Rey’s Hero Journey [Mega]

Replies

• Options
    Weaver9000 wrote: »
    DatBoi wrote: »
    Davius wrote: »
    CLS was/is awesome and he made Rebels the best we've seen them (and that's a lot of rebels). With Lightsaber(?) Rey being released in the same event as CLS, one could think she will be the catalyst for a focus on the Resistance alongside the current trilogy. Rey is the "hero" for the current films and Luke for the originals, so...
    My Question Is:
    Who's gunna get the Hero' Journey from the prequel trilogy?

The prequels have no heroes

Ouch. (This is one of my favorite posts)

same here! I laughed hard. Bravo @DatBoi
  • Options
    Get everyone at 5 stars or higher. 5 stars is needed to unlock Thrawn at least. Upgrade the gear levels for Kanan, Hera and Zeb. You only need 5 phoenix characters so I suggest leaving Chopper behind.
  • Options
    tRRRey wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Jamesm wrote: »
    The last two Cantina nodes are empty. I think the vets go there. Panic farm with cantina refreshes sets the registers ringing.

if they go that route for both the forums will erupt in a rage unlike anything anyone has ever seen.

Rage for cantina nodes?? Better than hard nodes.

Those Cantina nodes are really no better than a hard node. You can expect 1 shard per refresh from them. They are more expensive than hard nodes.

Why nobody else has figured this out is beyond me.

Drop rates on cantina nodes for shards are 33% - just like everywhere else. Not sure why you feel the need to shovel misinformation.

Because it's cool to be a negative Nancy on these forums

I apologize for not being cool enough to be a member of your turtle club.

It's the truth though. 120 energy is a full refresh. 16 energy nodes give you 7.5 attempts. 33% of 7.5 is 2.5 shards. One cheap refresh is 100 crystals. That makes 40 crystals per shard.

A cheap hard node refresh will cost you 50 crystals for 5 attempts to give you 1.7 shards. That is 29 crystals per shard.

There, I did the math for you Nancies. Is it not yet clear that hard nodes are less expensive than the 16 energy nodes, the nodes which Ignatz_Festus referred to in the first place?

Look what you made me do; I had to get all defensive because you attacked me.
  • Options
    The last two Cantina nodes are empty. I think the vets go there. Panic farm with cantina refreshes sets the registers ringing.

if they go that route for both the forums will erupt in a rage unlike anything anyone has ever seen.

Those Cantina nodes are really no better than a hard node. You can expect 1 shard per refresh from them. They are more expensive than hard nodes.

I get a way better drop rate than that.

Not on the 16 energy nodes. No sir.

Oh my bad wasnt aware that you can see the drop rates I'm getting.
  • Options
    Get everyone at 5 stars or higher. 5 stars is needed to unlock Thrawn at least. Upgrade the gear levels for Kanan, Hera and Zeb. You only need 5 phoenix characters so I suggest leaving Chopper behind.

@GhostDaGhost are you kidding? Chopper is OP with his passive omega'ed. Also Chopper faster to farm than Sabine. He has it at *2 but can *5 in like 9 or 10 days tops.
    Do or do not...
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options
    CLS was/is awesome and he made Rebels the best we've seen them (and that's a lot of rebels). With Lightsaber(?) Rey being released in the same event as CLS, one could think she will be the catalyst for a focus on the Resistance alongside the current trilogy. Rey is the "hero" for the current films and Luke for the originals, so...
    My Question Is:

Wasn’t a joke.
  • Options
    My Question Is:

Wasn’t a joke.
    Some things are just funny because they are true.
  • Options

I get a way better drop rate than that.

Not on the 16 energy nodes. No sir.

Oh my bad wasnt aware that you can see the drop rates I'm getting.

Snowflakes everywhere.
  • Options
    I didn’t realize that. My friend has a maxed out Chopper but said it isn’t good. Sorry.
  • Options
    tRRRey wrote: »

Drop rates on cantina nodes for shards are 33% - just like everywhere else. Not sure why you feel the need to shovel misinformation.

Because it's cool to be a negative Nancy on these forums

I apologize for not being cool enough to be a member of your turtle club.

It's the truth though. 120 energy is a full refresh. 16 energy nodes give you 7.5 attempts. 33% of 7.5 is 2.5 shards. One cheap refresh is 100 crystals. That makes 40 crystals per shard.

A cheap hard node refresh will cost you 50 crystals for 5 attempts to give you 1.7 shards. That is 29 crystals per shard.

There, I did the math for you Nancies. Is it not yet clear that hard nodes are less expensive than the 16 energy nodes, the nodes which Ignatz_Festus referred to in the first place?

Look what you made me do; I had to get all defensive because you attacked me.

It’s 50 crystals to refresh the attempts but you still need the energy. You can’t count an energy refresh on one and not the other. Not to mention that a Cantina sim is guaranteed to give you something else useful as well (Cantina tokens). Only some hard nodes give useful gear.
  • Options
    Chopper has his uses. But lots of folks have ran without chopper and gotten thrawn, g8 with good mods should be sufficient to unlock thrawn
  • Options
    #teamchopper
  • Options
    Are you asking us to do simple math for you? And look up the numerous posts on the issue for you?
    Why so hostile? All im asking for is advice from people who have go up against him. Yes i can do math but hera is cantina only sabine is hard node and random guild drops and ezra is cantina and random fleet shipments. So tell me how do i do math with something that is random?
  • Options
    Are you asking us to do simple math for you? And look up the numerous posts on the issue for you?

Oh stop it mad one be kind
  • Options
    It is going to be close go w chopper easy to farm Hera if u catch her sometime in tb shop
  • Options
    It is going to be close go w chopper easy to farm Hera if u catch her sometime in tb shop
    I have gotten some shards from TB and that helps but again it is kinda random. At the moment refresh my cantina energy once a day to get some more hera shards which in turn makes geting chopper a little easier.
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Ton_Phanan wrote: »
    I see the thrawn event is on the 23rd and i would like to know how long is should take to get my phoenix toons ready. As of right now ezra is almost 4 stars at g7, sabine at 4* at g7, zeb at 4* g5 at g5 kanan at 3* at g5, hera at 3* at g5 and chopper at 2* at g3. Ive shifted all my farming to get them at the rate im going will i be ready to unlock thrawn? Should i stop after i get them all to 5 stars? Or should i try for 6* stars and what gear should i get all them to. Thanks for any advice or info.

Aim for 7*s minimum, the worst you'll do is 5* and an unlock. That means all six of them 7*d, omega'd, all 5 dot god mods, all level 85, G9 Ezra and Hera, rest G8 at the very least.

Chopper helps a lot when the rest of your Phoenix squad blows, Sabine is better and hits harder as you improve the rest of your squad. So best to just have all six losers farmed and ready.

Good luck.
  • Options
    Why so hostile? All im asking for is advice from people who have go up against him. Yes i can do math but hera is cantina only sabine is hard node and random guild drops and ezra is cantina and random fleet shipments. So tell me how do i do math with something that is random?

You are asking two questions, what is the minimum to get Thrawn and will you have enough time to farm them in the remaining time. The former, 100s of posts about it, the latter you suggest it's not computable...but your subject conflicts with that asking people if you have time to meet the requirements.

The truth is you can, given data about drops rates and simple math but people are reluctant to do all that simple math for the benefit of a single poster, who could do that grade school arithmetic themselves. So going to teach you to how fish:

1) search for minimums to get Thrawn
    2) search for drop rates
    3) computer daily attempts you personally can allot to them
    4) compute your ending stars/gear/mods for required toons given the time frame you want

If you feel this is too much for you, maybe best not to ask strangers to spend their time to do it for you.
  • Options
    Jordy_Rain wrote: »
    What we all have to remember is that this franchise is being managed by a large corporation. Disney didn’t pay $1B for the love of the franchise. The parent company could care less whether any of us has an “enjoyable experience” only that we’ll continue to pump money into this game. Therefore, there is absolutely no way Rey is the only character requirement. Too easy. Where is the money in that? I’m willing to bet that the veteran smugglers will be required at 7*. Rey will be OP (see CLS) so a select group of whales will spare no expense to get her. Casual players will probably drop money on packs and refreshes in vain without a snowball’s chance in H**l of getting her. Panic farming is the whole basis of this cash cow. Until that cow drops dead, they will milk all of us for every last cent. Given that the Star Wars franchise has survived for over 30 years, that there bovine is still plenty healthy.

Game theory says that if everyone cooperated and remained f2p, then we would all win... but whales are going to ruin it for everyone as per usual.

I would just like to point out that if everyone was f2p, there would be no game. Whales, dolphins and even guppies pay so the f2p player has a game to play. You should be thanking those who spend their disposable income to support the game - not subtly insulting them.

U beat me to it good job.
  • Options
    Winstar wrote: »
    I see the thrawn event is on the 23rd and i would like to know how long is should take to get my phoenix toons ready. As of right now ezra is almost 4 stars at g7, sabine at 4* at g7, zeb at 4* g5 at g5 kanan at 3* at g5, hera at 3* at g5 and chopper at 2* at g3. Ive shifted all my farming to get them at the rate im going will i be ready to unlock thrawn? Should i stop after i get them all to 5 stars? Or should i try for 6* stars and what gear should i get all them to. Thanks for any advice or info.

Aim for 7*s minimum, the worst you'll do is 5* and an unlock. That means all six of them 7*d, omega'd, all 5 dot god mods, all level 85, G9 Ezra and Hera, rest G8 at the very least.

Chopper helps a lot when the rest of your Phoenix squad blows, Sabine is better and hits harder as you improve the rest of your squad. So best to just have all six losers farmed and ready.

Good luck.
    Thanks for the info i will be sure to keep it all in mind.

• Options
    My Question Is:

Stop it they had hero. Hero just don't always win still heros. U need a hug stop hating sir (it was a little funny even though u are probably serious)
  • Options

You are asking two questions, what is the minimum to get Thrawn and will you have enough time to farm them in the remaining time. The former, 100s of posts about it, the latter you suggest it's not computable...but your subject conflicts with that asking people if you have time to meet the requirements.

The truth is you can, given data about drops rates and simple math but people are reluctant to do all that simple math for the benefit of a single poster, who could do that grade school arithmetic themselves. So going to teach you to how fish:

1) search for minimums to get Thrawn
    2) search for drop rates
    3) computer daily attempts you personally can allot to them
    4) compute your ending stars/gear/mods for required toons given the time frame you want

If you feel this is too much for you, maybe best not to ask strangers to spend their time to do it for you.
    As i said to someone else im aware of all the math but like i said shard drops in shipments are psuedo random and no matter how much math i do for shard drop rates the fact of the matter is that i could do ten battles and get ten shards or do ten battles and get absolutely no shards. Or i can get any amount of shards between 0 and 10. So once again the math isn't too usefull for cantina shard drops. Also im not asking for you to do any math im asking for peoples experiences with the battle and about how long it took for people to farm phoenix like 1 month or 2 weeks. If you can't see how simple the question is and still over react maybe you shouldn't be on the forums where questions are supposed to be asked and advice sought after.

• Options
    Yes you can do it. They only gave us 10 days iirc the first time thrawn came out. What sucks is that Hera and Ezra are both cantina battles. I personally finished thrawn with Sabine and not chopper. Split evenly between Hera and Ezra don’t max refreshes. Work on all 6 as drop rates drive you to insanity. You’ll gat a 5* thrawn easily! And watch out for occasional TB and fleet store drops! Always keep some of those currencies for Phx toons. May the force be with you!
  • Options
    mt875249 wrote: »
    Yes you can do it. They only gave us 10 days iirc the first time thrawn came out. What sucks is that Hera and Ezra are both cantina battles. I personally finished thrawn with Sabine and not chopper. Split evenly between Hera and Ezra don’t max refreshes. Work on all 6 as drop rates drive you to insanity. You’ll gat a 5* thrawn easily! And watch out for occasional TB and fleet store drops! Always keep some of those currencies for Phx toons. May the force be with you!
    Thanks for the advice. If need be i can always sub sabine for someone else as im sure i can get her from 4 to 5* before the event. As of now im just getting ezra from fleet shipments and focusing on hera as sabine can not replace her. If i get hera early enough i move on to ezra and by that time chopper should also be about ready.
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options
    My Question Is:

Stop it they had hero. Hero just don't always win still heros. U need a hug stop hating sir (it was a little funny even though u are probably serious)

Well, i like my star wars movies with protagonists. But to each their own
  • Options
    No.
  • Options
    PiffGuru wrote: »
    Krjstoff wrote: »
    What if you need Kylo to kill vet han

Other way around. you will need vet Han to be killed by kylo. I can't wait to farm a 7 star vet Han for the purpose of being killed off.

Don’t forget 7* Vet Chewie for just standing on a ledge growling without doing anything else.

He did shoot kylo, which is kinda strange kylo didnt fly back and die/fall off that incredibly dangerous walkway. Since every other time chewie shoots someone its like a explosion.

I think that was the point. They showed the whole movie how powerful the bow-caster was and then Kylo just took it and that's why his duel with an untrained Rey was even a fight.
  • Options
    Will we need ONLY scavenger rey?

Funny joke.

Finn, BB8, veteran smuggler chewie/Han and scavenger rey

I don't see why we would need scoundrels to unlock rey... besides the fact they were in the movie. SWGOH has been very specific to events that need only one group type of toons. Like resistance or first order... I can guarantee you need BB8 but idk about the smugglers
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Cooncoon wrote: »
    Will we need ONLY scavenger rey?

Funny joke.

Finn, BB8, veteran smuggler chewie/Han and scavenger rey

I don't see why we would need scoundrels to unlock rey... besides the fact they were in the movie. SWGOH has been very specific to events that need only one group type of toons. Like resistance or first order... I can guarantee you need BB8 but idk about the smugglers

Re-watch The Force Awakens and pay attention ;)

I'd be surprised if Poe is a required hero to unlock her.

And see: Luke's Hero Journey event.
  • Options
    shard drops... are psuedo random

They are really not. Massive data collection suggest that drop rates are between 30 and 35%
This discussion has been closed.