GW difficulty increases dramatically at level 60

Replies

• Jsnazz
    349 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    VoDkA wrote: »
    I was level 54 facing 65's i felt like I was trying to eat rice with chop sticks.
    Terrible analogy lol
    My 100% f2p toons are still level 50 and I able to complete GW daily, even going up against player 15 level above me with purple gears. After reading your post, I'll never reveal the secret in completing it.

Ps. GW is meant to be hard, for people that sucks at this game ; )

• Options
    There should be an option not to level up, and max out your toons before proceeding to the next level, that way everyone has a fair playing field. But GW is a different beast on its own, I was level 54 facing 65's i felt like I was trying to eat rice with chop sticks.

Amen. Right now, I'm just grinding, hell, I've not even passed the Stage 4 Light/Dark stuff, simply working on getting gear, shards, etc. Kinda sucks when I get hit with level 52+ enemies all of a sudden when most of mine are in high 30s/low 40s.
  • Options
    Guys. Im f2p and constatly doing GW. Yeah sometimes its more difficult..I couldnt do this today because im 61 and got 2 level70teams in a row and I did booth with my main team but yeah enough said all my characters died for the No10battle. Yeah it started to became hard to accomplish but keep and you will make it
  • Options
    Hey man I feel your pain.
    I beat the last 59 consecutive GW's and today was the first time I could not beat it either. I'm usually a top 10-20 on my server and I never thought I'd have any trouble considering the depth of my bench. But today was just brutal from the very first fight. I honestly don't remember when was the last time I faced so many level 70 teams with all 7* characters, or retreating and praying for the odds to be on my side.
    I lost with two stages left. :(

Can anyone else give their input as to whether or not the difficulty of GW has changed? Thanks.
  • Options
    I've been facing the level 70 teams for a while. I just pray for no Daka. The rest is gravy. I usually get one or two teams around battle 9 that get really hard and I have to make swaps to adjust. I usually just bring in a counter to the problem enemy. In extreme cases I send in a sucide squad to take out that hero completely.

I only have like 7 level 79s and maybe a dozen more coming up and none of the FOTP or anything. I run 2 heals, rotated depending on the fight, a 6* Dooku and 6* almost 7* QGJ works like 85% of the time with a few shuffles in leader.
  • Options
    Yeah today was much harder. I had to retreat on the eighth node. I lost my Tusken Raider on the 11 node and had to use Nute on the final one to complete. I've never had to use a sixth character to complete GW. If it gets any harder I may have to use a seventh
  • Options
    Which is the purpose of GW to begin with, using more than just the main squad
    Say no to bugs! Geonosian ones
  • Options
    Yes, indeed actually since yesterday players observe it is way harder. I completed GW since a month almost everytime and did not upgrade the toons (refrained to build a higher amount same level toons in a wider roaster) nor increased in the arena rank (also never had a higher rank) by that the conditions should not have changed for me significantly, thus the perception that it did should have a conspirational background? I face now already from the middle nodes setups with characters 15LV above my highest rated character.
    As we all have similar observations we "all have either a very bad day" or something is going on...
  • Options
    I have no idea why others gw's are like this. I've only ever not beaten it once and managed every battle except the last.
  • Options
    Jsnazz wrote: »
    I was level 54 facing 65's i felt like I was trying to eat rice with chop sticks.
    Terrible analogy lol
    My 100% f2p toons are still level 50 and I able to complete GW daily, even going up against player 15 level above me with purple gears. After reading your post, I'll never reveal the secret in completing it.

Ps. GW is meant to be hard, for people that sucks at this game ; )

How many toons you have
  • Options
    It's tough early on, as you tend to focus on a core 5. The trick to GW is a good toon roster, once you get 8 7* max toons you can auto and clear GW daily.
  • Options
    Snootking wrote: »
    I have no idea why others gw's are like this. I've only ever not beaten it once and managed every battle except the last.

I run a couple of accounts. You would not believe how different they are!

One account is finishing every time. Seeing teams that are brutal for one or two fights.

The other, which is not as far along, sees teams at least as brutal as the first account, 4-5 in a row of ever escalating difficulty. It is lower in Arena rank by a lot, lower level, but seeing higher opponents. Haven't finished for a week straight.

It is almost like the second account has somehow been marked mistakenly - or the first never was.
  • Options
    I think they should have a cap so anyone below level 60 can't meet a team above 60 otherwise new players are never going to catch up.

I started this game first week of hard launch so have never really had a problem but I've been able to keep up with the increases and went weeks being top level so benefitted greatly. Think I have only failed gw 4 times since in started playing due to always being near top level.
  • Options
    Maybe its based on your arena rank?

But I can't afford to go any lower, its my only way to win crystals and reliable way to farm ventress. =\

Can somebody try this? Let your rank in arena drop significantly then attempt GW?

I'll try equipping a garbage team in arena ONCE before refreshing GW, maybe that'll help?
  • Options
    Its not based or arena im not really Jedi confirm this.

Now to gw is soooo **** Easy
    Its more of a puzzle if anything else.
    Now all you need is JC,lumi and a other healer If you want and Either a tank or healthy dpser. And u just need to puzzle the gw. Its not very hard Once u get demonic Teams send in suicide Squad to let them blow cds If u go in next battle with No cds and are Low u did wrong restart and do It Right. Now i use ventress 7 stars, lumi 7, JC 7, fives 6, and IG 86 7. These heroes is all i need to do gw daily takes 30-40 min to do It. Now stop all this crying on gw.
  • Options
    Well that changed nothing...

And to all you people with 7* heroes telling us to stop complaining.... You have no ground to stand on!!!! YOU HAVE REACHED THE CAPSTONE! No wonder its easy for you, the enemy can't be any stronger than you..... Duh.

Its like hunting wolves from a helicopter with bazookas and telling the hunter with his knife about how easy it is... -_-
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    Options

And to all you people with 7* heroes telling us to stop complaining.... You have no ground to stand on!!!! YOU HAVE REACHED THE CAPSTONE! No wonder its easy for you, the enemy can't be any stronger than you..... Duh.

Its like hunting wolves from a helicopter with bazookas and telling the hunter with his knife about how easy it is... -_-

except those of us who are completing daily also completed without full 7* while ranking up our characters. i've completed 65 gw's, 62 consecutive wins and i still use a 5* daka. except since the update, i use full auto and i don't lose a single character...same 5 characters.
    5* bariss
    5* daka
    7* dooku
    7* lumi
    7* jc
    and i'm facing full 7* lvl 70 gear 8/9 teams lol
    mighty chlorians
  • Options
    Galactic wars sux !!!!!
  • Options
    I've beaten it twice in a row post update... And I only beat it once pre update
  • Mstrdrgn1012
    441 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    reizse wrote: »

except those of us who are completing daily also completed without full 7* while ranking up our characters. i've completed 65 gw's, 62 consecutive wins and i still use a 5* daka. except since the update, i use full auto and i don't lose a single character...same 5 characters.
    5* bariss
    5* daka
    7* dooku
    7* lumi
    7* jc
    and i'm facing full 7* lvl 70 gear 8/9 teams lol

If I had your character setup I'd be lolling my way through auto as well.

From what I've read, GW is getting harder than it used to be, meaning when you were around my level it was a lot easier for you than it is for us newbies now.

GW difficulty is just wrong... Near impossible with increasing difficulty for newcomers and too easy for the vets. -_-

I don't think they have the right approach for the difficulty; throwing teams at us that are unbeatable for newcomers and lol-worthy for the vets is garbage.

I'd be happier facing teams around my own level with a handicap such as no heals allowed, or start the fight with whole team on debuffs that can't be removed. Or add random debuff each turn, or can't apply buffs, etc...
  • Options
    It's not how many heros you have it's what heros you have completed GW easily today was strange
  • Options

lol, I see a lot of that going on around here, people like to ruffle feathers anyway they can. I have known people who cheat like mad then come on the forums like they are legit and a saint. Don't play too much into peoples bull dude, its the internet.

But ya I have passed 4 GW since lvl 40, 67 now, its the most imbalanced thing I have ever seen. Some have it Ez caused they paid alot, some cheat and say they have it ez, but the majority of people are experiencing the same as you and I.
  • Options
    Do people not understand GW is meant to be hard And not meant to be completed Every Day?
  • Options
    Been getting steadiy easier for me.
  • Options
    Today was tough, by the 12th battle i had killed all of my suicide squads and all of my b team toons. Just my a team left against a level 70 fully geared poe and qgj squad. Only won because poe did not taunt until turn 3.
  • Options
    I was really hoping to make Lumi increase a star but seems that has to wait for couple of more days. I have not started doing retreat actually. Till now have managed it all without that. Today may be a good day to start it. Hope I can get at least 400 tokens for today to make at least one purchase.
  • QGJM
    318 posts Member
    Options
    Same. Much harder
  • Options
    I'm just aggravated (and somewhat shamed) that I can't complete a single one.... v_v

I'll try a new strategy, I just realized we don't need a full team of 5 to battle, so I'll waste 1-2 toons at a time to waste the enemy's special attacks instead of killing off 5 at a time. It'll at least buy me a few more 'suicide squads'. =\

Still tho, when facing enemy 10+ lvls over you who focus only on your healer, that gives them near 1-hit KO crits and ~40% dodge/resist. And I get about 4 to 6 of these teams per GW.
  • Options
    Same happened to me, one day you wake up and GW is now impossible. I hope you just got a bad roll and its not so bad tomorrow. For me, it's been impossible every day for a long time now.
  • Options
    It's not you, gw is just broken for some people, trust me. Time to find something new to play in think.