Ghosts of Dathomir - Event Feedback

Replies

• Options
    It is okay...sort of fun but pointless. Battles were pretty easy and payout was okay outside of the zeta.

Didn't showcase either zombie or spirit so I have no additional incentives to get them.
  • Options
    I despise that the description didn't specify attempts were shared between tiers. That needs to be highlighted in game. It feels like a dirty, sneaky attempt to mislead people into only doing tier 1. I didn't notice the attempts drop to 1 on both tiers after first battle. In previous events, the attempts are not shared. And then the replay attempt is 900 crystals? Holy cow. Stop being so greedy.
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options
    Strubz wrote: »
    I despise that the description didn't specify attempts were shared between tiers. That needs to be highlighted in game. It feels like a dirty, sneaky attempt to mislead people into only doing tier 1. I didn't notice the attempts drop to 1 on both tiers after first battle. In previous events, the attempts are not shared. And then the replay attempt is 900 crystals? Holy cow. Stop being so greedy.

Previous events like heists and challenges which you do every day?
  • Options
    I assume that after the 1st few months have gone by and all packs that can be sold ,have been sold, these 3 toons will have another WAY to get shards
  • Allenb60
    2171 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options

It is a little cheap, it should have been 1 attempt each to prevent confusion but since the event returns and not everyone has the bonus tier unlocked I think they went with a one-size-fits-all kind of system
  • PremierVenoth
    2285 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Goober1_ wrote: »
    I assume that after the 1st few months have gone by and all packs that can be sold ,have been sold, these 3 toons will have another WAY to get shards
    That's just it - @CG_RyDiggs and others have been clear that these events will be the ONLY way to farm these toons, including MT and the ewok. This is why there is such an issue with the way these toons are releasing.
    edit - grammar.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Options
    DatBoi wrote: »

Which we are used to. Most bonus tiers have their own attempt counter that is not shared. I'm saying it's not consistent and should have been highlighted in game and not just in the forum event description. Advanced tactics which is running right now as well doesn't share attempts. These inconsistencies or special rules should be noted in game in the description. No where in details does it say attempts are shared between tiers. I maintain they did this on purpose and float a zeta out there on the bonus tier so you are more likely to spend the 900 crystals. Hey it worked on me, I made the choice to do it but that doesn't mean I'm wrong in asking that shared attempts be noted in the description.
  • Options
    dreagone wrote: »
    Game Developers please take note: no shared attempts across event tiers ever again.

Thanks
    So don't do what they've done before like Credit and Training Droid Heists? Or the Daily Challenges?

What you're asking is for 2 attempts per Tier?
    When you're accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.

Started mid-FEB 2017, and not trying to reach the top.
  • Options
    That's just it - @CG_RyDiggs and others have been clear that these events will be the ONLY way to farm these toons, including MT and the ewok. This is why there is such an issue with the way these toons are releasing.
    edit - grammar.

Everything is subject to change.
    Palpatine was an " extremely rare event "
    I waited months for its 2nd time. Now it's all the time.
    Everything in game is like this. Good toons are hard to get until they are out for a while.
    Thrawn event back again in November is another example
  • Options
    Game Developers please take note: no shared attempts across event tiers ever again.

Thanks
    So don't do what they've done before like Credit and Training Droid Heists? Or the Daily Challenges?

Don't be a weenie. It's a special event, not a normal event like we are used to. We know what to expect from the other events. And even new players can't immediately access the other tiers, they build up to it and it becomes apparent the attempts are shared. That being said, even those events could use an updated description.
  • Options

Which we are used to.
    And you’ll get used to this. It’s coming back in a week and you can get the first time bonus you missed out on then.

Worst case scenario is you did T1 twice. End of the day you lost out on, like, 3 shards.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options

Which we are used to. Most bonus tiers have their own attempt counter that is not shared. I'm saying it's not consistent and should have been highlighted in game and not just in the forum event description. Advanced tactics which is running right now as well doesn't share attempts. These inconsistencies or special rules should be noted in game in the description. No where in details does it say attempts are shared between tiers. I maintain they did this on purpose and float a zeta out there on the bonus tier so you are more likely to spend the 900 crystals. Hey it worked on me, I made the choice to do it but that doesn't mean I'm wrong in asking that shared attempts be noted in the description.

You do realize that this event returns right? So you basically wasted those 900 crystals. Maybe they should have went into detail explaining this aswell?
    Anyway, simply paying attention would have made this a non-issue. Heck, even if you did tier 1 twice you're still only getting 7 shards less (probably closer to 3 shards less). Well, unless you waste another attempt or two on tier 1 again next time around. And obviously also unless you waste 900 crystals on a refresh, but then you'll get 7-10 shards extra.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    Vampire_X wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Honestly, the event was kind of a let down. It basically was the same mechanic as a challenge. No interesting cut scenes, music, etc. I liked the new background on the final stage. The rewards were fine, although I share the same sentiment regarding the concerns of length of farm for the new characters and the ridiculously high refresh cost.

There have been some good events lately - this one, not so much.

You didn’t like the “altar” ? :( it was new and fun storytelling via combat!! (Bit of small smile?) pwease! :)

Fair enough - I'll give a :) for the altar. Although, as some have mentioned, it would have been nice if the event was at least challenging enough for me to have seen the rez ability. Heck, none of the NS even got a turn.

But, as I said, previous events were done much better. Perhaps my expectations we a little high considering the way the event was hyped. A cut scene or some different background music (ala Thrawn event) would have been fun. For a "special event" it wasn't all that special. The idea was good - the execution less so.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Metroplex79
    835 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options

Thanks

Don't be a weenie. It's a special event, not a normal event like we are used to. We know what to expect from the other events. And even new players can't immediately access the other tiers, they build up to it and it becomes apparent the attempts are shared. That being said, even those events could use an updated description.
    I believe the "Phoenix Flash" and "Ewok vs AT-ST" Events are also "special", and they did the same thing.

Can someone verify that? Or am I only remembering what I want to remember?
    When you're accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.

Started mid-FEB 2017, and not trying to reach the top.
  • Options
    NicWester wrote: »

Which we are used to.
    And you’ll get used to this. It’s coming back in a week and you can get the first time bonus you missed out on then.

Worst case scenario is you did T1 twice. End of the day you lost out on, like, 3 shards.

True. We'll get used to it. I'm not angry for myself, I know exactly what this game is. I want new players and for this game to keep growing. When things like this happen, very subtle ways to get some extra cash, it annoys me because I know it may push some players over the edge or discourage lower level players.

Again, not the end of the world, just annoying enough and could be easily solved with an updated description.
  • Options

Agreed. Which is also why the packs are such a horrible value - but that's a different (but related) issue.

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • Options
    From reading the replies, it sounds like they moved the bonus tier from level 70 to level 80 without any notification, however, I believe they may have forgotten to adjust the level 70-79 exp rewards. Which would make sense why I beat it at level 78 and got no bonus tier or no xp reward, anyone level 70-79 want to chime in to verify?
  • Strubz
    429 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options

Thanks

I believe the "Phoenix Flash" and "Ewok vs AT-ST" Events are also "special", and they did the same thing.

Can someone verify that? Or am I only remembering what I want to remember?

Attempts were NOT shared in Ewok event. There was a bug that made them shared and it was fixed.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/140019/notice-endor-event-and-raid-issue-resolved#latest
  • Options
    CG_CapGaSP wrote: »
    • Lower level players will not unlock Zombie and Spirit the first time the event is completed. Instead you will be awarded a large XP reward to help you climb through the levels faster. The level 80-85 version (which all players will eventually have access to) will unlock the new units the first time it is completed.

There is no XP reward for completing the lower level event.

Tier 1 rewards screenshot
  • Options
    Javin_Tano wrote: »
    • Lower level players will not unlock Zombie and Spirit the first time the event is completed. Instead you will be awarded a large XP reward to help you climb through the levels faster. The level 80-85 version (which all players will eventually have access to) will unlock the new units the first time it is completed.

I got 990 xp for completing tier 1 at level 70 ( was 70 before the event started). The rewards and tiers for each level have NOT been clearly explained and seem to contradict the official narrative.
  • Options
    I liked the event, only downsides were too brief, and too easy (but, when I read about the altar reviving, I was in fear that it would be difficult, so that's a plus!).

I do agree that the in-game description/basic strategies should have had a warning about the tiers, not everyone reads the forums or posts completely. I wasn't surprised, when I had read back on October 18th update "...Make sure to play the tier with the rewards that you want the most!" I took that to heart, and looked at both rewards before playing tier 1 once and then bonus once. I know, devs, you didn't mean to be unclear in game, but it's unfortunate when a fun, generous event (free useful units, zeta, omegas, etc. and it returns again in a few days) leads to criticism over unintended consequences.
  • Options
    edit - grammar.

Not true in this case. We basically have no clue where or when these toons are going anywhere else. From the dev announcements:

Nightsister Spirit and Zombie can be obtained from the Ghosts of Dathomir event. Ghosts of Dathomir is NOT a Marquee event. As such, Nightsister Spirit and Zombie will not follow the normal character release cadence. The Ghosts of Dathomir event will return at least once a month.

Nightsister Spirit and Zombie may appear in packs and Shipments eventually.
  • Options

What_Why wrote: »

I got 990 xp for completing tier 1 at level 70 ( was 70 before the event started). The rewards and tiers for each level have NOT been clearly explained and seem to contradict the official narrative.

I am level 73 and did not receive any xp.
  • Options
    I'm surprised how soon it's returning.
    Thanks devs
  • Options
    I've tried this event a few times and I can't figure out what I am supposed to do at the end. I kill everyone and then just the altar is left, so I start destroying the altar and they all revive, and I go through this about 3 times and I am defeated. What am i supposed to do with the altar? I'm so confused
  • Options
    What_Why wrote: »

For reference I am level 73 and did not receive any XP.
  • Options
    Thought the first tier was easy - bonus was not tough but the altar did take a beating and revived the sisters a few times. Was likely never in danger of losing but I thought this was fun/different.
  • Options
    I've tried this event a few times and I can't figure out what I am supposed to do at the end. I kill everyone and then just the altar is left, so I start destroying the altar and they all revive, and I go through this about 3 times and I am defeated. What am i supposed to do with the altar? I'm so confused

You have to destroy the altar. High DPS helps a lot in that regard.

• Options

The alter will eventually be destroyed. Save your most damaging attacks for the alter or add toons that can keep you alive longer to cycle through more times. It has a set amount of health and doesn't heal so after enough cycles it should be destroyed.
  • Options

Thanks

Why...now that I've gotten both my first time bonuses I'd rather be able to do the higher tier for better rewards next time 2x.

Notice devs...you don't see the people who bothered to take an extra 1/2 a second to read their screen complaining about shared attempts.

It's funny how the trolls come out when someone has a legit point to make. It's unnecessarily complicated to have shared attempts across event tiers. Point in fact, this thread wouldn't have been started if it didn't occur. When you see Tier 1 with 2 attempts, people assume 2 attempts at Tier1. It's that simple. Congrats to your **** retentiveness in realizing it was shared. You win the self righteous award!!

Nah, if I messed it up too because I couldn't be bothered to read, I'd just chuckle and pick up my tier 2 first time bonus next month and do nothing but tier 2 going forward.

What do you want them to change it so every month going forward you have to do 1 tier 1 and 1 tier 2...that way everyone can get less rewards than just doing tier 2 twice going forward because you goofed up on month 1?