GW difficulty increases dramatically at level 60

Replies

• Artas
    223 posts Member
    Options
    Hmm...didn't notice that... I clear GW every single day... Sometimes quicker, sometimes not as some stages are really difficult but you can pass them anyway.
  • Options
    This is not a complaining thread.

I have not had any problems with GW before since I acquired access to it. I lost some, but mostly won even with the new changes which I didn't mind.

However, the past four days I'm only on the third fight and I am getting level 63 and 65 players. I am at level 62. As a result of this I can't withstand the barrage teams blasting me.

I have not been able to level up all of my toons to 62 because I've decided I'm not putting any more money into the game. I spent way too much as it is (more money than I have ever or ever will again). I have about four toons leveled up to level 62, and have the training droids to level up, but not the credits.

Is GW harder because I can't level up.
  • Options
    Always get ruined on the last two battle I retreat 50 times with different charters how can I beat lvl 67 all 7* with my level 65 mostly 6*
  • Options
    I do it every day, expect to lose some on last battle. Battle before suicide squad first to absorb blows and specials then when they are dead log in your prime group and mop up.
    Ingame name Daremo
    Player Ally Code: 631-533-975
  • Options
    Yeah GW is extremely EASY now. Havent lost a single one since they changed it. I have no idea why so many people cry about change, its laughably easy now and impossible to lose
  • Song
    863 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Jedarkside wrote: »
    Always get ruined on the last two battle I retreat 50 times with different charters how can I beat lvl 67 all 7* with my level 65 mostly 6*

Why you lv67 and didnt have 7 stars? Why are you so weak? lol

@Daddyngo007 OP didnt have 7stars and he is lv67. Dont you see his problem?
  • DraxalArmadine
    106 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    8th node on. 67 plus all 7 stars.....awesome job on making people hate a game mechanic.
    Post edited by Hozilla on
  • Options
    It happens man. Don't let a game ruin your day. Remeber GW can pull basically anyone, I had an easy day with several bariss//chewie teams. 2 days ago I had a lvl 70 spike team, FOTP, QGJ, Poe, geo soldier, Sidious. That team ate a good bit of my roster. Better luck tomorrow brother.
  • Options
    Sid, FOTP, poe, dofag, lumi. They at the entire roster...
  • Options
    Lol...post edited by "ho"zilla. How is that name allowed by the forum guidelines?
  • Options
    I'm trying to figure out the MM, so if you have a hard time completing GW, please anser these questions. In reality, I am trying to help you, as GW is super easy for me.

What is your arena rank(approx)?

How many toons do you have?

What is your average level and power for your top 5?

How deep is your bench for GW, approx # of toons, level and power per?

Do you have a bunch of midlevel completely useless toons (lvl 20-40ish)? If so how many?
  • DanTom
    975 posts SWGOH Dev Team
    edited January 2016
    Options
    1. Top 50 somewhere, higher if I fight all five instead of 3.
    2. Not sure total number, all but the bottom row or so. No Ben or Rey.
    3. Avg level is 66/67 or so and power near 22k
    4. 18 purple geared toons 55+
    5. 14 geared heroes 60+
    6. 8 are max level and gear (8/9)

My fodder squad is massive and I use mainly 5 or so in the 45-50 range for suiceide runs.

Hit my hardest team ever today. Had to sacrifice two of my best, dooku and Poe.
  • Options
    1 been as high as 65, currently around 300.
    2. Ehhh...not sure lol. Maybe 5 rows...so 25ish toons?
    3. Average lvl of my best is 47. If I factor in the duds it would drop to low 30s.
    4. After my mid to high 40s I have a few 30s and a couple lower.
    5. I have about 7 useless toons although some will evolve eventually (Genosian Soldier I'm looking at you).

If it helps your theory crafting I had stayed in the 100 ish range for several days and kept getting dominated in GW, but today after I slipped to 300+ I got to the last fight and grinded them down to 2 toons left, so almost completed it. Sadly I had used everyone to get that far and my low toons couldn't get it done.
  • ThewhiteonE
    658 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    1) bounce between 15 - 50.
    2) 18 (No Daka, Dooku, barriss,QGJ, Poe)
    3) +/- 16000 lvl54
    4) 13 toons most lvl4 gear, most on lvl2 abilities & all lvl45. Most are 2* & I use all for GW if a suicide squad is needed... Situational.
    5) I'd guess so. Say about 10 out of my remaining troops aren't super good.

PS have finished GW 9 days in a row now after reading a few guides to pickup tips.

Edit : I'm f2p
  • Options
    Don't have much problem with GW but I guess more data you have the better?

1) Not bothered much with arena. Usually top 200.

2) 27 characters total

3)
    - My lvl: 66
    - avarage lvl of top 5 toons: 55
    - avarage power: 4,084 (20,424 total)

4) I rarely have to use extras but apart of my best 5 I've got:
    - 6 more characters above lvl 50 with purple gear (16,6k power total/2,8k avarage)
    - 4 more lvl 49's with blue gear that I could use with some effect (10,6k power total/ 2,6k avarage)

5) About 12 of those between levels 25 and 48. All have too little health/power to be used for anything else than cannon fodder.
  • Options
    Ok so you are playing against another players team (same like arena).
    But is the player playing GW live in real time you are or its AI playing it for them?

Opposing teams levels?
    If you are running a all level 50 team hen why do you start competing with someone who is level 39? How is that fair for the other guy?
    Then when you encounter a team who is level 53, how is it fair for you?
    Sorry I am confused but what is the behind the scenes process for match making a GW game.

Sorry still new to this game.
  • Options
    Hi!
    in order
    - No, you are playing against AI (in GOH you are never playing against someone in real time)
    - The mechanics behind gw's matchmaking isn't clear yet, but the principle is that you will face 12 enemy teams which get stronger (much,much stronger for someone) with every battle. Some people say your opponents are randomly pulled from a pool of teams that depends on your arena rankings, some say it depends on your highest arena rank achieved AND the total power of your team...The thruth is that no official clarification has come. Feel free to use the search button (try "gw match making") .
    - It isn't. Welcome to GW. If you are encountering some dfficulties try the "guide" section of this forum.
    Good luck

• Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Nobody knows. Some prople has s cakewslk some others face heck. My feeling is that your server has the strongest influence, but nobody knows, as this game works blackbox style
    Post edited by Hozilla on
  • Options
    No one knows! It's a SECRET!
    I think is the the best answer.
    The team combinations are very odd.

I just now faced a team consisting of 48-50, then next round 42-48 and then finally 50-51.
    It's all over the place.
  • Options
    I just won 15 straight GW's with relative ease and then got my @**** handed to me yesterday. It is a mystery!
  • Jedarkside
    70 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    @song did you read what I said I have lvl 65s at 6 stars getting to seven soon but I am being put up to 7 star level 67's and that my 3 last fight I still have 2 to go after that... how.. how.. BTW I'm FTP that's why I didn't buy my way to 7 stars
  • Options
    Screenshot_2016_01_31_11_44_45.jpg
    FTP squad
  • Options
    Ok so you are playing against another players team (same like arena).
    But is the player playing GW live in real time you are or its AI playing it for them?

Opposing teams levels?
    If you are running a all level 50 team hen why do you start competing with someone who is level 39? How is that fair for the other guy?
    Then when you encounter a team who is level 53, how is it fair for you?
    Sorry I am confused but what is the behind the scenes process for match making a GW game.

Sorry still new to this game.
    1. not live but the teams you go up against are lineups that real people have recently used in either arena or GW as well
    2. GW progresses from teams that are a couple levels weaker --> teams at the same level --> teams that are a couple levels higher. it's one interpretation of how a real "war" works. the trick is having enough toon depth and strategy to beat even the higher level teams while lasting long enough to go through all of them.
    3. no one knows where the "strength" level to determine your opponents is derived from. my guess is it bases on the power level of the last lineup that you used in arena.
  • Song
    863 posts Member
    Options
    @song did you read what I said I have lvl 65s at 6 stars getting to seven soon but I am being put up to 7 star level 67's and that my 3 last fight I still have 2 to go after that... how.. how.. BTW I'm FTP that's why I didn't buy my way to 7 stars

@Jedarkside im F2P (spent $10 dooku + subscription pack).

couple day ago i have those crazy team on 10th and then lv11 have three 7* and then 12th battle also three 7stars..

lmao look like my team is little better lol

Eq7Y3h0.png
    jyxCrIz.png
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    I used to enjoy this game.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Song
    863 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Screenshot_2016_01_31_11_44_45.jpg
    FTP squad

@Jedarkside This explain why GW is tough for you!

Pro tips: Level up your JC and get Daka she is the main key!! Also Cheww taunt is useful in some battle. Lumi 5stars? get it to 7stars! also Sid get it to 7stars.

The little damage from 6 & 7 stars make huge difference. That is between Winner and a loser.
    Here is my winner team / rank 20-50

Eq7Y3h0.png

Post edited by Song on
  • Artas
    223 posts Member
    Options
    Nobody knows, even EA and CG... I am lvl 67 and faced lvl 70 top chars with the perfect synergy... and it was at stage 7...