Game Update 6/7/2017 Megathread

Replies

• Options
    Jokes on you.. imagine having nothing better to spend your money on in this life hahahahaha

And it's an awful life! Sigh! :p

SnakesOnAPlane
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    Options
    He has to be OP, otherwise investment made by some players will be lost and real spenders will be disappointed, which is not a good marketing strategy. I just hope he won't be this kind of toon that you can plug in any team to win without any synergy.
  • NahWillis
    195 posts Member
    Options
    Lossberg wrote: »
    I assume also Phoenix squad will be good in GW and maybe also capable of some high dmg in HAAT/future raids.

What decent team isn't good in GW? Resistance do it easily and can do 10m damage in the raid. And if Phoenix can't do good damage now they aren't going to do it in the future unless they get a rework or a new character.
  • Options
    To repeat myself here would be a moo point.
    Hopefully posting this kind of garbage on a forum gives your life some meaning. Good for you if it does but just a little reality check (no one gives a f***)
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    If it will start in 8 days and end in 15, it should be enough for ftp to unlock but most probably we will short on time to 7*. Maybe it is the dev's goal to favor whales in this way

That's fair that whales have some advantages, unlocking him at 5* will be good enough for this time and it's a goal that all Empire users needs to have :wink: So Empire users, invest in Rebels.
  • Options
    To repeat myself here would be a moo point.
    Hopefully posting this kind of garbage on a forum gives your life some meaning. Good for you if it does but just a little reality check (no one gives a f***)

I'm so happy you made time to come into my big world and discuss the meaning of life with me. You keep on being you, and don't ever worry about what others think. When you fall, surely someone will catch you?!
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • Options
    NahWillis wrote: »
    I assume also Phoenix squad will be good in GW and maybe also capable of some high dmg in HAAT/future raids.

What decent team isn't good in GW? Resistance do it easily and can do 10m damage in the raid. And if Phoenix can't do good damage now they aren't going to do it in the future unless they get a rework or a new character.

He's talking future raids. They can easily have synergy for GAT and Phoenix.

SnakesOnAPlane
  • Kitch
    171 posts Member
    Options
    Why not wait until the reveal on Sat? I admit, chances are he has a decent kit, but still, if you have the means to star them quickly, what's a few days wait to confirm he's worth it?
  • Lossberg
    457 posts Member
    Options
    NahWillis wrote: »

He's talking future raids. They can easily have synergy for GAT and Phoenix.

Exactly. We don't know what will be the future raid (or new game mode) - but if it will be a Death Star raid rebels may be buffed there somehow, including Phoenix. Also they may be good there is a some phases like Clones/Resistance are strong now in p2/p4
  • Options
    Definately not
  • Options
    Well said. I am the biggest moaner on the forums but they made it f2p with some notice too, that's all we ever ask for isn't it? I won't be getting thrawn, I'm still working on arena team, empire raid squad which will 7* my R2 next time round, so I'll miss out. But I can't complain because I'm missing out by choice, not being forced out which is completely fair. If he's game changing and I don't get him then I'll be gutted but it's just the way it goes. Can't do every faction at once unfortunately.
  • Options
    It seems the devs value Sabine the highest tho, as she only has one hard node and guild store.
  • Options
    I'll be farming the heck out of the double drop cantina nodes just for the currency and potential double mats.
  • Options
    Finally some sense on the forums.

Phoenix needs a buff not all the hate for nothing
  • Olga
    1333 posts Member
    Options
    Saetet wrote: »
    I have 86 g11s and all but two phoenix squadron maxed (but all 7 stars) and I still consider myself a dolphin.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/saetet/
    You have a nice pic though, I love BEKs.
  • Billcarson66
    852 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    swgohfan29 wrote: »
    specically theyre on the top middle

That's good to know. She hasn't shown up for me yet. I don't need competition for JE and Jyn. It seems them that they value her the most because of only one hard node and a rotation ingame shipment.
  • Olga
    1333 posts Member
    Options
    Well they look like they give shards for all characters but they don't, you only get shards for one char so they're garbage. I tried one and got 10 Kanan shards.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    this thread has turned out rather nicely =) entertaining stuff from both sides. 9/10, would read again.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • SidiousIsPikachu
    771 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    I couldn't care less than thrawn, but this is absurd. Demanding a 5 guys who are useless to be 5* for one toon is bad. Very bad. Phoenix are not close to be as large as jedis, rebels, and empire, and not close to be as strong as jedis rebels and empire.
    Also. The type of event that suggest that thrawn is as iconic as r2d2, Yoda or Palp, is an insult lol.

And I do hope that thrawn will be new meta and will be hard count for chaze. I'm sick of that rex, chaze, GK teams that with no zeta and no RNG help, and without modding like crazy, can be top.
    Thrawn won't be able to counter all, and therefore we'll see more jedis/empire teams in top.

If thrawn will counter jedis, empire, and sith as well as rebel.... And will increase the power creep too much, I'm probably out. EA and CG pulling too much **** on us.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options

the beauty of it all is that you don't need to spent money at all and you'll still be able to be "competative". Phoenix squadron is relatively easy to farm. Judging by the previous "legendary events" you don't need them max gear either.
    Sure, requiring empire, rebels, galactic republic or scoundrels would have been way easier for most, but it is what it is. Clones or FO for example would have been way worse for most.
    Post edited by Vampire_X on
  • Ciel_6
    178 posts Member
    Options
    This is your best post yet, snakes! Inspired! Perfect!
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options

this leaves me wondering what your comment says about you as a person, or me for that matter. ;)
    lets face it, you took time out of your life to call someone on the interwebz pathetic.
    Post edited by Vampire_X on
  • Options
    Getting them to 5* is probably the goal, for unlocking Thrawn.
  • Gamorrean
    2745 posts Member
    Options
    Well, then it looks like I won't wastemy crystals on them..
  • Options
    Crazy
  • Options
    I am still holding on, "brand new Legendary event", it might be a re-worked type of Legendary event.
  • Options
    I'm actually okay with this. Choosing such a crap faction to get thrawn will actually have everyone on pretty even footing as no one other than the uber whales that were tricked out of their money upon their release will have bought them. Plus five of the six can be farmed simultaneously and rather easily which I have never seen before.
  • Reyalp
    738 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    I'll bet one of Thrawns abilities reverses buffs on enemy toons. Bye bye Chaze.