Mod pack improvements missed the mark

Replies

• Options
    EkoDroid wrote: »
    All I know, is I was seconds from spending $50, and have changed my mind after reading the comments. There must be hundreds, if not thousands, of players like me who were gonna pull the trigger, but aren't now. I went from excitement, to slight annoyance in about 2 minutes. Pretty lame devs, pretty lame!

Pretty much. I decided a couple months ago that I was going to throw $100 whenever mod packs returned. After seeing the insane price increase I called it quits at $20. I regret even that.
  • Options
    I've quit spending at all. I dropped about 1200 bucks over the last summer gunning for clone characters and got them.

But the power creep is real and I got real tired real quick of chasing any Meta. My 1200 dollars didn't even last a year before my squad was completely outclassed by later released characters. And its only going to get worse.

But more to the topic, nothing EA is selling looks like a good value buy. Character packs that may drop only 5 shards?! Mod packs that are like simming the Mod Challenge 10 times for like 4 times the cost? The list could go on.

Any notice of a new pack release is quickly deleted by me without a moments hesitation.

I now spend 30 bucks once a month in another monster game, and get more value. A better chat system, more play time, and know exactly what I'm getting. Not to mention the game itself is very generous with handing out its premium currency.
  • Mylion
    62 posts Member
    Options
    RuiVuusen wrote: »
    I've quit spending at all. I dropped about 1200 bucks over the last summer gunning for clone characters and got them.

But the power creep is real and I got real tired real quick of chasing any Meta. My 1200 dollars didn't even last a year before my squad was completely outclassed by later released characters. And its only going to get worse.

But more to the topic, nothing EA is selling looks like a good value buy. Character packs that may drop only 5 shards?! Mod packs that are like simming the Mod Challenge 10 times for like 4 times the cost? The list could go on.

Any notice of a new pack release is quickly deleted by me without a moments hesitation.

I now spend 30 bucks once a month in another monster game, and get more value. A better chat system, more play time, and know exactly what I'm getting. Not to mention the game itself is very generous with handing out its premium currency.

Name the game please
  • Options
    It's a trap!
  • Options
    This whole kraken detour is really silly
  • Options
    Mylion wrote: »
    RuiVuusen wrote: »

Name the game please

I think there's rules against it but it sounds a lot like Wummoner's Sar
  • Options
    Woodroward wrote: »

https://swgoh.gg/u/woodroward/

If that's you, you're not even a guppy let alone a whale/kraken.

That is me. Regularly top 10 in PvP (with droids no less, if you think that a f2p could still pull that off in my shard full of whales, I'll scoff at you), regularly #1 in ships, regularly #2 in my guild raids. I've ONLY been playing since December 10th, and am in a guild that doesn't run heroics, and only recently switched to running 6 stars regularly. I am totally a Kraken/Whale. Don't want to get too much into specifics, but once you've spent thousands of dollars on a game in a few months... Yeah, that makes you AT LEAST a whale.

If it was a matter of pride, I'd be claiming I was f2p, not the reverse.

I started this game because several of my rl friends play it, and I saw how the game play reminded me of magic. I reached a point where I could leave my friends guild or spend money to progress as I wished. I chose to spend money.

I have been playing for 4 months and have a 7 star ewok scout that I barely ran any hard modes for. I have 15 7 star characters, a handful in t10, 1 in t11, and many in t9. As I said, I don't run heroics, I'm not in a top raiding guild. I'm in a guild that will take down its own heroics eventually and screw other people's progression curves.

My money spent is apparent in my profile if you have all the facts.

But it's easy to try to make judgement calls without all the relevant facts, so I'll forgive you your ignorant comment.

The ignorant comment here is trying to use a 7* ewok scout as an example of your status.....
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    The ignorant comment here is trying to use a 7* ewok scout as an example of your status.....

Why you trying to troll too? You want this thread closed?

The only ignorant comments in this side topic were the ones made by Deaconyourmouth. If you don't see that, you don't realize what an invested in young account looks like either.

Ewok Scout has only one hard mode available until you are about 3 months into the game, and 2 for around a month or more after that. At a 1/3 drop rate that averages out to about 144 shards for him. At a 1/5 drop rate, which is the more accepted number I have seen, that's about 90 shards for him. So having an extra ~200+ shards for him seems like an easy bronzium haul over less than 4 months to you? In reality, I got maybe a shard or two from hard modes, so 320 from bronziums?

For some one who can judge a young account, the money spent would be apparent just by the presence of a 7 star ewok scout on a less than 4 months old account, let alone the amount of gear, levels, stars, etc. on the account.

Side note:he was actually my 5th 7 star character.

Now please do not continue the trolling trend further.

Post edited by Woodroward on
  • Austin09370
    850 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Why do you care so much? Are you expecting people to be impressed by your roster and give you compliments? Bottom line, you may have spent a lot of money, but it didn't equate into you having a good roster.
  • WompWompRat
    1833 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I don't know if Woodward yours counts as a total kraken account. But either way, hopefully you'll continue to build more characters along the way.

Btw, this might be more of a kraken account since it's only 3 months old. https://swgoh.gg/u/douuuuche/collection/ ;)
  • Osisiv
    172 posts Member
    Options
    vessaharja wrote: »
    Old packs would create an enormous gap between people spending vs not spending. Old mod packs would guarantee OP toons with insane speed. Non spenders would not have a chance. Now everybody gets equal i.e no-one really gains and the balance remains.

I think the advantage and point of whaling and krakening has been lost. Nowadays people spending are just dumb because they really gain only little value where as in the past they got OP stuff for money.

Agreed. Nothing to spend for at all. Wait a few weeks and just start getting the packs for cheap in shipments. And this is coming from someone who bought and maxed every character pack up to Nihilus.

It's like CG has gone full scam mode. The 4-5 week "privilege" of exclusive access to a new team being priced at $4,000.00 is nonsense. I didn't bother even buying a single mod pack knowing they would be garbage. And they are.

• Options
    I don't know if Woodward yours counts as a total kraken account. But either way, hopefully you'll continue to build more characters along the way.

Btw, this might be more of a kraken account since it's only 3 months old. https://swgoh.gg/u/douuuuche/collection/ ;)

This. So much this.
  • Options

https://swgoh.gg/u/woodroward/

If that's you, you're not even a guppy let alone a whale/kraken.

That is me. Regularly top 10 in PvP (with droids no less, if you think that a f2p could still pull that off in my shard full of whales, I'll scoff at you), regularly #1 in ships, regularly #2 in my guild raids. I've ONLY been playing since December 10th, and am in a guild that doesn't run heroics, and only recently switched to running 6 stars regularly. I am totally a Kraken/Whale. Don't want to get too much into specifics, but once you've spent thousands of dollars on a game in a few months... Yeah, that makes you AT LEAST a whale.

If it was a matter of pride, I'd be claiming I was f2p, not the reverse.

I started this game because several of my rl friends play it, and I saw how the game play reminded me of magic. I reached a point where I could leave my friends guild or spend money to progress as I wished. I chose to spend money.

I have been playing for 4 months and have a 7 star ewok scout that I barely ran any hard modes for. I have 15 7 star characters, a handful in t10, 1 in t11, and many in t9. As I said, I don't run heroics, I'm not in a top raiding guild. I'm in a guild that will take down its own heroics eventually and screw other people's progression curves.

My money spent is apparent in my profile if you have all the facts.

But it's easy to try to make judgement calls without all the relevant facts, so I'll forgive you your ignorant comment.

But he also finishes 14th with droids.
  • Options
    @EA/CG: I LOVED mod packs in their prior iteration. But doubling the cost and reducing the quality of drops in these new packs was a questionable move, at best.

The only thing I've ever spent money on in this game were mod packs. I'd definitely continue spending under the previous mod pack format. Prior packs usually had 7-8 total mods, including 5-6 that were 4 or 5 dot. And about half the mods in the pack were blue, purple, or gold.

Now we have a bunch of 3 dot green mods, with one gold and one 5 dot?!? Give me a break; I'll not be wasting any more money on this.

It's not worth paying almost twice as much for lower quality mods, just because they are from the same set. Your players aren't dumb enough to believe that, so it's pretty insulting to have this thrown in our faces and called a good deal.

PLEASE, please bring back mod packs in their previous iteration!!!! It was the one thing that almost everyone in the community had positive feedback on...but now it has been taken away and re-issued at twice the price and half the quality?!?

These new mod packs do not reflect "listening to player feedback". We bought the previous mod packs because the quality of the mods from them; now the one reason to buy them has been taken away from us. No one cares about a matching set bonus if the mods are all garbage.
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options

Why you trying to troll too? You want this thread closed?

The only ignorant comments in this side topic were the ones made by Deaconyourmouth. If you don't see that, you don't realize what an invested in young account looks like either.

Ewok Scout has only one hard mode available until you are about 3 months into the game, and 2 for around a month or more after that. At a 1/3 drop rate that averages out to about 144 shards for him. At a 1/5 drop rate, which is the more accepted number I have seen, that's about 90 shards for him. So having an extra ~200+ shards for him seems like an easy bronzium haul over less than 4 months to you? In reality, I got maybe a shard or two from hard modes, so 320 from bronziums?

For some one who can judge a young account, the money spent would be apparent just by the presence of a 7 star ewok scout on a less than 4 months old account, let alone the amount of gear, levels, stars, etc. on the account.

Side note:he was actually my 5th 7 star character.

Now please do not continue the trolling trend further.

Nice maths dude
    Unfortunately that doesn't take away from the fact that despite having spent "thousands of dollars" on this game in the past few months, you have nothing to show for it
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Options

He's actually missing a lot aside from the obvious sith. There are people who basically buy everything possible in a very short period of time.
  • WompWompRat
    1833 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options

He's actually missing a lot aside from the obvious sith. There are people who basically buy everything possible in a very short period of time.

Yeah, there's definitely an absence of potential opportunities to capitalize on key toons that can be viable for any situation. The lack of a Rex, Chaze or Nihilus in his roster are some examples. That said, I've seen my share of horrible krakens/whales in this game myself ... on my shard there's a kraken/whale who has like twice the number of 7* toons that I do, but his characters all have mediocre gear and horrible mods. If he was more strategic and say, cut back on the number of crystals spent on shards and beefed up his gear and mods, it'd be a whole different story.

Sigh
  • WyldStyl3
    28 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options

You know the join date on swgoh.gg is the date you signed up for the mod sync thing, right? Mine says joined Dec 17, 2016, but I've been playing non-stop since 6 days after this game came out.

Also, referring to a different post, the arena stats on that are either not very accurate or the highest, lowest, and average rank are only for the last 30 days like the chart is.

Oh yeah, I bought one of the mod packs before I realized NOPE. Terrible. I used to buy the max of the old mad packs. They were worth it.
  • Options
    I've never seen the word ignorant used so many times.

These mod packs got the "improvement" treatment, which ruined them. I never had a chance at the old packs but I have seen what they contain and would have liked to buy a few. I bought only two of these and got no golds, and mostly 3 star mods. My five stars were of course squares so I got zero value for my money.

Bring back the old pack please.
  • Options
    WyldStyl3 wrote: »

You know the join date on swgoh.gg is the date you signed up for the mod sync thing, right? Mine says joined Dec 17, 2016, but I've been playing non-stop since 6 days after this game came out.

Also, referring to a different post, the arena stats on that are either not very accurate or the highest, lowest, and average rank are only for the last 30 days like the chart is.

Oh yeah, I bought one of the mod packs before I realized NOPE. Terrible. I used to buy the max of the old mad packs. They were worth it.

Yeah I know, I started playing late Dec but didn't really get into the game until Jan 2017. I was just late getting on SWGOH.gg
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Meanwhile back at EA's command room located in the orbital system of out of touch with reality...

060fcd323c4d7f2aa2517c56159ba722e3d468f1_hq.gif

• Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options

Whale is certainly more appropriate thank Kraken.

I didn't want to buy everything. I just wanted to buy a lot of keys to a lot of doors.
    tRRRey wrote: »

Nice maths dude
    Unfortunately that doesn't take away from the fact that despite having spent "thousands of dollars" on this game in the past few months, you have nothing to show for it

And yet another troll. If people can't see the value in my account, then they have tunnel vision.

Yes I have no exclusive characters. Yes I don't have EVERY character in the game. I have about 20 more characters than someone with my age account should. I have about 10 more 7 stars than I should, I have about 23 purple gear levels that I shouldn't. I have an average of 10 levels spread over 79 characters that I shouldn't. I podium every raid, and I podium every fleet payout. I have gotten amazing value out of the crystals that I spent.

I stopped buying crystals when they started releasing characters that cost $400 to level. I will NOT spend my crystals on anything that isn't farmable outside of data cards. Until they stop releasing characters that way, I won't be buying any more crystals. That doesn't change the fact that I am a whale. That doesn't change how much I have spent.

People can scoff at my roster all they want. but all it will ever be is evidence of their ignorance. Now does anyone else wish to disagree so I can explain their lack of perception to them as well?

• Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    CleverWes wrote: »
    WildMango wrote: »
    I'm not sure what is going on... lol. I was expecting something entirely different when I came into this thread.

My thread got hijacked because the definition of whale was determined to be more important than us getting the short end of the stick becuase of the changes to the mod packs.

In fairness, it had been pretty well universally accepted that the mod pack now sucks prior to the tangent.

This
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    The mod packs now aren't nearly as good as before. We're asked to pay an extra 40% just for the ability to choose which set to buy. I was much happier with 600 crystal deal for the random mods that they did before...

This. Please bring back mod packs in their previous iteration!!!
  • Options
    As soon as I saw that the mod packs were going to be "improved" I wrote them off as a possible source of good mods. This game is all about slaughtering golden egg laying geese asap.

As for Woodroward, the reason people aren't seeing value for the money you have spent is because it just isn't there. I'm pretty sure the Krueger-Dunning effect is at fault. There were a couple droid squads regularly finishing well up the top five of my arena until the five month mark. I don't know if they spent money to do that, but I'm pretty sure I could have matched them without it if I had chosen to go droids.

• Options
    As soon as I saw that the mod packs were going to be "improved" I wrote them off as a possible source of good mods. This game is all about slaughtering golden egg laying geese asap.

As for Woodroward, the reason people aren't seeing value for the money you have spent is because it just isn't there. I'm pretty sure the Krueger-Dunning effect is at fault. There were a couple droid squads regularly finishing well up the top five of my arena until the five month mark. I don't know if they spent money to do that, but I'm pretty sure I could have matched them without it if I had chosen to go droids.

No, the reason people aren't seeing value for the money is because they have tunnel vision on what they think is worth investing in in this game. Everything I have invested in has improved my ability to farm in some way or another many times over. Everything has enhanced my rate of progression in this game overall, and far better than any of these expensive exclusive characters would have.

From the time Wedge becomes available until level 80 droid teams get beaten down handily. HK's leader ability being maxed brings them back into viability for 2 levels before Zauls take over and shut them down again. Someone from an old shard has no idea how progression is on a young shard these days. Maybe K2S0 being in galactic war now will change that. I'm not sure. I'm not about to start over to find out.

Thanks for playing the "I'm going to make an ignorant comment at Woodroward so he can correct my flawed perception" game.

• Options

No, the reason people aren't seeing value for the money is because they have tunnel vision on what they think is worth investing in in this game. Everything I have invested in has improved my ability to farm in some way or another many times over. Everything has enhanced my rate of progression in this game overall, and far better than any of these expensive exclusive characters would have.

From the time Wedge becomes available until level 80 droid teams get beaten down handily. HK's leader ability being maxed brings them back into viability for 2 levels before Zauls take over and shut them down again. Someone from an old shard has no idea how progression is on a young shard these days. Maybe K2S0 being in galactic war now will change that. I'm not sure. I'm not about to start over to find out.

Thanks for playing the "I'm going to make an ignorant comment at Woodroward so he can correct my flawed perception" game.

Just because people don't see your roster the same way you do, doesn't make us ignorant.

We were all in your position before.

You say you've spent thousands, we don't see it. It doesn't make us ignorant.

Your "holier than thou" attitude is grating and if you're half as annoying in real life than you are on the forums, you must be a joy to be around.

Basically, Just because we don't see eye to eye doesn't make those with differing opinions, ignorant.

Have fun with your "roster" when your shard matures in 2 months.
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options

Just because people don't see your roster the same way you do, doesn't make us ignorant.

Your "holier than thou" attitude is grating and if you're half as annoying in real life than you are on the forums, you must be a joy to be around.

Basically, Just because we don't see eye to eye doesn't make those with differing opinions, ignorant.

it's because of ignorance that you don't see it. Being called ignorant is not an insult. If you think it is, you might want to get yourself checked for being a Know-it-all. As for the holier than thou attitude, who started off calling others a liar, here?

Wasn't it you.? Yeah, it was... Have fun trying to act like the mature one some other place where you've already proven yourself to be a troll beyond a shadow of a doubt.

And no, none of you have been in my position. Where there was a complete new set of toons coming out every month that completely rewrote the meta as you were leveling. Sorry, but the game has changed, your leveling experience isn't representative of new players.

• LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    Options
    I appreciate you split the packs into their type, but increasing the price and lowering the quality is really sad. 400$ worth of mods not one worth using. And then i had to spend 30 minutes deleting all of them one by one because the interface sucks. Let us delete mods before we accept them. Get rid of 3 dot mods all together and increase the quality of the mods. I really cant believe the "cash grab" mentality is so strong with you guys. Its embarassing when at the end of the day there is nothing to this game. Lastly. All mods should drop with a speed secondary no matter what. All other mods are useless. <end rant>. Guys im really starting to get irritated and you need to provide value for the money we invest. I am really at my limit here

Guys like us are driving this marketing strategy. I wouldnt drop 400.00 on this pack, but i am guilty as u for buying gear...;)

Your complaint is great, though. The imagery of deleting $400.00 one mod at a time is brilliant. Ea should pay u to keep ur mouth shut. :)
  • Options

it's because of ignorance that you don't see it. Being called ignorant is not an insult. If you think it is, you might want to get yourself checked for being a Know-it-all. As for the holier than thou attitude, who started off calling others a liar, here?

Wasn't it you.? Yeah, it was... Have fun trying to act like the mature one some other place where you've already proven yourself to be a troll beyond a shadow of a doubt.

And no, none of you have been in my position. Where there was a complete new set of toons coming out every month that completely rewrote the meta as you were leveling. Sorry, but the game has changed, your leveling experience isn't representative of new players.

Aurodium? Remember Those? Oh yeah, you don't because you've only been playing for 4 months.

So basically, you don't even know the history of the game and you're trying to act like you're some sort of, to borrow your term, "Know-it-all".