Version Update 2/28/18 QoL + Sith Raid + Characters [MEGA]

Replies

• Options
    So, no new characters in arena shop and in the galactic war shop?
  • Options
    Cridiron wrote: »
    Jedimonk wrote: »
    After reading hourly it's pretty obvious there a feeling of being let down with this QOL upcoming update it would be nice to be heard or even acknowledged that EA DEVS are reading all this and at least gave us feedback on our feedback here's to fingers crossed

My thoughts too. How has there been no response to this? I haven't even seen any dev responses to other threads either. Like they're hiding under a rock til the frustration passes...

All of the gamechangers will be flying out to EA tomorrow for a special event, so I expect we'll get the next round of news after they've been briefed.

I highly doubt they are previewing much more then the new raid, and maybe a new character that we shards for in the raid.

It would be silly to fly in the youtubers and not have some exclusive news to show them. I expect there to be at least one thing they have not told us about yet.
  • Options
    @CG_Kozispoon and @CG_Leviathan
    so now i have collected the issues why changing the points makes no sense at all (more to come):

1) EA knows that there are so many issues in fights and game (look in the Bugsection at Answers HQ), blackscreen, client resync, error 4.0, freezes in battle (especially when thrawn dies from dots), endlessfight (dooku vs. dooku; savage vs. savage), and many other problems. it would get very frustrated for many gamers to loose everytime minimum 5 points when something above mentioned occurs

2) mismatching guilds in tw:
    lower priceclasse (e.g. 70m-79,9m GP) guild had to fight against higher priceclass (80m - 89,9m GP) guild, see this post and answer 4 in that bugreport (https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Territory-Wars-Mismatch/m-p/6646862#M9292) changing points makes no sense, because the stronger guild will be prefered even more with the new pointsystem!

3) in every sport it´s always the same: the one who wins the most wins the championship, but you are planning to let a guild win the tw with fewer wins^^ as example: guild a win 10 fights against guild b on the first attempt = 150 banner --- guild b wins 29 fights against guild a on the 3rd attempt = 145 banner

guild b has won almost 3times more fights, but will loose the tw^^

4) what are you thinking that officers and leaders will do with guildmembers who have less than 2mio gp, or guildmember with more than that but still are not able to win on their first attempt?

please for god´s sake i implore you not to implement the new pointsystem
  • Options
    Trias wrote: »
    Cridiron wrote: »
    Jedimonk wrote: »
    After reading hourly it's pretty obvious there a feeling of being let down with this QOL upcoming update it would be nice to be heard or even acknowledged that EA DEVS are reading all this and at least gave us feedback on our feedback here's to fingers crossed

My thoughts too. How has there been no response to this? I haven't even seen any dev responses to other threads either. Like they're hiding under a rock til the frustration passes...

All of the gamechangers will be flying out to EA tomorrow for a special event, so I expect we'll get the next round of news after they've been briefed.

I highly doubt they are previewing much more then the new raid, and maybe a new character that we shards for in the raid.

It would be silly to fly in the youtubers and not have some exclusive news to show them. I expect there to be at least one thing they have not told us about yet.

I agree, it will be something that EA have played close to their chest to get the most exposure of the update out in the best way with the game changers there later today till Friday. Has to be.
  • Options
    Seriously, this TW “fix” just eliminated 75% of most of the playerbase’s rosters.

TW is going to go from a fun mode where you attempt to use the minimum amount of resources to get the win. We loved getting a win with just 1 or 2 characters remaining, as it means we didn’t overkill and waste characters that could’ve been used later. Also outside of a few regen squads multiple weaker squads could team up and take down a much stronger team, which was a lot of fun and encouraged teamwork and the guild working together. Not to mention any strategy that guilds have been working on and using is completely out the window, we all get to basically start from scratch on our 12th TW.

This scoring system is going to be a nightmare to coordinate, considerably less fun to play, and completely invalidate the only mode where we had the option to use undergeared(aka not maxed with 4+ zetas) teams in a meaningful way.

Terribly poorly thought out decision.

This +1
  • Options
    Liamtbqh wrote: »
    Everyone complaining about the devs not talking, they're releasing a raid on top of a bunch of QoL updates and possible new characters...

That's a lot... some people may not like the QoL but we're also getting a raid at the same time.

They've got to work on the artwork, the animations, the programming behind it all and to top it off, all the bugs they need to work through. Just be patient, they've got lives too. The gamechangers should be giving us news (hopefully) in the next few days now.

They aren't doing this for fun on the side...this is their jobs. A part of that should be communication to their consumers especially when it comes to concerns about gameplay and QoL improvement that directly effect our interest/participation in the game.
  • Options
    LukeDukem8 wrote: »
    Everyone complaining about the devs not talking, they're releasing a raid on top of a bunch of QoL updates and possible new characters...

That's a lot... some people may not like the QoL but we're also getting a raid at the same time.

They've got to work on the artwork, the animations, the programming behind it all and to top it off, all the bugs they need to work through. Just be patient, they've got lives too. The gamechangers should be giving us news (hopefully) in the next few days now.

They aren't doing this for fun on the side...this is their jobs. A part of that should be communication to their consumers especially when it comes to concerns about gameplay and QoL improvement that directly effect our interest/participation in the game.

Those inquiries can be submitted to EA answers forum, where they will be promptly lost and ignored.
  • Options
    JaggedJ wrote: »
    It's not about doing math or not doing math, that's completely missing the point.

It's about not doing math! Kitten the math!
  • Options
    Acctually the TW changes may very easy lead to MORE ties than before. Think about it: it's very easy to "earn" banners. You get 30 for setting defence, period. Nothing about it change that - you can populate entire battleground with single 6k+ units and get full defensive credit. It's all left for offence. Sure, you're allowing your opponent a lot of easy wins. Bot how much can he earn? Let's do the math: each win is a 20 banners MAX: 5 for win + 10 for first attempt +5 for everyone surviving. He kills very easily with single unit attack team? Nothing changes: 5 (win) +10 (first attempt) +1 (left standing)+ 4 (bonus for empty slots in attack team).

This is the strategy that leads to maximum use of resources: you earn everything that can be earned for setting defence and still have virtually full guild power left for attack phase.

If you want 2nd place rewards so badly, just don't attack at all. Put in scrub defense and be done.
  • Options
    Poor choice of improvements for a supposed "Quality of life update" Galactic war is one of the funner parts of the game and now you want to sim it : (
  • Options
    Rsburnette wrote: »
    Poor choice of improvements for a supposed "Quality of life update" Galactic war is one of the funner parts of the game and now you want to sim it : (

You dont have to sim it, its just an option
  • Options

I agree, before they fixed GW I hated it because my last 3 nodes were pretty much all gear 12 zetad out squads,(when I had 1 gear 12) but now I enjoy it, I've been playing around with squads and testing out my "weaker" squads (that I'm building) and find myself coming back to the game a few times a day wanting to do more but literally having nothing to do because of energy being gone, and refreshed already, and no GW finished.

Maybe we'll get a free play mode against guildies that they haven't told us about yet haha
  • Options

I kinda am looking forward to it, say on Tuesday and I don't have time to run 2 GW.
  • Options
    Dark_Light wrote: »

They should like hire someone, to like, manage, the community, right.

The fact the QoL notes were posted by Leviathan, may indicated that our usual community manager is somehow indisposed.

I bet you’re lots of fun at parties.
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    Options

I kinda am looking forward to it, say on Tuesday and I don't have time to run 2 GW.

Agreed. I still enjoy putting in my developing teams to see how they're coming along, but I'll probably use this on Tuesdays.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    Options

They should like hire someone, to like, manage, the community, right.

The fact the QoL notes were posted by Leviathan, may indicated that our usual community manager is somehow indisposed.

I bet you’re lots of fun at parties.

You're not using that phrase right.
  • Options
    I think you mean “you’re not using that phrase correctly”. But it was used exactly as intended seeing as I know we have a community manager and that person pointed out the obvious.
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    I think you mean “you’re not using that phrase correctly”.

Touchee. ;)
    But it was used exactly as intended seeing as I know we have a community manager and that person pointed out the obvious.

Ok. People who aren't fun at parties are grouchy or literal, not obvious. Regardless, I prefer to use this.

RicOlieRight.png
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »

Agreed. I still enjoy putting in my developing teams to see how they're coming along, but I'll probably use this on Tuesdays.

GW isn't the proving ground it used to be.
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    Options
    I know. But when I'm working on a 50k team for TW it's not a bad barometer.
  • Options

I guess not, just wish it was better for my imperials. That IPD node....
  • Options
    The items I see missing are:

1) Ability for smaller guilds to participate in tw... as small as 10.
    2) chromium pack multi purchase
    3) Global chat for your shard... WHY do we need to leave the game to recruit players? It's a basic function that should have been in game at launch.
    4) mod management.
    5) shard shuffle. My account is about a year old and I have most of the items on some tabs. I can't imagine what more veteran players do with their currencies.
  • Options
    I wouldn’t mind one from @CG_Leviathan either since he posted the QoL patch. Maybe a gif saying this QoL was just a joke and the real one is coming. Lol
    n4rdr2mj938p.gif

• TVF
    36605 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Garlion wrote: »

3) Global chat for your shard... WHY do we need to leave the game to recruit players? It's a basic function that should have been in game at launch.
    4) mod management.
    5) shard shuffle. My account is about a year old and I have most of the items on some tabs. I can't imagine what more veteran players do with their currencies.

1) They've stated the goal is to encourage more large guilds, IIRC.
    2) Why? How many do you actually purchase? Do you mean bronziums?
    3) I am sure this will never happen given how much abuse there would be. It would be like this place but with no moderation and everyone would be yelling at each other and calling each other names. Not to mention how terrible in-game chat is anyway...still should be using a 3rd party app.
    4) Agreed.
    5) Shard shop currency.
  • Options
    Garlion wrote: »

4) mod management.

1) Is a guild with only 10 members really even a guild?
    2) I think you mean bronzium, not chromium
    3) Agree. But most players would still use 3rd party chat apps.
    4) Definitely agree
    5) Speaking as a veteran player that has no character farms remaining from GW/Fleet/Squad Arena/Cantina shops, I honestly see no reason to shuffle. GW and Cantina tokens exchange for Shard Shop tokens to buy gear. Fleet tokens buy zetas. Squad Arena tokens buy credits.
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    Options

It will tell you that your IT team is definitely not ready instead of probably not ready. ;)
  • Options

It will tell you that your IT team is definitely not ready instead of probably not ready. ;)

I have full protection after 12 nodes of GW, last ipd node I had 2 units entering phase 2 of the battle. Then the waffle stomping continued. But I will admit that I put a speed primary arrow on Starck and added some gear since then.
  • Options
    I wouldn’t mind one from @CG_Leviathan either since he posted the QoL patch. Maybe a gif saying this QoL was just a joke and the real one is coming. Lol
    n4rdr2mj938p.gif

I'm sorry? JK don't throw anything at me.
  • Options
    I hope that they crank up the GW difficulty again to pre-nerf levels for those that are able to sim it. It's really useful as a sandbox for testing high-level squads. Simming is still good, as not every day do I have time to blow through 12 battles. But I do miss that part of it when testing my Troopers, Nightsisters, or whatever squad I'm working on at the moment.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Options
    n4rdr2mj938p.gif

That was better than nothing lol thanks for the reply @CG_Leviathan