Rey’s Hero Journey [Mega]

Replies

• Options
    First Order is a sovereign power at war with the second Galactic Republic. Don’t overthink it :P
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    All I know, is the last megathread we went into some deep grammar.... and we moved on to baby making.

The REAL meta is to try and guess what the major detour will be on the NEXT megathread.

I'm laying bets on people stumbling over "versus" in the GvG megathread and people fighting over the merits of the various street-fighter and pvp games out there.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Options
    All I know, is the last megathread we went into some deep grammar.... and we moved on to baby making.

The REAL meta is to try and guess what the major detour will be on the NEXT megathread.

I'm laying bets on people stumbling over "versus" in the GvG megathread and people fighting over the merits of the various street-fighter and pvp games out there.

I'm just not ready for that yet.
  • Options
    $50 says she a rebel.

Okay I bet she's Resistance deal
    Han Solo: No time to discuss this as a committee. Princess Leia: I am not a committee!
  • Options
    $50 says she a rebel.

Okay I bet she's Resistance deal

You should ask for a gift card instead. Same value ($50) and I heard it works wonders.
  • Options
    Jedi and Resistance tags
    and i cant wait to get her :p
  • Options
    Mihai29 wrote: »
    Jedi and Resistance tags

idk, i'm not sure on the Jedi tag. CLS didn't get one.
  • Options
    Jedi and Resistance tags

because this cls is before met Hermit yoda so he doesn't know the Jedis way
  • Options
    Craigo wrote: »
    I'm presuming we wont need han or chewie because they dont link with rey or anyone else from the film. They are classed as scoundrels.
    All the toons in the luke event link with the rebel label! Fingers crossed!

Old ben was only linked rebel when the event came before only jedi, same with veterans probably
  • Options
    Jedi and Resistance tags

What i meant was...
    Rey is in training, much like Luke was in his second film (Obi Wan appearing in the snow... "Use the force Luke", then force-pulling his lightsaber out of the ice to cut himself free). They didnt give Luke the Jedi tag because he still has more "journey", meaning another version to come.

Also, there is the line from the trailer "the Jedi must end", Rey might not become a Jedi ever

She might very well come with a Jedi tag, but, I wouldn't bank on it.
  • Options
    Just to keep @PremierVenoth on his toes and this Mega going off in different directions...
    If New Rey doesn't get the Jedi tag...
    Maybe we're close to getting a Grey Jedi tag (ATF, New Rey, CLS, could get Revan in this, Quinlan Vos, Asajj, Barris and QGJ could be both)
  • Options
    hope she doesn't become a Jedi
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Options
    I wish the only requirement for Rey will be Rey (Scavenger) and any resistance toon or even any toon. The new Rey toon doesn't have to be op, and I don't think that she will be, because:
    1)CG might prefer to give more power to DS from now on, because of the upcoming DS TB
    2) in the TLJ the dark side will win so is only logical that if any toon will be op that will be a DS toon
    3) New rey probably gonna have only the resistance tag, imagine how op Resistance team will be if in the current team you add an op Rey

The dream scenario is that the only requirement gonna be a 7* Rey (Scavenger) and the new Rey is the Rey from the end of the TFA. Just Rey is a great name too, so CG can release a Jedi Rey or a Fallen Rey in the future. Rey doesn't have to be op to be enjoyable.

Maybe they just releasing her for something bigger from the dark side part.
  • Options
    "This is not going to go the way that you think."

We know DS TB is coming. Everybody is complaining there are too many LS, not enough DS. Won't you all be shocked when TLJ reveals that Rey falls to the Dark Side, and Rey's HJ unlocks the new dark Rey.

Coming to you this January.
  • Options
    fokas wrote: »
    I wish the only requirement for Rey will be Rey (Scavenger) and any resistance toon or even any toon. The new Rey toon doesn't have to be op, and I don't think that she will be, because:
    1)CG might prefer to give more power to DS from now on, because of the upcoming DS TB
    2) in the TLJ the dark side will win so is only logical that if any toon will be op that will be a DS toon
    3) New rey probably gonna have only the resistance tag, imagine how op Resistance team will be if in the current team you add an op Rey

The dream scenario is that the only requirement gonna be a 7* Rey (Scavenger) and the new Rey is the Rey from the end of the TFA. Just Rey is a great name too, so CG can release a Jedi Rey or a Fallen Rey in the future. Rey doesn't have to be op to be enjoyable.

Maybe they just releasing her for something bigger from the dark side part.

If it was "just rey" it wouldnt be a heroes journey.
  • Options
    LordDirt wrote: »

She won't. Luke said "the Jedi must end" so she will probably be something close to a "grey". Also Luke will show her the Journal of the Whills, so her knowledge of the Force will possibly be more than just the dogmatic view of the Jedi.

fingers crossed.
  • LordDirt
    5027 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options

She won't. Luke said "the Jedi must end" so she will probably be something close to a "grey". Also Luke will show her the Journal of the Whills, so her knowledge of the Force will possibly be more than just the dogmatic view of the Jedi.

fingers crossed.

I hope he goes back to the original teachings of using both sides of the Force but the Rey figure out now says Rey (Jedi Training) and Luke says Luke (Jedi Master).

Luke is in his lighter robes so maybe he switches later and goes into his dark robes for other teachings. Maybe the scene in his black robes are like Episode 5 with Luke fighting Vader on Dagobah and it is all just a vision of a possible future.

Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Options
    "This is not going to go the way that you think."

We know DS TB is coming. Everybody is complaining there are too many LS, not enough DS. Won't you all be shocked when TLJ reveals that Rey falls to the Dark Side, and Rey's HJ unlocks the new dark Rey.

Coming to you this January.

Hopefully this won’t go the way this post reads, ROFLMAO
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options
    Jedi and Resistance tags

Incorrect.

CLS as he appears in this game is from when he faces Vader on Bespin.

He had already met Yoda and left Dagobah to save Leia, Han Etc from Vader, because of his vision - promising Yoda that he will return to complete his training.

In fact, Luke only returns to Yoda, keeping to his word, only after Han was freed from Jabba in ROTJ, at that time Yoda admits that no more training does he require - all he has to do is face Vader again.

Therefore, CLS in this game should be considered a Jedi - a padawan/apprentice at the very least.

Rey will not likely be tagged as a jedi for a different reason - It is time for the jedi to end. Rey will be trained in the ways of the force, but not Jedi.

FAT or ATF in this game is also not considered a Jedi - as she no longer walks the path of the jedi.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options
    By the way I have been saying this Heroe's Journey of Rey was coming a long time ago on this forum.

I even stated requirements of:

* Scavenger Rey
    * Finn
    * BB8
    * VSHan and
    * VSChewie.

However Like CLS or Luke's journey we started with small flash events that required Luke only (jawas were provided).

I bet, at this time, only Rey will be required. This announcement is warning to everyone to start getting the others farmed and tuned up - especially VSHan and VSChewie.

The VSs have recently been farmable for credits from the SHipments store at the cost of something like 600 crystals for 8 shards. But on every rotation of the store, there is either VSHan or VSChewie - the only problem is being able to afford the crystal currency for each.

Therefore the full event - same with CLS will likely come sometime next year - but who knows it wouldn't surprise me that the entire team listed above are required at 7* before the end of the year.

Good luck all.
  • Options
    Muaddib wrote: »
    Just to keep @PremierVenoth on his toes and this Mega going off in different directions...
    Maybe we're close to getting a Grey Jedi tag (ATF, New Rey, CLS, could get Revan in this, Quinlan Vos, Asajj, Barris and QGJ could be both)

"There are no Grey Jedi. Being a Grey Jedi is like being a vegetarian who eats meat" - Pablo Hidalgo
    On the other hand, we don't know what else to call them... yet...
  • Options

"There are no Grey Jedi. Being a Grey Jedi is like being a vegetarian who eats meat" - Pablo Hidalgo

I prefer Dark Jedi

• Options
    Boo wrote: »
    By the way I have been saying this Heroe's Journey of Rey was coming a long time ago on this forum.

I even stated requirements of:

* Scavenger Rey
    * Finn
    * BB8
    * VSHan and
    * VSChewie.

However Like CLS or Luke's journey we started with small flash events that required Luke only (jawas were provided).

I bet, at this time, only Rey will be required. This announcement is warning to everyone to start getting the others farmed and tuned up - especially VSHan and VSChewie.

The VSs have recently been farmable for credits from the SHipments store at the cost of something like 600 crystals for 8 shards. But on every rotation of the store, there is either VSHan or VSChewie - the only problem is being able to afford the crystal currency for each.

Therefore the full event - same with CLS will likely come sometime next year - but who knows it wouldn't surprise me that the entire team listed above are required at 7* before the end of the year.

Good luck all.

I think the event will be in December from the wording in the announcement.

You can look forward to playing as Rey (Scavenger) in her Hero’s Journey event, in support of the worldwide theatrical release of Star Wars™: The Last Jedi this December.
  • Options
    Omeah wrote: »

Thank God there are some sensible ppl left (I mean you, I already knew Hidalgo's comment)

Every time I see someone type “grey jedi” I want to reply with “That’s not a thing.” But I know it won’t solve anything so I don’t.

But, also, it’s not a thing.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    NicWester wrote: »
    Omeah wrote: »

Thank God there are some sensible ppl left (I mean you, I already knew Hidalgo's comment)

Every time I see someone type “grey jedi” I want to reply with “That’s not a thing.” But I know it won’t solve anything so I don’t.

But, also, it’s not a thing.

It's not cannon no. But it is a thing if you enjoyed video games or books before Disney bought the franchise. And if "it's time for the jedi to end..." where does it go from here?
    http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Gray_Jedi

Also at this point, I just enjoy messing with you. I don't have a strong feeling about this at all. :D
  • Options
    Disney already got rid of the Sith so it makes sense for them to do the same for the Jedi.
  • Options
    I think it is correct that Rey will not be Jedi on movie or game and also that the event is coming very close to movie release ( per announcement)
    The event will be.
    Rey,finn,bb8,poe, and one of the 2 generic resistantance toons
  • JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member
    Options

Beige Knights.
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options
    Disney already got rid of the Sith so it makes sense for them to do the same for the Jedi.

How did disney get rid of the sith?
This discussion has been closed.