell us to watch the show. For example, fives and echo were introduced early on, but through their appearance over several episodes, they became fan favorites. Another advantage tcw had was pre established characters based off of tcw movie, so I guess tcw was better off.

I'm not arguing the comparative quality of each show, im just saying that i dont think the other person's argument is a valid critique. Just because something is a prequel doesn't mean the storylines are automatically uninteresting or inconsequential. I brought up Clone Wars because even though we know what eventually happens to most of the characters, their stories are usually still really good.
  • Options
    Georgemi6 wrote: »

I'm not arguing the comparative quality of each show, im just saying that i dont think the other person's argument is a valid critique. Just because something is a prequel doesn't mean the storylines are automatically uninteresting or inconsequential. I brought up Clone Wars because even though we know what eventually happens to most of the characters, their stories are usually still really good.
    Fair enough. I don't hate rebels, but it can't hold a candle to tcw
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options
    I honestly don't care what people think of either show, i just care about people's justifications. If you like the prequels or hate Rebels, fine. But you better be able to defend those opinions with real arguments
  • Big_Boss
    2326 posts Member
    Options
    I like it and Kanan is my favorite character there (Besides Obi Wan)
  • Options
    F Bendu and his plot armour lightning

That is all

So disappointed...
  • Options
    I like how the show is building up to the battle Scariff.

They even planned ahead and had the ghost in Rogue 1.

0:02 and 1:36

https://www.youtube.com/v/VxrtaURYwrU
  • Gamorrean
    2745 posts Member
    Options
    SubzeeeDon wrote: »

That is all

So disappointed...

I agree, twin suns should have been the season finale, this was kinda lame... Ok. But still.. @#%!
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options
    Gamorrean wrote: »
    SubzeeeDon wrote: »

That is all

So disappointed...

I agree, twin suns should have been the season finale, this was kinda lame... Ok. But still.. @#%!

Season finales should bookend "chapters" of the central story which in this case is about phoenix squadron. Twin suns is about Obi-Wan and Maul, not phoenix squadron.
  • Jedi_Reach_
    1337 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options

Really none of what you said disproves my post and to add for that matter, Clone Wars is also equally useless. Sorry but not sorry. It's the truth.

Like the show(s) all you want, it makes no difference to the merit.

Take it from someone who works in creative production. They were created to milk the cow and appeal to a new age of Star Wars fans. It doesn't matter what happens in them. The arcs can be the most incredible storytelling in the world and yet they're absolutely pointless in the grand scope because we all know what happens in EP 1-6. And moreso in the case of Rebels, 4-6.

Again, bloat and filter / cash cow milking.

Disney is a globalist corporation, get with the times.
    Post edited by Jedi_Reach_ on
  • Tigzie
    579 posts Member
    Options
    To me it seems to be geared towards a much younger audience. Which is why I gave up on it, there's a lot of stupid stuff in it.
  • Options
    The biggest problem: aladdin. Ofc he had to be in twin suns... they put him in for nothing. The episode would be so much better w/o him.
  • Options
    I can't read this thread. It's gone steadily downhill since rotj came out. The rogue 1 rebels were exceptionally unlikable. They will never bring back the magic of the original. A lonely young man gazing off to the horizon and the heavens, hoping to escape the farm. A princess in distress. A swashbuckling, gun toting, capitalist rogue. All guided by a wise old sage in a pursuit to bring back the light and the Republic. You can't go wrong with the classic story line. Now it's a series of tired spin-offs with wooden characters reminiscent of the shades of grey star trek had become.
  • Tuftedpaper85
    1811 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options

Really none of what you said disproves my post and to add for that matter, Clone Wars is also equally useless. Sorry but not sorry. It's the truth.

Take it from someone who works in creative production. They were created to milk the cow and appeal to a new age of Star Wars fans. It doesn't matter what happens in them. The arcs can be the most incredible storytelling in the world and yet they're absolutely pointless in the grand scope because we all know what happens in EP 1-6. And moreso in the case of Rebels, 4-6.

The prequels were a weird, complicated mess. The Clone wars fleshed them out and made me see they were meant to be a complex story about how a democracy can descend into a dictatorship, the dangers of having a church subservient to the state, and about love and loyalty can be twisted into insecurities that destroy you.

They also made Anakin into a likeable character with some faults, from the whiny, emotional mess that he was portrayed in the films. The clone wars were not useless at all

We already know how the rebellion turns out and rogue one/the original trilogy did a good job of fleshing the story out. Unless characters in rebels will turn out be vital to the plot line of episodes 8 and 9, rebels is nothing more than a cash cow for Disney.
  • Jedi_Reach_
    1337 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options

The prequels were a weird, complicated mess. The Clone wars fleshed them out and made me see they were meant to be a complex story about how a democracy can descend into a dictatorship, the dangers of having a church subservient to the state, and about love and loyalty can be twisted into insecurities that destroy you.

They also made Anakin into a likeable character with some faults, from the whiny, emotional mess that he was portrayed in the films. The clone wars were not useless at all
    You are completely missing the point.
    The arcs can be the most incredible storytelling in the world and yet they're absolutely pointless in the grand scope
  • Options

You are completely missing the point.
    The arcs can be the most incredible storytelling in the world and yet they're absolutely pointless in the grand scope

The prequels badly needed to be fleshed out for the story to be good. By logic, episodes 8-9 are going to be completely pointless since we all know what's going to happen--Luke's going to train Rey as a Jedi, there's going to be some roadblocks along the way, and the first order is going to be defeated