OFFICIAL: Rise Together Event: RETURN!

Replies

• Options
    FroggyTaco wrote: »
    Begin11 wrote: »

It would foolish to attempt to announce anything prior to it actually being live or being uploaded to be live at this point.

And yet, some people think it is totally appropriate for them to do this the first time.....
  • Options
    How about double the speed to actually activate double drop? I've been waiting the whole day. Not my favorite thing to do...
  • Options
    This thread has become redundant. We get it everyone is upset.

+1

I've dont waste any crystals on refreshes because i played long enough to see if its doubled or not. And its the first time i've seen an update not working correctly from the beginning. So im not that upset.
  • Options
    Zolaz wrote: »
    Demonic-Hordes.jpg

Yaassss!! Demonic Horde FTW!
    CLONE HELMETS!! Now let's get Sabine her epic helmet.
  • Spyda
    318 posts Member
    Options
    Roken_Fett wrote: »

Nope, it got countered. Sorry.
  • Options
    This whole argument about "Cantina" and "Cantina Battles" is dumb. ANYONE that has played this game since the beginning knows that the double drop has always been cantina battle shards. I guess with the exception of this MOD doubles people are talking about that I've never seen, but it's ALWAYS been cantina battle shards so this whole wording argument can stop because it's not valid.
  • AndroiDad75
    59 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    But that's not true. The first double rewards was for the May the 4th celebration last year. Each day had a different double drop location. They did cantina, ls/ds, gw.

So it hasn't always just been cantina battles...
  • Options
    I don't get why the double drop event was postponed as well... I thought it was just the ship thing that was broken. No one cares about the dumb ship event. We are all waiting for the double drop, just giving it to us would go a long way towards quieting the angry mob. Although, seeing as how we've been sitting here twiddling our thumbs for over 12 hours with no fix, I would recommend something along the lines of "triple drops" as a gesture of good will to the community.
  • Options
    But that's not true. The first double rewards was for the May the 4th celebration last year. Each day had a different double drop location. They did cantina, ls/ds, gw.

So it hasn't always just been cantina...

I don't ever remember that being the case, but I wasn't playing the game as frequent at that point because of work. But since then the only drops I've ever seen or been a part of have been cantina battle only. That's how I breezed through Wedge and Lando and then another character I don't remember.
  • Options
    Ok. Real question. The bug in the event and double drops (no matter where they may or may not be) are they connected? Besides being on the same day - the Phoenix event bug does it affect the double drops? Or is this just a case of two bad things happening at once?
  • Zolaz
    392 posts Member
    Options
    Roken_Fett wrote: »
    Zolaz wrote: »
    Demonic-Hordes.jpg

We are coming for your land!!!
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    There have been double drops in locations other than Cantina. But afaik they were not referred to as Cantina double drops. That term has referred to double drops in Cantina nodes.
  • scuba
    14184 posts Member
    Options
    MoeBoogie wrote: »
    This whole argument about "Cantina" and "Cantina Battles" is dumb. ANYONE that has played this game since the beginning knows that the double drop has always been cantina battle shards. I guess with the exception of this MOD doubles people are talking about that I've never seen, but it's ALWAYS been cantina battle shards so this whole wording argument can stop because it's not valid.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/34811/community-update-4-29-2016#latest
    Starting April 30th we’re going to have double rewards (minus XP and Crystals) for all Cantina Battles. This including being able to get double character Shards! The drop rates are not increased, but anything you do get you’ll get double of. Stay tuned as the game mode that offers double rewards will change each day leading up to May 4th.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/69533/preparation-weekend-for-squad-tournament
    Sales, Packs and Doubledrops kick off in preparation for the upcoming Squad Tournament.
    Players will receive DOUBLE DROPS on Light and Dark Hard battles, Mod Challenges and Cantina Battles! In addition, you will receive a 25% BONUS across all crystal packs in the store (one-time bonus for each pack)

So no as @AndroiDad75 said there has been double drops in more than just cantina battles.
  • Options
    scuba wrote: »

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/34811/community-update-4-29-2016#latest
    Starting April 30th we’re going to have double rewards (minus XP and Crystals) for all Cantina Battles. This including being able to get double character Shards! The drop rates are not increased, but anything you do get you’ll get double of. Stay tuned as the game mode that offers double rewards will change each day leading up to May 4th.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/69533/preparation-weekend-for-squad-tournament
    Sales, Packs and Doubledrops kick off in preparation for the upcoming Squad Tournament.
    Players will receive DOUBLE DROPS on Light and Dark Hard battles, Mod Challenges and Cantina Battles! In addition, you will receive a 25% BONUS across all crystal packs in the store (one-time bonus for each pack)

So no as @AndroiDad75 said there has been double drops in more than just cantina battles.

And when they have done it they didn't lump everything together as "Cantina Battles," they specified each one.
  • Options

Ok so has this happened more than once? If not then really? It's a non argument. Dinosaurs walked the earth once too, no one's saying that dinosaurs may return one day.
  • StarSon
    7529 posts Member
    Options

And when they have done it they didn't lump everything together as "Cantina Battles," they specified each one.

Although they do occasionally refer to the game simply as "The cantinta"
  • scuba
    14184 posts Member
    Options

I don't disagree with that point either. Just point out that it has been more than just cantina battles in the past. I think someone just likes a "lively" discussion about this since it could easily be settled by a single comment.
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Plokoon187 wrote: »
    Obi1_son wrote: »
    Gaintrain wrote: »
    Wasted 100 Crystals for nothing, thanks CG!!! :)

So the energy you bought can't be used? 120 cantina energy will still yield shards. Will it not?

Some of you should really start taking responsibility for your own **** actions.

Why are people attacking other players instead of the culprit of the misinformation. Stand together as a community and expect a better product /customer service.

Agree completely. This is on EA/CG's shoulders.
    Don't blame others who were following misleading info. I personally haven't spent cantina energy betond completing dailies to save up a ton for this. I am ready for double drops when it arrives. I am waiting for Vizzini. Yes its my choice, but the info was horrible.

The information wasn't "misleading" - they intended to do the event and the double drops. There was a glitch/bug. People were having all kinds of problems - so they withdrew the event until they could fix it. It's a simple mistake . People wanting to either rake CG/EA over the coals or start blaming anyone else or demanding...well, pretty much anything - are being short sighted and unfair. We've all made mistakes - the devs are going to try attempt to fix it ASAP - which was stated just a few hours ago (by EA Jesse in this thread).

Well, I partly agree. I don't blame them for the event not working. But that was separate from the drop rates, and the announcement plainly said they would start with the event. They should never have announced the drop rates without turning them on. That's the only thing I find them genuinely guilty of this time out.

As I said above (and I don't know this to be true) - the two could have been tied to a single update. When they realized the event didn't work correctly, they could have simply rolled back to the previous version and will either fix the event or possibly roll out the double drop portion today.

Keep in mind the update went live (and then was quickly pulled) at about midnight the developers time.

I hear you, and thought of that. But the event was live several,hours, during which time drop rates were not. The announcement said they were, and the weren't. Since they've done double drops before, it's hard for me to believe it was somehow tied together. And it wouldn't be the first time something was announced but wasn't active yet.
  • Spyda
    318 posts Member
    Options
    Maybe the double drops somehow got applied to the event as well and they had to pull both until they could figure out how to separate them. =)
  • Taramel
    601 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    @CG_Kozispoon can we get an update on how resolving the issue is coming along.... any chance we can get word as to if it's looking good for today or not good... for both double drops and the pheonix event.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Plokoon187 wrote: »
    Obi1_son wrote: »
    Gaintrain wrote: »
    Wasted 100 Crystals for nothing, thanks CG!!! :)

So the energy you bought can't be used? 120 cantina energy will still yield shards. Will it not?

Some of you should really start taking responsibility for your own **** actions.

Why are people attacking other players instead of the culprit of the misinformation. Stand together as a community and expect a better product /customer service.

Agree completely. This is on EA/CG's shoulders.
    Don't blame others who were following misleading info. I personally haven't spent cantina energy betond completing dailies to save up a ton for this. I am ready for double drops when it arrives. I am waiting for Vizzini. Yes its my choice, but the info was horrible.

The information wasn't "misleading" - they intended to do the event and the double drops. There was a glitch/bug. People were having all kinds of problems - so they withdrew the event until they could fix it. It's a simple mistake . People wanting to either rake CG/EA over the coals or start blaming anyone else or demanding...well, pretty much anything - are being short sighted and unfair. We've all made mistakes - the devs are going to try attempt to fix it ASAP - which was stated just a few hours ago (by EA Jesse in this thread).

Well, I partly agree. I don't blame them for the event not working. But that was separate from the drop rates, and the announcement plainly said they would start with the event. They should never have announced the drop rates without turning them on. That's the only thing I find them genuinely guilty of this time out.

As I said above (and I don't know this to be true) - the two could have been tied to a single update. When they realized the event didn't work correctly, they could have simply rolled back to the previous version and will either fix the event or possibly roll out the double drop portion today.

Keep in mind the update went live (and then was quickly pulled) at about midnight the developers time.

I hear you, and thought of that. But the event was live several,hours, during which time drop rates were not. The announcement said they were, and the weren't. Since they've done double drops before, it's hard for me to believe it was somehow tied together. And it wouldn't be the first time something was announced but wasn't active yet.

Okay - I wasn't aware of that. By the time I woke up everything had already been pulled.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Problem with most things, is that there is not any communication. Communication in most of the time stops rumors and assumptions. Unfortuannly, the people who are in charge of communication in this game, forgot how to. Maybe they do not have people whose job is just communication. If they do not have a position for this company and game, they should hire one , Sean spicer will be out of a job soon, maybe they can hire him. I can imagine "this game has the best ever communication, PERIOD!"
  • Spyda
    318 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Taramel wrote: »
    @CG_Kozispoon can we get an update on how resolving the issue is coming along.... any chance we can get word as to if it's looking good for today or not good... for both double drops and the pheonix event.

+1
  • Options
    Artimus wrote: »
    Yeah that's not happening (double drops) just like the rise together event seems to have fallen on its behind...

Epic fail!

The most epic.. I bet they said before they released it wow this is going to be legen wait for it..... DARY!!!! Legendary then they failed but yeah ya know same old

Ahahahahahahaha lol #savage
  • Options

I've been playing since 2015. I remember 1 time specifically the double Catina drop rate was for Catina energy. I'm not sure if the devs realized this at the time. But that one weekend time you could either spend the energy on nodes or mods. I decided to go with mods since I was close to finishing 7* Vader and did so by collecting the 1000 mods achievement. This might have been the first ever double Catina energy rewards they had since the game was released if I'm not mistaken.

There have been other times for double rewards. For example, Galaitic Wars had a double day, Lightside energy had a double day. Darkside was another one. Then Catina was another one. Basically everyday had a different one until double rewards were over.

But like I said there was one time Catina energy was doubled. I'm pretty sure it was supposed to be for nodes only but it included mods as well since they both used Catina energy. All I know is that whole weekend I racked up. Still til this day I gotta go and either level up a character to 50 to equip mods or sale some because anytime I get a mod it appears in my mailbox because the game only allows you to have a certain amount in your inventory.

• scuba
    14184 posts Member
    Options

Ok so has this happened more than once? If not then really? It's a non argument. Dinosaurs walked the earth once too, no one's saying that dinosaurs may return one day.

Yes. As I anticipated your question.
    The first link was during the may the 4th celebration last year the second link was during September last year for the lead up to "auctions". There was also a double drop for GW to "celebrate" the cap raise to level 85. As @Indominable_J point out all the other times they were very clear on what was going to have double drops. So again it has no only been Cantina Battles.
  • Options
    @CG_Kozispoon I understand the event Rise together is delayed but can you let us know if the double drops is still a go for today?
  • Brownie
    298 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options

And they didnt lump it all into "Cantina Battles" this time either.

They used the term "Cantina" in the newsletter announcement and Kozi said "Cantina nodes." You can interpret that how you want, but bottom line, the terms they used is why were having this discussion. If Kozi said "Cantina Battles," there would be zero argument...
  • Options
    AeonWorm wrote: »
    Artimus wrote: »
    Yeah that's not happening (double drops) just like the rise together event seems to have fallen on its behind...

Epic fail!

The most epic.. I bet they said before they released it wow this is going to be legen wait for it..... DARY!!!! Legendary then they failed but yeah ya know same old

Ahahahahahahaha lol #savage

How I met your mother is the best ((:
  • Options
    ... wait there was supposed to be an event today?
This discussion has been closed.