Ver Update 9: 08/28/2017 [MEGA]

Prev13456758
Kyno
32087 posts Moderator
edited September 2017
"kozispoon wrote:
Rejoice! The remaining components of our Territory Battle update are going live today! This means all the highly anticipated content detailed in our forum Version Update notes <<HERE>> will finally be visible in game. This also means that the first Territory Battle is going live at 6AM PST/1PM UTC on Thursday morning, August 31st. It will last for six days, and the next Territory Battle will start the following Thursday.

Please note that going forward, players will notice the star requirements for characters in Raids are incorrectly listed (ex: In a 6 star Raid, character requirements are listed as 7 star). Rest assured that this display bug should not affect gameplay and will be addressed at a later date.
CG_RyDiggs wrote: »
Greetings Holotable Heroes!
We at Capital Games are happy to finally bring you Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes Version Update 9! This version update includes the BRAND NEW, anxiously awaited game mode: TERRITORY BATTLES! Along with new iconic Characters and improvements, we're excited to share this amazing new adventure with our amazing community! Read below for details on the update.

As of Monday 8/28, we are still rolling out the update to Apple and Google stores. You can check to see if it is available and download in manually. When we've populated the stores world wide, we'll be updating all users to this new version!

A special thank you to all of you, our supportive and passionate player base. Together, we make this journey truly heroic.
Fight on!
@CG_RyDiggs << Version Update 9 MEGATHREAD>>

UPDATE 8/29-The daily login character for September is: Captain Phasma

TERRITORY BATTLES <<TERRITORY BATTLES MEGATHREAD>>
After sneak peeks, overviews, and copious amounts of community strategizing, the wait is over. Territory Battles launches onto the Holotable! This is an epic, multi-phase battle, pitching the entire collection of characters and ships of every guild member against a progressively challenging, living battlefield. Territory Battles is restricted to players level 65 and higher.
You can read our deep dive on the Territory Battles feature here, some highlights include:
Territory Map
All the player's units (characters or ships) can be deployed to a Territory, advancing progress toward earning stars in that territory and allowing select units to be used on missions in the Territory.
Dynamic Updating
An activity log updates showing the contributions all players made to the Territory either through deploying units or completing nodes on the Territory.
Galactic Power Visually increases
Whenever a player makes an investment in any unit, the players Galactic Power will visually increase.
Combat Mission
Battle where players earn additional Territory Points toward the Territory based on the number of encounters completed.
Territory Deployment
All the player's units can be deployed to a Territory, advancing progress toward earning stars in that Territory and allowing those units to be used on any missions in the Territory.
GALACTIC POWER
Galactic Power is a new way of gauging the power of your collection and is very important in the Deployment Mission in Territory Battles. Galactic Power can be viewed in a variety of locations including when activating or upgrading a unit, in the Unit Inventory HUD, and in the player profile.
Guild Galactic Power is the sum of the Galactic Power of all guild members. This can be viewed in the guild home HUD and in a new leaderboard under Territory Battles.
A second leaderboard has been added to display the guilds with the highest stars earned in each Territory Battle. This reset monthly.
GUILD SEARCH
We encourage our players to invite more players to their guild to get the most out of Territory Battles! To make this easier, the ability to join an ally guild has been expanded to allow searching for a guild using a variety of criteria such as guild name, members, and Guild Galactic Power. In addition, players can search for guilds and send an invite request without leaving their current guild.
NEW UNITS
• Rebel Officer Leia Organa
• Captain Han Solo
• Hermit Yoda
New characters make their way to the Holotable in Territory Battles. We offered the playerbase a sneak peek at their kits and abilities already, so if you need a second look, clicking the names below should lead you to each character’s respective Character Strategy guide.
• Rebel Officer Leia Organa
• Captain Han Solo
• Hermit Yoda
Alongside these familiar faces come some exciting additions to Territory Battles:
Imperial Scout Droid
Snowtrooper Commander
Snowtrooper Ops
GEAR XII ARRIVES
Gear XII update has arrived in Galaxy of Heroes! You will need Seven Star characters to use Gear Level XII; Gear Level XII can be purchased in the Guild Event Store. Alongside the newly unlocked Gear XII update, we’ve added 8 new gear pieces to the game. The new gear is a significant increase in the amount of power from Gear Level XI and also increases your overall Galactic Power with each piece.
• Mk XII ArmaTek Armor Plating
• Mk XII ArmaTek Bayonet
• Mk XII ArmaTek Tactical Data
• Mk XII ArmaTek Visor
• Mk XII ArmaTek Wrist Band
• Mk XII ArmaTek Cybernetics
• Mk XII ArmaTek Multi-tool
• Mk XII ArmaTek Medpac
Also arriving to the Holotable are some new Gear XI pieces. Make sure to collect these pieces as you progress towards Gear XII.
Mk 6 Arakyd Droid Caller Salvage
• Light, Normal, Stage 9, Mission 4
Mk 4 Zaltin Bacta Gel Salvage
• Dark, Normal, Stage 9, Mission 3
Mk 9 BioTech Implant Salvage
• Dark, Normal, Stage 9, Mission 4
SHIPS AND SHARDS
Captain Han Solo shards are now available on Cantina Battles (Battle 7-D).
For a limited time, Ahsoka Tano (Fulcrum) is available in the Shard Store. Additionally, Ahsoka Tano (Fulcrum) will be farmable in Fleet Shipments.
Cassians U-Wing has been added to the Fleet Mega Pack.
DAILY CRYSTAL BOOSTER SIGNS OFF
We are removing the Daily Crystal Booster from the Store effective 8/29/2017 for Android and iPhone users. Any Daily Crystal Boosters purchased before 8/29 will yield their full 21 days of crystals. We are reviewing alternative formulations of the booster pack and hope to bring it back in the future.
Prepare for Battle Bundle
Power up your Rebels and get ready for TERRITORY BATTLES! This one-time bundle includes several pieces of fully crafted gear, ability materials, credits, training droids, and Hoth Rebel Scout and Hoth Rebel Soldier shards.
Bundle Contents include:
• Character Shards:
o Hoth Rebel Scout (x55)
o Hoth Rebel Soldier (x55)
• Credits: 4M credits
• XP Droids: 45x Tier 4
• Ability Mats
Hoth Rescue Pack- Captain Han Solo
Power up Captain Han Solo! This daring Rebel support unit risks his life to Revive units and Daze enemies, and will aid in TERRITORY BATTLES. Each pack guarantees at least 5 shards for Captain Han Solo and may award up to 330 SHARDS!
Pack Contents indclude:
• Cards: 1
o Captain Han Solo 5-330
Hoth Rescue Bundle- Captain Han Solo
Get 40 shards of Captain Han Solo with the Hoth Rescue Bundle! This daring Rebel support unit risks his life to Revive units and Daze enemies, and will aid in TERRITORY BATTLES. (Maximum of 1 purchase)
Bundle Contents include:
• Character Shards: Captain Solo (x40)
• Credits: 150,000
• XP Droids: 15x Tier 4
• Ability Mats
GENERAL
• Updated the Splash Screen to include Territory Battles.
• In extreme circumstances where there is a disconnect between the game store and the catalog, if the game fails to get the correct price of anything in the store, instead of defaulting to the USD price in all regions, the store will now default to the text “TAP FOR PRICE”. This will reveal the correct price in the pop-up confirmation to purchase.
• The “Retreat” button has been updated to say “Forfeit” in situations where something is lost for taking that action (ex. Loss of Squad Arena Attempt)
• The resolution of an image in the 2x events popup (from Cantina Home) has been increased to make the image clearer.
• Raid rewards no longer require a client restart to appear in the inbox.
PERFORMANCE
• Fixed an issue where a red screen was flashing during the game loading sequence.
• Resolved a problem where battle animations have a slight delay.
• Fixed numerous asset download/network errors – which displayed as 104.0 Errors.
• Reduced hitching in combat and fleet combat – which was primarily impacting Android users, but will resolve any issues on both platforms.
• Fixed a number of crashes on lowend devices (particularly those introduced by Update 8.1).
• Fixed crashes that occurred when Emperor Palpatine uses the Power of the Darkside AOE attack.
• Optimized memory overhead on iOS and Android.
• Resolved a few issues where the game would hang or get stuck in a loading loop after Galactic War.
• Fixed an issue where the find for MK4 Arakyd Droid Caller Salvage was sometimes causing a loading loop.
BUGS
UI
• Fixed the bug where the Challenge countdown timer stopped updating in realtime.
• The chat hitbox is now dynamic based on the width of the preview rather than a static width. This was particularly problematic with Thrawn as Lead in the Forrest Moon event and with full Ewok squads in Phase two of the Heroic AAT.
• Fixed an issue where the Home button on Android dev ices would cause certain screens (like the character skill upgrade window) to overlap. (Note: This will not fix all instances of this issue, but specifically the ones caused by the Home button.)
• Fixed an issue where tapping on "SIM" in Challenges when there are no Sim tickets on the account prompted players to purchase Cantina or normal energy and tickets.
• Fixed an issue which should prevent the appearance of a negative credit value when trying to upgrade mods.
• Resolved an issue where the Galactic War chest icon appears on Hard nodes.
• Fixed an issue where the art for the Bounty Hunter Challenge briefly replaces the images for other challenges on the challenge screen.
• Fixed an issue where guild icons would appear incorrectly in the “Ally Management” screen.
• Fixed an issue where the energy icon is offset on 4:3 devices.
• Fixed an issue where the Tip Ticker in the Store will flash rapidly.
• Fixed an issue where not all hits, critical and normal, would show on the screen at once. This was particularly noticeable with Wicket’s “Forest Ambush” ability.
• Fixed an issue where “Last Activity Time” updated when a player is attacked in Squad Arena. The “Last Activity Time” should now only update when the player takes action.
CHARACTERS
• Admiral Ackbar: Fixed an issue that could cause “Rebel Coordination” to fail to call an Assist.
• Clone Sergeant Phase I: Critical Chance from "Concentrated Fire" will now stack with other sources of Critical Chance.
• Emperor Palpatine: “Let the Hate Flow” will no longer affect damage-immune targets.
• Ewok Elder: "Tribal Healer" will no longer heal Sith allies under a Darth Nihilus leader.
• Hoth Rebel Scout: Turn Meter gain from “Bold Maneuvers” will now correctly use one chance roll for all allies, instead of separate chance rolls for each ally.
• Fixed a text error in Talia’s special ability “Water of Life” at level 1 says “All other allies recover…” instead of “Each other ally recover…”
• Fixed an issue with Jyn Erso’s “Rebel Counterattack” description in German which implies that more than one Rebel can be revived.
Again, from all of us here at Capital Games, we thank you the community, for matching our passion and support for this beloved game.
Cheers!
RT

Post edited by Vampire_X on

Replies

• This could just be bad RNG for me but has anyone seen any Cuffs in the Fleet Store since the update? I have checked at every refresh and I have yet to see any.
  • Just bought some...
  • Yes i ve seen a bunch
  • Heezyyyy
    95 posts Member
    Bought 2 sets about 5 min ago
  • Benevolence
    39 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    ignore sry
    Post edited by Benevolence on
  • Hi!
    Please. This is a controversial topic that many players hate or love. However, I would like to have the privilege to voice out the newer players that just start the game-- it's a long grind and journey however once you get started, there's another thing that just makes a sense of community

You see, that's the beauty of this game. The people arguing for a level increase are saying that "people are catching up... tired of same teams... won't be challenged... etc..." but that's precisely the reason why CG made the game like this. The versatility really shines. If you want to leave one toon to work on another new one/ one that interests you, by all means you can do that and when you pick back up your old team that's maxed out, it will perform just as well in arena (same dmg individually, although effectiveness is a whole other genera) You always have something to improve upon... Older players and new players alike will have the same field in terms of fairness in squad arena due to the fact that there is a height limit to the gear and level.. however to balance this, Cg made mods-- older players usually have more developed modsets and that's almost always the only place where they gain an advantage. the structure also allows for newer players to work their way up... although a minority of older players hate this, I can say that those players are those who hate seeing new faces and welcome change

I'm not advocating for a stop level 90 nor am i stating that this shouldn't happen. All I am saying is that we(the older players) and those players who want more levels should accept how the game is as a whole and should think about being modest... stepping aside to celebrate others successes once in a while
  • Vohbo
    332 posts Member
    I think that before we go to level 90, we need a way to fix the gear scarcity in some areas. It's good to have difficult to get items, but we really need an item exchange.
  • Maegor
    1217 posts Member
    Vohbo wrote: »
    I think that before we go to level 90, we need a way to fix the gear scarcity in some areas. It's good to have difficult to get items, but we really need an item exchange.

I still have a ton of stuff to gear, but I would argue that we don't need a "catch-up" mechanic on gear until after g12 is introduced. But that's just my 2c.
  • No thank you.
  • Whindanser wrote: »
    No thank you.
    no thank you for reading the post
    Maegor wrote: »

I still have a ton of stuff to gear, but I would argue that we don't need a "catch-up" mechanic on gear until after g12 is introduced. But that's just my 2c.

Agreed
  • I ve heard rumblings - that these won't come for awhile because of newer/new players it's too daunting to achieve. Personally, cap increase is bound to happen eventually and I'm open to it. Would be nice to have extra tiers of heists and challenges that go with it.
    As for gear - this is probably the most frustrating thing in the game overall. The best way to get gear is to spend/save purp. The gear bottleneck / drop/rng from raids is pretty terrible.
    The way I read into it flash events were created for the gear bottleneck.. but doesn't look so good as we are only getting 3 days of them this month.
    My hope is this - flash events continue to be a monthly thing and territory battles' reward of "exclusive " gear are no for tier 11-12 but those pieces we so desperately need.

Sorry for the wall of text.
  • Maegor
    1217 posts Member
    TommySitt wrote: »
    So
    I ve heard rumblings - that these won't come for awhile because of newer/new players it's too daunting to achieve. Personally, cap increase is bound to happen eventually and I'm open to it. Would be nice to have extra tiers of heists and challenges that go with it.
    As for gear - this is probably the most frustrating thing in the game overall. The best way to get gear is to spend/save purp. The gear bottleneck / drop/rng from raids is pretty terrible.
    The way I read into it flash events were created for the gear bottleneck.. but doesn't look so good as we are only getting 3 days of them this month.
    My hope is this - flash events continue to be a monthly thing and territory battles' reward of "exclusive " gear are no for tier 11-12 but those pieces we so desperately need.

Besides not tailoring lvl cap increases to server age, the other thing that baffles me is, when we increase gear tier, why the previous gear is still nearly as difficult to obtain?

When we went to gear 11, stun cuffs, MK3 Carbantis, stun guns, etc. should have been made more plentiful, f2p. I don't consider adding them to the fleet shop at a steep price when in competition with zetas and ship shards "easier to obtain." GW shop, PvP shop, or guild shop would have been a much more appropriate place to make these available.

The norm for this type of game is to make lower tier gear more bountiful, and make difficult to farm the highest tier items. What the devs don't realize/ignore is, that while new gear should be a grind, we have a few new toons added monthly, and they also need to make the journey to g11. Most of us don't have 80 g11 toons on-hand.

I think the problem with making the g7-g10 gear easier to obtain (from their perspective) is that it is the major "speed this up" part of gearing a toon. There isn't enough AAT gear slots to cause AAT gear to be a major hurdle in maxing a character.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member

I am certainly not in support of a level increase to 90 or gear to 12 just yet, but if this were to happen, surely there would be harder event tiers, daily challenges, increase gear available from stores etc. that will come with a level increase etc.

I think a gear heist event would work - but not at the frequency of credit or training droids, maybe once a month - different tiers and good rewards. Gear rewards could be catered to what tier level you can complete to ensure level progression is in tune with each player's needs depending on what level they are at.
  • ^^ it's very poor evidence but if we re going by swgoh.gg next tier pieces it's more of the same.
    Like I said gear is something very hard on for players. While many say the lack of content will cause people to leave/and are leaving- I think the gear is the most frustrating part for most. Adding more gear that would create two bottlenecks may just be the last line for some players.
  • I for one sooner than later would welcome an increase to L90 and G12 and thus recreating the separations in both arena and ships. Sitting at 85 G11 and getting stag net and boring.. "If you're not first, you're last!" ..Ricky Bobby
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    ^^ it's very poor evidence but if we re going by swgoh.gg next tier pieces it's more of the same.
    Like I said gear is something very hard on for players. While many say the lack of content will cause people to leave/and are leaving- I think the gear is the most frustrating part for most. Adding more gear that would create two bottlenecks may just be the last line for some players.

I totally agree
  • Taramel
    601 posts Member
    Boomer8800 wrote: »
    I for one sooner than later would welcome an increase to L90 and G12 and thus recreating the separations in both arena and ships. Sitting at 85 G11 and getting stag net and boring.. "If you're not first, you're last!" ..Ricky Bobby

I would also like a level increase and G12.
  • benacrow
    2700 posts Member
    TommySitt wrote: »
    So
    I ve heard rumblings - that these won't come for awhile because of newer/new players it's too daunting to achieve. Personally, cap increase is bound to happen eventually and I'm open to it. Would be nice to have extra tiers of heists and challenges that go with it.

Besides not tailoring lvl cap increases to server age, the other thing that baffles me is, when we increase gear tier, why the previous gear is still nearly as difficult to obtain?

When we went to gear 11, stun cuffs, MK3 Carbantis, stun guns, etc. should have been made more plentiful, f2p. I don't consider adding them to the fleet shop at a steep price when in competition with zetas and ship shards "easier to obtain." GW shop, PvP shop, or guild shop would have been a much more appropriate place to make these available.

The norm for this type of game is to make lower tier gear more bountiful, and make difficult to farm the highest tier items. What the devs don't realize/ignore is, that while new gear should be a grind, we have a few new toons added monthly, and they also need to make the journey to g11. Most of us don't have 80 g11 toons on-hand.

I would love a gear increase at this time, but this is what I'm worried about. It's not fun having a new gear level when we're still trying to farm holos for g7 toons, and that needs to change (maybe put holos in the guild store like every other 20-piece purple??).

But a gear increase would be great to separate the noobs from the elite in arena. With this long period of stagnation, scrubs have been able to climb to the top with relative ease, when there is a clear difference between the mods and experience of the players who have been at the top for over a year, compared to those who just arrived last month.
    FN 2187, Mighty Chlorians (spelt with a lowercase l not a capital I): Heroic AAT Guide, The Gear Grind
  • I don't mind people working their way up. And wouldn't mind gear increase if it was done properly. Again there are so many great little things that would help out massively. There are tons of suggestions on here that should be considered. Challenge gear out of rewards. New tiers to challenges and some challenges a complete overhaul.
  • benacrow
    2700 posts Member
    I don't mind people working their way up. And wouldn't mind gear increase if it was done properly. Again there are so many great little things that would help out massively. There are tons of suggestions on here that should be considered. Challenge gear out of rewards. New tiers to challenges and some challenges a complete overhaul.

...making the challenges actually challenging to warrant good rewards...that kind of stuff.
    FN 2187, Mighty Chlorians (spelt with a lowercase l not a capital I): Heroic AAT Guide, The Gear Grind
  • How can you increase cap and gear while keeping the same crap rewards!
  • I say bring on gear 12.

Gearing may be the hardest part of maxing a character but it's never been easier to gear up then it is now.

You don't just rely on the rng of raids to drop the bits you need as you can buy a most of the stuff from stores for non crystal currency.

I would also like to point out you don't need every character in the game and don't need to max them all out. Even if you had everything unlocked and maxed you would still only be using about 25% of the characters.
  • benacrow
    2700 posts Member
    I say bring on gear 12.

Gearing may be the hardest part of maxing a character but it's never been easier to gear up then it is now.

You don't just rely on the rng of raids to drop the bits you need as you can buy a most of the stuff from stores for non crystal currency.

I would also like to point out you don't need every character in the game and don't need to max them all out. Even if you had everything unlocked and maxed you would still only be using about 25% of the characters.

What game are you playing?

Gearing is the hardest it's ever been because we're forced to get the new AAT gear pieces that include cuffs and other hard-to-get pieces, yet we still have to farm cuffs and others for these same toons at g8. They're making it significantly harder because old gear isn't getting any easier to obtain.
  • Elbertoman
    24 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Stop your whining. Gear progression is just fine. Either you have discipline and grind it down or buy stuff from the premium shop. That's how this game makes money and stays f2p for the masses.
  • benacrow
    2700 posts Member
    Elbertoman wrote: »
    Stop your whining. Gear progression is just fine. Either you have discipline and grind it down or buy stuff from the premium shop. That's how this game makes money and stays f2p for the masses.

I'm ftp, so buying isn't an option, which is why I am extremely experienced in our inability to obtain older gear even though we have new gear pieces to get. At higher levels, the lower tier gear should no longer be blocking our progress, but that isn't the case.
  • Lossberg
    457 posts Member
    benacrow wrote: »

I'm ftp, so buying isn't an option, which is why I am extremely experienced in our inability to obtain older gear even though we have new gear pieces to get. At higher levels, the lower tier gear should no longer be blocking our progress, but that isn't the case.

Buying is still a best option for gold pieces which cost 750/1250 crystals. Otherwise it's a waste of energy/crystals
  • Revi
    573 posts Member
    No lv 90 or g12 needed yet, there are too many other issues that need addressing first.
  • benacrow wrote: »

This game type -buying is always easier. That's the given. But for the highly sought pieces it shouldn't be such a struggle at this length. And totally not ready to save up purps for cuffs guns biotech implants shield generators and holo lenses 10 times for one toon. It's a detriment that could be shifted slightly.