Why do we hate Rebels so much(TV show)

Replies

• Supercat
    3250 posts Member
    Options
    whenever people say season 3 is better... watched some, still garbage.

the excuse of TcW was bad in season 1 and 2 is no longer valid.
    Don't be a ****(4), and follow forum guidelines.
  • Jedi_Reach_
    1337 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    DatBoi wrote: »
    Because it was created to milk the cow. The storylines are in reality, pointless, because of the originals. Therefore everything that happens in Rebels is unnecessary and nothing more than bloat and filter.

How are they pointless? Your point would (sort of) be valid if the show was only made up of characters from the OT, but even then, their stories would still be interesting. By this logic, Clone Wars would be at even greater fault because we know what happens to the characters before the show even starts. But alas, Clone Wars is still a good show with engaging storylines.

With Rebels, we have no idea what will happen to most of the characters. We know that Hera, Chopper, and the Ghost are around for Rogue One, but we dont even know if they perished or not in the battle of Scarif.

Edit: the quality of a story is not determined by how it ends but in how its told
    Really none of what you said disproves my post and to add for that matter, Clone Wars is also equally useless. Sorry but not sorry. It's the truth.

Like the show(s) all you want, it makes no difference to the merit.

Take it from someone who works in creative production. They were created to milk the cow and appeal to a new age of Star Wars fans. It doesn't matter what happens in them. The arcs can be the most incredible storytelling in the world and yet they're absolutely pointless in the grand scope because we all know what happens in EP 1-6. And moreso in the case of Rebels, 4-6.

Again, bloat and filter / cash cow milking.

Disney is a globalist corporation, get with the times.

The prequels were a weird, complicated mess. The Clone wars fleshed them out and made me see they were meant to be a complex story about how a democracy can descend into a dictatorship, the dangers of having a church subservient to the state, and about love and loyalty can be twisted into insecurities that destroy you.

They also made Anakin into a likeable character with some faults, from the whiny, emotional mess that he was portrayed in the films. The clone wars were not useless at all
    You are completely missing the point.
    The arcs can be the most incredible storytelling in the world and yet they're absolutely pointless in the grand scope

The prequels badly needed to be fleshed out for the story to be good. By logic, episodes 8-9 are going to be completely pointless since we all know what's going to happen--Luke's going to train Rey as a Jedi, there's going to be some roadblocks along the way, and the first order is going to be defeated
    Absolutely none of this disproves anything I've posted and you're going off on another point entirely. But for the sake of my own amusement, I'll dissect.
    The prequels badly needed to be fleshed out for the story to be good.
    Subjective opinion. It was never mandatory for them to be created, even if the characters and events weren't fleshed. An example of countering this is another movie like say, Avengers, and making a side movie / TV show etc. about why Hulk needed to use the toilet before showing up in the final fight. Really, it's not a good point.
    By logic, episodes 8-9 are going to be completely pointless since we all know what's going to happen--Luke's going to train Rey as a Jedi, there's going to be some roadblocks along the way, and the first order is going to be defeated
    That is a predictive summary that may or may not be true. Here's the thing that defeats your point entirely. Neither episode 8 or 9 are out. 1-6 are. Therefore, at best, all you can do is guess. Again, I've only responded to this for my amusement because the logic was laughable.

Now back to the point that you are missing.

Take it from someone who works in creative production for a living. These series' (Rebels, Clone Wars etc. and others like it non-SW related for other franchises etc) were not created because the producers said - "Hey guys, I think we need to flesh out the characters or add additional sidestory for story merit purposes!"

That is delusional and that is not how the real world works.

Here's how it does work.
    Producer A says, "So, SW made a lot of money on that last movie - what do you guys think of creating a side story to it? Easy revenue, easy ROI."
    Producer B agrees, "Good idea. The kids in the demographic between ages 8-12 would jump on it."
    Produce C adds, "And SW needs an update for the youth. It's perfect."
    Producer A says, "Alright, let's get some screenwriters to pitch up a draft and we'll show it to Lucas."

Get it?

It's not about making a good story. Look, I've written for movies and books - I appreciate a good story, but the reality is that the people who produce this content - Star Wars or otherwise - Do not care about a good story or your precious, fleshed out points and characters. That is an afterthought that if, should it happen, would only add to their interests. Their interests is money. Even if it means milking the cow.

Rebels and Clone Wars were created to milk the cow. You can bury your head in the sand about it all you want but it's the flat truth.
  • Options
    CaptainRex wrote: »
    ArtooSW wrote: »
    KyleKatarn wrote: »
    I enjoy it for what it is; pretty child-friendly (it's my 7 year old son's favourite non-Lego Star Wars) and easy watching. He didn't engage as much with The Clone Wars, and I'm happy to sit and watch this with him. Season 1 was a bit naff; it warmed up in S2 and I'm quite enjoying S3 (Thrawn!!). It's a fun take-it-or-leave-it kind of show, I think.

Stop with this grown up attitude and make definivitive statements despite barely having given the show a go!

Are you high or just 10 years old? What you wrote made no sense at all. I've seen all 3 seasons, and I stand by my personal opinion. If you don't like what I have to say, then do one.

lol calm down and take a deep breathe.
    I'm 27 not 10 (Your comment there was that of a child though. No need for an insult) and I was being sarcastic. It was actually praise of your post while criticising those who criticise the show without giving it a chance.

Fair play mate, I apologise for being a little salty (bad day!).

On topic, I have found S3 to be the best so far, it has matured as it's gone on. I think personally I still prefer Clone Wars, but Rebels has "grown up" a lot I think.

Well worth a watch.

Don't sweat it. Sarcasm doesn't always come across in text form.

I have a few episodes to watch but so far I'd agree with that. The Bendu has played a big part in that.

Bendu annoys me. He's supposed to be neither good, nor bad, but all he is so far is a big, friendly, beast.

Haha... oh god.

"I BRING DEATH"
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options
    Because it was created to milk the cow. The storylines are in reality, pointless, because of the originals. Therefore everything that happens in Rebels is unnecessary and nothing more than bloat and filter.

How are they pointless? Your point would (sort of) be valid if the show was only made up of characters from the OT, but even then, their stories would still be interesting. By this logic, Clone Wars would be at even greater fault because we know what happens to the characters before the show even starts. But alas, Clone Wars is still a good show with engaging storylines.

With Rebels, we have no idea what will happen to most of the characters. We know that Hera, Chopper, and the Ghost are around for Rogue One, but we dont even know if they perished or not in the battle of Scarif.

Edit: the quality of a story is not determined by how it ends but in how its told
    Really none of what you said disproves my post and to add for that matter, Clone Wars is also equally useless. Sorry but not sorry. It's the truth.

Take it from someone who works in creative production. They were created to milk the cow and appeal to a new age of Star Wars fans. It doesn't matter what happens in them. The arcs can be the most incredible storytelling in the world and yet they're absolutely pointless in the grand scope because we all know what happens in EP 1-6. And moreso in the case of Rebels, 4-6.

The prequels were a weird, complicated mess. The Clone wars fleshed them out and made me see they were meant to be a complex story about how a democracy can descend into a dictatorship, the dangers of having a church subservient to the state, and about love and loyalty can be twisted into insecurities that destroy you.

They also made Anakin into a likeable character with some faults, from the whiny, emotional mess that he was portrayed in the films. The clone wars were not useless at all
    The arcs can be the most incredible storytelling in the world and yet they're absolutely pointless in the grand scope

The prequels badly needed to be fleshed out for the story to be good. By logic, episodes 8-9 are going to be completely pointless since we all know what's going to happen--Luke's going to train Rey as a Jedi, there's going to be some roadblocks along the way, and the first order is going to be defeated
    Absolutely none of this disproves anything I've posted and you're going off on another point entirely. But for the sake of my own amusement, I'll dissect.
    Subjective opinion. It was never mandatory for them to be created, even if the characters and events weren't fleshed. An example of countering this is another movie like say, Avengers, and making a side movie / TV show etc. about why Hulk needed to use the toilet before showing up in the final fight. Really, it's not a good point.
    By logic, episodes 8-9 are going to be completely pointless since we all know what's going to happen--Luke's going to train Rey as a Jedi, there's going to be some roadblocks along the way, and the first order is going to be defeated
    That is a predictive summary that may or may not be true. Here's the thing that defeats your point entirely. Neither episode 8 or 9 are out. 1-6 are. Therefore, at best, all you can do is guess. Again, I've only responded to this for my amusement because the logic was laughable.

Take it from someone who works in creative production for a living. These series' (Rebels, Clone Wars etc. and others like it non-SW related for other franchises etc) were not created because the producers said - "Hey guys, I think we need to flesh out the characters or add additional sidestory for story merit purposes!"

Here's how it does work.
    Producer A says, "So, SW made a lot of money on that last movie - what do you guys think of creating a side story to it? Easy revenue, easy ROI."
    Producer B agrees, "Good idea. The kids in the demographic between ages 8-12 would jump on it."
    Producer A says, "Alright, let's get some screenwriters to pitch up a draft and we'll show it to Lucas."

Get it?

It's not about making a good story. Look, I've written for movies and books - I appreciate a good story, but the reality is that the people who produce this content - Star Wars or otherwise - Do not care about a good story or your precious, fleshed out points and characters. That is an afterthought that if, should it happen, would only add to their interests. Their interests is money. Even if it means milking the cow.

Rebels and Clone Wars were created to milk the cow. You can bury your head in the sand about it all you want but it's the flat truth.

Just because something is expected to make money (which is just about everything, including episodes 5 and 6), doesn't mean the people involved don't care about the story or that audiences can't enjoy it. If studios hired people who don't care about the subject matter to make their movies, the end product would be trash. The people who are involved in making new star wars material clearly have a strong passion for what they're creating and just because they're making money doesnt make that a bad thing.

I don't believe in this absolute seperation between profit and passion. And i dont think thats relevant to your other argument that just because a story takes place before another one, its automatically pointless and inconsequential.
  • Options

Here's how it does work.

Get it?

Just because something is expected to make money (which is just about everything, including episodes 5 and 6), doesn't mean the people involved don't care about the story or that audiences can't enjoy it. If studios hired people who don't care about the subject matter to make their movies, the end product would be trash. The people who are involved in making new star wars material clearly have a strong passion for what they're creating and just because they're making money doesnt make that a bad thing.

I don't believe in this absolute seperation between profit and passion. And i dont think thats relevant to your other argument that just because a story takes place before another one, its automatically pointless and inconsequential.

Well the Darth Maul old Ben scene clearly showed the director of Rebels going for a more artistic confrontation then a flashing high selling spectacle
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options

Here's how it does work.

Get it?

Well the Darth Maul old Ben scene clearly showed the director of Rebels going for a more artistic confrontation then a flashing high selling spectacle

Agreed. I thought that was a perfectly executed scene that shouldn't have been done any other way.
  • Options

Here's how it does work.

Get it?

Agreed. I thought that was a perfectly executed scene that shouldn't have been done any other way.

This. Easily the best scene of the show, and including the ending with Beru calling for Luke, my favorite scene in the entire franchise.
  • Options
    I'm so sick of seeing these Rebels hate threads!!
    The show is great for these reasons.
    1. The target audience of the show isn't anyone on this thread. It is a Disney show for CHILDREN so yes there will be some childish dialogue and humor and things to keep a childs attention like spinning lightsabers.
    2. The show has outstanding ratings from the major tv and movie critics. You know the educated individuals who get paid for their opinions on the show.
    3. My 7 year old son started watching the show and now he is about all things Star Wars. I should have listed this as number one because most importantly because it brings in a whole new generation of Star Wars in and provides a common ground for new and old fans to come together.
    4. As a middle school counselor I can tell you this show teaches some great life skills to children. Mindfulness, a common technique used to help children with many things is mentioned alot in the show. As well as working with others, standing for what is right, and acceptance of all.
    5. The story is really good. It has some great battle scences, incorporates other characters from other chapters of the universe and is just a really good watch. 32 year old man here and I look forward to watching the show every Saturday night with my son and that is why its the best show on tv.
    I could go on with more praise. I absolutely recommend the show to anyone with children or just any true star wars fan. Because a true fan can look past the small Disney influences to see the rich and meaningful story in the show. The show gets a bad rep from a select few individuals who start these hate threads and i felt the need to weigh in and defend it because it really is a great watch. Maybe find something else to hate on besides a childrens show people because to start a thread just to bash a Disney show is just sad and pathetic. The show is canon and we have the characters in game so its not going anywhere. So get over it with the hate threads and if you dislike the show sooo much here's an idea don't watch it or talk about so much!
  • Gamorrean
    2745 posts Member
    Options
    Supercat wrote: »
    whenever people say season 3 is better... watched some, still garbage.

the excuse of TcW was bad in season 1 and 2 is no longer valid.

Why do you keep posting the same lame arguments ??
  • Jedi_Reach_
    1337 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options

Here's how it does work.

Get it?

You're free to believe whatever you want, even if it isn't true and it's obvious you have no clue what you're talking about because you do not work in the field I do. If you think Star Wars (after Lucas' era) is made for artistic reasons, you're living in a fantasy world. There's enough money behind this franchise to make even the lamest of products something magnificent. (IE: Money can hire better screenwriters, marketers, promotion campaigns etc.) The Star Wars franchise is FIRST AND FOREMOST about profit. Artistic merit comes SECOND.

Really, it's not hard to hire good screenwriters, artists, graphic designers, etc. if your company is shelling out billions. Movie and TV studios are just another form of business. As a screenwriter and author, I can tell you that both Rebels and Clone Wars are absolutely useless. Not because of what comes chronologically after it, but because the main points to the main story's merit is already solved.

Again, would you like to hear the sidestory about Hulk visiting a restroom before he met with the other Avengers? Does it sound necessary? And believe me, you can make a good story about practically anything. It's all in execution.

• Jedi_Reach_
    1337 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    TLDR: Rebels was created for milking and profit primarily and therefore, it's not something one knowledgeable of the creative field can respect.
  • Jedi_Reach_
    1337 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Riktoven wrote: »

Here's how it does work.

Get it?

You're free to believe whatever you want, even if it isn't true and it's obvious you have no clue what you're talking about because you do not work in the field I do. If you think Star Wars (after Lucas' era) is made for artistic reasons, you're living in a fantasy world. There's enough money behind this franchise to make even the lamest of products something magnificent. (IE: Money can hire better screenwriters, marketers, promotion campaigns etc.) The Star Wars franchise is FIRST AND FOREMOST about profit. Artistic merit comes SECOND.

Really, it's not hard to hire good screenwriters, artists, graphic designers, etc. if your company is shelling out billions. Movie and TV studios are just another form of business. As a screenwriter and author, I can tell you that both Rebels and Clone Wars are absolutely useless. Not because of what comes chronologically after it, but because the main points to the main story's merit is already solved.

Again, would you like to hear the sidestory about Hulk visiting a restroom before he met with the other Avengers? Does it sound necessary? And believe me, you can make a good story about practically anything. It's all in execution.

The way you equate side stories with pointless invalidates you whole argument.

No it doesn't just because you're incapable of understanding the analogy, but okay, feel free to try again.
    The last 10 years of blockbuster Marvel movies and TV shows are nothing but side stories, and they were all decent for the most part.
    And? Did you even read my other posts? Here, I'll help you -

This sounds to me like someone yelling "stop liling what I don't like". No.

Clone wars was awesome too. :p
    Are you posting just to have your voice heard or do you actually have a valid counter to add? Really, this was not a very well thought out attempt. Try again.
  • Options
    I'm curious to know your resume, so I can evaluate if your obviously non-profitable work is what I consider good.
  • Options
    I'm curious to know your resume, so I can evaluate if your obviously non-profitable work is what I consider good.
    https://www.psiraise.com/

Actually we've had multiple bestsellers. Be sure to spread the word, even if you hate, more press is better after all.

• Options
    +1 Can you please name a movie franchise who's number one goal isn't profit. Curse you Disney for doing your job.
  • Jme83
    48 posts Member
    Options
    They best all die in the end! I'll be **** if Disney pussy out of killing them off. There can be. I other plausible explanation as to why these characters aren't around by the time of ANH, it has to be death!
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options

Here's how it does work.

Get it?

Well hate to burst your bubble, but i actually am in the same field as you, and most of the people I know in this line of work are in it because they love what they do. Sure we're all interested in a paycheck, but we still find as many ways as possible to be creative and have fun with what we do. If anything, having bigger budgets often promotes creativity (not always, but often) since the creative teams have more resources to make what they come up with.

Honestly, if you only do what you do for money (especially if it involves creative media), then you might want to consider an alternative line of work. Because the most successful people in the media industry are where they are because they are emotionally invested in the work that they do.
  • Options

Here's how it does work.

Get it?

Well hate to burst your bubble, but i actually am in the same field as you, and most of the people I know in this line of work are in it because they love what they do. Sure we're all interested in a paycheck, but we still find as many ways as possible to be creative and have fun with what we do. If anything, having bigger budgets often promotes creativity (not always, but often) since the creative teams have more resources to make what they come up with.

Honestly, if you only do what you do for money (especially if it involves creative media), then you might want to consider an alternative line of work. Because the most successful people in the media industry are where they are because they are emotionally invested in the work that they do.
    Mind posting your site and resume like I did? Just have to make sure ;-)

Unless you're of course, talking about the lower indie developers who the higher corporations (in the case of rebels, DISNEY) feed off of, then once more, you have no clue what you're talking about. Emotional investment is profit. Heck, even the colors used on websites are chosen for a reason along with the headlines. This should be common knowledge for someone in my field.

Are you sure you work in Media?

You seem to lack the business ethic of it. And as someone who should work in media, then you should know there can be no work in media without the business ethic. One of the first things they taught us in film school was that 'subconscious messaging is mandatory in EVERY production.' Advertisement, film or TV, otherwise. Feel free to love the story and the art, but you're absolutely kidding if you think it's not primarily about profit for the producers, especially high-tiered mega-corporations like Disney.
  • Options
    In case you're missing the point (which I'm assured you are at this point, ha - no pun intended) then I'll explain with another example -

Rogue One was an AMAZING movie. I thought it was one of the best Star Wars flicks ever created. Yet it was completely unnecessary. Did we actually need R1? No. We would've been quite fine without it.

Again, this is what I'm saying. Bloat and milking.
  • Options

Actually we've had multiple bestsellers. Be sure to spread the word, even if you hate, more press is better after all.

I haven't read or heard of any of these. Just looked at the reviews on amazon. All 3 of them, which appear to by the same 3 people who reviewed all of the jedi reach books...you sure they were best sellers?

I get that you don't like side stories, and that it's a big galaxy. But, people want magical Jedi, and Lucas kind of painted the franchise into a corner there what with all the murder. If we follow the characters close to what few Jedi exist in this time period, the galaxy gets a lot smaller.
  • Options
    Rogue One was an AMAZING movie. I thought it was one of the best Star Wars flicks ever created. Yet it was completely unnecessary. Did we actually need R1? No. We would've been quite fine without it./quote]

The story of how the plans to destroy the deathstar are obtained is unnecessary?????? So by your logic they should have just stopped after a New Hope???
  • Options
    I enjoy it for what it is; pretty child-friendly (it's my 7 year old son's favourite non-Lego Star Wars) and easy watching. He didn't engage as much with The Clone Wars, and I'm happy to sit and watch this with him. Season 1 was a bit naff; it warmed up in S2 and I'm quite enjoying S3 (Thrawn!!). It's a fun take-it-or-leave-it kind of show, I think.

Stop with this grown up attitude and make definivitive statements despite barely having given the show a go!

Are you high or just 10 years old? What you wrote made no sense at all. I've seen all 3 seasons, and I stand by my personal opinion. If you don't like what I have to say, then do one.

lol calm down and take a deep breathe.
    I'm 27 not 10 (Your comment there was that of a child though. No need for an insult) and I was being sarcastic. It was actually praise of your post while criticising those who criticise the show without giving it a chance.

Fair play mate, I apologise for being a little salty (bad day!).

On topic, I have found S3 to be the best so far, it has matured as it's gone on. I think personally I still prefer Clone Wars, but Rebels has "grown up" a lot I think.

Well worth a watch.

Don't sweat it. Sarcasm doesn't always come across in text form.

I have a few episodes to watch but so far I'd agree with that. The Bendu has played a big part in that.

Bendu annoys me. He's supposed to be neither good, nor bad, but all he is so far is a big, friendly, beast.

Haha... oh god.

"I BRING DEATH"

"What Jedi devilry is this?"
    BECAUSE I'M BATMAN - me
  • Options

Here's how it does work.

Get it?

Unless you're of course, talking about the lower indie developers who the higher corporations (in the case of rebels, DISNEY) feed off of, then once more, you have no clue what you're talking about. Emotional investment is profit. Heck, even the colors used on websites are chosen for a reason along with the headlines. This should be common knowledge for someone in my field.

You seem to lack the business ethic of it. And as someone who should work in media, then you should know there can be no work in media without the business ethic. One of the first things they taught us in film school was that 'subconscious messaging is mandatory in EVERY production.' Advertisement, film or TV, otherwise. Feel free to love the story and the art, but you're absolutely kidding if you think it's not primarily about profit for the producers, especially high-tiered mega-corporations like Disney.

You're entire argument seems to be that if it cost money to produce, it was with a return on investment in mind, and as such it can't be real art.

I don't know art, but I do know what I like.

I like Rebels. I think it's well made for a kid's show. I really couldn't care less about the opinion of someone who is essentially arguing that no one should like what he doesn't.
  • Options
    Georgemi6 wrote: »
    The reason rebels is worse than tcw is not as simple as "helicopter light sabers" or "cuz it's for kids." those are still key problems, but it's deeper than that. People say that early episodes of tcw were just as bad as rebels in being for kids, but characters like young ahsoka weren't in every episode because of the way tcw has 3-4 episode story lines, where as rebels has a linear plot, so Ezra has to be in almost every episode. Also, the clone wars had the flexibility and liberty of having multiple villains that they could rotate in and out over several series of episodes, but rebels has their villains for a season then they get killed off. There are other big things, but these are just some main points.

Exactly. Since Ezra isn't compelling, Rebels isn't compelling.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Options

Here's how it does work.

Get it?

You're entire argument seems to be that if it cost money to produce, it was with a return on investment in mind, and as such it can't be real art.

I don't know art, but I do know what I like.

I like Rebels. I think it's well made for a kid's show. I really couldn't care less about the opinion of someone who is essentially arguing that no one should like what he doesn't.

+1 very well said
  • Options
    The reason rebels is worse than tcw is not as simple as "helicopter light sabers" or "cuz it's for kids." those are still key problems, but it's deeper than that. People say that early episodes of tcw were just as bad as rebels in being for kids, but characters like young ahsoka weren't in every episode because of the way tcw has 3-4 episode story lines, where as rebels has a linear plot, so Ezra has to be in almost every episode. Also, the clone wars had the flexibility and liberty of having multiple villains that they could rotate in and out over several series of episodes, but rebels has their villains for a season then they get killed off. There are other big things, but these are just some main points.

Maybe it isn't compelling to you but you're not in the target audience of the show. My 7 year old loves the show. Seems to be wai. Because it dosent appeal to you doesn't make it a bad show.
  • Options

I haven't read or heard of any of these. Just looked at the reviews on amazon. All 3 of them, which appear to by the same 3 people who reviewed all of the jedi reach books...you sure they were best sellers?
    http://www.double-dragon-ebooks.com/single.php?ISBN=1-77115-268-0&picsize=LARGE&x=88&y=93
    https://www.amazon.com/Jedaiah-Ramnarine/e/B016FGKAPC
    https://www.amazon.com/Daniel-Perusko/e/B019HLO50S/ref=sr_ntt_srch_lnk_1?qid=1490562472&sr=8-1

You were saying? :)
    I get that you don't like side stories, and that it's a big galaxy. But, people want magical Jedi, and Lucas kind of painted the franchise into a corner there what with all the murder. If we follow the characters close to what few Jedi exist in this time period, the galaxy gets a lot smaller.
    Ok.
  • Options

Maybe it isn't compelling to you but you're not in the target audience of the show. My 7 year old loves the show. Seems to be wai. Because it dosent appeal to you doesn't make it a bad show.

I understand the kids show argument, but a large majority of Star Wars fans are adult. Yes, the reason I despise Rebels is not only because it's not as good as Clone Wars, but because Disney cancelled Clone Wars so they could launch Rebels.
    Yes, there were parts of Clone Wars that were for children. But the large majority of Clone Wars could be enjoyed by kids and adults alike. There's no reason Rebels could not be just as good.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Jedi_Reach_
    1337 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Welcome to the 21st century? Art is subject to corpocracy, whether it's at a lower level or higher. Get with the times. That was my entire point to begin with. Trailing off of 'oh but it's so good' is completely irrelevant to me.
    I don't know art
    Indeed, you have not a clue.
    Stop projecting. I stated my educated opinion and it evidently struck a nerve. I can care less whether you or anyone else likes the show. It has nothing to do with my posts.

• Options

I understand the kid's show argument. Here's my problem with that. The large majority of Star Wars fans are adults. Clone Wars may have been a kid's show, but many adults, myself included, got a lot of enjoyment out of watching. There's no reason why Rebels can't be just as good as Clone Wars.
    I'd be 100% okay with Disney having Rebels be their show for kids 10 and under, if they hadn't cancelled Clone Wars to do it.