Rey’s Hero Journey [Mega]

Replies

• CoastalJames
    2971 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Jordy_Rain wrote: »
    Game theory says that if everyone cooperated and remained f2p, then we would all win...

There would be no reason for the game to exist if all it's players were f2p.

And so it wouldn't.

• Options
    They’re probably gonna be required but I think the event will run somewhere around 20 december
  • Th3Ch40t1C
    147 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Instead of trying to farm all chars, spending a huge amount of money and then still not getting her, i wont even Try. I didnt even finish my phoenix squad for thrawn, my cls unlock team, first order team etc.... even though they'll make the new char a "counter" to cls (nah not a counter, just more op).... so why even bother? Cls is gonna be worthless when lightsaber rey comes out, and lightsaber rey will be useless when.... yea next char comes out
  • Options
    Th3Ch40t1C wrote: »
    Instead of trying to farm all chars, spending a huge amount of money and then still not getting her, i wont even Try. I didnt even finish my phoenix squad for thrawn, my cls unlock team, first order team etc.... even though they'll make the new char a "counter" to cls (nah not a counter, just more op).... so why even bother? Cls is gonna be worthless when lightsaber rey comes out, and lightsaber rey will be useless when.... yea next char comes out

Nihilists ...
    giphy.gif
  • Options

OR, the new Rey and CLS will destroy people together.

Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • ChickenFett139
    1484 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Everyone has said for MONTHS it will be Rey Hero’s Journey. You can find Rey’s Hero Journey speculation threads EVERYWHERE on the forum. Zero bantha poodoos given to those who did not listen, read, pay attention to the clues.

Will I get her, no. I am still too new to have the required team at 7*. I could not even get BB-8. I barely got 6* R2 which means I still can’t get CLS.
    Just means I will never see top 50 of my Arena shard. Don’t care. There’s pleanty else to do in game until she comes around again.

WARNING: START Planning teams for Solo: A Star Wars Story now! Greedo/Han hatred backstory coming. 7* Greedo now.
    Post edited by ChickenFett139 on
  • Gawejn
    1107 posts Member
    Options
    LordDirt wrote: »

OR, the new Rey and CLS will destroy people together.

That can be really crazy:), like duo Chaze year before. Two toons destroying everything on defense:). That would be fun Luke Rey Combo
  • Options
    I'm going to guess that the vets will be required. But being optimistic, I don't think they will be required at 7 star.

This is a Hero's Journey, so guaranteed they will. CLS only unlocked at 7*, will be the same for Rey.
  • Options

WARNING: START Planning teams for Solo: A Star Wars Story now! Greedo/Han hatred backstory coming. 7* Greedo now.

They will release Young Greedo a week before that event drops. Need him at 8 star, G14
  • Crazy_Dread
    14 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    NicWester wrote: »
    [
    If you don't get Rey this time, you'll live. Get her next time. Don't pout and throw a tantrum... You're better than that.

Bbbbbut it's not fair.

(note use of sarcasm)
  • Options
    Rey (Starkiller Base). I can't wait. B)
  • Options

No no, the best name is "Force Enthusiast Rey"
    (assuming no jedi tag)
  • Options
    Liamtbqh wrote: »

(assuming no jedi tag)

Oh, that's good. But I just faced a lightsaber wielding Rey in the Cantina and that wasn't her name.
  • Options

(assuming no jedi tag)

Oh, that's good. But I just faced a lightsaber wielding Rey in the Cantina and that wasn't her name.

that's the NPCs name not necessarily what the new rey will be called. Also that brings up the question. Are we getting rey at the end of TFA or rey from TLJ.
  • Options
    Jamesm wrote: »

(assuming no jedi tag)

that's the NPCs name not necessarily what the new rey will be called. Also that brings up the question. Are we getting rey at the end of TFA or rey from TLJ.

Oh good, then there's still a chance she can be Darth Rey. :D
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Rey Kenobi, Obi Wan's granddaughter. Disney ties things up to please fans.

From the internets:

The accent The only two “good guys” in the entire series who have British accents are Obi Wan and Rey (if you exclude C3PO). This likely isn’t an accident since other British actors (i.e. John Boyega, Liam Neeson) perform with American accents.

The Jedi mind trick scene The scene in which Rey persuades her Stormtrooper (007) captor to open her cell door and drop his weapon strongly echoes Obi Wan’s successful uses of the Jedi mind trick in both the OT and Prequels — one of his signature abilities. This is not the plot twist you’re looking for.

Poking around Starkiller Base The scenes of Rey scaling the walls and tip-toeing around the First Order’s Starkiller HQ echo Obi Wan in A New Hope sneaking around the Death Star and disabling the tractor beam. A superficial homage to Episode IV or a breadcrumb leading to answers about the Third Trilogy’s protagonist?

Other:

Similar costumes between Rey and Obi Wan (in the Prequels).

Both Ewan McGregor’s and Alec Guinness’s voices appear in the key basement lightsaber flashback scene at Maz’s.

And, lastly, JJ Abrams has suggested that Rey’s loneliness is a key to her origin, likely a referencing Obi Wan’s status as a lonely hermit between Episodes 3 and 4. Unless Rey is Yoda’s granddaughter but probably not.

MWL5Y6RxPM_x.jpg
  • Options
    Winstar wrote: »
    Rey Kenobi, Obi Wan's granddaughter. Disney ties things up to please fans.

From the internets:

The accent The only two “good guys” in the entire series who have British accents are Obi Wan and Rey (if you exclude C3PO). This likely isn’t an accident since other British actors (i.e. John Boyega, Liam Neeson) perform with American accents.

The Jedi mind trick scene The scene in which Rey persuades her Stormtrooper (007) captor to open her cell door and drop his weapon strongly echoes Obi Wan’s successful uses of the Jedi mind trick in both the OT and Prequels — one of his signature abilities. This is not the plot twist you’re looking for.

Poking around Starkiller Base The scenes of Rey scaling the walls and tip-toeing around the First Order’s Starkiller HQ echo Obi Wan in A New Hope sneaking around the Death Star and disabling the tractor beam. A superficial homage to Episode IV or a breadcrumb leading to answers about the Third Trilogy’s protagonist?

Other:

Similar costumes between Rey and Obi Wan (in the Prequels).

Both Ewan McGregor’s and Alec Guinness’s voices appear in the key basement lightsaber flashback scene at Maz’s.

And, lastly, JJ Abrams has suggested that Rey’s loneliness is a key to her origin, likely a referencing Obi Wan’s status as a lonely hermit between Episodes 3 and 4. Unless Rey is Yoda’s granddaughter but probably not.

MWL5Y6RxPM_x.jpg

Nailed it. Rey Kenobi- she will have a triple taunt zeta.
  • Options
    $50 says she a rebel.
  • 3PO
    32 posts Member
    Options
    I wish this journey was divided into two parts.
    There are more movies too.

So, the result of this part 1's Rey should be weaker than CLS
    and part 1's requirements are Rey, BB and Pin !!!!!
    Bad?
  • Options
    @Winstar You mean Rey Palpatine. The emperors granddaughter ? :D

Anyways back to the subject, we all know its EA games, and we all know it will require the Veterans. At best they will become farmable just a few days before the event and you can maybe panic farm them just in time if you buy those two 80$ packs to speed the farming up :P

I like how some naive/optimistic people try to fool themselves that they wont be a requirement, but clearly you have not been gaming for a long time :) Just type in "most hated gaming companies" and check who is topping all the charts :)
  • Options
    This thread is hilarious...

If you don't like then don't play. If you do like then play. Not hard.
  • ChickenFett139
    1484 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    This is not going to end how you think.
    Luke on his back, Rey standing over him lightsaber raised to strike. The familiar snap hiss and green glow of Luke’s saber humming to life.

Enjoy that Kenobi theory. The girl is not good
  • Options
    Varlie wrote: »
    Falcon makes exactly as much sense as veteran smugglers. Add resistance x-wing and poe's x-wing and you have a ship stage. It's even more probable, since it's farmable and the smugglers aren't yet, so those who want the new Rey should start farming those ships.

Poe and the X-Wings had little to do with Rey's Journey. She never actually met Poe in the movie and when Poe and the Resistance X-Wings came to Han, Chewie, and Finn's rescue Rey had already been captured.

So? You will need more ships to go with Falcon in the ships stage, and those two are the most probable.

Says who? Luke's journey had stages with only a few characters.
  • hS_
    55 posts Member
    Options
    Still no Vader rework?
  • Goober1_
    472 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Just an idea, maybe a long shot.
    New Rey will almost for sure be resistantance.
    So even if they are not required for her event, most likely she will work best with them.
    Fact is resistantance has been on the verge of meta for a long time. Myself and a few in my shard are in top 25 with them.
    Not totally impossible for event to need
    Rey,finn,bb8,poe,rt or rp
    Wasn't cls event all rebels?
  • Options
    If Han and Chewie are required, I would pass
  • Options
    As Han would say, "I've got a bad feeling about this." Those who may be trusting in the benevolence of the Force, "that's not how the Force works!"
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • Naw
    969 posts Member
    Options
    $50 says she a rebel.

Wait a moment? Didn’t the Rebels beat the Evil Empire? Were the Resistance not on the side of the senate? Did not the First Order pick up from the Evil Empire’s ashes?

This means that FO must be the new rebels.
  • Hannibal_Bexus
    620 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Naw wrote: »
    $50 says she a rebel.

Wait a moment? Didn’t the Rebels beat the Evil Empire? Were the Resistance not on the side of the senate? Did not the First Order pick up from the Evil Empire’s ashes?

This means that FO must be the new rebels.

Well, technically...
    If the First Order is the ruling government, wouldn't that make Rey a terrorist?
    I mean, they literally bombed a government building full of innocent workers.
This discussion has been closed.