Game Update 6/7/2017 Megathread

Replies

• DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options
    Will the thrawn event require all 6 phoenix squad members or just 5?

Please tag me if you respond. This will likely get added to the megathread and ill never find it there.
  • akositzke
    275 posts Member
    Options
    DatBoi wrote: »

Please tag me if you respond. This will likely get added to the megathread and ill never find it there.

I'm wondering the same thing. Just posted this in my guild Discord "Big question to me is - if we only need a regular team (5 members) for Thrawn - which 5 Pheonix should we farm? Obviously Hera since she's the only one with a leadership skill - and I'd assume Ezra, Kanan and Sabine since they are at least marginally useful other places - but who would be the 5th - Chopper or Zeb? And anyone think we might need all 6?"
  • Tatebomb
    797 posts Member
    Options
    akositzke wrote: »
    DatBoi wrote: »

I'm wondering the same thing. Just posted this in my guild Discord "Big question to me is - if we only need a regular team (5 members) for Thrawn - which 5 Pheonix should we farm? Obviously Hera since she's the only one with a leadership skill - and I'd assume Ezra, Kanan and Sabine since they are at least marginally useful other places - but who would be the 5th - Chopper or Zeb? And anyone think we might need all 6?"

Unless they increase squad size to 6 which I doubt.
  • akositzke
    275 posts Member
    Options
    Tatebomb wrote: »

Unless they increase squad size to 6 which I doubt.

I agree - I am expecting them to leave it at 5. With an event character it can be a 6 person team, though, so it's not impossible...
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    Options
    What's the lowest level to unlock Thrawn?
  • Options
    BulYwif wrote: »

Usually 5 star
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    Options

Usually 5 star

Thanks. It's a bit surprising to have a main event requiring previously unfarmable toons to unlock a main toon that every Empire player is expecting for weeks. I never complained about Empire pass since I find it good. But here, if you check how easy was R2 and Fulcrum to be unlocked and if you check how hard it will be to unlock Thrawn, there's something I don't get.

Except spending $$$ to level up 5 toons to 5*, F2P are at a disadvantage. If you consider that we need weeks to gear up one or two toons, this event is only dedicated to spenders and whales.
  • Tatebomb
    797 posts Member
    Options

Usually 5 star

Thanks. It's a bit surprising to have a main event requiring previously unfarmable toons to unlock a main toon that every Empire player is expecting for weeks. I never complained about Empire pass since I find it good. But here, if you check how easy was R2 and Fulcrum to be unlocked and if you check how hard it will be to unlock Thrawn, there's something I don't get.

Except spending $$$ to level up 5 toons to 5*, F2P are at a disadvantage. If you consider that we need weeks to gear up one or two toons, this event is only dedicated to spenders and whales.

Pretty much all events are for spenders.
  • Hidosugi
    67 posts Member
    Options
    ExarTheKun wrote: »
    MayAddy622 wrote: »
    Ljaat wrote: »
    Ljaat wrote: »
    Quick question. Does CG even listen to their fan base? Like did they think this was going to be a good idea? Haha

I think they do.. but whoever came up with this decision didn't have a clue. They are going to lose money over this...

Ignorance is bliss. What makes you think EA will take a loss for this? When has EA ever taken a hit releasing new characters for this game? If they made money off Tarkin (A reworked F2P farmable character that was given to you at 4* for free) then they will most assuredly make money off Thrawn and Phoenix. You don't have to spend, but plenty will. People wanted this. The developers listened. Everyone wins.

I can only speak from my perspective.. I'm a whale and spend more money than I should on this game b/c I have the extra income. After this.. I'm now f2p. It only takes a few ppl like me for them to feel it. I'm not saying for this event they will take a loss.. just the lost income in the future.. for ppl like me who are fed up with this ****.

No. Not unless you are spending tens of thousands of dollars, and there are hundreds of you who will stop spending that amount over this release. EA makes plenty on this game every day without you and your crew my friend. Micro transactions will win in the end.

So who is winning then from micro transactions with this one? Is 99.99 a micro transaction? Is the 640 crystal gamble that gives you ten shards? There is no micro transactions associated with this whole event. You need five characters at five stars which even at two weeks you come up short unless you already used micro transactions in the previous release on pheonix.

One character is micro transaction friendly, probably made a ton on ahsoka 10 dollar packs, where is the micro transactions coming from for pheonix this time around exactly? Would love to hear your reasoning.

People will spend on crystals to farm the Phoenix nodes on double drop days. That will get them far enough along to possibly farm a 5* Thrawn. I guarantee that they will win big with this release. Even if you choose not to participate.

Really now? Players are already spending on crystals regardless of any pheonix farming. I use 3 refreshes on cantina daily, due to limiting exponential factor of how energy costs, not many people are going above that on crystal buys for farming. If they would do that, they would just buy the 99.99 pack and whale it up, cheaper that way in the long run them relying on crystal purchases.

Completely invalid response, this is not micro transaction friendly at all. This is not luring dolphins in at all, and not making ftp turn dolphin, it is strictly whale heavy.

I don't think you understand my argument. I will ATTEMPT to break it down further for you..

D-O-U-B-L-E D-R-O-P-S

Double means twice as many. I assume drops is in reference to shards. Last I checked, EA hasn't done a double drop anything where they didn't make a ton of cash. I hope this is easier for you to decipher. I could try a little harder if you need me to.. But that's about as detailed as it gets.

Have you read the notes on this? If not let me break it down for you further,

There will be a three day window where there are double drops on the nodes associated with the new Phoenix characters (6/8 – 6/10).

Double drops only on pheonix nodes. Rofl, noone is dumping more micro transactions on things they don't want to begin with. As I already stated, those who would pour crystals into farming this many double drops, would just spend the 99.99.

You have no idea how this works. You are basing your ideas on your own opinions and preferences. To say that no one will spend extra on crystals to farm these toons during double drops is completely ignorant.

I want you to find a mirror, and talk yourself into one simple fact. Your opinion is not that of every other player. Your opinion is actually (and I know it will pain you to admit this) a minority in terms of the entire player base..

You need to get out and meet people. Not everyone agrees with you, and that's a good thing for EA.

I think one needs to heed one's own advice
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    Options

Usually 5 star

Wrong. I didn't need to pay for Yoda, EP or R2 since toons were farmable months before the event. Here we have only a couple of weeks to prepare a squad to unlock him. Event with the events before, if you don't pay, you couldn't unlock Thrawn.
  • Options
    Kannen, Zeb and Chopper are not. Is this WAI?
  • Options
  • Tatebomb
    797 posts Member
    Options

Usually 5 star

Wrong. I didn't need to pay for Yoda, EP or R2 since toons were farmable months before the event. Here we have only a couple of weeks to prepare a squad to unlock him. Event with the events before, if you don't pay, you couldn't unlock Thrawn.

That's 3 out of all the events. And not everyone had the required toons for Yoda, EP, and r2d2.
  • SamoBudo
    223 posts Member
    Options
    At least allow Fulcrum Ashoka to be one of the peeps u can use !
  • Options
    Are all of Phoenix double drop?
  • Options
    now that we were to interrupt farming something useful in order to star up one useless toon (farmboy luke) which I havent finished yet, we are to even interrupt that in order to farm a whole useless squad so we can get a probably overpowered toon that will probably also be the 2nd empire fleet admiral ......
  • Options
    Are there double drops on all Phoenix?
  • Options
    It only shows 5 shards for Zeb instead of 10.
  • Ahwang826
    136 posts Member
    Options
    Remember the post where someone said Phoenix squad would be required for thrawn and everybody laughed thinking no way cg would do that?
  • Options
    ...and putting him behind rebels:) At least I don't have to bother with empire for a toon everyone loves:)

@danflorian1984 looks like this time I win, I don't need to pull out my credit card and I get Thrawn.

What's your thought on the Phoenix squadron requirement?
  • Vohbo
    332 posts Member
    Options
    I think this is the most disgusting business practice I have ever seen. So, it's a good thing to know that at least some things in the world don't change, and you can always rely on EA to push the boundries of what is ethical.
  • Options
    Vohbo wrote: »
    I think this is the most disgusting business practice I have ever seen. So, it's a good thing to know that at least some things in the world don't change, and you can always rely on EA to push the boundries of what is ethical.

why? Most should have Phoenix 4* 10/65, and since the first 6/7 gear levels take less than a day you SHOULD be good to go when Thrawn arrives.
  • Options
    Since Phoenix is a bit farmable now, wonder if they are worth it...
    I've seen Ezra at Jedi team that rank #1 daily.. and I mostly wonder why. What he bring to a team.. looking at his skills.. basically nothing, no? What am I missing here? Offense boost if you go all offense on him can't be that good.

Also, chopper. P3, HAAT, someone tried? Got bonus against droids, and it can taunt, and also dodge so good RNG might be very helpful. Is he useful or the description is misleading?
    Thx
  • Olga
    1333 posts Member
    Options
    I think this is the most disgusting business practice I have ever seen
    lmao settle down. Sure it sucks, but I just say screw it, I won't bother getting Thrawn. If he turns out to be meta-breaking, I can always quit if I don't like it. If he's not meta-breaking then no biggie. I have too much other stuff to gear up anyway.
  • Barmuka_1
    602 posts Member
    Options
    They should have hid than behind clones or jawas.....
  • Pyrefly
    1254 posts Member
    Options
    Check after the shop refreshes.
    swgoh.gg profile: Pyrefly -- Check out my Galactic Power Tables and my TB Phase Info Tables !!
  • jackv11
    51 posts Member
    Options
    shame!!!!!!!!!! disgusting!!!!!!!!!
  • Briglja
    63 posts Member
    Options
    This phoneix idea is your best idea ever!!!! Even better then those mods that came out first. +90% protection was it?
    L
  • C_Man101
    195 posts Member
    Options

why? Most should have Phoenix 4* 10/65, and since the first 6/7 gear levels take less than a day you SHOULD be good to go when Thrawn arrives.

I left my rebel squad at unlock
  • Options
    Pyrefly wrote: »
    Check after the shop refreshes.

will it become 10???