Fleet Store 2.0 is a terrible dissapointment

Replies

• Options
    The new fleet store is awful. Only long term players with full rosters will think gear in the shard shop is a great idea. Shard shop currency takes so long to come by compared to fleet. Plus the frequency gear appears is poor. Stun cuffs, guns etc would pop up multiple times a day in fleet, whereas now, you're lucky if they appear once a day in the shard shop!
    Some people will disagree and argue that that the new shard shop is great but I think we should at least get a choice of shops to buy gear in. No point in improving one then ruining another
  • Options
    The new fleet store is awful. Only long term players with full rosters will think gear in the shard shop is a great idea. Shard shop currency takes so long to come by compared to fleet. Plus the frequency gear appears is poor. Stun cuffs, guns etc would pop up multiple times a day in fleet, whereas now, you're lucky if they appear once a day in the shard shop!
    Some people will disagree and argue that that the new shard shop is great but I think we should at least get a choice of shops to buy gear in. No point in improving one then ruining another

This is precisely the point here
  • Options
    +1
    for 4-5 refreshes so far i didn't see cuff or gun so i would like to hear those it is good for me people when they are at bad side of RNG for few days. I have 1500 shard tokens and couldn't spend a single token so far even i am willng to spend.

• Options
    Correct me if I am wrong
    Before changes we got 3 slots for gear in Shard Shop - now we got 6 - so they added 3 new.
    How many gear slots we got in Fleet shipments? 6 or even more?
    So they reduced gear slots - how can this be better for gear crunch?
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    @JacenRoe
    "Regardless, that's a different store. Improving one is not a good reason to ruin another."

Completely agree with you on this mate.

Read my thread titled Justice. I was issues a Zero Point Warning by Moderator for posting on my own post about so-called WAI g11-12 Flashlights which are just weirdly unuseable for other gears once crafted. So now I defer to your sensibilities. Justice. Thoughts?

Rule #1 about forum moderation : don't talk about forum moderation. You're welcome. ;)

hey no discussing forum moderation
  • UkBlackMamba83
    11 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Oorun wrote: »
    +1
    for 4-5 refreshes so far i didn't see cuff or gun so i would like to hear those it is good for me people when they are at bad side of RNG for few days. I have 1500 shard tokens and couldn't spend a single token so far even i am willng to spend.

For those 1500 shard tokens, you won't even get enough for a full cuff or gun either! Just think how long you have saved those for! The grind for gear has become worse....
    I finish regularly top 5 in fleet so I used to pick up 15-20 cuffs or guns on a daily basis from the fleet store. This change seems to favour the whales. Who else wants to burn through 120 energy for 2 or 3 cuffs???
  • Options
    This new fleet shop is AWESOME !
    Finally mates will STOP buy gear in this store and concentrate on ships/toon and Zeta.
  • Asic
    1146 posts Member
    Options
    You lost me at "my favorite game mode TB". This rant makes no logical sense.
  • Options
    pargame wrote: »
    Correct me if I am wrong
    Before changes we got 3 slots for gear in Shard Shop - now we got 6 - so they added 3 new.

Because the gear is far cheaper now. You can get 6 guns/carbs for 186 shard currency. That’s like 7 shards to exchange. No question in my mind that this is a positive development in gear acquisition.
  • Options
    BrtStlnd wrote: »
    Correct me if I am wrong

Because the gear is far cheaper now. You can get 6 guns/carbs for 186 shard currency. That’s like 7 shards to exchange. No question in my mind that this is a positive development in gear acquisition.

How do you work out your calculations??? I still only receive 15 credits per character shard traded in. I need to trade in13 shards to buy one piece of gear for 186
  • Options
    Oorun wrote: »
    +1

For those 1500 shard tokens, you won't even get enough for a full cuff or gun either! Just think how long you have saved those for! The grind for gear has become worse....
    I finish regularly top 5 in fleet so I used to pick up 15-20 cuffs or guns on a daily basis from the fleet store. This change seems to favour the whales. Who else wants to burn through 120 energy for 2 or 3 cuffs???

You're doing it wrong if you need to "farm" shards for the shop. Once you have a deep enough roster, shard shop currency is practically free. There is a constant stream of shards from completed characters coming in daily - from raids, GW, bronzium pulls, events, etc. If you need you certainly can cash in guild store or GW store currency to pick up more, but honestly, it's almost unnecessary.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    For those saying devs 'took away my purchasing choices', 'why add shard shop gear, and take away fleet shop gear', it's just the wrong way to look at it. You simply can't look at these changes in isolation from each other. This is a game economy change. Devs can't just flood the market with gear by having gear available everywhere; no one in their good sense should do that, especially when everyone knows gating is an important part of this game. But maybe you're of the opinion, everyone should have max 7* toons, all Max geared, all maxed leveled, Max modded without spending a dime. Probably you're opinion is forget everyone else, I want only what's best for me, and everyone else can go to kitten! Because if what's best for the game, is not best for me, then it's not really best for the game.
    what an ugly thing to say... does this mean we're not friends anymore?
  • Options
    BrtStlnd wrote: »
    Correct me if I am wrong

How do you work out your calculations??? I still only receive 15 credits per character shard traded in. I need to trade in13 shards to buy one piece of gear for 186

I misspoke... it’s about 12 shards for 6 carbs/guns. With all the guild currency/gw/cantina/arena tokens we get it’s easier to exchange for gear than just waiting for the once a day fleet currency.
  • Options
    One other thing.

"... gear pieces have been removed from Fleet Arena Store. Additional character shards, as well as other materials, will be added to Fleet Arena Store in subsequent updates."

Additional character shards
    The fleet arena store 2.0 is not final. There will be more product offered there, particularly more character shards... And...

Other Materials
    A big unknown called Other Material.

For those upset at fleet arena store, maybe you can suspend judgment until all the shop changes are final and visible.
  • Options
    Hopefully the devs decide on some form of middle ground which doesn't favour long term players over us newer guys. Until then, zetas it is...
  • Options

Other Materials

For those upset at fleet arena store, maybe you can suspend judgment until all the shop changes are final and visible. [/quote]

August 2018
  • Options
    One other thing.

"... gear pieces have been removed from Fleet Arena Store. Additional character shards, as well as other materials, will be added to Fleet Arena Store in subsequent updates."

The fleet arena store 2.0 is not final. There will be more product offered there, particularly more character shards... And...

Other Materials

For those upset at fleet arena store, maybe you can suspend judgment until all the shop changes are final and visible.

Probably ship omegas but I wish it was ship hardware.
  • Options
    One other thing.

Other Materials

I think ship hardware!
  • Options
    One other thing.

Other Materials

I think ship hardware!

I was thinking about same. but isn't it become even worse then?
    I mean you should upgrade your ships to have tokens to upgrade your ships...
  • Options
    If I remember correctly, the fleet store had 6 gear slots. They basically took away 3 gear slots when they took away the fleet store and only added 3 to the shard shop (because the shard shop already had 3 slots anyways). I'm all for the new change, I've already been able to get a lot more gear. But it would be nice if they added a few more gear slots into the shard store. At least 3 to replace the 3 we lost.
  • Options
    I can't believe anyone ever bought gear from Fleet shop or that anyone has "all the zetas I need". We must be playing different games.
  • Options
    Fleet shipment is better than the current shard shop prices but since I've been playing since Dec 2015, it hasn't affected me too much as I was stockpiling shard currency for the next new unit. I'm annoyed by the change but that gives me a chance to get all my ships to 6*.
  • Options
    Taking an option away to farm gear is never good. The shard store has more useless gear and I have yet to see stun guns appear in the shard store. For me, farming 5 stun guns out of the fleet shipments for 600 tokens was much better than spending 2 energy refreshes to get the same number of guns.

• Allenb60
    2171 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    If new characters don't get released in the shard shop anymore then I think the old system was better overall but I don't know if there has been any answer to that yet
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/134769/now-that-the-shard-shop-is-revamped
  • Options
    Dryff wrote: »
    You know that you can still buy stun cuffs and guns with fleet tokens, right? It may be in a roundabout way, but it's what...11 character shards for 6 cuffs/guns, so the exchange rate is worse, but not by much...

Its basically half. I'd consider that much worse. Also they need more slots in the shard shop. I've refreshed several times and it is usually challenge garbage.
  • Options
    skywhopper wrote: »
    I can't believe anyone ever bought gear from Fleet shop or that anyone has "all the zetas I need". We must be playing different games.

Zetas do no good on G8 characters. Fleet was a good, reliable way to gear someone fast. It was an opportunity cost, sure, but it was a valid choice.

What I don't get is the people arguing with the request to restore the option we previously had. Do you just hate your fellow players THAT much? It costs you nothing to support the request.
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    Options
    For me zetas are too valuable to spend fleet currency on gear, and since all my dark side characters got zetas I am very far behind with light side zetas. I avoid even farming ships I want that show up in the galactic war store, even if they are low common ones in there.

I feel that the shard shop changes is an excellent decision to help alleviate the gear grind somewhat. The prices in there are pretty good, and there are no characters in line as of right now that I want that will be showing up there if they do keep that cadence flowing. The prices for the character shards that were in there before were too expensive unless it was for a very rare character that can't be easily farmed, or Vader's ship. The gear in there previously was not a good value either.
  • Options
    To the OP: you’re in a rare circumstance to have so much fleet currency hoarded. The general idea is to buy zetas with it, not gear. It’s selfish to want something just for yourself and not the greater good.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    Bossk_Hogg wrote: »

What I don't get is the people arguing with the request to restore the option we previously had. Do you just hate your fellow players THAT much? It costs you nothing to support the request.

That assumes that having the gear in both places is an option the devs are even willing to consider. I'd be more willing to bet it isn't, and that if all the people complaining successfully get them to change the fleet store back, it will also result in them changing the shard store back.
This discussion has been closed.