Nute Nuances Megathread (All things Nute)

Replies

• CleverWes
    648 posts Member
    Options
    Whazn wrote: »
    So are they going to nerf chirpatine too? It's essentially the same strategy. Ep gets 100% tmr every turn and just keeps attacking.

No, because it requires more characters, so that's more gear, and gear=$$$$.

This is straight cash grab motivation.
  • slamaMC
    139 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Could argue that the ability says "once per turn" meaning once before next turn.

But hope they keep it as is.
  • Options
    M9silent wrote: »
    Because a G4 Nute and 2 jawas can almost solo p4. 9.4 million. That's why. It's broken, get over it, stop crying.

Nothing in the team is broken. They are all used with no glitch or trick. Simply used as they are. And within about 36 hours it has become an issue. How long was Teebo broken? That was an actual issue of a character not WAI and it took a very long time to fix.

The issue here is you can use three characters that don't potentially cost you any money to darn near solo a raid phase. Zylo can solo Phase 1. No fix incoming. See the difference yet?
  • Options
    Phipps wrote: »
    This is your player base waving goodbye to any goodwill you might have earned with this weeks upcoming update.

• Options
    What a bunch of bull... no bug, just good strategy after months of the raid being out... only reason they're gonna change things is because they're not making money off this... I'm disgusted honestly... and no, I don't even have Nute unlocked... because he's just terrible. God forbid people found a use for 1 of the crud ftp toons.
  • Options
    tRRRey wrote: »
    tmntguy86 wrote: »

So are we really going to nerf this setup bc it's not a heavy paywall and gear investment of clones, Zylo and resistance?

No, they're going to nerf it because it's Nute Freaking Gunray in his birthday suit with 2 jawas crapping all over every other team.

That is awful.

So awful that it's beating your fully geared Resistance and Clones :wink:

Rebels, so not the best, but your point is still true :)
  • Morpheus
    279 posts Member
    Options
    Working as a guild is a myth. HAAT is meant to sunder guilds, can't have FTPs running wild together, that just won't do.
  • IvoB1987
    494 posts Member
    Options
    With this new strategy hAAT becomes a lot easier. And in my opinion it is about time it becomes more doable. The tank raid exists now for quite a lot of time. And still there are many many guilds not able to do it, including the one I am in. And actually quite some members are players from when the game started (end 2015). The thing is, finishing this raid requires either a handful of whales or a very well organised and strict guild. Our guild is not that strict and more of a fun guild and I think these kind of guilds also deserve to be able to get some Kenobi shards. It has been long enough now. People were also able to do crazy amounts of damage in the Rancor raid some time after it was released and for some reason you were okay with it back then. Why not do the same now? Give the more laid-back guilds also a chance. It is time
  • Options
    its pretty ridiculous what they are doing "fixing" it
  • M9silent
    821 posts Member
    Options
    The team requires little to no gear. No zetas. And only 3 members.

Clones and resistance require tons of gear and zetas. Big difference.
  • Tenebris_Fidem
    123 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    yes, i am very sure there will be nerfs coming in!

sadly, although, it didn't violate any rules & regulations - including the fact that it fits perfectly in the math - it proves to be a loss for ea & the devs. it's not surprising if they change it up, it's all about business (though they say it's because of the raid being a guild team effort & all that nonsense - trust me, it's standard procedure crisis handling & control), they're not going to earn from this. so don't be surprised if they tip the scales into their favor & a glitch suddenly pops out of nowhere. us little guys are just in for the ride no matter how much you know of a better way to drive.

in any case & whatever happens, just remember & don't ever forget, zeta vader in pit was a glitch, lugo's isn't because it fits perfectly in the math.

either way, kudos to lugo (founder of the solo p2&4 haat) - player's got a bright future ahead - online gaming & the real world. so i say just keep it up & may the force be w/ you!
  • Options
    Drax_77 wrote: »
    It's really surprising to me that they let kylo go this long, yet a day or 2 into the nute thing and it's "not working as intended"

• Options
    The team requires little to no gear. No zetas. And only 3 members.

Clones and resistance require tons of gear and zetas. Big difference.

Which is exactly why this particular team is an "issue" for the devs. ;)

• Longtab
    32 posts Member
    Options
    Look, someone found a strategy within the game rules and they get punished by the developers that overlooked it. Why punish the f2p players that invested in a worthless character by making him even more worthless? I get it, you can't cheat the system but this is kind of ridiculous since they will release a Jedi Luke raid in the future that will make this current topic obsolete.
  • M9silent
    821 posts Member
    Options
    xanderxman wrote: »
    Because a G4 Nute and 2 jawas can almost solo p4. 9.4 million. That's why. It's broken, get over it, stop crying.

Nothing in the team is broken. They are all used with no glitch or trick. Simply used as they are. And within about 36 hours it has become an issue. How long was Teebo broken? That was an actual issue of a character not WAI and it took a very long time to fix.

The issue here is you can use three characters that don't potentially cost you any money to darn near solo a raid phase. Zylo can solo Phase 1. No fix incoming. See the difference yet?

Zylo needs to retreat multiple times to do it. Clones and resistance require tons of gear and zetas.
  • Options
    They are quick to jump to fix something that potentially cost them money but things that take from us they leave. They honestly just don't care guys because no one stands up against them. If people would stand together more these companies wouldn't get away with so much.
  • Options
    So basically the message is, do the best you can, spend as much as you need to be successful. Just pray you don't cross our imaginary threshold of what we feel is to much success. Not sure if it's a number of points or percent damage, but when does your damage output equate to a nerf?
  • Options
    That's the biggest thing here is that it's not a bug, they did it
  • Options

Zylo needs to retreat multiple times to do it. Clones and resistance require tons of gear and zetas.

And you just hit on why this particular team is an issue for the devs. No potential money spent. Plain and simple.

• M9silent
    821 posts Member
    Options
    Ryman03 wrote: »
    That's the biggest thing here is that it's not a bug, they did it

People are allowed​to make mistakes and then correct them. No one is perfect.
  • Kissycat
    410 posts Member
    Options
    I'm sure what they will say is the following: we changed nute leader ability to prevent a dangerous stealth team using R2 and Lando under nute. Due to the recent finding made by Lugo, we will change nute leader to provide 40% tm at max level.
    Now, I know they will do something about this. Mainly because it's angering some krakens who've spent a lot of cash to get the same performance. However, as we have had some bugs that have existed for 13 months (see guild ticket display bug), I feel extremely disheartened that they will spend their time and resources to jump on this instead of fixing some of these lingering issues.
  • Phipps
    1107 posts Member
    Options
    Jawas require lot of op gear, omegas, 15 mill credits don't act like it costs nothing. If you purchase all the resources for them it's 100-200 dollars
  • Options
    So basically the message is, do the best you can, spend as much as you need to be successful. Just pray you don't cross our imaginary threshold of what we feel is to much success. Not sure if it's a number of points or percent damage, but when does your damage output equate to a nerf?

The imaginary threshold is when it's naked Nute and two jawa sidekicks at g8.

• Ledbetter
    17 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Funny thing is zylo can solo a phase and clones can solo a phase but nute can and they talk about nerfing him. The whole reason they would nerf him is because he gives ftp guilds a chance to do haat and makes less people want to spend money on the game because him and the 2 jawas he needs are easily farmable and they don't take a zeta. I mean zylo has an exploit that can make him solo a phase by himself but he is harder to get and requires a zeta. It is all about how they can suck more money out of everyone and letting a easily farm able combo help guilds that aren't made up of p2p players do haat is not putting money in there pocket.
    Post edited by Mageduckey on
  • Options
    gatormatt wrote: »
    Don't worry guys. They'll change the narrative on the forums and introduce the fan favorite June character this week to take your attention off this. It's a classic marketing ploy. Watch and see.

Jedi luke couldn't save them from "fixing" three toons that are WAI based on their abilities. Devs not realizing this team setup is possible when they gave jawas tank raid bonuses - not the players fault. Hope after the nerf players who wasted gear on nute get something back
  • nite0wl29
    412 posts Member
    Options
    Lol God have mercy on the souls of Nute and any other worthless faction that's not a Rebel. I don't even have Nute unlocked, but this is ridiculous!
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    A few points, right or wrong who knows...

1- 3/4 of the raid, this could be used in p3 also, which means if done right and with good rng you could do it in 1 run.
    2- this can be done with under geared/lvled toons with fairly basic mods (not as intended for this raid)

I agree that they should have seen this but even the thousands of players here testing things out didn't find it right away.

lets just wait and see what happens
  • Caljr
    162 posts Member
    Options
    Even paid heroes not work well, Sabine skill is broken for HAAT, says that cannot resist and increase each extra, but Sargent clone do less damage over 8 times or more. R2D2, JS and others are a lot better
  • Options
    This sucks. I hate the underlying message developers are sending. Spend money and time and you'll be somehow close to HAAT. How about all the time and strategy and RNG needed for the Nute ability to work? I'm very disappointed with the course of this great find and Developers response.
  • Byakuya
    392 posts Member
    Options
    Clones and resistance (not to mention zylo) is not 'working together to overcome insurmountable foes' for instance my zylo clones and resistance will do 58% of the entire haat raid