Territory Battles: Tips, Questions, First Run Notes/Issues [mega]

Replies

• Options
    Yeah everyone who plays swgoh works 12 hour shifts and no one has 10 mins of free time during their 12 hour shift.
  • Karfax
    286 posts Member
    Options
    I'm surprised how quick phase 1 took!
    *** So be it... Jedi ***
  • Options
    Zwanni_420 wrote: »
    Yeah everyone who plays swgoh works 12 hour shifts and no one has 10 mins of free time during their 12 hour shift.

+1

Don't forget the 12 hour shift also aligns perfectly with the 12 hour TB phase!
  • Options
    So if we have one platoon left unfinished today (and I understand the P1 platoon only buffs missions during P2 activity), can we have a player fill the last missing baze for example tomorrow, in case we can't finish P2 tomorrow and would like the full buff for P2 on the third day??
  • Options

It's a weekly event so whether we do it in six days or in 3 shouldn't make a difference. If a 24 hour shift is best for guilds, EA should leave it as it is.
  • Options
    Deploy all your units!

No units available for anything else!

Awesome.
    There's only one territory right now. What else are you going to do?
    Why does it matter if it's one day or 12 hours if it's still only once a week?
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    I crashed on second combat battle at the end of wave 5. Playing on android tablet. Is there any support that I can contact? This will get real frustrating real quick considering you can't restart and lose all contribution.
  • Options
    I couldn't get past wave 5 of six on one of them, still got points, but there's no grand extra reward for completing all 6 waves, right?
  • Options
    Yes.
  • Options
    Just more points.
  • Options
    Pyrefly wrote: »
    This is what I'm thinking. People are saying to go with: Combat > Platoon > deployment .
    But I actually think the order should be: Platoon > Combat > Deployment
    This way you can use the bonuses unlocked from Platoon on the combat missions, correct?
    At least that's how I'm seeing it.
    You fill Platoon first (with weak/required units), then you go into combat.
    Could you care to help, @Pyrefly ?
    The only platoon missions that affects the same territory they're in are the phase 6 platoon missions.
    All other platoon missions affect future territories.

No. There's one in phase 3 (bottom, the power generator thing) and one in phase 5 (snowfields) that also affect the territory itself. The power generator one also affects the territory next to it (rear trenches). It's going to be a pain in the backside to coordinate that.
  • Options
    Ok, good. So when do you get your TB shop tokens?
  • Options
    EricsonX wrote: »
    Ok, good. So when do you get your TB shop tokens?

Next week after all 6 phases are over.
  • Options
    EdSolo wrote: »
    I know everyone is deep into Territory battles right now, but I am wondering if the new Galactic Power stat may be used as a gauge for being ready to tackle the HAAT raid. So my question is what is the total GP of your guild if it has completed a HAAT raid?

My guild currently sits around 45 million. Our last attempt was over a month ago and we only got a little past halfway through P2. It wasn't the most organized attempt since several people were making P1 runs while we had our Zylo's running. We can finish the regular tank in around 24 hours, but it has usually required starting before the refresh time, so we aren't not doing it with a single roster of toons. I would prefer not to waste the raid tickets if we are still a ways off, but we really want to start working on GK shards.

No, Total Guild GP would be a poor statistic to measure HAAT clearing ability. Many of the HAAT teams needed (for very good scores/damage) are specialized and max geared/modded.
  • Options
    So I'm finally able to log in (crashes in the morning) and it turned out my guild already has 2 stars in first phase. Should I deploy all my units (all platoons are maxed) or save them for next phase? If units reset after each phase, I can use them, right?
  • Options
    Yes. You can use units once per phase and they reset each phase. (All the rest of the phases will have multiple territories and you can only use units in one territory each phase).
  • Wassup
    128 posts Member
    Options
    Do combat first then deploy
  • Options
    I have a questions about how territory points are awarded. . . .

I have some in my guild whose territory point contributions are higher than their total galactic power.

After finishing both combat missions (both 6/6) my territory point contributions are about 100,000 lower than my total galactic power.

Is this a glitch?
  • Options
    Why does it matter if it's one day or 12 hours if it's still only once a week?[/quote]

More free time on the weekends? Most people work Monday -Thursday or Friday. I'd rather have Monday thru Thursday to coordinate efforts, work on toons, etc then one day between TB starts. Plus when you got a rainy weekend or soon enough snowy weekend and you don't want to bother going outside in the ****, you'd have twice as many phases to do.
    Not too worried about it, it will switch over to 12 hours at some point, hopefully we'll just have to deal with the 24 hour phases for September.
  • Pyrefly
    1254 posts Member
    Options

I have some in my guild whose territory point contributions are higher than their total galactic power.

After finishing both combat missions (both 6/6) my territory point contributions are about 100,000 lower than my total galactic power.

Is this a glitch?
    You can't deploy ships in phase 1, so your max contribution is going to be your combat mission score + your character GP. If your ship GP is higher than your mission score, then your contribution will be lower than your total GP (character + ship).
    swgoh.gg profile: Pyrefly -- Check out my Galactic Power Tables and my TB Phase Info Tables !!
  • Options
    the description in tb says all hoth HEROES get the ability "last stand" which lets them revive.
    Does this include the hoth brothers? or just leia and han?
  • Options
    Is anyone aware of a breakdown of the points needed for each star level in the territories? Would be nice if there was a breakdown of it to judge how far to push.
  • Options

Is this a glitch?
    You can't deploy ships in phase 1, so your max contribution is going to be your combat mission score + your character GP. If your ship GP is higher than your mission score, then your contribution will be lower than your total GP (character + ship).

Thanks!.

But,. . . there are some in my guild whose territory point contributions are higher than their galactic power. I don't understand how that happened. . .
  • Fanatic
    415 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Thanks!.

But,. . . there are some in my guild whose territory point contributions are higher than their galactic power. I don't understand how that happened. . .

Each mission is worth 291k TP if you clear all six waves, or just under 600k if you complete both. If their ship contribution to their total galactic is lower than 600k, then their character contribution + 600k will be greater then their total galactic power.
  • Formerly_Randy
    333 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options

Is this a glitch?

Nope. Given how many points you can potentially gain from combat missions, you can achieve a higher number. Remember, the total GP includes ships which aren't used in phase 1. Any characters you give to platoons will be factored differently as well. If you want to achieve a higher number, use weak characters as much as possible in platoons while using your best teams for Combat missions.

Were you able to contribute at all for the platoons?

Edit: Also, what everyone else said. ;)
  • Options

Is this a glitch?

Thanks!.

combat missions award more TP than just the total GP of the squad used
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Is anyone aware of a breakdown of the points needed for each star level in the territories? Would be nice if there was a breakdown of it to judge how far to push.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1cV726f6JvcBUE_Y1owhRv5-01LizzHXvuXS8m9GROoU/edit#gid=0
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options

Phase I is faster...other phases take more planning and time.
  • Options
    Engels wrote: »
    totoarial wants you to dump all your toons into deployment. and then you cant do any of the missions. my brother did that and now he cant do more.

you have to stop listening to the game..

I don't understand the problem. When you put all your toons into deployment they are available for use in that territory. You can use deployed toons in combat missions or platoons, whatever you want. It's not a waste putting all your toons in the only territory in phase 1 - it's the best course of action.

It's in Phase 2 that you have to start worrying about where to deploy your toons because you have to divide them over two territories.
  • Options
    Here is a quick FAQ I threw together for my guild to answer a lot of the basic questions. For those who have followed the forums none of this is likely new or surprising, for those who haven't this should provide a nice easy list of things to help you understand how it all works.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/12IPo1hrczPynu9RN4q2Xq6iR6dbcg26c-OC-4LuqbTI/edit