Leader Speed Buff is Broken, Seed Bonus is Being Added Twice

Replies

• Options
    Since we have reports that other leader abilities are working as intended, I'll repeat. Qui Gon's ability may be the result of a typo or dislexic programmer and have a value of 32 instead of 23. Can someone with a non-maxed Qui test his speed with an old Ben please?

That is a really good thought! Might just be it.
  • Options
    The 32 instead of 23 speed explains almost all of the random things (Qui Gon at turn 6, Obi at Turn 7, others at turn 7). Since other leader abilities are reportedly working fine (Ackbar, Nightsisters), I think we can assume that adding leader speed twice isn't happening.

Simplest explanation for the win? .-.

I'll take my 20,000 Crystal Finders/Fixer Fee now CG :)
  • Options
    The 32 instead of 23 speed explains almost all of the random things (Qui Gon at turn 6, Obi at Turn 7, others at turn 7). Since other leader abilities are reportedly working fine (Ackbar, Nightsisters), I think we can assume that adding leader speed twice isn't happening.

I get 10% for being able to test your theory
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options
    I think +32 speed sounds just a little OP though? It's a nice and elegant theory. But why would QGJ's leadership skill be so significantly better than other speed increasing leadership skills?
  • Options
    Nonemo wrote: »
    I think +32 speed sounds just a little OP though? It's a nice and elegant theory. But why would QGJ's leadership skill be so significantly better than other speed increasing leadership skills?

I believe they meant it is supposed to be +23 but someone fat fingered it and it is possibly +32 as a mistake which would explain the odd behavior being seen.
  • Options

Because it's a typo? It's not intended.

My argument is that instead of typing 23 in the text box, a programmer simply typed 32. It explains every inconsistency that we have observed, and even fits with how other leader abilities are not returning double values.

Xeox even confirmed that at level 5 the leadership was not allowing characters to surpass Dooku, but at level 6 they were.
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options
    Aha! I somehow reversed the argument in my head. Now I get it! Very elegant indeed. :)
  • Options
    I am glad the yelling stopped!

Thanks for the fix! :)
  • Options

Because it's a typo? It's not intended.

My argument is that instead of typing 23 in the text box, a programmer simply typed 32. It explains every inconsistency that we have observed, and even fits with how other leader abilities are not returning double values.

Xeox even confirmed that at level 5 the leadership was not allowing characters to surpass Dooku, but at level 6 they were.

Nice catch then. :)
    548-145-651 | Playing since Dec 28th (:
  • Options

You are wrong. All leadership skills have 60% bonus effect
  • Options
    One of the guys on my shard has already changed to QGJ lead w/ Old Ben so I decided to test this for myself.

@0:13 QGJ goes first and Dooku's turn meter isn't even filled, despite having 1 greater speed (161 vs 160). Additionally QGJ has already carried over some turn meter before Dooku makes his move.

@0:35 Old Ben's stun is dispelled before Poe get's a chance to move, despite supposedly being in a different "speed bracket" (turn 8 vs turn 7).
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kO2bIg-C-Ek

• RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Options
    Working as intended, I like going first for once...someone has to.
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • Options
    Even if this is fixed once QGJs speed buff applies to everyone, hes going to be way tooo OP
  • EA_Jesse
    663 posts SWGOH Dev Team
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Hey Everyone,

Turns out we did find an issue that was giving Qui-Gon Jinn too much bonus to his speed on his leader ability. We're still working on this but it should be fixed in tomorrow's update.

Thanks for all of the reports!
    Community Manager for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes | Follow me on Twitter - Darokaz
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options
    EA_Jesse wrote: »
    Hey Everyone,

Turns out we did find an issue that was giving Qui-Gon Jinn too much bonus to his speed on his leader ability. We're still working on this but it should be fixed in tomorrow's update.

Sweet. Thanks Jesse.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    Hey Everyone,

That was fast. Good job
  • Options
    Hey Everyone,

Thanks for addressing this as quickly as you did. Much appreciated.
  • Options
    Hey Everyone,

Great job everyone who helped test and thanks to the hard work by the dev team!

• Tak
    352 posts Member
    Options
    Hey Everyone,

Great job everyone who helped test and thanks to the hard work by the dev team!

Now if only they would fix Poe that fast hey lol
  • Preemo_Magin
    1826 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    This team is pointing out a possibly huge release error and being corrected by using caps? Caps are not rude, they are to stress something. All Caps all the time may be considered faulty. In this occasion I can't for one think anybody has time to correct the caps instead for catching a huge mistake.

They should be thanked properly, even in the game credits, and rewarded, not disciplined IMHO.
  • Options
    This team is pointing out a possibly huge release error and being corrected by using caps? Caps are not rude, they are to stress something. All Caps all the time may be considered faulty. In this occasion I can't for one think anybody has time to correct the caps instead for catching a huge mistake.

They should be thanked properly, even in the game credits, and rewarded, not disciplined IMHO.

?
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Options
    Thanks. Switching back to Sid lol
  • Options
    Hey Everyone,

The Devs were just spotted at a match in the U.K.

2zzkku8.jpg
  • Options

Tell me something else. They mostly concerned of economics of things. Such as deleting 3! of my OP threads "criticizing, then explaining, then finally even mentioning Chromium pack drops"
  • Phipps
    1107 posts Member
    Options
    Excellent to see it was found quickly and will be fixed promptly, even more excited to see how the leader speed buff will alter pvp in the weeks to come
  • Options
    One of the guys on my shard has already changed to QGJ lead w/ Old Ben so I decided to test this for myself.

@0:13 QGJ goes first and Dooku's turn meter isn't even filled, despite having 1 greater speed (161 vs 160). Additionally QGJ has already carried over some turn meter before Dooku makes his move.

@0:35 Old Ben's stun is dispelled before Poe get's a chance to move, despite supposedly being in a different "speed bracket" (turn 8 vs turn 7).
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kO2bIg-C-Ek

h

Hey Millennial,

You team is awesome, that is me in the vid. I always fight you for first I think you are an hour before me, I try not to fight your team till I'm pretty sure you get your payout. Anyway just wanted to say hi, always nice to see another guy on the server.

If I see one more **** attacking a Jedi with a blaster pistol, then I'll kill them myself!
  • Options
    Yes, I have screen shot of QGJ's team having same turn meter as my Dooku. ALSO, Poggle having 60% more effect. Thus the conclusion: all leaders had 60% bonus effect applied. QGJ: 23*1.6= you get the idea
  • Options
    Hey Everyone,

Great job, thanks for the quick response!
    548-145-651 | Playing since Dec 28th (:
  • Options
    moongod wrote: »
    So basically people who actually invested money in the game are back to having an advantage. Sounds perfectly reasonable to me.

It just ruins the balance of the game that's all. If it is just qui gon with this bug then every single team is going to have qui gon + Jedi team.

Well I have "invested" about $700. And I don't have Ben or Leia. I don't understand why people would say those paying need to have an advantage just because the used more $$$.

• Options
    Hey Everyone,

Thanks for the quick fix. Even though I use QGJ as leader and will do so regardless of speed issue, it is good to have him fixed before my Yoda teams up with him. :)