Rey’s Hero Journey [Mega]

Replies

• Options
    Viserys wrote: »
    I'm 108 shards into the Falcon and started farming it when it went onto the hard node. If I were willing to pony up for a node refresh (which I'm not) I could be about double that. Still a ways off though.

Ignoring falcon for Reaper. Ds life! I’m seeing the falcon more and more in fleet arena. And getting reports on it now. I hear with finns zeta and at g12(not the pieces) it hits pretty hard.

I think I want to say I’m happy - that rey is login toon because it’s following the CLS event more and more. So if that’s the case we still have time to farm vets.

It could also mean we'll need both vets at 7* which woud be a no way for most f2p players even with a few more months. Especially since one also needs to get FO for BB8 event. So many tedious farms, i hope we're wrong about vets cause this isn't really fun anymore and Luke was so easy compared to all of this stuff.

I know this sounds condensending and I really don’t mean it to be- the first event I was ever ready for was r2 only because I liked Empire and went after them. Yoda taught me how to farm and I had to wait twice to 7*. When palp came I don’t think I had enough rebels to pass phase 1. It is very anxiety ridden for all the rooms you “have to” have. Especially since CLS people are really feeling that way. But don’t fret. Do what you can when you can.
    Finish up FO. They are a great squad and can be used in Tb, tw, aat. And will probably get more people in their squad. Tackle things one by one. This game is a massive grind. But at least we progress brick by brick day by day.
    If you choose to be totally ftp- it comes with sacrifice and choices. But with enough time and preparing you are totally able to whoop butt in arena against people that pay mucho bucks for their teams. You got this. You need any help or advice please feel free to pm me.

I have built my FO team since i was already farming them before BB8's event and i'm top 20 in arena. I'm only blaming p2w mechanics that typically cuts off content from players who are not spending thousand of cash (way more than what the game is worth anyway - blame the p2w economical model) IF they want us to own both vets the day Rey's event comes - if they're needed of course.
    Locking a toon behind a paywall isn't the same thing than locking an entire event. But things are worse and worse these days, g12, admirals 7*, Wicket or Talzin and TBs toons - the amount of money anyone has to spend is now insane.

We aren't talking efforts here, no f2p player can have both vets at 7* atm ( except from old players who are sitting on tons of crystals since the more toons you have the less you need to farm).
    As usual it's only about frustration and not fun - guess which one should matter in a game.
  • TVF
    36770 posts Member
    Options
    I've got one Vet at 5 and one at 4! B)
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    I got both almost half way to 6* but the drop rate has been horrendous the past two days.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Options
    Mzee wrote: »
    Slayvoff wrote: »
    Bishoplod wrote: »
    Has anyone linked where the devs said to farm the Falcon?

No. I'm coining a new phrase called a trump fact. It is when something is stated as fact with no evidence to back it up.

libtard

Only unintelligent people use this term.

And, I am assuming Rey is coming in January since we have Scavenger Rey as the login toon.

We had Luke the month of his event
  • Options
    100% ftp since wicket farm nonsense and I got them a combined total of 4 shards from 6*. Figured they’d be needed for Rey so I used all my in game crystals on their shipments then for double drops. Hope I got a couple more weeks before the event ends I can 7* them just in time then.
  • Options
    Considering they will update which CHARACTERS are needed next week, may mean not falcon.
  • Options
    It could also mean we'll need both vets at 7* which woud be a no way for most f2p players even with a few more months. Especially since one also needs to get FO for BB8 event. So many tedious farms, i hope we're wrong about vets cause this isn't really fun anymore and Luke was so easy compared to all of this stuff.

If we need both vets at 7*, I'm done. They already gave us no time or way to prepare for CLS and BB8. Going down 3 marquee characters just for not spending huge amounts on the game is too much. Light spending and F2P players who may become light spending players if the game is fun enough DO matter, and if they are smart they will see that.
  • Options
    @caldera you will Definitely need them at 7 stars and this is more notice than any other first time legendary event

Most people have to wait till 2nd coming of event. It is always only Doable by saving up crystals or spending money. That's what makes them legendary, partly
  • Options
    "The character requirements are coming next week"...requirements. Plural. Keep farming them vets!
  • Options
    caldera wrote: »

If we need both vets at 7*, I'm done. They already gave us no time or way to prepare for CLS and BB8. Going down 3 marquee characters just for not spending huge amounts on the game is too much. Light spending and F2P players who may become light spending players if the game is fun enough DO matter, and if they are smart they will see that.

I started them both at 3.5* like most F2P when they were farmable. I have only spent crystals to farm. Chewy is at 6* and Han is at 4.5*. If they give us 2 weeks notice, it's entirely doable by the end of the event. We've known for months they were going to be required. Should have saved your crystals for refreshes. Completely doable by F2P.
  • Options
    morferoc wrote: »

I started them both at 3.5* like most F2P when they were farmable. I have only spent crystals to farm. Chewy is at 6* and Han is at 4.5*. If they give us 2 weeks notice, it's entirely doable by the end of the event. We've known for months they were going to be required. Should have saved your crystals for refreshes. Completely doable by F2P.

Not quite right we assumed they are required based on lukes journey ;). We will know next week.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options

What rank are you in arena?

This factors in to how many crystals you earn per day, which then means how many crystals you can accumulate to spend on the VS.

I am f2p too and only have them at 4* each - almost 5* each. I can only afford the 4 shards when they show up - but it is rare when they do show up at that price and if I can spare the crystals when they do.

My arena rank is sporadic lately usually around 150, so I'm not raking in a ton of crystals that's for sure.
  • Options
    Dear Capital Games,

Today is a very special day. Today is the day that LucasFilm is calling ReyDay. A day we celebrate the force welding phenom that grew up on the planet of Jakku. Today Is #ReyDay. In celebration of this important StarWars day I would like to ask. Will you release the new Rey's kit today in celebration to this momentous occasion? I hope you are all well and Happy ReyDay.
  • Options
    next week
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Options
    #ReyDay
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options
    Dear Capital Games,

Today is a very special day. Today is the day that LucasFilm is calling ReyDay. A day we celebrate the force welding phenom that grew up on the planet of Jakku. Today Is #ReyDay. In celebration of this important StarWars day I would like to ask. Will you release the new Rey's kit today in celebration to this momentous occasion? I hope you are all well and Happy ReyDay.

Lol - did you just make this up?
  • TVF
    36770 posts Member
    Options
    Boo wrote: »
    Dear Capital Games,

Lol - did you just make this up?

I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options
    Wow - they have a day for everything now. What day of the year is Vader day? no wait don't tell me - "Father's Day"?
  • Options
    Clones have veterans day.
  • Options
    Ugnaught’s day happens every 32nd of March.
  • Options
    Black Friday shall be known as #VaderDay from this time on
  • Options
    August 5th - Night-Sisters Day. #confirmed
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • MLGebra
    343 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    :o
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options
    Black Friday shall be known as #VaderDay from this time on

I thought that was Lando's day?
  • Options
    Considering they will update which CHARACTERS are needed next week, may mean not falcon.

I was thinking and hoping this too! If they had said Characters & Ship(s) though, they would have given the game away early.

I'm still gonna continue to farm it even if it turns out it's not needed... it is the Falcon after all :) just won't pour as many crystals into it... maybe ;)
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options
    @caldera you will Definitely need them at 7 stars and this is more notice than any other first time legendary event

Most people have to wait till 2nd coming of event. It is always only Doable by saving up crystals or spending money. That's what makes them legendary, partly

No its not, its the character requirements that make the events rare or legendary, as the requirements usually boast a healthy and diverse roster.

Saving crystals, buying crystals or buying packs and energy refreshes etc is all about the money making panic farm that EA want us to all be doing - hence the lack of info.

People may argue and say - "if they tell us the requirements then they will be sure to get people paying for those specific requirements making them more money" this is wrong. If people want this new toon and speculation has listed 4 toons required rather than only 2 (that end up being required) people are going to panic farm and pay for 4 toons not just the actual needed 2.

People who want this new toon (this time Rey) bad enough will pay whether there was confirmation of requirements or not - and people are already doing this.

Its a money grab - it has nothing to do with an event being legendary or not,
  • Options
    I have to agree legendary does not mean u must spend money to unlock 1st time.
    Many ftp people had required toons for cls.
    Lea, sth both good in few places.
    Old ben was meta a year ago
    R2 is current meta,
    Farm boy not very special but many people got him just cuz it's Luke Skywalker
  • Options
    I believe this event will be THE event that will give us the insight to see how this game is going to be handled in the future. It didn't scare me then, but it does now lol.
  • Options
    Wow - they have a day for everything now. What day of the year is Vader day? no wait don't tell me - "Father's Day"?

+1 :D
  • Options

+1 :D

More like "I am your" Fathers day.
This discussion has been closed.