Upcoming Sith Triumvirate Raid Changes: 3/12 [MEGA]

Replies

• Options
    Thank you for taking the time to explain. Honestly it doesn’t effect our guild on STR. We finished tier 4 today and were underwhelmed big time by rewards. Would love if it was worth our time. We started a tier 3 and I won’t be surprised if we have low participation because of that.
  • Options
    I love how you're congratulating yourself on lazy raid design.

"Nothing works" is neither complex, intricate or innovative; it's lazy.

I look forward to analysis from the community about how this effects how we should approach HAAT--as a guild not quite there yet--and whether or not Resistance is really worth investing in, still.
  • Options
    Absolutely shocking. You nerf jrt & give three days notice that the jrt event is coming back AT THE SAME TIME! What a shambles. Terrible way to treat both long term players and newer ones. Is your strategy based on repelling people?
  • SNAKEMAN
    470 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Couple concerns I have! With the decrease in damage for expose base teams, why was only P1 health affected and not P2 as well as it was the primary focus for both phases? Further more the hero buffs given to certain hero’s for potency is laughable when you keep the 50% tenacity stacking buff. It literally negates any debuff attempts and oh by the way there are few debuffs that even work in the Raid to begin with so it really impacts player experience imo a lot! Have nice things and they don’t work and the few things that work will never land even with potency bonus.
    IGN: RANKMAN
    Line: xSNAKEMAN
  • ksomm5
    169 posts Member
    Options
    CG_RyDiggs wrote: »
    One thing I dont get is why the new raid just hasnt been rolled out with 0.0002 instead of 0.0004, a comment that raid bosses take reduced expose damage, dont change the old raids and we wouldnt have this discussion.

While the current transparency is at least a step in the right direction, th trust level with various screw ups in the past is so low that there is not much creditibility left. A good next step would be an explanation/adjustment of the challenge/unused gear in rewards - topic that has been evaded forever. It cannot be that your current most difficult challenge gives gear that players have in thousands - that doesnt count as rewards.

Heya @Delmon_Ciiidrr

There are MANY places and features we would love to affect in the game given time and resources to do so. Unfortunately, we have to prioritize. Currently for this conversation, we need to ensure Sith Raid and all future Raid Bosses do not have continuing issues with the Expose ability. The old raids are affected somewhat, however, being nearly 2+ years old, they are pretty well beatable without Expose being the sole strategy.

Thanks for the feedback and thoughts. We'll keep working to improve both communication and meeting expectations as we move forward.

Cheers,

RT

Seriously, how many times can you avoid the challenge gear discussion?
  • Electricboa
    69 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    I like how they keep trying to tell us “the Expose mechanic has become so powerful it now virtually snuffs out most other strategies” as if the problem is Jedi Rey. Rey isn’t the problem. The problem is they’ve designed the raid so there is no other good team to use against it. That’s why everyone was using Rey, because she’s the only option we have. Taking that away doesn’t magically make all the other teams that get flattened by the Sith raid any better. Nerfing Rey doesn't make anyone more creative and trying to cloak it in those terms is frankly insulting. They're nerfing Rey because they don't want us to have any real chance against it unless we're whales or until they release a new character that they can sell to us.

Just like with ST Han. They could have made changes that kept him viable, without being an endless loop. But he's been FTP for too long and too many people have him. Ergo, he needed to be stopped completely.
  • Options
    Maybe now would be a good time to give the vets resistance tags since you can no longer claim they’re “too OP” to be resistance since you nerfed resistance to hell and to give the player base a little more of a reward for farming 2 near useless characters just to unlock a now less useful character.

Just a thought.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Oh - and the no health reduction in p2-p4 (despite the fact that all teams will now have reduced damage thanks to the changes) is laughable. It's like you guys are just trolling the plyaer base with this silliness.

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • bitmoji
    143 posts Member
    Options
    I can’t really come up with many theories to craft it’s too exhausting. I did about 8 mil in the heroic raid without doing st Han trick, and only getting 2mil with JTR team. I literally threw every team I had, and in p4 many teams scored 100k or less ( like zero ) while i tried to be a good guild member and chip away at nihilus.

I know that if I am still playing in a couple of months this will seem less hard, but with the stress of trying to do well in territory wars, which has been unexpectedly bad for my guild, territory battles, which are whatever but require time, ship arena getting increasingly hard because i have every ship maxed out which doesn’t help stay ahead of the other people on my shard. So even ship battles takes 20 or 30minutes.

The problem is that the only thing keeping me in the game is that I found a top guild that I really like, but that means I have to buy everything and do everything. I am really burning out.
  • Options
    @CG_RyDiggs -- is that event calendar update accurate that JTRey comes back in 3 days?

Correct, but off topic :)
    Development Manager for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
  • Options
    this is not a solution. you only made the raid harder, and didn't make ANY squads really any more viable or useful. the tenacity is bad. either start low and stack up, or flat high, not start high and then get impossible. you have made easily 75% of the toons in this game worthless to this raid, and by nerfing the one very good squad, have done nothing but make 98% of your user base unable to do top content. Unless you have a new level cap or new 6/7dot mods coming very very soon, you f***ed up hard on this raid, as there is no solution to improvement so most people can kill it. 5% reduced HP to only one phase... seriously. that's a slap in the face and an insult, why even have bothered.
    I am the Tard of Tards
  • Options
    How did you guys not notice this when you tested the raid? Nobody said at a meeting "Hey guys, let's see how the meta teams do against this raid." You would have seen the damage and made changes before release. Instead, you nerf it now and try to soothe us with a 5% decrease in health for phase 1. It's insulting.
  • Options
    The Expose thing is kind of a joke. I totally understand why everyone is so upset. If I had JTR I would be too. My zeta Finn is now losing a lot of efficacy. Which is a major bummer.

The STHan thing obviously needs to change. I’m good with that.

What I don’t get is why was STHan chosen as the log in character? It’s pretty obvious the devs thought he’d be useful. So did they just not bother to find out HOW useful? It really makes no sense.
    Go Pens!
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options
    Every post I see mentioning the ridiculous stacking tenacity mechanic is getting a like from me.
    I don't understand how nerfing the best option for the raid will raise up other teams if you don't actually change aspects of the raid to benefit them.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Options
    @CG_RyDiggs -- is that event calendar update accurate that JTRey comes back in 3 days?

JTR coming back in 3 days?!?!? This just adds insult to injury... no one has time to prepare with such a small heads up. Looks like we've got no chance at heroic for an other 4 months as a 135M gp guild.... great... just great...
  • Cossin
    301 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    So it is pretty much as expected....
    You killed all possibilities and made it impossible for any team until you release the new caps/mods/toons...
    That wouldn‘t have been a problem if you didn’t retrospectively take JTR‘s ability that was advertised...

And honestly... how can I trust you now, when you say „we tested it“?
    I just guess, someone said: expose is too much, cut it by 50% and we‘ll see how that works once our testgroup...eh.... playerbase has gotten their hands on it...

@CG_RyDiggs:
    Can you elaborate what will happen to expose when the next raid arrives and has doubled hp? Will it be reduced to 0.0001 ?
    It is a short term fix unless your future plans are not to release raids with more health... can you help me understand the longterm goals?

And does the change to Traya mean „on-hit abilities“ will stay?
  • APX_919
    2468 posts Member
    Options
    SNAKEMAN wrote: »
    Couple concerns I have! With the decrease in damage for expose base teams, why was only P1 health affected and not P2 as well as it was the primary focus for both phases? Further more the hero buffs given to certain hero’s for potency is laughable when you keep the 50% tenacity stacking buff. It literally negates any debuff attempts and oh by the way there are few debuffs that even work in the Raid to begin with so it really impacts player experience imo a lot! Have nice things and they don’t work and the few things that work will never land even with potency bonus.

I'm sure they will release a toon with a new debuff/ability that reads "enemies with this debuff cannot gain stacking bonuses or multiple copies of buffs". They'll call it "Striking a Balance" or something along those lines. This way they make more money, we can beat the raid with the new shiny and are somewhat placated until the new shiny gets nerfed a week later by saying "does not apply to Raid bosses".
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • RekiemD
    133 posts Member
    Options
    I have been playing since December 2016 and this is the lowest point this game has touched so far.
    Really sorry to say.
  • Options
    YanM123 wrote: »

JTR coming back in 3 days?!?!? This just adds insult to injury... no one has time to prepare with such a small heads up. Looks like we've got no chance at heroic for an other 4 months as a 135M gp guild.... great... just great...

Umm.. you have had a couple of months to be prepping for her. While the other gripes in this thread are legit, this one is ridiculous.
  • PuppyJuicers
    155 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    They could've just said, "Expose squads, particularly Rey Jedi Training squads, negativity affect our plans to release P2P characters that will make the Sith Triumvirate raid significantly easier. Therefore, we've decided to nerf Expose in an effort to maximize our profits when those characters are finally released.".

At this point, just be upfront and honest. You aren't fooling anyone. Lol
    Post edited by PuppyJuicers on
  • Author
    24 posts Member
    Options
    Nerfing expose was really not the issue at this point, I see your argument for the concern about it moving forward, but this raid is seriously trash. The absurd tenacity BREAKS almost every other squad in the game. Not allowing DoTs to land--seriously? I understand not wanting TM reduction to dominate like it has in the last two raids, ok, fine, make TM resist a thing like you did with the Vader rework, but nerfing Expose and leaving every other squad broken is quite literally making me question the collective IQs of the CG team.

Make your raid design fun, interesting, and not squad breaking. At this point I absolutely dread having to put my five attempts into the raid every day because it's BORING. There is just nothing fun about it. And I used to be a top world WoW raider in the past, I used to love tossing 100-200 attempts into a fight with new mechanics and new things to figure out, but that is not this raid, that is not your current lack of thoughtful game design with legit challenges. You're asking for spam and grind without grace. Give us some skill please, not grind.
  • Options
    All of this will be moot in May when we get level 95 and new mods with a whole new set of ability affecting attributes. That's obviously what the raid is tuned for.
  • Mol_Eliza_99999
    278 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    “...which we believe will help spur on additional, lively theorycrafting”

This Raid ignores every game mechanics: Debuffs, TMR, Buffs (DN steals them) and now Expose and TM on-damage. What theorycrafting, aside from brainless brute force and throwing your roster aka chipping at a brick wall? Not much fun in it. And even that is probably available to top 10 guilds only.

You guys need to really listen to your player base. Reducing Tenacity to manageable levels would be a good start.
  • Options
    YanM123 wrote: »

Umm.. you have had a couple of months to be prepping for her. While the other gripes in this thread are legit, this one is ridiculous.

I've had her since the day of her release... but not everyone chased her... as a guild officer, we've not required our members to have it until this raid was released.. our members are working on it but they have not had the chance to finish off both vets within that time. We're trying so hard to move forward but CG is on a streak of putting sticks in our wheels as of late. It's getting annoying especially that they are not listening to any of the feedback
  • Options
    What about the rewards

Please remove gear that is available in daily challenges from raid prizes

Carbantis are the only exception, but more than willing to give those up to not have other challenge gear in there
    Two Time Golden Poo Award Winner
  • Options
    Characters like Imperial Probe Driod, a reward charcater for TB no less, are still going to be worthless. Even with the zeta target lock gets resisted due to tenacity stacking AND self destruct does nothing to a raid boss. So this "exclusive" character serves no purpose and does nothing in the Sith Raid and that is by your design....
  • Author
    24 posts Member
    Options
    Further...nerfing expose which was the JTR thing on past raids, like HAAT where players are in a nice grove with their runs is also silly. I stretched a little to get the Vets farmed for JTR. I won't do that again since CG plans to nerf whatever they need to nerf and player costs can go eat cake. Bad strategy by your team.

Alternative solution--give the raid bosses in this raid an expose-nerf buff, leave the rest of the raids that are already in motion alone.

I swear you guys just don't think things through to logical conclusions over there.
  • Options
    Isnt the the 50% reduction to expose and the 5% health reduction a double hit to damage since its based on character total health. So now its taking 50% less of a lower max health.
  • Options
    For a company that claims they want us to try new combinations and use the full abilities of all of the characters, you sure aren't letting us do that. Nerf expose? Ok. Remove your own self-inflicted TM loop of STH, because you are unable to account for things from a day 1 character? Ok.

Make a raid where not a single debuff can land? That's just lazy. Offense down, Defense down, Tenacity down, Slow, Pain. How are any of those making this stupid raid any easier? Because a character will now die in the 4th turn instead of the 3rd? Because you can't have a squad doing 4% overall damage on one of the phases?

Congrats CG. If your aim is to anger the paying community and have people either quit or move to f2p, then you have succeeded.

If your actual aim is to create a fun and challenging raid, then don't destroy what so many characters offer in terms of debuffs and other mitigations. I understand removing stun and ability block. But knowing how and when to use stagger and daze is part of the game experience. At least come up with creative solutions to those debuffs like you did with Gen Grievous. 7 hits and he goes, period. He can be slowed, but after 7 hits, watch out. That was creative and required special strategies to overcome.

This raid is simply not fun. Even with all of the original frustrations with the HAAT raid, it was still fun. We would spend hours working out the best way to get max potential out of phase 1. Now it's simply just insert squad x and hope you do enough damage that the rest of the guild can match it and then slog on to phase 2 where it's the same thing again. About the only cool thing you've come up with for this raid is the soothe and unbreakable will. Those are great for timing out how to protect yourself.