Nute Nuances Megathread (All things Nute)

Replies

• Allenb60
    2171 posts Member
    Options
    Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't they do something to nerf Palpatine during P3?
  • Bnorth86
    125 posts Member
    Options
    Nute's leader ability has created a continuous loop for Dathcha and Jawa Scavenger, making it possible to solo p2 or p4 of the tank raid.
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options
    I'm expecting to see a 1-2% tm gain on hit get added during topple. That would leave these two Jawa as solid toons for.

That would destroy Clones for sure.

At least it would be a better fix than whatever they're trying to pull now
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • tmntguy86
    446 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I was thinking this exact thing. They say it's not intended bc it disrupts the idea of the guild working together. This isn't broken. It's not a bug from the looks of it.

So are we really going to nerf this setup bc it's not a heavy paywall and gear investment of clones, Zylo and resistance?

So we are just going to ignore:
    Zylo can solo P1
    Resistance can nearly Solo P2.
    Clones can nearly Solo P4.

This at least gives another option for players who don't have the money or resources to farm and gear those other 3 teams. Those teams disrupt the balance to "workout together as a guild" just as much imo.
  • Options
    Bc he gives tm to stealthed allies which makes jawas go forever on tank. They gain 100 percent each time
  • Zooey
    1607 posts Member
    Options
    Allenb60 wrote: »
    Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't they do something to nerf Palpatine during P3?

No, they haven't touched that.
  • Ender22
    1194 posts Member
    Options
    Sorry, a little harsh. I've never been caught in the crossfire of a mistake, and it hurts. I'm guilty about spending, and this just hurts cuz now it was spending for something in a game towards a mistake that wasn't even mine.
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options
    CG can't allow anything to exist that doesn't bring more money into their wallets, plain and simple
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Pandemonium
    96 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    tmntguy86 wrote: »

So are we really going to nerf this setup bc it's not a heavy paywall and gear investment of clones, Zylo and resistance?

No, they're going to nerf it because it's Nute Freaking Gunray in his birthday suit with 2 jawas.

That is awful.
    Post edited by Mageduckey on
  • Options
    Ender22 wrote: »
    Sorry, a little harsh. I've never been caught in the crossfire of a mistake, and it hurts. I'm guilty about spending, and this just hurts cuz now it was spending for something in a game towards a mistake that wasn't even mine.
    Not your fault. I hope the devs address this correctly. I can see them not wanting this team to be able to solo a phase, but they need to address all the resources I know people put towards this set up. Either way they will still lose a lot of goodwill as this wasn't even a bug
  • Lugo
    417 posts Member
    Options

No, they're going to nerf it because it's Nute Freaking Gunray in his birthday suit with 2 jawas crapping all over every other team.

That is awful.

XD
  • OnJouney
    309 posts Member
    Options
    Clones got already a nerf before, don't want them get nerfed before my guild finally can compete in HAAT... Still 0 Kenobi shards. Won't hold my arena rank much longer with everyone having Kenobi 6 or 7 star already..
  • Options
    the forums are full of the Lugo team, which uses Nute leader (50% TM when crit, and 55% crit chance) with dathcha and scavenger (both gaining stealth).
    its obviously works since after tank toppled, they just assist each other (raid bonus of jawa), and both gaining 100% TM after their both turns, over and over. with accuracy mods (who's useless now ?!) and crit chances, the RNG is almost negligible, and most likely will solo the P2/P4. this is not a bug obviously, everything is stated and written, and math is math. however, those are an easily farmed toons, and no required high gear or zeta. i think that no way that EA will let us use this team freely, but they kinda have to - nerfing Nute will be unbelievably amazing since he's STILL useless after the buff he just got (besides the raid ofc), and basically the same for dathcha and scav.
    not letting the tank getting so many crits ? will hurt everybody, very hard. same with bringing more evasion obviously...
    cancel the jawa bonus for raid ? will cause a riot lol, jawas will be even more useless, people farmed them for raid mostly.

so... do you see EA & CG nerfing this soon ? i'd really hate to farm those toons, which are pretty bad, only to see them getting nerf.
    would be nice if a Dev will also reply here and say his opinion, whether its WAI and good thinking, or its unexpected from them, and lets say.. "dont count on it".
    your opinions, speculations and thoughts please.
    and thanks @Lugo for this amazing squad thinking.

edit: violating forum rules a bit, so excited i guess xD

yes, i am very sure there will be nerfs coming in!

sadly, although, it didn't violate any rules & regulations - including the fact that it fits perfectly in the math - it proves to be a loss for ea & the devs. it's not surprising if they change it up, it's all about business (though they say it's because of the raid being a guild team effort & all that nonsense - trust me, it's standard procedure crisis handling & control), they're not going to earn from this. so don't be surprised if they tip the scales into their favor & a glitch suddenly pops out of nowhere. us little guys are just in for the ride no matter how much you know of a better way to drive.

in any case & whatever happens, just remember & don't ever forget, zeta vader in pit was a glitch, lugo's isn't because it fits perfectly in the math.

either way, kudos to you, lugo. you've got a bright future ahead of you - online gaming & the real world. keep it up & may the force be w/ you!
  • Broulan
    374 posts Member
    Options
    I'm expecting to see a 1-2% tm gain on hit get added during topple. That would leave these two Jawa as solid toons for.

That would destroy Clones for sure.

pls no! :p
  • Options
    Just as the title suggests, this is aimed at the developers and this thread will most likely get taken down but it still needs to be said. Why is this Nute Jawa squad getting "fixed" this quickly when all of those abilities have been in the game for months. We all know it's a nerf at this point and there is absolutely no reason to nerf them. The mechanic isn't breaking anything, it's WAI based on what the description says it will do, and you are being petty because somebody yesterday figured out a way to use the mechanics you made for this game to play the game. Somebody figured out that Nute can make Jawas deal a lot of damage to only half of the Tank Raid, and they are already being nerfed because you failed to stress test every character in this game in every part of this game. This is unwarranted and unprecedented. There is no reason to do so and we all know it. If you are nerfing Nute and the Jawas then you better nerf Teebo in the Rancor Raid. You better nerf Zylo in the tank raid and you better start nerfing these squads the can solo entire phases of both raids because it is unfair to nerf one and none of the others. This "unintended behavior" is also applicable to so many other squads so you've got a lot of nerve to pull this so fast. At least you didn't wait until people farmed them up to nerf them, so thank you for that at least. Get to nerfing guys.
  • Options

No, they're going to nerf it because it's Nute Freaking Gunray in his birthday suit with 2 jawas crapping all over every other team.

That is awful.

That's some funny, but true, stuff right there. Hahahah

• ABNRAS
    564 posts Member
    Options

That is awful.

Please. If it's such an easy team, that means it's easy to farm and available to everyone. That makes it "fair". It's totally about money
  • Options
    Lugo wrote: »

That is awful.

XD

BTW this was brilliant Lugo. Most impressive.
  • Paull011
    14 posts Member
    Options
    I was thinking this exact thing. They say it's not intended bc it disrupts the idea of the guild working together. This isn't broken. It's not a bug from the looks of it.

So we are just going to ignore:
    Zylo can solo P1
    Resistance can nearly Solo P2.
    Clones can nearly Solo P4.

This at least gives another option for players who don't have the money or resources to farm and gear those other 3 teams. Those teams disrupt the balance to "workout together as a guild" just as much imo.

Agreed. If it's not a bug, don't fix it. they should have tested it last August before they brought the raid out. Plus wasn't Nute nerfed already? So they must have known about it before
  • Options

That is awful.

Beer came out of my nose. Thanks
  • Options
    but zyloing and retreating and going back in and repeating the cycle is wai?
  • Whazn
    262 posts Member
    Options
    So are they going to nerf chirpatine too? It's essentially the same strategy. Ep gets 100% tmr every turn and just keeps attacking.
  • Options
    Rip nute the worst toon in the galaxy. I almost started to farm him too
  • Options
    Whazn wrote: »
    So are they going to nerf chirpatine too? It's essentially the same strategy. Ep gets 100% tmr every turn and just keeps attacking.

No. That could potentially cost you money. That team is WAI

• Options
    ABNRAS wrote: »

That is awful.

Please. If it's such an easy team, that means it's easy to farm and available to everyone. That makes it "fair". It's totally about money

So I'm sure a lot of it is for them.

I also don't want to use Nute Gunray to effectively "pull the new zeroes".
  • M9silent
    821 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Because a G4 Nute and 2 jawas can almost solo p4. 9.4 million. That's why. It's broken, get over it, stop crying.

Not even a zeta required. It's plain ****.
  • gatormatt
    304 posts Member
    Options
    Don't worry guys. They'll change the narrative on the forums and introduce the fan favorite June character this week to take your attention off this. It's a classic marketing ploy. Watch and see.
  • JG44D2
    79 posts Member
    Options
    in the end, how many people have a 7* Nute? Only people playing for a long time.
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options

That is awful.

So awful that it's beating your fully geared Resistance and Clones :wink:
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Options
    I thought people were upset about may 4th, then fulcrum lol and now this. Great Star Wars month so far rofl