Game Update 6/7/2017 Megathread

Prev13456747
Mageduckey
699 posts Member
edited June 2017
GRAND ADMIRAL THRAWN
You’ve seen the teaser, and now we can confirm-Grand Admiral Thrawn has made his way to Galaxy of Heroes! Prepare your Phoenix Squadron to participate in his epic event, The Artist of War. When and where Grand Admiral Thrawn will strike, no one knows. Stay tuned for more details!

DOUBLE DROPS ON PHOENIX NODES
Begins June 8th 9th and 10th
Rejoice! The Phoenix Squadron has landed in the Cantina! Your favorite Rebels are now available in the following areas listed below. Accelerate your Squad's rise to power by joining us in Double Drops celebration! With the promise of the Empire rising to overthrow the threat of the Rebellion, if you haven’t already added these Star Wars Rebel characters to your squad, now’s the time!
  • Chopper - Cantina Store
  • Ezra - Cantina 2-B, Fleet Store
  • Hera - Cantina 1-F
  • Kanan - PvP Store
  • Sabine - Dark Side Hard 1-A, Guild Store
  • Zeb - Galactic War Store

SHARD SHOP SHUFFLE
For a limited time, the Phoenix Squadron make their appearance in the Shard Shop! Please see below for a breakdown of Shards that’re being rotated out and in.
IN
  • Chopper
  • Ezra Bridger
  • Hera Syndulla
  • Kanan Jarrus
  • Sabine Wren
  • Garazeb Orrelios
OUT
  • Nihilus
  • Sith Trooper
  • Sith Assassin
RISE UP! FLASH EVENT

It's time to rise up in the Phoenix Squadron Flash Event! Much like the Trouble on Tattooine event, Flash Events only last one to four hours in each instance and repeat several times a day, so be sure to catch them when they launch! Earn gear and power up your Phoenix Squadron as you embark on a mission to Lothal to deal a blow to the Empires carefully laid plans. But be warned, this Rebel show of force has not gone unnoticed. It's imperative that your squadron engage in this mission and arise victorious. A looming threat is beginning to close in, keen to ensure that the Rebellion become the architects of their own demise.

The first of this Flash event series fires off June 9th, so get ready!

PHOENIX SQUADRON FACTION PACK

Level up your Phoenix Squadron with the Phoenix Squadron Faction Pack! Each pack awards a Character card containing Character Shards for one of the many Phoenix Squadron Characters.

PHOENIX SQUADRON ULTIMATE BUNDLE
The Empire has revealed their hand, and with the Artist of War at the helm, The Phoenix Squadron is our only hope. Power up your team and take a stand! This bundle will unlock each of the 6 Phoenix Squadron characters at 3-Stars or level them up further if you participated in the Phoenix Squadron events.
Bundle includes 6 total characters!
  • Chopper
  • Ezra Bridger
  • Garazeb Orrelios
  • Hera Syndulla
  • Kanan Jarrus
  • Sabine Wren

BUGS
  • Fixed a bug where Tarkin's debuffs from Intimidation Tactics can be dispelled by friendly units.
  • Fixed guild chat spam caused by the increase of mod drop rates
  • Fixed a bug where Ahsoka Fulcrum would take less damage than intended from debuffs if there were more than 10 on her in a single turn.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/114910/game-update-6-7-2017#latest
CG_TopHat wrote: »
Hello Holotable Heroes!

Welcome back to another edition of the SotG. In this installment we’re going to cover our most recent character announcement and how we are adjusting the Character Release Cadence for it.

Grand Admiral Thrawn and the Phoenix Squadron

Grand Admiral Thrawn has arrived in Galaxy of Heroes! In the coming days you’re going to enjoy some videos of his very powerful kit that enables masterful strategies. During Star Wars Celebration we teased we would be releasing two fan favorites. R2-D2 was the first, and Grand Admiral Thrawn is the second, closing out the series of Empire reworks and releases. We can’t express enough how excited we are to bring the nefarious and calculating Chiss admiral to the game and hope you love him as much as we do.

Grand Admiral Thrawn has an interesting history in Star Wars. Originally a part of the incredible Timothy Zahn trilogy, he has now returned to Star Wars in the Rebels series and a new Zahn book. Given Thrawn’s association with the Phoenix Squadron, we have opted for them to be the faction required to obtain Thrawn in our brand new Legendary event, The Artist of War.

With the recent addition of Phoenix to the game and their previous lack of obtainable locations on the board, we’ve done a few things to ease the inflow of shards for these characters.
  • We are breaking the Character Release Cadence and adding the Phoenix Squadron to the Cantina earlier than we normally would (by about two weeks).
  • There will be a three day window where there are double drops on the nodes associated with the new Phoenix characters (6/8 – 6/10).
  • We’re offering flash events that have Phoenix requirements which should help you gear up your Phoenix members in preparation to take on Grand Admiral Thrawn.
  • Packs and bundles will be featured in the Store to accelerate player’s progress in obtaining these characters.

Generally, if we think we’re going to need the break the Character Release Cadence for a good reason, we’ll let you know. Otherwise, best of luck to all our Holotable Heroes as you prepare to face the Artist of War.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/115260/state-of-the-galaxy-6-7-2017#latest
Post edited by J0K3R on

Replies

• Bhaalor
    1724 posts Member
    Options
    Greetings,

First and foremost I love this game, its amazing and it is the only phone game I play. One of my main complaints though is the "SURPRISE! YOU NEED FARMBOY LUKE!" I dont like surprises like that, yes we got 50 shards (THANK YOU!), but needing him at 6* to complete the last tier was not fun, I do not like scrambling, and I am sure a lot of others feel the same. Thank you for giving us the first 3 tiers with pre-gen characters; although I for one had my Jawa's pretty boss, there are many in my guild who did not, and benefited greatly from the pre-gen ability to perform the first three tiers of the event.

I would love first and foremost information pertaining to the new events on the official forums. Yes, some are listed (what they are and the time they are going to show up; thank you again); but listing what you will need so we can prepare, instead of scrambling to get them.

Second, Id like in game; in depth views on the events. The two events coming up (I've beat them several times, not a big deal); but those along with other events, if you could drill in like you can the Daily Challenges, and see the different tiers, rewards, and requirements it would vastly improve our quality of life.

I also realize that part of the "Scramble" is to get people to spend crystals (It worked...); but we were going to do that anyway; and instead of getting characters we wanted those of us who didn't have farm boy luke had to scramble if we wanted to get him in time for the event.
  • Options
    Is everyone farming HAAT now? Or at least everyone who's going to be able to? Have those who can't beat it just settled in to the NAAT And called it good?
  • Barmuka_1
    602 posts Member
    Options
    My guild made the leap and put in the work and haat is on farm now. 12/145 and another starting tonight. 6 months I guess and gk will be farmed up completely. :smiley:
  • Options
    @Barmuka_1 it won't take that long! We started beating it early April and our top guys unlocked him this week. Everyone else is over 100 shards already. COMING SOON!
  • Barmuka_1
    602 posts Member
    Options
    @Coolmcdrew I meant as far as 7*. Our crew worked tirelessly on p2 and p3 squads, and innovation. I'm currently only doing around 1.5m a haat. But I've toon fared most of my life on the game. Now that I have 63 7* I can finally focus all I got on mods and gear. (Dn and baze) dailies only I'm sure a few months and I'll be top 3 in my guild for sure lol
  • Options
    @Barmuka_1 I've got some hardcore guys in my guild. I can clear 2million and don't even sniff top 3 lol
  • crzydroid
    7301 posts Moderator
    Options
    Nope. Many, many guilds still trying to make the jump to HAAT.
  • Barmuka_1
    602 posts Member
    Options
    @Coolmcdrew it's actually pretty cool. I have most character farmed up for great haat teams. I just need to gear and lvl some of them. I've been hard core for about 6 months now but I've played since launch. Original not international. So my roster is diverse. I didn't know what I was doing with gear until I joined the current guild. But I feel if I can make a few tweaks I'll be great. Speed is the largest factor in aat. I even think as a second p3 squad I may run a teebotie with tarkin and 2 tanks. Should shell our some decent damage to go with my chirpatine
  • Options
    I don't believe my guild will ever be able to make the jump to HAAT, too many low level players and not organised enough. Tbf, I'm not near to be useful on HAAT, only have two "top teams".
  • Khayman
    850 posts Member
    Options
    My guild still working towards it. Added a few heavy hitters hopefully translates to HAAT well. We got about halfway into p3 last try which was our furthest attempt. Would be nice to have GK
  • Options
    @John_Anacall we were in that boat and made a merge. Still took us about 3 months after that to be ready.

@Khayman p3 is the soul crusher once you get through that you're ready to go.
  • Kitch
    171 posts Member
    Options
    We don't talk about it anymore. That way, if people find good teams, the devs don't 'fix' them.

/s
  • SFB210
    7 posts Member
    Options
    Is Phoenix squadron only going to be available through shipments? Or will the you eventually get nodes?
  • SFB210
    7 posts Member
    Options
    They*
  • BzmR94
    231 posts Member
    Options
    they will be farmable soon
  • Options
    Better finish your DN in the shard shop while you can. A tier 1 toon will be replaced with crappy Phoenix squad in a few weeks
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Release cadence.....
  • Antares
    686 posts Member
    Options
    They moved into the shop and packs only about 10 days ago or so. It will take at least another month for them to move to a node.
  • Güd
    21 posts Member
    Options
    We merged with a guild who were "beatinging the HAAT too fast and want to slow it down". That was like 3 months ago, and I shoule have GK in by June 23 or July 3.
  • Options
    Coolmcdrew wrote: »
    Is everyone farming HAAT now? Or at least everyone who's going to be able to? Have those who can't beat it just settled in to the NAAT And called it good?

Not many complaints about HAAT anymore cause everyone has pretty much excepted the way it is, and have moved on to other things to complain about. Like gear crunch, credit crunch, not enough ship content, no Jedi Luke yet, ECT ECT ECT
  • Options
    Sssshhhh, don't talk about HAAT. The EYE is all seeing .
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    Options
    Those posts r just getting buried faster under a wealth of other useless posts about nerfing Chaze or ppl's suggestions about what skills they would give to whatever toon...like anyone gives a rat's @zz.
  • Gamorrean
    2745 posts Member
    Options
    With now having Chaze, rex and DN I don't need GK... I want him, but hes not needed.

@chazeareopandifinishhighnow
  • Antares
    686 posts Member
    Options
    hAAT is absolutely doable. Doesn't need any adjustment! It takes effort and time, but that was the aim in the first place. Once we get Level90/G12, it will become accessible to essentially everyone.
  • Options
    I think it's exactly as you said. Because there's no sort of cheap way to do it, Nute and the Jawas, people have just settled where they are and will get there in due time. That's at least what my guild is doing. We have a lot of low level players and none of us have even unlocked Han Solo yet from Rancor.

We're getting there and only after that will we even think about moving to HAAT. I mean I think everybody currently is focusing more on Arena too at the moment and raids are just sort of a gear farming method.
  • Olga
    1333 posts Member
    Options
    Don't have a single GK shard and had to quit my guild because of time constraints. Doubt I'll ever get GK while he's worth having.
  • Options
    We just gave up - with so many guild members leaving due to crap content and chaze, we can't keep a strong enough guild together. And no one with a good roster wants to join a guild that isn't farming HAAT.
  • Options
    Olga wrote: »
    Don't have a single GK shard and had to quit my guild because of time constraints. Doubt I'll ever get GK while he's worth having.

His skills should keep him worth having for a long time. I would imagine he's Rex-like in his longevity.
  • Options
    Nearly have him 7* most in my guild the same some top hitters got him a maxed a while ago waiting for the next challenge!
  • Options
    Olga wrote: »

His skills should keep him worth having for a long time. I would imagine he's Rex-like in his longevity.

I've not been around that much, how long was Han Solo viable from the pit raid?