Fleet Store 2.0 is a terrible dissapointment

Prev13456711
I hate the change to the Fleet Store. I can't even enjoy the rest of the update. And this update was full of good... no this update was full of great changes. I love the improvements to my favorite game mode (Territory Battles), I'm looking forward to BB8, and the Shard Store is definitely better (as long as they don't stop putting new character shards in there as the get released).

But I can't be upbeat about any of it. I hate the changes to the Fleet Store so much. That was my favorite source of cuffs, and guns. I have almost all the rare ships I need, more Zetas than I need, and 30k Fleet currency saved. Fleet currency is piling up, so I was finally at a point where I had a surplus, and was really starting to make a dent in my gearing projects. Taking that away was very upsetting. I don't know why this was taken away.

Why did the Fleet Store get gutted? Was I getting too much gear? This was a horrible idea. I look forward to additional characters and ships being added. But I hate, absolutely HATE having the opportunity to choose gear instead taken from me. Not rage quitting, or threatening. But respectfully, my feedback on this change is I hate it.

This is a different topic from the other store everyone is so happy about, and is just as relevant a topic for the front page, so hopefully it doesn't disappear. If you're upset about losing gear in the Fleet Store let me know.

Replies

• Options
    You know that you can still buy stun cuffs and guns with fleet tokens, right? It may be in a roundabout way, but it's what...11 character shards for 6 cuffs/guns, so the exchange rate is worse, but not by much...
  • Options
    Yeah. Just cash in those shards.
  • Options
    Dryff wrote: »
    You know that you can still buy stun cuffs and guns with fleet tokens, right? It may be in a roundabout way, but it's what...11 character shards for 6 cuffs/guns, so the exchange rate is worse, but not by much...

I had 3-4 slots where cuffs, or guns could pop up in Fleet. They were available very often. That's not the case anymore.
  • Options
    You are probably in a rare position where getting gear makes sense. Maybe it's partially their fault for not releasing more ships. But my guess is they looked at the stats and saw that not many were actually getting gear from there. For most people, fleet currency is too valuable. Notice that they removed the two shards of characters from shard shop..probably because hardly any people were getting them.
  • Options
    To make the gear grind more difficult obviously. They want you to spend.
  • Options
    JacenRoe wrote: »

I had 3-4 slots where cuffs, or guns could pop up in Fleet. They were available very often. That's not the case anymore.

You must've had bad RNG...the store resets every 6 hours now (instead of 24) so they are in there, and so far by my experience, just as often as they showed up in fleet (for me anyway...)
  • Options
    crzydroid wrote: »
    You are probably in a rare position where getting gear makes sense. Maybe it's partially their fault for not releasing more ships. But my guess is they looked at the stats and saw that not many were actually getting gear from there. For most people, fleet currency is too valuable. Notice that they removed the two shards of characters from shard shop..probably because hardly any people were getting them.

I have listened to multiple podcast hearing others talk about buying gear there as well. I've seen multiple threads like this disappear before I could add a comment. I wasn't the only one.

Also my wife started an account recently. She has Zetas from the challenge piling up because she can't gear character fast enough to have anywhere to put them. Buying cuffs/guns every day was helping her catch up. It was anyhow.
  • Options
    Eh - I hated spending fleet tokens on anything but zetas. Not sure why you think this is a disaster with the shard shop rework.
  • Options
    @JacenRoe I hear you, because I bought gear from the fleet store too, but I only have 4 zetas and 5-6* ships because of it...the fleet store was the ONLY extra place to get that stuff. Now that the shard shop has them, it gives players more flexibility to decide WHERE they will fall behind for this gear instead of having it be strictly ships OR gear (not both).

P.S. As I was writing this...the shard shop refreshed and there's cuffs there. :#
  • Options

You must've had bad RNG...the store resets every 6 hours now (instead of 24) so they are in there, and so far by my experience, just as often as they showed up in fleet (for me anyway...)

What store are you referring too? This is a thread about the fleet store. There is another store that I heard recently had gear added. Ive got other currency to use for that store. Also I've only had cuffs pop up in one slot in that store, and I've seen 4-5 other pieces pop up in that same slot. There may be more than that. So that's a drastic decrease from having I believe 4 possible slots popping up multiple times per day in Fleet. I've bought 30 cuffs in a day out of fleet before.

Regardless, that's a different store. Improving one is not a good reason to ruin another.
  • Options

What store are you referring too? This is a thread about the fleet store. There is another store that I heard recently had gear added. Ive got other currency to use for that store. Also I've only had cuffs pop up in one slot in that store, and I've seen 4-5 other pieces pop up in that same slot. There may be more than that. So that's a drastic decrease from having I believe 4 possible slots popping up multiple times per day in Fleet. I've bought 30 cuffs in a day out of fleet before.

Regardless, that's a different store. Improving one is not a good reason to ruin another.

It's a tradeoff. They expect you to use excess fleet tokens to obtain shards to spend in shard shop. It's all worth it in my opinion.
  • Options
    Eh - I hated spending fleet tokens on anything but zetas. Not sure why you think this is a disaster with the shard shop rework.

Nobody was making you do that. Why is taking my choice away ok because it was different than your choice? And the other Shop is a different subject. As I said above, it's not nearly as available, and improving one store doesn't justify ruining another.
  • Options
    ExarTheKun wrote: »

It's a tradeoff. They expect you to use excess fleet tokens to obtain shards to spend in shard shop. It's all worth it in my opinion.

I have other currency to use for the shards store. That is a different store, and has nothing to do with fleet. Also the tradeoff was removed. I had a tradeoff between Zetas, shards, blueprints, or gear. I had the choice to pick whichever I needed. That choice is gone now. Also I've only seen cuffs once in 2 days in that other store. With only one slot and 5-6 items in that slot then 6 cuffs every day and a half seems about average RNG from that store. I was getting 10-20 a day from fleet when I chose to pursue them.
  • Options
    You're never going to convince the boot lickers that removing choice is a bad thing, man. Everyone is trying to convince you why you're wrong, instead of recognizing that not changing the fleet store has absolutely no effect on them at all, they're totally brainwashed dude.
  • Options

I'm with you. The only time that I ever spent fleet currency on gear is if I only needed a few more to get to 50. Same with guild store.
  • Options
    I actually like it better this way. I like not being tempted to spend my fleet tokens on gear, and the shard shop being focused on gear. As others pointed out, if you but shards, you can still get gear with it. If the majority of people like it better this way, why should the devs cater to just you and maybe a handful of others?
  • Options
    Why is taking my choice away ok because it was different than your choice? And the other Shop is a different subject. As I said above, it's not nearly as available, and improving one store doesn't justify ruining another.

1.) If you put out an opinion and don't want any disagreement, don't put out an opinion.
    2.) Why were you buying gear in the fleet store at the expense of character shards or zetas? I checked to see when you joined the forum and it was Feb. 2016. You're a long-time player, and this change benefits you because of all the ways you can get **** currency and you should have plenty of 7*s.
  • Options
    I don't know what the heck was censored. Lighten up, EA/CG.
  • Options
    ponce104 wrote: »
    I actually like it better this way. I like not being tempted to spend my fleet tokens on gear, and the shard shop being focused on gear. As others pointed out, if you but shards, you can still get gear with it. If the majority of people like it better this way, why should the devs cater to just you and maybe a handful of others?

So you have no self control, and that means my choice should be taken away? Who's being catered to exactly? Nobody held a gun to your head forcing you to buy something you didn't want. Also do you have data to back up your claim that it's a handful? And as I pointed out, I can get gear 3-4 times slower out of the other store, and I have other currency to buy it with there. But that's totally irrelevant to the point that I hate the change to THIS store. Its is not an either/or proposition. We can have both. I'm not petitioning to get the other store reverted. I just hate the way the Fleet store was gutted.
  • Options
    Why is taking my choice away ok because it was different than your choice? And the other Shop is a different subject. As I said above, it's not nearly as available, and improving one store doesn't justify ruining another.

1.) If you put out an opinion and don't want any disagreement, don't put out an opinion.
    2.) Why were you buying gear in the fleet store at the expense of character shards or zetas? I checked to see when you joined the forum and it was Feb. 2016. You're a long-time player, and this change benefits you because of all the ways you can get **** currency and you should have plenty of 7*s.

I have no problem with a different opinion. But his opinion isn't valid just because he has it. I don't get why it has to be either/or. I like gear in the Fleet store he doesn't. Well he doesn't have to buy it if he doesn't want to. But I can't either if I want it. Why can't I buy gear out of fleet if that's my preferred spot? And he can buy it elsewhere if that's his. His opinion was, 'I don't want it, so you can't have it.' That not a good reason. Nobody has given me a good reason why yet.

And I actually started December of 2015. I have most of the toons, and rare ships I want out of fleet. I have 115 Zetas just sitting there. I need gear so I can have somewhere to put them. And yes I have tons of that other currency. I acquire it drastically faster than gear will ever pop up in that other shop. The changes to that Shop are nice. But a totally separate issue, and mathematically not a substitute for what was taken away.
  • BarrissOffee
    45 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    ponce104 wrote: »

Ha I know what you mean, my zeta farming was slacking because it was just too darn easy to spend fleet credits on gear instead. They still probably should have left the fleet store alone for people with no shard credits (or a reliable way to earn them), though.
  • Darth_cowboy
    1139 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    I don't know what the heck was censored. Lighten up, EA/CG.

Maybe you put a It on the end of shop instead of the op
  • Options

I have no problem with a different opinion. But his opinion isn't valid just because he has it. I don't get why it has to be either/or. I like gear in the Fleet store he doesn't. Well he doesn't have to buy it if he doesn't want to. But I can't either if I want it. Why can't I buy gear out of fleet if that's my preferred spot? And he can buy it elsewhere if that's his. His opinion was, 'I don't want it, so you can't have it.' That not a good reason. Nobody has given me a good reason why yet.

And I actually started December of 2015. I have most of the toons, and rare ships I want out of fleet. I have 115 Zetas just sitting there. I need gear so I can have somewhere to put them. And yes I have tons of that other currency. I acquire it drastically faster than gear will ever pop up in that other shop. The changes to that Shop are nice. But a totally separate issue, and mathematically not a substitute for what was taken away.

Curious - but what toons do you have zetas on?
  • Vos_Landeck
    1666 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options

Sounds like this is a personal issue rather a game-wide structural issue. They can't make everyone happy. There is a certain gating when it comes to gearing toons....they aren't going to just flood all the stores with gear. So, yeah, changing one store impacted the other in this case.
  • Options
    There is no universally-accepted "good reason". Either you like this change or you don't. You were given a number of reasons that, to me, made sense in the big merged thread. But hey didn't make sense to you, that's fine.

Why on earth do you have 115 zetas sitting there doing nothing? Use them! This ain't Star Wars Galaxy of Horders. I've been playing since Dec. 2015 and have 9 zetas (almost 10) on characters that were geared up just fine. Also F2P.

Now I'm even more confused - you want more gear for your zetas but you used to have an additional way to get that gear - you never took advantage of it.

• John_Anacall
    43 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    I'm with you! I hate the change, I've never been so "mad" about something in a mobile game.
    From now on, it'll be much harder to get stun guns and cuffs to me. At the moment I have around 2k tokens from shard shop, but I know it won't last.
    Since this update, I got 2800 fleet tokens, while shard shop tokens I'm pretty sure I didn't get enough for the cuffs I bought today.

Edit: And I can't understand why some people are glad it happened, why giving you less choices be a good thing?
  • Options
    There is no universally-accepted "good reason". Either you like this change or you don't. You were given a number of reasons that, to me, made sense in the big merged thread. But hey didn't make sense to you, that's fine.

Why on earth do you have 115 zetas sitting there doing nothing? Use them! This ain't Star Wars Galaxy of Horders. I've been playing since Dec. 2015 and have 9 zetas (almost 10) on characters that were geared up just fine. Also F2P.

Now I'm even more confused - you want more gear for your zetas but you used to have an additional way to get that gear - you never took advantage of it.

Can you point to some of the good reasons why gear had to be removed from fleet store? I mean, keeping it in or taking it out, by your own admission, literally has no effect on you whatsoever. Like, absolutely none.

So, I'm confused why you seem so bent on convincing people that have an issue with gear being taken out of the fleet store that they've been doing it all wrong and they need to drink the koolaid that CGs been pouring.
  • Options
    Oh good, another thread complaining about cheaper and more easily obtainable gear.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Ig88isboss wrote: »
    To make the gear grind more difficult obviously. They want you to spend.

There's really no other reason for it and there's no way anyone can say other wise or that getting gear on shard shop is a better route
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Oh good, another thread complaining about cheaper and more easily obtainable gear.

Did you read the OP before you posted? Or was it too hard to read from that high horse?

Go ahead, say it, removing gear from the fleet store was a brilliant amazing idea because having no gear in the fleet store is obviously better than a really good selection of gear in the fleet store.
This discussion has been closed.