Rey’s Hero Journey [Mega]

Replies

• leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    NicWester wrote: »
    Jamesm wrote: »
    The overconfidence here is amazing. I don't mind speculation, but please... speak accordingly. Somebody not paying attention may think this is all confirmed information.
    As a reminder, there is no PROOF that we need any character other than Rey at the moment.

Speculation is fine as to who else may be needed for her journey, but let's remember it's just speculation. There is nothing else out cnnthere to prove the need for other toons.

But there is precedence with Luke's event. Rey only came in contact with so many in game characters that its not hard to guess where this may go. I had to do zero panic farming for luke because of posts like this. Ignore at you're own risk.

Precedence with a sample size of one. Be careful. “Yesterday I had 0 kids, today I have 1 kid, by this time next month I should therefore have 31 kids.”

or maybe, i got pregnant and stayed that way for nine months, then had 1 kid
    the next time i get pregnant i could expect...

... twins?
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    The overconfidence here is amazing. I don't mind speculation, but please... speak accordingly. Somebody not paying attention may think this is all confirmed information.
    As a reminder, there is no PROOF that we need any character other than Rey at the moment.

Speculation is fine as to who else may be needed for her journey, but let's remember it's just speculation. There is nothing else out cnnthere to prove the need for other toons.

But there is precedence with Luke's event. Rey only came in contact with so many in game characters that its not hard to guess where this may go. I had to do zero panic farming for luke because of posts like this. Ignore at you're own risk.

Precedence with a sample size of one. Be careful. “Yesterday I had 0 kids, today I have 1 kid, by this time next month I should therefore have 31 kids.”

I don't think you understand how babies get made.
  • Options

Yea becuase that analogy is completely comparable to this.....Every legendary event and every marguee event has had the same format. So yes i am going to assume that the heroes journey events will also be similar.... i honestly dont get the reluctance of some of you. We have warning, we have a previous event to go off of. Better to be safe than sorry. But by all means enjoy your panic farming and rage posting when you "dont have enough time".
  • Options
    leef wrote: »

or maybe, i got pregnant and stayed that way for nine months, then had 1 kid
    the next time i get pregnant i could expect...

... twins?

no, more Rebels.
  • Options
    Muaddib wrote: »

That is the point.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    So, the moral of the story is...
    if you are having a baby today, by this time next month, you should have 31 new rebel toons...
    just not sure if they will be unlocked or 7*...
  • Naw
    969 posts Member
    Options
    That is the point.

You could google it.
  • Options
    I just went and checked, and the Veteran Smugglers were released on 9/6/17. Per the character release cadence, they should be placed on the board to farm between 11/6/17 and 12/6/17.

• Options

That is the point.
    The point is you don't know how babies are made?
    And we do know how events work once they give it a name. Legendary. Marquee. These have been consistent. Certainly Hero's Journey would be consistent as well. If it wasn't, they'd give it a different name.
  • TheXBoarder
    152 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    I just went and checked, and the Veteran Smugglers were released on 9/6/17. Per the character release cadence, they should be placed on the board to farm between 11/6/17 and 12/6/17.

If we are following the precedent set by Luke's journey and applying it to Rey's journey, then the Veteran Smugglers should not be needed to unlock the new Rey. BB8 and R2 are nearly identical in their requirements, so we can assume BB8 will be needed, and will be available again just before Rey's journey to try and unlock him again. However, when you look at the other toons needed for Luke's journey (Leia, ST Han, Old Ben), each of those toons had been readily available and farmable over a year. The Veteran Smugglers don't fit that criteria. So it's not reasonable to assume they are needed.
  • Options

If we are following the precedent set by Luke's journey and applying it to Rey's journey, then the Veteran Smugglers should not be needed to unlock the new Rey. BB8 and R2 are nearly identical in their requirements, so we can assume BB8 will be needed, and will be available again just before Rey's journey to try and unlock him again. However, when you look at the other toons needed for Luke's journey (Leia, ST Han, Old Ben), each of those toons had been readily available and farmable over a year. The Veteran Smugglers don't fit that criteria. So it's not reasonable to assume they are needed.

The requirements aren't how long they are were farmable. Its who were a part of lukes journey in ep 4. Those charcters just happened to be in the game a long time.
  • Ferret2112
    195 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options

Think you are making a jump in logic there.

The characters required for CLS were not necessarily chosen because of their relative availability. That might have been the/a reason contributing to their selection but it could have also been for a number of other reasons. Their relevance in the storyline portrayed by the hero's journey, for instance.

To be totally honest with ourselves, no one REALLY KNOWS what will be required and that rational, logical well thought out speculations are all JUST guesses until we have more information.
  • Options

The requirements aren't how long they are were farmable. Its who were a part of lukes journey in ep 4. Those charcters just happened to be in the game a long time.

Also....no real evidence that YOU are correct. It could be how XBoarder says OR it could be any number of other reasons.
  • Options
    Rey Finn bb8 veteran Han and chewie. I truly think those 5 characters will be required. Every single one serves a purpose in her story as per the archetypes set forth in Joseph Cambell's "The Hero's Journey," after which this event is named.

As for speculation on the falcon, not quite sure. The ship does not serve a role as a character, so it does not fit an archetype of The Hero's Journey. Plus there would be immense backlash if the ship were to be required at seven stars.

Just farm away and bank currency and crystals.
  • Options
    Ferret2112 wrote: »

Also....no real evidence that YOU are correct. It could be how XBoarder says OR it could be any number of other reasons.

I mean yea its just crazy to think that for a character to be needed for a heroes journey that they would need to be..........a part of that heroes journey.
  • Hannibal_Bexus
    620 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    no.
    The events are called Hero's Journey
    not the Sidekicks Availability
    because Thrawn
  • Options
    Ferret2112 wrote: »

I mean yea its just crazy to think that for a character to be needed for a heroes journey that they would need to be..........a part of that heroes journey.

Never said you were wrong. A scientifically investigated and examined hypothesis is still only conjecture without empirical evidence.

Personally I am also guessing that the same characters you suggest will be the required ones, and for the same reason that you do, but I acknowledge that I could certainly be wrong. That HAS happened once in my life, i believe.
  • Options

Just farm away and bank currency and crystals.

This is the correct plan. Farm Rey, Fin, FO for BB8 and save everything else. Unlike the stock market, save on rumors, spend on news. ;)
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Just as crazy to think we would be required to 7* vet han and chewie in such a short time.
    Even in level 1 cantina it would be a lot of refreshes to go from 3* to 7* in a week
  • Options
    before somebody cries "Thrawn wasn't a Hero's Journey", I know that.
    The point was that Phoenix were not available for very long before being required to unlock Thrawn
  • Options
    They were around long enough to get them to 5*
    That's all thrawn required to unlock.
    But we would assume that hero journey will be 7* only, just like cls
  • Options
    Goober1_ wrote: »
    Just as crazy to think we would be required to 7* vet han and chewie in such a short time.
    Even in level 1 cantina it would be a lot of refreshes to go from 3* to 7* in a week

Except we dont know yet when theyll be farmable compared to the event. Look all I'm saying is cover all bases and you wont have a problem when the event comes out. If you want to believe you wont need the vets thats fine with me.
  • Options
    ok. fine. you win.
    dont farm them
    i will
  • Neo2551
    1824 posts Member
    Options
    Unless they go really mean before Christmas, we will have 2 week to farms the toons. (Only Millenium Falcon can be tricky).
  • Options
    Neo2551 wrote: »
    Unless they go really mean before Christmas, we will have 2 week to farms the toons. (Only Millenium Falcon can be tricky).

see my earlier post on the release cadence
  • Options
    I'll FARM them when they can be farmed.
    I try not to miss good toons.
    I guess it's according to who you are missing.
    If you don't have Finn 7* or bb8 you could be in bad shape
  • Options
    Wonder if FO TIE fighter will be needed as it is a reward this month. It could be stolen by Finn and Poe (@7*) to get to Jakku, thereby needing Poe. Not saying other stuff is wrong, just hop 7* Falcon (and just unlock) is the case.
  • Options
    Wonder if FO TIE fighter will be needed as it is a reward this month. It could be stolen by Finn and Poe (@7*) to get to Jakku, thereby needing Poe. Not saying other stuff is wrong, just hop 7* Falcon (and just unlock) is the case.

Its reys journey not poes or finns so i would say no.
  • Options
    I'm going to guess that the vets will be required. But being optimistic, I don't think they will be required at 7 star.
  • Options
    So, the moral of the story is...
    if you are having a baby today, by this time next month, you should have 31 new rebel toons...
    just not sure if they will be unlocked or 7*...

And just imagine the pain of gearing 31 new toons...
This discussion has been closed.