Galactic War Report – New Character Unveiled!

Replies

• SpeedRacer
    1037 posts Member
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Bobby777 wrote: »
    MayAddy622 wrote: »
    Fulcrum ashoka isn't the June character, so from my perspective if they don't screw it up and release another plug and play dominate rebel, but instead release a just as powerful dark side character except different abilities, like a unique enemy buff counter type of character/cleanser, then everything will still be as balanced as it is now.

This special release character that we still don't know for sure about makes or breaks this ashoka release imo, it's either going to be nerf chaze/ashoka everywhere when whales start using her without a true counter other then the same **** we have now that remains incredibly specific, or its going to be a power creep, but a balanced power creep.

They can't screw up this may 25 release, they just can't. . . .

Ahsoka is the one released on 25. The mystery toon will be released in June.

My bad then I read that wrong, same thing though, since she won't be appearing really for awhile in arena, it gives the June release time to counter this rebel meta push. If it's not a direct counter to this, then there will be flipping everywhere.

If the June toon isn't a direct counter than I would not care anymore and will be finally be free of this game. I just realised that a part of really wishes what I feared until now, that the devs have really just used the empire pass as a smoke screen so they can sneak another OP rebel without to much of a public uproar.

So dramatic.

One of you needs to change your avatar. For a second I thought you were schizophrenic and answered yourself.
    Lol, for a second i thought the same!
  • Bobby777
    614 posts Member
    Options
    SpeedRacer wrote: »
    Fulcrum ashoka isn't the June character, so from my perspective if they don't screw it up and release another plug and play dominate rebel, but instead release a just as powerful dark side character except different abilities, like a unique enemy buff counter type of character/cleanser, then everything will still be as balanced as it is now.

This special release character that we still don't know for sure about makes or breaks this ashoka release imo, it's either going to be nerf chaze/ashoka everywhere when whales start using her without a true counter other then the same **** we have now that remains incredibly specific, or its going to be a power creep, but a balanced power creep.

My bad then I read that wrong, same thing though, since she won't be appearing really for awhile in arena, it gives the June release time to counter this rebel meta push. If it's not a direct counter to this, then there will be flipping everywhere.

If the June toon isn't a direct counter than I would not care anymore and will be finally be free of this game. I just realised that a part of really wishes what I feared until now, that the devs have really just used the empire pass as a smoke screen so they can sneak another OP rebel without to much of a public uproar.

So dramatic.

One of you needs to change your avatar. For a second I thought you were schizophrenic and answered yourself.
    Lol, for a second i thought the same!

:lol:
  • Options
    I'm disappointed. Why give us a character that we already have? I mean yeah it's diff but still, the same. I mean HELL we can't even get Jedi Luke and we see him every day in the loading screen. Why not give us an option. How about a poll or something. What's wrong with biker scout? I mean seriously...so many things wrong with this game now....
  • Thiff
    40 posts Member
    Options
    June char - darth Jar Jar
    As for Ashoka... just 5th to Chaze, Gk, R2 team.
  • Options
    ArkhamJay wrote: »
    I'm disappointed. Why give us a character that we already have? I mean yeah it's diff but still, the same. I mean HELL we can't even get Jedi Luke and we see him every day in the loading screen. Why not give us an option. How about a poll or something. What's wrong with biker scout? I mean seriously...so many things wrong with this game now....

zj2jmb3oreea.png
  • Options

So dramatic.

In one of the threads he was crying on he mentioned that he was going to be the one to change his avatar. I haven't seen any changes since then :disappointed:

I just don't get why he has an imp avatar when all he does is "defend" rebel chars and not care about the whole empire pass or anything regarding the faction - if constant whining and meaningless / nonconstructive replies can mean that.
    SWGOH.gg profile: NicoleJudge
  • Gamorrean
    2745 posts Member
    Options

So dramatic.

In one of the threads he was crying on he mentioned that he was going to be the one to change his avatar. I haven't seen any changes since then :disappointed:

I just don't get why he has an imp avatar when all he does is "defend" rebel chars and not care about the whole empire pass or anything regarding the faction - if constant whining and meaningless / nonconstructive replies can mean that.

Lol, danflorian1984 is actually the one hating on rebels because the empire pass was so weak. Hes an empire geek :)
  • Options
    This forum really needs to lay off the anti-rebel ****. Fan of the Dark Side? Cool, you've got Empire and Sith. Fan of the Light Side? Cool, you've got Rebels and Jedi.

Guess what? If they release a Light Side toon it will most likely be a rebel. Why? Because we have 4 movies and a cartoon full of them. Not to mention the ENTIRE light side was ALL rebels for 20 something years.

I get it, the most broken duo on the game have Rebel tagged on them. I also get there are a large number of rebels, but we all know only a handful at best are worth anything in arena anymore. That doesn't translate to "no more rebels." Because there are still quite a few that we all want to see.

• Options
    Grand Moff Tarkin

Tags: Dark Side, Empire, Support, Fleet Commander

Description:
    Offensive Empire Support with Crushing AoE debuffs

Basic: Grand Moff’s Attack:
    Deal Physical Damage to Target Enemy dealing up to 10% bonus damage for each living ally. Tarkin gains 50% potency until ultimate firepower is used.

Special 1: Ultimate Firepower
    Cooldown: 4
    Deal special damage to all enemies with 100% chance to remove 50% turn meter this attack gains offense equal to double Tarkin’s potency percentage.

Special 2: Intimidation Tactics
    Cooldown: 3
    Gain potency up for 3 turns then inflict Critical Chance down and offense down for 3 turns on all enemies. Rebel enemies can’t Resist these Debuffs then Gain 15% Turn Meter for each Debuffed enemy

Leader: Tighten the Grip
    Empire allies gain 30 speed, Inflict Defense Down and Expose for 2 turns on enemies that fall below 100% health during empire allies’ turns. This cannot be resisted.

Unique: Callous Conviction
    Gains Defense equal to 100% of his Potency and gain 20% Potency for each rebuffed enemy.

Fulcrum Ahsoka Tano

Tags: Light Side, Rebel, Attacker

Description:
    Enduring Rebel Attacker who shrugs off Debuffs and Consumes buffs to deal extra damage

Basic: Balanced Strike
    Deal Physical Damage to target enemy and gain Protection Up (40%) for two turns and grant Protection Up (40%) for 2 turns

Special 1: Meditate
    Ashoka gains Foresight and each Non-Unique Buff excluding Taunt present on other allies for 2 turns then gains 15% Turn Meter for Each Buff on her.

Special 2: Whirlwind
    Consume all Buffs on Ahsoka and deal Physical Damage to Target Enemy. This attack scores and additional hit for each type of Buff consumed, up to 10 additional hits. This attack cannot be Evaded and Armor is reduced by 50%.

Unique: Perseverance
    Ashoka gains 30% Critical Hit Immunity and is immune to Damage over Time Effects. At the end of each turn, Ahsoka dispels all Debuffs on herself and loses 10% health for each Debuff dispelled then recovers 5% health for each buff on her. This health loss can’t defeat Ahsoka.
    I Like Wicket. A Lot.
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/c/chocolateytmc
  • Bobby777
    614 posts Member
    Options

So dramatic.

I am not defending anyone, I mean there are no sides to defend. I enjoy using all characters in my collection.

FYI I was looking forward to a Tarkin rework the most and didn't really care for veers but I am excited to use them in other game modes. You guys do realize that arena is not the only mode to play in the game?
  • Options
    Just imagine if she had Jedi as a class, then Zeta QGJ would be fun... no one is raging about no Jedi class -_-
  • Silky
    522 posts Member
    Options
    Does this mean I should start using tarkin rather than aa before I upgrade aa too much?
    SHATTERPOINT - One of the world's strongest guilds
    Recruiting solid 3mil+ GP players, pm for info
  • Options
    Just imagine if she had Jedi as a class, then Zeta QGJ would be fun... no one is raging about no Jedi class -_-

They gave her younger self the nightsister tag simply because she teamed up in the cartoon series with Ventress but they're not giving her adult version a jedi tag just for the sake of synergies / variety / whatever because she's not a Jedi anymore ehm okay...I don't recall her ever being a nightsister either but if her younger self can have that tag because she teamed up with Ventress why can't her adult self have the Jedi tag for teaming up with Kanan, Ezra...
  • Options

They gave her younger self the nightsister tag simply because she teamed up in the cartoon series with Ventress but they're not giving her adult version a jedi tag just for the sake of synergies / variety / whatever because she's not a Jedi anymore ehm okay...I don't recall her ever being a nightsister either but if her younger self can have that tag because she teamed up with Ventress why can't her adult self have the Jedi tag for teaming up with Kanan, Ezra...

Not the tag. Just a leader buff to nightsisters as well as jedi.
  • Options

Not the tag. Just a leader buff to nightsisters as well as jedi.

Right my bad well in that case a leader ability that buffs jedis since in the series she helped Ezra (who apparently is a Jedi) multiple times.
  • Jedi_Reach_
    1337 posts Member
    Options
  • Options
    This forum really needs to lay off the anti-rebel ****. Fan of the Dark Side? Cool, you've got Empire and Sith. Fan of the Light Side? Cool, you've got Rebels and Jedi.

Guess what? If they release a Light Side toon it will most likely be a rebel. Why? Because we have 4 movies and a cartoon full of them. Not to mention the ENTIRE light side was ALL rebels for 20 something years.

I get it, the most broken duo on the game have Rebel tagged on them. I also get there are a large number of rebels, but we all know only a handful at best are worth anything in arena anymore. That doesn't translate to "no more rebels." Because there are still quite a few that we all want to see.

Nah the game needs to lay off the "let's only release op Rebels" mindset.
  • Options

Nah the game needs to lay off the "let's only release op Rebels" mindset.

Yeah, don't know what I was thinking really. I'm with you, zMaul, zVader, Palpatine, and Nihilus aren't enough.

More dark side is needed to counter the Chaze, GK, Rex, and R2. Better not release any more good light side characters until there are twice as many good dark side characters.

Point is, it's not Thrawn, a potential OP imperial, but the exact opposite, an OP rebel. Again, I get the frustration but that doesn't mean they need to stop releasing rebels. We still need a few specific ones yet.
  • Options

zj2jmb3oreea.png

I honestly don't give a crap who we get as long as it's new! Not another version of another. That's all I'm saying.
  • Options
    I just read every post and think almost every person is very much unhappy about this release. Even ahsoka fans aren't happy. This is not good. Where's the damage control people? lol
  • TyloRen
    381 posts Moderator
    Options
    Ahh look people still hating on Rebels, even though we just went through a massive Sith and a fairly extensive Empire overhaul.

Also, Luke is confirmed coming, and that it will be in epic fashion, which means in a new raid or the new game mode that is on its way. Be patient and enjoy what looks like a great character design.
  • Options
    TyloRen wrote: »
    Ahh look people still hating on Rebels, even though we just went through a massive Sith and a fairly extensive Empire overhaul.

Also, Luke is confirmed coming, and that it will be in epic fashion, which means in a new raid or the new game mode that is on its way. Be patient and enjoy what looks like a great character design.

Are you just a troll or are you that oblivious that your extensive Empire overhaul was utterly garbage compared with the rebel additions. Empire is still useless like almost all the factions in the game. Enjoy what? Adding an OP toon to an already OP faction? You can enjoy that, and playing against Mirror teams.
  • TyloRen
    381 posts Moderator
    Options
    I'm not a troll, and I'm here to play a game, so I will enjoy it. Vader lead is still one of the best in the game, Gar Saxon is viable, Veers is viable if you want to go troopers, Death Trooper is one of the best characters and destroys Rebels, Tarkin just got a rework. The best single character in the game is a Sith. People just hate Chaze, and that's legit, together they are crazy good, but even they just got a nerf lately.

Ahsoka looks seriously fun to play with. So I'm stoked.
  • Options
    Did you just call Gar Saxon viable? Based on what? Nobody is using him. Vader still one of the best leads in the game? What game are you playing, go on swgoh.gg and you will see how used he is, only by 4% of all people finishing in top 10. There are 6 leads before him, and REX is used ten times more often. DT is used by even less people , 2%, maybe because he is one of the best toons in the game. Tarkin received a joke of a rework that didn't gave him a single thing the empire faction needed and was asked time and time again by the empire community. DN, the best toon in the game, like you say works better in a Chaze team that in his own faction, to use him as a pro DS argument is a joke.
    Chaze got a nerf? Now I know you are trolling.
    Ahsoka doesn't bring nothing needed in this game, to a faction that was already ahead every other. The only fun using her is to see how much more OP can an already OP team became. If that is your thing good for you. But don't ever question every other non Chaze user LEGITIMATE complains. Don't forget that you need us to feel better about your tactical genius.
  • TyloRen
    381 posts Moderator
    Options
    And this is why I don't come to the forums. Later
  • Options
    Gamorrean wrote: »

So dramatic.

Lol, danflorian1984 is actually the one hating on rebels because the empire pass was so weak. Hes an empire geek :)

**** I mixed them up xD sorry...
    SWGOH.gg profile: NicoleJudge
  • Options

Are you crazy? Imperial Scout Trooper? Man, EVERYONE loves Ahsoka Tano.
  • Options
    Ahsoka, sweet!
  • Options
    So let's get something straight. The "empire pass" actually meant release 2 rebels better than anything being done for the empire? Instead of Thrawn we get Gar Saxon and Imperial Super Commando who are utter garbage, the imperial trooper rework was okay but not great, a HORRIBLE rework for Tarkin that wouldn't make him viable if there were only 5 toons in the game, and 2 rebel toons that are insanely good (both of whom got never before seen move types)... What a complete slap to the face of anyone who enjoys the dark side because they aren't a 5 year old watching a poorly made cartoon. When can we get away from the "push rebels to drive sales" approach to character releases? I know I'm not speaking for myself when I feel like this "empire faction pass" was a let down. To put it into perspective how insulting/infuriating this is, this is the first thing in the history of this game that ever made me consider quitting and I've played since about a week or so after launch.

Yeah this is ****... It is time for some serious dark side power here before I completely quit. Give me REVAN or someone to come in here and lay the smack down on these renal scum...