Ghosts of Dathomir - Event Feedback

Replies

• NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    CG_CapGaSP wrote: »
    Hia Holotable Heroes!
    Our Event Designer @CG_CapGaSP is here with another edition of Event Feedback! This will land in General for now and eventually make a home via the Feedback section of the forums. Cheers!

Please leave any feedback for the Ghosts of Dathomir event in this thread, thanks!

Some notes:
    • There are no unit restrictions. You can bring any squad you want.
    • WINS ARE SHARED BETWEEN TIERS. It is recommended that you play each tier once to maximize your rewards.
    • This event features special mechanics and strategy. If the characters you bring are having a tough time, look at what is happening in battle and try different squad combinations to find the one that works best.
    • As always, if you find the event to be difficult, you can upgrade the power of your characters to overcome the challenge.
    • This event is indeed the only place to acquire shards for Nightsister Zombie and Spirit. It will return periodically. You can also acquire packs to accelerate your Zombie and Spirit if you want.
    • Lower level players will not unlock Zombie and Spirit the first time the event is completed. Instead you will be awarded a large XP reward to help you climb through the levels faster. The level 80-85 version (which all players will eventually have access to) will unlock the new units the first time it is completed.
    • Have fun!

This post doesn't help players that don't visit the forums regularly! This should have been made clear in the details of the even so there would be no misunderstanding. I would certainly like a chance to get that zeta material I just missed out on.
    You will. You’ll get the zeta next time. First time rewards happen whenever you complete something for the first time.
    dreagone wrote: »
    Game Developers please take note: no shared attempts across event tiers ever again.

Thanks

Why...now that I've gotten both my first time bonuses I'd rather be able to do the higher tier for better rewards next time 2x.

Notice devs...you don't see the people who bothered to take an extra 1/2 a second to read their screen complaining about shared attempts.

It's funny how the trolls come out when someone has a legit point to make. It's unnecessarily complicated to have shared attempts across event tiers. Point in fact, this thread wouldn't have been started if it didn't occur. When you see Tier 1 with 2 attempts, people assume 2 attempts at Tier1. It's that simple. Congrats to your **** retentiveness in realizing it was shared. You win the self righteous award!!
    So if you see 2, but then you only see 1 afterwards, why do you think you will get 2 chances at both?

Edit for clarity: You see 2 for T1 and 2 for T2. Finish one and then you see 1 for T1 and 1 for T2. So why do you think you get 2 chances at both?
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Gawejn
    1124 posts Member
    Options
    I was waiting for thos event few days. I hoped it is gonna be three tiers and for two days. Bigger challange. So I got a little disapointed about only two tiers and one day. Challange in bonus tier was ok. I got bored couse it was too short to play. But forum for now is full of entertanment:). So thanks at least for that. Also I would like to ask about new feature to add to game. Possibility to hide toon. I really dont want Zombie be in this game. But I cannot erase this so please consider new option. I want to womit when I look at Zombie. From the first moment I saw this thing Zombie I got the feeling it was wrong. Who had an idea to put something like this in this game? This spirit thing is also out of eveything about Star Wars.
  • Options
    Can anyone advise how to defeat the altar? I keep getting spawning.
  • Options
    Also, 660 shards to 7* both... Most likely 6 shards from doing 2x t1, assume the 900 crystals gives you two more swings and not just one(a big assumption given this) that is 99000.

I understand not wanting it to be too easy, but how big a wallet do you think most people have?
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    jbs2886 wrote: »
    Can anyone advise how to defeat the altar? I keep getting spawning.

Kill mobs, save high damage stuff for when the Altar is unprotected, unload, lather, rinse, repeat. It took me three cycles (killing mobs and beating up the Altar) to get it done. The altar will res folks on its turn, but it doesn’t gain TM until its unprotected.
  • Options
    The event was good and also the rewards.

Some kind of warning for players would be welcomed because several guild mates were **** doing the same tier twice.

The refresh cost is insane. I mean, 900 crystals for unknown nightsisters? I'd think about that for a toon like jedi Luke, not for zombie or ghost nightsister.
  • Durmir
    205 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Blizzisme wrote: »
    Also, 660 shards to 7* both... Most likely 6 shards from doing 2x t1, assume the 900 crystals gives you two more swings and not just one(a big assumption given this) that is 99000.

I understand not wanting it to be too easy, but how big a wallet do you think most people have?

Don't do too much math about this game and money, it will depress you... Remeber when mobile games were worth $2-$5? Do the math: unlocking everything with money brings you to a total well over $35,000... That's called inflation!
  • Options
    DatBoi wrote: »
    Hia Holotable Heroes!
    Our Event Designer @CG_CapGaSP is here with another edition of Event Feedback! This will land in General for now and eventually make a home via the Feedback section of the forums. Cheers!

Please leave any feedback for the Ghosts of Dathomir event in this thread, thanks!

Some notes:
    • WINS ARE SHARED BETWEEN TIERS. It is recommended that you play each tier once to maximize your rewards.
    • This event features special mechanics and strategy. If the characters you bring are having a tough time, look at what is happening in battle and try different squad combinations to find the one that works best.
    • As always, if you find the event to be difficult, you can upgrade the power of your characters to overcome the challenge.
    • This event is indeed the only place to acquire shards for Nightsister Zombie and Spirit. It will return periodically. You can also acquire packs to accelerate your Zombie and Spirit if you want.
    • Lower level players will not unlock Zombie and Spirit the first time the event is completed. Instead you will be awarded a large XP reward to help you climb through the levels faster. The level 80-85 version (which all players will eventually have access to) will unlock the new units the first time it is completed.
    • Have fun!

This post doesn't help players that don't visit the forums regularly! This should have been made clear in the details of the even so there would be no misunderstanding. I would certainly like a chance to get that zeta material I just missed out on.

Even people who dont read the forums should be able to tell the difference between a 1 and a 2
    Maybe spelled out would have been more clear
    ONE
    TWO
  • Options
    Really liked the event, I thought the gameplay was fun battling the new toons, don't know why people would auto through a new event/content even though it wasn't too difficult.

I think it would have been cool that on the last wave, have the starting 5 enemies be the 5 original nightsisters (asajj, old daka, talia, acolyte, and initiate) and then after beating them, fighting the altar, that the respawned enemies would be the spirits and zombies, and possibly mother talzin, just to kind of add a twist and make that rush to beat the altar even more intense. Maybe a second bonus tier with more rewards?...

Otherwise great event developers!
  • Options
    NicWester wrote: »
    Hia Holotable Heroes!

Some notes:
    • Have fun!

You will. You’ll get the zeta next time. First time rewards happen whenever you complete something for the first time.
    Game Developers please take note: no shared attempts across event tiers ever again.

Thanks

Why...now that I've gotten both my first time bonuses I'd rather be able to do the higher tier for better rewards next time 2x.

Notice devs...you don't see the people who bothered to take an extra 1/2 a second to read their screen complaining about shared attempts.

It's funny how the trolls come out when someone has a legit point to make. It's unnecessarily complicated to have shared attempts across event tiers. Point in fact, this thread wouldn't have been started if it didn't occur. When you see Tier 1 with 2 attempts, people assume 2 attempts at Tier1. It's that simple. Congrats to your **** retentiveness in realizing it was shared. You win the self righteous award!!
    So if you see 2, but then you only see 1 afterwards, why do you think you will get 2 chances at both?

Edit for clarity: You see 2 for T1 and 2 for T2. Finish one and then you see 1 for T1 and 1 for T2. So why do you think you get 2 chances at both?

Again, I completed my attempts hours apart and didn't pay enough attention to the attempt count. That is on me.

That doesn't explain why the dev were able to communicate the shared attempts info in multiple forms of communication but ultimately decided to leave that very critical piece of information out of the actual in game event. I don't think it is a coincidence.
  • Vampire_X
    1435 posts Moderator
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Honestly, the event was kind of a let down. It basically was the same mechanic as a challenge. No interesting cut scenes, music, etc. I liked the new background on the final stage. The rewards were fine, although I share the same sentiment regarding the concerns of length of farm for the new characters and the ridiculously high refresh cost.

There have been some good events lately - this one, not so much.

You didn’t like the “altar” ? :( it was new and fun storytelling via combat!! (Bit of small smile?) pwease! :)
    Wicked Sith Queen with the Pink Saber
  • Options
    Lol at the people who messed up their attempts,

So is that it for Halloween yeah? A zeta and 2, 2* NS characters?
  • Options
    Hia Holotable Heroes!

Some notes:
    • Have fun!

Thanks

Not noticing the count was on me.

I don't find it a coincidence that the devs were able to relay the information about the shared attempts in multiple formats but managed to leave it out of the event details tab.
  • Options
    Vampire_X wrote: »
    Honestly, the event was kind of a let down. It basically was the same mechanic as a challenge. No interesting cut scenes, music, etc. I liked the new background on the final stage. The rewards were fine, although I share the same sentiment regarding the concerns of length of farm for the new characters and the ridiculously high refresh cost.

You didn’t like the “altar” ? :( it was new and fun storytelling via combat!! (Bit of small smile?) pwease! :)

The event was good, I'll bet he liked it too, TBH. There was a little thrill to see them all come back.. and buffed.

It's just afterwards you see you have 25 shards... and you know, you just KNOW you're looking at running this event another (305 shards x 2toons = 610/7 shards=) 87 times [minimum], no sims, before you have these toons 7* to use in all the fun. It's deflating.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Options

I got that it was storytelling, but since I haven’t seen Clone Wars I’m not familiar with the story being told.

Endor Escalation is a good example of storyteling in a fight where it doesn’t matter if you’ve seen RotJ—murderbears fighting off an invasion, got it. This... No idea what the lore was. Laughed when Daka started speaking gibberish, too.

Good event, though! It’s different and interesting. I’m not totally clear on rewards for repeat clears, but I hope you get shards for both. If it’s randomized and you only get shards for one, it’s going to take forever to tank them up. I don’t mind a long farm for Wicket and Talzin, but one event for two randomized long farms is too much.
  • Options
    Well I actually liked the event. It was fun to have a Halloween theme and it was open to any squad you cared to run. Me, I did FO on tier 1 which crushed, and then did Bonus with R1 (Kassian and Bistao) on the Bonus -- sisters revived 3 times, which was a fun twist.

Keep grinding if your squad struggled! You can overcome.

My 2¢ on the shared attempts: everyone who complains about this says "I did not pay attention ..." That is unfortunate. However, it would be appreciated game design to make this feature abundantly clear.

There do seem to be some bugs with tiers showing up; as ever, I always say restart your game before doing your dailies to minimize these problems. Same issues affect Credit Heist and Droid Smuggling.

Happy Halloween
  • Laz
    190 posts Member
    Options
    Yikes! I played tier 1 of the special event twice by accident. Now I can’t play bonus tier unless I pay 900 crystals.
  • Options
    jbs2886 wrote: »
    Can anyone advise how to defeat the altar?

Hit it as hard as you can, as fast as you can. No other way.

• Laz
    190 posts Member
    Options
    I didn’t know that the wins were shared. They never mentioned that in game!!!!!
  • Options
    I did it easily with Thrawn (L), Vader, Tarkin, ShoreTrooper and Veers (No zetas on this team)
    I liked the event. It's fun and that free zeta is exactly what my Nihilus needed :)
    My collection https://swgoh.gg/u/Hskull55/
    Sorry for my English :]
  • What_Why
    59 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    So much confusing info here. At level 70 I've read that I'm supposed to get 2 attempts with 2 tiers, tier 1 and a bonus tier (and that we should be able to at least unlock each one). Yet at level 70 (hit it well before the event started) I got some lousy xp, a single attempt, and only 1 tier. Luckily for me I can spend ONLY 900 C for one additional attempt at a *terrible (can't say stu-pid here) tier 1....
  • Options
    Maybe if I spent more time on the forums and less on the game or real life I would have known.
  • Options
    Maybe if I spent more time on the forums and less on the game or real life I would have known.

Or if you’d looked at how the bonus tier’s completion counter went down when you did T1.
  • Zolaz
    392 posts Member
    Options
    Liked the characters, liked the event. Crystal refresh was not a micro transaction.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

Or if you’d looked at how the bonus tier’s completion counter went down when you did T1.

Nope. Monitoring the forum for any instruction that might be usefull for you ingame is way easier than just paying attention when you're playing. You know this ;)
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    Id of been happier if T2 gave 3 or 4 shards of each, not 7-10 of one of them. That means you could forever get 1 shard and never the other. 2+ years?? HAAA!! Based off RNG it could take you 4+ years
  • Options
    Yeah it was never said that this event was for level 80+.
    Was looking forward to this event and now a real let down. Level 69 and can't get past the first tier. So this event is meaningless to me.

"This event is level banded starting at level 20, and increasing every ten levels after that. All players can participate once they have unlocked the Events feature!"

Nowhere does it say anything about having to be level 80 to play. So the devs want to discurage new comers?
    I get that the lvl 80+ players can get an advantage, but to completely leave out anyone under is quite stupid.

• Options
    Few things to add/echo here:

I liked the actual battles. The re-spawn mechanic coming from the altar was quite unexpected and a pleasant surprise. Something new that we hadn't seen before which allowed this event to not become just another task that had to be performed {mashes SIM button}. The difficulty relatively low and I expect that the majority of level 80+ players should have no trouble in completing the bonus tier. Just insert arena team and go.....

The only real con I can express has been shared by others earlier in this thread....the shards that can be obtained from the event are just paltry and offer no incentive to invest in these new characters in a meaningful way. After watching many videos from the Game Changers and other commentary offered by the community, I found myself quite interested in potentially pursuing Mother Talzin, the zombie and the spirit and eventually developing a NS squad. Those demos, of course, always featured these new characters at 7* and engaged in end-game level activities and top level arena fights. Now after having gone through both events it is apparent to the entire player base that the effort to grow and develop these characters will most likely be a multi-year process.

Unless a player chooses to spend hundreds of dollars on these 3 characters alone (via packs) there is no way to reasonably be able to gain shards for them short of waiting and farming for dozens of months. I am not a F2P player and I have not been stingy in pulling out my credit card (although i am in no means a whale) but I can see no reason to spend significant amounts of money just to possibly increase these characters to 4* and 3* respectively.

I would hate to think that any new content (or at least any significant new content) will follow this same pattern as it will put out of reach, for all but the VERY few, the latest and greatest. I can't strive to "catch 'em all" or chase the meta if the road features obligatory waiting periods. I know that some will simply retort "open your wallet" or some such slogan, and i very well might have in this instance if I could see the light at the end of the tunnel. 10 or more months at minimum with pack buying and event refreshing is just too long to expect players in a mobile game to project.

• Options
    Really cool event. A tip for beating the alter is to use attacks with bonus damage based on max health, like Rex
  • Options

I didn’t even know what the altar did. I got through it without it reviving anything. It wasn’t until I came here that I got to see that. I’ll try a weaker team next time to actually experience the event.