The whole Nightsister thing

Replies

• Metroplex79
    834 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    I'm happy for the NS. We got our original 5, plus 3 new ones and a rework. This should satisfy the NS fans for a little while.

Hopefully, FO is next. They got their original 5, time to increase that army. Resistance got an early boost with BB8. I'm predicting another 4 for Resistance and 5 for FO between NOV and JAN.

As much as I want new Separatists, they already have 10. It wouldn't take much to add another 5 at a later date.
    When you're accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.

Started mid-FEB 2017, and not trying to reach the top.
  • 1Darth_Maul_Dad
    6 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    I didn't read all of the comments. Seems like the comments were, I like it, I not.
    I want to know if Darth Maul and Savage are going to work with Mother Talzin?
    I don't know all the in and outs of the game. There is so much to learn to this game.
    Any help would be greatfull.
  • Options
    I didn't read all of the comments. Seems like the comments were, I like it, I not.
    I don't know all the in and outs of the game. There is so much to learn to this game.

Characters in this game represent the character at a specific point in the franchise. So, for example, Stormtrooper Han is Han Solo during the freeing of Princess Leia in New Hope, which is why his abilities are totally different from Veyeran Smuggler Han from Force Awakens.

The Darth Maul in the game right now is the Maul from Phantom Menace, not from Clone Wars. I don’t know anything about Savage, sorry, so maybe? Anyway, they could eventually make a second Darth Maul to represent the Clone Wars version.

Long story short—not yet, maybe eventually.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options

I doubt savage and maul will work with talzin. They weren’t nightsisters, they were men of the same species, and even though they did have guidance from talzin it was after the nightsisters died. It’s a nice thought but I doubt they will work with talzin.
    Ally code: 357613281
    swgoh.gg: https://swgoh.gg/u/lordterminus/
  • Options
    No, I mean, Talzin only created them both, had full control over them, remade Mauls legs, they were supposed to be her pawns in the universe.. but, that's all. No synergy needed.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Options
    Thank you guy's for taking the time to answer my question. That killed off a Mother Talzin, Maul and Savage.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options
    NicWester wrote: »

Characters in this game represent the character at a specific point in the franchise. So, for example, Stormtrooper Han is Han Solo during the freeing of Princess Leia in New Hope, which is why his abilities are totally different from Veyeran Smuggler Han from Force Awakens.

The Darth Maul in the game right now is the Maul from Phantom Menace, not from Clone Wars. I don’t know anything about Savage, sorry, so maybe? Anyway, they could eventually make a second Darth Maul to represent the Clone Wars version.

Long story short—not yet, maybe eventually.

Isn't he just known as Maul - only others refer to him as "Darth" and he makes that point himself in Rebels.

I think he hoped to reclaim his Darth Title and take the PLace of Sidious as Dark Lord of the Sith - Sith Master, with Savage. But they failed.

So it would make sense that any new version of Maul would be just "Maul" at least this way the game can make the name of the different versions different as well.
  • Loose_Lee
    2733 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    No... as far as naming the new maul... it not confusing enough to just remove the darth and call him maul...

Since this new version is (well if he is the new hero that is) from the "rebels" show i think that to keep it consistent he should be
    Rebel Maul

Yeah... thats more like it... and no sith synergy, or empire or rebel... just a dark side tag and some wicked skillz https://youtu.be/XsiiIa6bs9I

Rebel Maul should definitely have nunchucks, a bow and droid hacking as skillz... 4shizzle.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options
    Maybe a new Maul will have the highly awaited synergy with Savage. Maybe some synergy with Ezra too.
  • Options
    what's the point of building any other team other than nightsisters and how some ppl are using them annoys me, playerswho have been on itfor ages and spent hundreds in getting commander luke skywalker and various other expensive teams whilstyou can easily farm anightsister clan and destroy anyone, that plague buff is menacing tho plus I don't have any healers on my team and its full first order. so when the last jedi comes out and there might be a new releaseof charactes snoke ore someone else betterbe a good healer otherwise I might quit
  • Options
    what's the point of building any other team other than nightsisters and how some ppl are using them annoys me, playerswho have been on itfor ages and spent hundreds in getting commander luke skywalker and various other expensive teams whilstyou can easily farm anightsister clan and destroy anyone, that plague buff is menacing tho plus I don't have any healers on my team and its full first order. so when the last jedi comes out and there might be a new releaseof charactes snoke ore someone else betterbe a good healer otherwise I might quit

Or you could play more than one team.
  • Options
    First off... whats easy about farming mother talzin? She is the key component of nightsister teams... and at 10 shards per month it'll be years b4 i 7* her unless something gives?

@Firstorder_Fan2187 how well would rebel teams fare without CLS? Not so hot... and they have like 30 heros to select from... take away talzin and nightsisters are sub-par... and nightsisters aren't gonna be new arena meta... but they will be useful.
  • Options
    Loose_Lee wrote: »
    First off... whats easy about farming mother talzin? She is the key component of nightsister teams... and at 10 shards per month it'll be years b4 i 7* her unless something gives?
    Well, to be fair, we got her for free and stars don’t matter unless we’re talking about raids or territory battles.

Gear and mods are infinitely more important than stars.
  • Options

@Firstorder_Fan2187 how well would rebel teams fare without CLS? Not so hot... and they have like 30 heros to select from... take away talzin and nightsisters are sub-par... and nightsisters aren't gonna be new arena meta... but they will be useful.

• Options
    y butin time you willhave a full nighsister team and the only thing that cn beat u ismaybe rebels but most likely nightsister. in a halevent battle, a year o something nightsisters will be dominet but I've only seenand played with them in that event battle, but I would like to see them against darthnihilus and emperor paltipine
  • Options
    I'm happy for the NS. We got our original 5, plus 3 new ones and a rework. This should satisfy the NS fans for a little while.

Hopefully, FO is next. They got their original 5, time to increase that army. Resistance got an early boost with BB8. I'm predicting another 4 for Resistance and 5 for FO between NOV and JAN.

As much as I want new Separatists, they already have 10. It wouldn't take much to add another 5 at a later date.

Personally with the new NS addition I would like snoke asa new addition and maybe big healer?i woulddefo like him to get rid ofthat plaque ability
  • Chewplebcca
    774 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options

Nightsisters used dark magick to turn their dead into fighters, and preserve their spirits so they could still communicate with the living. CANON.

It's kinda' weird how nobody had a problem having Old Daka in this game the whole time, but suddenly get miffed about the zombie, which is basically a direct compliment to her character and are featured in her episode.

It's like " omg Star Wars has zombies now how dumb" even though Daka has been here raising the dead for awhile now already lol, not to mention its canon.
  • Options

Nightsisters used dark magick to turn their dead into fighters, and preserve their spirits so they could still communicate with the living. CANON.

It's kinda' weird how nobody had a problem having Old Daka in this game the whole time, but suddenly get miffed about the zombie, which is basically a direct compliment to her character and are featured in her episode.

It's like " omg Star Wars has zombies now how dumb" even though Daka has been here raising the dead for awhile now already lol, not to mention its canon.

That or they never played Old Republic. Visit scenic Taris.
  • Options

Are you referring to these?
    latest?cb=20140324140459
  • Options

Are you referring to these?
    latest?cb=20140324140459

Ugh... I hated those things. There were always just so many of them...
  • Options
    No, I mean, Talzin only created them both, had full control over them, remade Mauls legs, they were supposed to be her pawns in the universe.. but, that's all. No synergy needed.

Maul wasn't blind though and doesn't carry a stick - just a wimpy LS - so there's your answer on why no synergy.
  • Options
    @NicWester & @Firstorder_Fan2187 as it stands talzin is more essential to nightsister team than cls is to rebels... and at 10 shards per month it will take 21 months to 7* her (f2p)... as far as saying you got talzin unlocked for free... the same could be said for cls to the extent of you getting free farmboy luke shards as the monthly login hero... or old ben (those shards are about equal to amount of talzin you could have got as f2p). And the usefulness of nightsisters will really be in DS TB where 2-4* heros are worth about as much as a blind mans critique of a fashion show.

The point I'm getting at is that nightsisters will be a long grind to farm up to 7* and your next shot at cls will probably happen before that.

Now to add on another twist... lightsaber rey (or whatever shes gonna be named) needing veteran chewy/han at 7* presents a bigger issue than either cls or nightsisters as the only way to get her will be through a paywall. And this alienates players who had a good shot at getting cls from recreating similar circumstances.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    as it stands talzin is more essential to nightsister team than cls is to rebels... and at 10 shards per month it will take 21 months to 7* her (f2p)... as far as saying you got talzin unlocked for free... the same could be said for cls to the extent of you getting free farmboy luke shards as the monthly login hero... or old ben (those shards are about equal to amount of talzin you could have got as f2p). And the usefulness of nightsisters will really be in DS TB where 2-4* heros are worth about as much as a blind mans critique of a fashion show.

The point I'm getting at is that nightsisters will be a long grind to farm up to 7* and your next shot at cls will probably happen before that.
    And the point I'm trying to make is that *takes a deep breath* stars don't matter. Geez. How many times does it have to be said? Gear and mods matter. Zetas and omegas matter. Levels matter because they're the cap on gear levels 1-11. Stars don't matter.

Territory Battles? When was the last time Wicket or the Veteran Smugglers were necessary for Territory Battles? How about Hermit Yoda? Luke, Leia, and Captain Han have special missions, but aren't necessary for Platoons or Combat Missions. The point is that CG has something in place to prevent characters like Talzin from being roadblocks.

If you're worried about Combat Missions or a Night Sister-only Special Mission, then don't. Special Missions are tuned for the squad that requires them, so just farm up the original Night Sisters and win without breaking a sweat. Combat Missions increase in difficulty as the phases progress, but they're still easily do-able with existing characters. I can nearly finish the Phoenix Squad p6 Combat Mission and my characters don't even have mods. Not "don't have arena mods" but don't have mods at all--I took them off once I got Thrawn, needed them for Wicket.

Finally, even if the absolute worst-case scenario you seem to worry about comes to pass and Mother Talzin is in platoons and is necessary for p6 missions... Eh. So what? So you don't finish that stuff. Who cares? If you finished it, would your significant other love you more? If you did the p6 Special Mission that requires Mother Talzin and the Zombie and Spirit which gives you shards of Darth Barris, the hottest new meta character that eats Arena opponents squads and then transfers 25 cents from their iTunes account to yours, would your parents call you and tell you that you were always a good kid and they're proud of you? Is a 7* Talzin going to get added to your resume next time you interview for a job?

Who cares? It's just a game. None of this matters. If you can't get something you can't get it, is all. It's not the end of the world.
    Now to add on another twist... lightsaber rey (or whatever shes gonna be named) needing veteran chewy/han at 7* presents a bigger issue than either cls or nightsisters as the only way to get her will be through a paywall. And this alienates players who had a good shot at getting cls from recreating similar circumstances.
    I'm personally super offended that they require a 9* BB8 for the event. Oh, wait, that wasn't confirmed either. Stop equivocating rumors with facts. If the Veteran Smugglers are needed, and while that's a reasonable assumption it's still just that--an assumption, but if they're needed they'll be in farmable locations before the event so quit your bellyaching.
  • Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    Options
    G12 makes stars matter.
  • Options
    Mullato wrote: »
    G12 makes stars matter.

Not really trash can.
  • Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    Options
    G12 makes stars matter.
    Nuriela wrote: »
    G12 makes stars matter.

Not really trash can.

So now you stalk my posts? Are you still upset from the other day?

Relax man, it's a new day.
  • Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    Options
    G12 makes stars matter.
    G12 makes stars matter.

Not really trash can.

So now you stalk my posts? Are you still upset from the other day?

Relax man, it's a new day.

Upset no, vindicated yes. Stalking you not a chance, is this an ns post or am I mistaken. Why are you still giving misinformation about a group (ns), when we have established you know nothing about ns, so the question is why do you hate ns so much, is it because they easily smoke your trash can team? If stars mattered so much why can nilhilus compete in arena at 5 and 6 stars. And why does a 3 star zombie smoke your gimped team?

I simply said stars do finally matter for something. They put a gate on g12 for 7* only.
  • Ral
    54 posts Member
    Options
    Need 7* for raids too...
  • Options
    G12 makes stars matter.
    Potentially, but not really for the characters in question. Maybe Wicket, but since he gets two turns pretty often, maybe not. These event farm characters seem to be pretty buckwild as they are, and g11 will make them plenty fine. G12 is gravy on top.

If we were talking your average everyday character like Deathtrooper or Baze or whatever, even if they're a hard farm, then you'd be right. But I don't think g12 is going to make as much of an impact over g11 as simply having them on your roster at g11 would.
    Ral wrote: »
    Need 7* for raids too...
    There are plenty of teams out there right now that can solo the heroic raids from start to finish. If Nightsisters is literally the only team you have you're on the outside looking in there, but I strongly doubt that.
  • Options
    G12 makes stars matter.
    Potentially, but not really for the characters in question. Maybe Wicket, but since he gets two turns pretty often, maybe not. These event farm characters seem to be pretty buckwild as they are, and g11 will make them plenty fine. G12 is gravy on top.

If we were talking your average everyday character like Deathtrooper or Baze or whatever, even if they're a hard farm, then you'd be right. But I don't think g12 is going to make as much of an impact over g11 as simply having them on your roster at g11 would.
    Ral wrote: »
    Need 7* for raids too...
    There are plenty of teams out there right now that can solo the heroic raids from start to finish. If Nightsisters is literally the only team you have you're on the outside looking in there, but I strongly doubt that.

Zombie would be OK in raids but MT is downright trash for the raid her plague does not do very much damage to bosses. One thing I have not tried yet is zombie in rancor, I'm wondering if the rancor ate zombie does zombie come come back? I'd he does nsa zombie would solo the whole raid.

I have run ns in all phases of both raids and they are pretty beasty in both. Asajj on phase 4 gets to a point she does 140 per basic hit.