Galactic War Report – New Character Unveiled!

Replies

• Liamtbqh
    620 posts Member
    Options
    Just imagine if she had Jedi as a class, then Zeta QGJ would be fun... no one is raging about no Jedi class -_-

They gave her younger self the nightsister tag simply because she teamed up in the cartoon series with Ventress but they're not giving her adult version a jedi tag just for the sake of synergies / variety / whatever because she's not a Jedi anymore ehm okay...I don't recall her ever being a nightsister either but if her younger self can have that tag because she teamed up with Ventress why can't her adult self have the Jedi tag for teaming up with Kanan, Ezra...

Because she literally said "I am no Jedi" shes basically a neutral force user, just because a toon has a lightsaber doesnt specify them to Sith/Jedi, same goes for Ventress and Kylo
  • Options
    So let's get something straight. The "empire pass" actually meant release 2 rebels better than anything being done for the empire? Instead of Thrawn we get Gar Saxon and Imperial Super Commando who are utter garbage, the imperial trooper rework was okay but not great, a HORRIBLE rework for Tarkin that wouldn't make him viable if there were only 5 toons in the game, and 2 rebel toons that are insanely good (both of whom got never before seen move types)... What a complete slap to the face of anyone who enjoys the dark side because they aren't a 5 year old watching a poorly made cartoon. When can we get away from the "push rebels to drive sales" approach to character releases? I know I'm not speaking for myself when I feel like this "empire faction pass" was a let down. To put it into perspective how insulting/infuriating this is, this is the first thing in the history of this game that ever made me consider quitting and I've played since about a week or so after launch.

Yeah this is ****... It is time for some serious dark side power here before I completely quit. Give me REVAN or someone to come in here and lay the smack down on these renal scum...

ok please stop.

We've had THREE MONTHS of dark side reworks.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    So let's get something straight. The "empire pass" actually meant release 2 rebels better than anything being done for the empire? Instead of Thrawn we get Gar Saxon and Imperial Super Commando who are utter garbage, the imperial trooper rework was okay but not great, a HORRIBLE rework for Tarkin that wouldn't make him viable if there were only 5 toons in the game, and 2 rebel toons that are insanely good (both of whom got never before seen move types)... What a complete slap to the face of anyone who enjoys the dark side because they aren't a 5 year old watching a poorly made cartoon. When can we get away from the "push rebels to drive sales" approach to character releases? I know I'm not speaking for myself when I feel like this "empire faction pass" was a let down. To put it into perspective how insulting/infuriating this is, this is the first thing in the history of this game that ever made me consider quitting and I've played since about a week or so after launch.

Yeah this is ****... It is time for some serious dark side power here before I completely quit. Give me REVAN or someone to come in here and lay the smack down on these renal scum...

ok please stop.

Lol - and except for the Zaul blip on the meta, none of them have done diddly. That's kinda the issue.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    TyloRen wrote: »
    And this is why I don't come to the forums. Later

Cause you speak without facts and when you're corrected you feel shame?
  • Options
    evoluza wrote: »
    Dark_Light wrote: »
    I just read every post and think almost every person is very much unhappy about this release. Even ahsoka fans aren't happy. This is not good. Where's the damage control people? lol

I am happy. Much more are happy.
    Where are they? No one in my guild seems very happy lol you and like one other person on the forums seem happy.
  • TyloRen
    381 posts Moderator
    Options

Haha no, when you speak your opinion here, you are attacked by crazy people. Everyone here seems to be mad about something, it's depressing.
  • Tatebomb
    797 posts Member
    Options

Haha no, when you speak your opinion here, you are attacked by crazy people. Everyone here seems to be mad about something, it's depressing.

I thought you didn't come to the forums. Goodbye.
  • Options
    ArkhamJay wrote: »
    I'm disappointed. Why give us a character that we already have? I mean yeah it's diff but still, the same. I mean HELL we can't even get Jedi Luke and we see him every day in the loading screen. Why not give us an option. How about a poll or something. What's wrong with biker scout? I mean seriously...so many things wrong with this game now....

Are you crazy? Imperial Scout Trooper? Man, EVERYONE loves Ahsoka Tano.

Yep. Crazy as Hell!!! And I'm not saying they don't, but with all the characters in the SW universe they could give us, they are regurgitating another character. Pitiful
  • Gank_Killer
    1817 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options

@TyloRen
    Why do you think that is?
    Everyone has their own favorite faction/characters, some of which people pay money for to be able to use them. But when the same faction time and time again gets favored over all others, it makes us upset that our favorites get neglected and simply can't compete with the favored faction. Then what's the point in leveling/gearing our favorites if we already know we can't compete with them? Rebels have had the "high ground" for a long time in some fashion.
    That, sir, is why so many people get angry on the forums. Rebels are unequivocally the favored faction for reasons such as GK(not a rebel, still applicable), Chaze synergy, Wiggs synergy, R2, and now Ahsokrum.
    Guess who doesn't have Zeta's yet... GK, Wedge, Baze, and Chirrut. They're already meta characters without zeta abilities. Which dark side contender doesn't have zeta, Palpatine. Krennic has his unique left. Dark side has no GK or R2 equivalent. Krennic and DeathT are supposed to have synergy, but does not nearly compare to Chaze or Wiggs.
    Sooooooo yeah. I'm pretty salty. Which I think is justified.

Edit: I forgot Maul for my Dark side contenders.
    Post edited by Gank_Killer on
  • Options

@TyloRen
    Everyone has their own favorite faction/characters, some of which people pay money for to be able to use them. But when the same faction time and time again gets favored over all others, it makes us upset that our favorites get neglected and simply can't compete with the favored faction. Then what's the point in leveling/gearing our favorites if we already know we can't compete with them? Rebels have had the "high ground" for a long time in some fashion.
    That, sir, is why so many people get angry on the forums. Rebels are unequivocally the favored faction for reasons such as GK, Chaze synergy, Wiggs synergy, R2, and now Ahsokrum.
    Guess who doesn't have Zeta's yet... GK, Wedge, Baze, and Chirrut. They're already meta characters without zeta abilities. Which dark side contender doesn't have zeta, Palpatine. Krennic has his unique left. Dark side has no GK or R2 equivalent. Krennic and DeathT are supposed to have synergy, but does not nearly compare to Chaze or Wiggs.

GK is no rebel, edit that please before the apologists will come and reduce your entire post to that little slip up. You know that they don't have any other real arguments.
  • Options

@TyloRen
    That, sir, is why so many people get angry on the forums. Rebels are unequivocally the favored faction for reasons such as GK, Chaze synergy, Wiggs synergy, R2, and now Ahsokrum.

GK is no rebel, edit that please before the apologists will come and reduce your entire post to that little slip up. You know that they don't have any other real arguments.

The rebels are the favorite of the script writers so far. They are the underdogs and nearly everything is based around them. Of what we have seen in the movies, they are constantly "winning." Yeah, the generics get killed in droves on the movies, and even the mains in Rogue One did, but they still offed the Empire mains they encountered (except the man himself: Vader) and accomplished their mission.

It seems like a petty argument to complain about a game (within a game) based on those movie characters that the losing side isn't as good as (but sounds like you all really want better than) the winning side.

Thing is, the Empire is winning the war, hard to say otherwise, but the movie battles involving the mains that are in this game are when the skirmishes of the rebels are successful.

I feel your pain, though, because I like the Rebel Alliance...but these guys aren't the Rebels we all love. They are back-up mains in spin-offs. So I'm just as disappointed in these characters as you are.

It isn't "no more rebels" that is true for me, but rather "no more OP spin-offs, give us the Rebels we all can appreciate."
  • danflorian1984
    986 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options

@TyloRen

The rebels are the favorite of the script writers so far. They are the underdogs and nearly everything is based around them. Of what we have seen in the movies, they are constantly "winning." Yeah, the generics get killed in droves on the movies, and even the mains in Rogue One did, but they still offed the Empire mains they encountered (except the man himself: Vader) and accomplished their mission.

It seems like a petty argument to complain about a game (within a game) based on those movie characters that the losing side isn't as good as (but sounds like you all really want better than) the winning side.

Thing is, the Empire is winning the war, hard to say otherwise, but the movie battles involving the mains that are in this game are when the skirmishes of the rebels are successful.

I feel your pain, though, because I like the Rebel Alliance...but these guys aren't the Rebels we all love. They are back-up mains in spin-offs. So I'm just as disappointed in these characters as you are.

It isn't "no more rebels" that is true for me, but rather "no more OP spin-offs, give us the Rebels we all can appreciate."

You know, I was thinking, that if the rebels were not the meta for this long, and Jedi Luke and Chewbacca would appear and made them meta, absolutely everybody will be glad, including empire,sith etc. fans. But like this, when he will appear, to buff an already OP faction that people have started to hate, not only it will lose much of the importance, I for one and certainly others will not even be glad. And this is sad and is on CG.

But I guess he appearing and restoring the balance after a couple months of empire domination following the hyped empire pass was to much common sense for CG.
  • Options

@TyloRen

You know, I was thinking, that if the rebels were not the meta for this long, and Jedi Luke and Chewbacca would appear and made them meta, absolutely everybody will be glad, including empire,sith etc. fans. But like this, when he will appear, to buff an already OP faction that people have started to hate, not only it will lose much of the importance, I for one and certainly others will not even be glad. And this is sad and is on CG.

But I guess he appearing and restoring the balance after a couple months of empire domination following the hyped empire pass was to much common sense for CG.

Truth.
  • Gank_Killer
    1817 posts Member
    Options

@TyloRen

All true enough.
    As the devs have stated before, this is a game in a game scenario. Facts about the movies/comics/whatever don't apply to the holotables. So "empire lost to rebels" does not apply to the state of the game and is simply not an argument.
  • Options
    This forum really needs to lay off the anti-rebel ****. Fan of the Dark Side? Cool, you've got Empire and Sith. Fan of the Light Side? Cool, you've got Rebels and Jedi.

Guess what? If they release a Light Side toon it will most likely be a rebel. Why? Because we have 4 movies and a cartoon full of them. Not to mention the ENTIRE light side was ALL rebels for 20 something years.

I get it, the most broken duo on the game have Rebel tagged on them. I also get there are a large number of rebels, but we all know only a handful at best are worth anything in arena anymore. That doesn't translate to "no more rebels." Because there are still quite a few that we all want to see.

Nah the game needs to lay off the "let's only release op Rebels" mindset.

Yeah, don't know what I was thinking really. I'm with you, zMaul, zVader, Palpatine, and Nihilus aren't enough.

More dark side is needed to counter the Chaze, GK, Rex, and R2. Better not release any more good light side characters until there are twice as many good dark side characters.

Point is, it's not Thrawn, a potential OP imperial, but the exact opposite, an OP rebel. Again, I get the frustration but that doesn't mean they need to stop releasing rebels. We still need a few specific ones yet.

except zVader and Palpatine haven't been meta for ages and then during the empire pass they also hit zVader with a bug fix that hampered his raid usefulness aka the last usefulness he had (which admittedly was needed since it was a bug). So idk what you're thinking there.

I know you were being saracasic with your second point but it's actually true. They should start releasing only dark side characters until something is done.

And no, we don't need a few specific rebels still except Luke and chewy. But if that's your best argument we still need EXPONENTIALLY more specific dark side characters so what about that?
  • Options
    SkyeLeonne wrote: »
    Guys, I know releasing and reworking characters from major factions (Rebel, Empire, Jedi, Sith) generate much hype and makes you more money.
    But please also pay attention to the minor ones that desperately need support & reworks (Nightsisters, Ewoks, Tuskens, Geo, etc.). Not asking them to be meta/OP, in fact, don't make them meta...just a step up from the current state.
    Please bring balance to the Galaxy!

This is all I really care about at this point! Show the Tuskens and Nightsisters some love! I wouldn't mind a Grievous/Dooku (leader) rework to bring the Separatists together!
  • Options

ok please stop.

Please don't remind us DS users of that fact :) It's very painful to know that all the DS ammo has been fired and Chaze only gained steam through it all. There's nothing left in the DS chamber.
  • vlado
    10 posts Member
    Options
    So now it will be just empire vs rebels... Jedi and all others are without chance
  • Gamorrean
    2745 posts Member
    Options
    vlado wrote: »
    So now it will be just empire vs rebels... Jedi and all others are without chance

Actually its more rebels vs rebels

+ Rex and sith sometimes :)

• vlado
    10 posts Member
    Options
    Gamorrean wrote: »

Actually its more rebels vs rebels

+ Rex and sith sometimes :)
    Going to jedi side was bad idea as it seems
  • Options
    Acrofales wrote: »
    Hm. She sounds interesting, but I can't really think of a team she'd fit in. I guess chirrut or GK will work well with her unique. Other than that, how do you set up whirlwind properly?

Old Ben, Chirrut, R2, Zeta Jyn lead. That's how you maximize it in an arena viable squad
  • vlado
    10 posts Member
    Options
    What i dont get is, why she is without jedi tag?
    Lightsabers were only for jedi and siths or no?
  • Options

Absolutely not, Han Solo used Luke's lightsaber. It's a flashlight with a button like any other tool, the Jedi and Sith use them because they require skill to master and put them at an advantage to blasters.
  • Veritasum
    754 posts Member
    Options
    I like Ahsoka. A lot. Love this version of her in the game. Sorry for all the tears that causes. I run a Sith squad in arena.
  • Steel_Memes
    105 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options

Absolutely not, Han Solo used Luke's lightsaber. It's a flashlight with a button like any other tool, the Jedi and Sith use them because they require skill to master and put them at an advantage to blasters.

Not to mention General Grievous. Then there's Cad Bane, and arguably Sabine and Pre Visla. And most recently, Finn.
  • Options
    This forum really needs to lay off the anti-rebel ****. Fan of the Dark Side? Cool, you've got Empire and Sith. Fan of the Light Side? Cool, you've got Rebels and Jedi.

Guess what? If they release a Light Side toon it will most likely be a rebel. Why? Because we have 4 movies and a cartoon full of them. Not to mention the ENTIRE light side was ALL rebels for 20 something years.

I get it, the most broken duo on the game have Rebel tagged on them. I also get there are a large number of rebels, but we all know only a handful at best are worth anything in arena anymore. That doesn't translate to "no more rebels." Because there are still quite a few that we all want to see.

Yeah, don't know what I was thinking really. I'm with you, zMaul, zVader, Palpatine, and Nihilus aren't enough.

More dark side is needed to counter the Chaze, GK, Rex, and R2. Better not release any more good light side characters until there are twice as many good dark side characters.

Point is, it's not Thrawn, a potential OP imperial, but the exact opposite, an OP rebel. Again, I get the frustration but that doesn't mean they need to stop releasing rebels. We still need a few specific ones yet.

except zVader and Palpatine haven't been meta for ages and then during the empire pass they also hit zVader with a bug fix that hampered his raid usefulness aka the last usefulness he had (which admittedly was needed since it was a bug). So idk what you're thinking there.

I know you were being saracasic with your second point but it's actually true. They should start releasing only dark side characters until something is done.

And no, we don't need a few specific rebels still except Luke and chewy. But if that's your best argument we still need EXPONENTIALLY more specific dark side characters so what about that?

I don't know what to tell you about Palpatine and zVader not being useful. zVader behind a speedy Sith Assasin with Palpatine and then just get creative, will beat down triple cleanse all day. Palpatine has been on team after team since his release and is still a very important character to the meta.

No way they need to keep rolling out just dark side characters, that's just as absurd as claiming they shouldn't make any more rebels.

The couple of rebels you mentioned are exactly the ones I'm talking about. But I think we could all agree that a few alt versions of characters like Leia (an actual leader version) and Luke as a pilot not-yet-jedi wouldn't be a problem.

I'm curious as to what main Dark Side characters you are missing. Palpatine, Vader, Tarkin, Veers, and all their troopers and pilots are on here. Thrawn and Jango Fett are missing and both large fan favorites according to this forum. So they could still be coming.

Rebels are missing a rework for the original trilogy characters, no need for any new ones, just make Chewbacca a rebel and change his bowcaster and name. We all know we are going to wait a while for Lightsaber Luke.

The bulk of new characters now will be the remaining Dark Side characters from Rebels (including Thrawn and Inquisitors) and Resistance and First Order.

I think no matter who your movie favs are, all of us can come together and say quite plainly that we are disappointed with CG/EA's recent choices. It's not like I some Chaze and Ahsoka fan lovin' life. I enjoy the original trilogy characters, both Light and Dark, but none of these "Rebels" characters. Rogue One was fantastic and there was certainly missed opportunities on all but Chaze from that line of characters. I can bend a bit for Thrawn and Adult Ahsoka, but not like I can make myself care too awful much about what has been happening in this game lately.
  • Options

ok please stop.

Yes, we have. Maul got beefed and took over arena for a while. Nihilus introduced 1clickkill abilities, which Ahsokrum also inherited, is best used as a 5th for Rex teams, only works "ok" for his leadership. Veers and troopers got "fun" reworks. Tarkin rework, probably will end up too difficult to set up, most likely will just blow on defense. Gar and super trooper, garbage. Krennic and DeathT synergy works "ok", nothing compared to Wiggs or Chaze.
    So during the dark side reworks, light side got the best characters in R2 and Ahsoka. Are you kidding me?
    I'm really hoping the unknown fan favorite restores my faith, because I'm playing hang-man, and so far I have U N I N S T A, and I think I can solve the puzzle. Really getting tired of this.
  • Options

Not to mention General Grievous. Then there's Cad Bane, and arguably Sabine and Pre Visla. And most recently, Finn.

Finn could turn out to be a Jedi though, and Pre Visla and Sabine used the Dark Saver which isn't like traditional lightsabers because it wasn't made by the Jedi, it was made by the first Mandelore.
  • Options

I don't know what to tell you about Palpatine and zVader not being useful. zVader behind a speedy Sith Assasin with Palpatine and then just get creative, will beat down triple cleanse all day. Palpatine has been on team after team since his release and is still a very important character to the meta.

No way they need to keep rolling out just dark side characters, that's just as absurd as claiming they shouldn't make any more rebels.

The couple of rebels you mentioned are exactly the ones I'm talking about. But I think we could all agree that a few alt versions of characters like Leia (an actual leader version) and Luke as a pilot not-yet-jedi wouldn't be a problem.

I'm curious as to what main Dark Side characters you are missing. Palpatine, Vader, Tarkin, Veers, and all their troopers and pilots are on here. Thrawn and Jango Fett are missing and both large fan favorites according to this forum. So they could still be coming.

Rebels are missing a rework for the original trilogy characters, no need for any new ones, just make Chewbacca a rebel and change his bowcaster and name. We all know we are going to wait a while for Lightsaber Luke.

The bulk of new characters now will be the remaining Dark Side characters from Rebels (including Thrawn and Inquisitors) and Resistance and First Order.

I think no matter who your movie favs are, all of us can come together and say quite plainly that we are disappointed with CG/EA's recent choices. It's not like I some Chaze and Ahsoka fan lovin' life. I enjoy the original trilogy characters, both Light and Dark, but none of these "Rebels" characters. Rogue One was fantastic and there was certainly missed opportunities on all but Chaze from that line of characters. I can bend a bit for Thrawn and Adult Ahsoka, but not like I can make myself care too awful much about what has been happening in this game lately.

Amen my friend
  • Options

Totally correct here - at least as of now - zDV, SA, and EP in a full DS team (so no bringing over GK) does a great job vs. the various Chaze / GK / R2 / DN / Wiggs arrangements. EP in particular is very devastating.