Territory Battles: Imperial - difficulty feedback

Replies

• Options
    Does anybody feel like EA pushed this on to us, despite the lack of quality testing as admitted by the dev, and then when everybody detects problems, EA just says "Sorry, ok we are working on it, not sure why it didn't come up during quality testing."

This is like rushing to push out a mobile phone hastily to sell to the public, only to discover a horror show.

Not bashing the devs for the effort to wring as much $$$ from everyone, we understand X'mas is just a month away. Just maybe, slow down a bit on the content jumping up?

I mean, at this rate, EA might as well release all Marquee Events, Legendary Events and Assault Battles on 23rd Dec to 24th Dec, right?

• Options
    Does anybody feel like EA pushed this on to us, despite the lack of quality testing as admitted by the dev, and then when everybody detects problems, EA just says "Sorry, ok we are working on it, not sure why it didn't come up during quality testing."

This is like rushing to push out a mobile phone hastily to sell to the public, only to discover a horror show.

Not bashing the devs for the effort to wring as much $$$ from everyone, we understand X'mas is just a month away. Just maybe, slow down a bit on the content jumping up?

I mean, at this rate, EA might as well release all Marquee Events, Legendary Events and Assault Battles on 23rd Dec to 24th Dec, right?

That was not what I meant.

EA botched up DS TB, that's all. I dont mind a *fair* and *balanced* DS TB even if I'll suck at it. I DO mind this nonsense they call a "TB".
  • Options
    Can we lower platoon requirement amounts please? DS has fewer toons already, the majority f players can't complete platoons AND complete combat phases as well.

Please either halve the amount of toons required or make it 3 platoons not 6.
  • Options
    [/quote]That was not what I meant.

EA botched up DS TB, that's all. I dont mind a *fair* and *balanced* DS TB even if I'll suck at it. I DO mind this nonsense they call a "TB".[/quote]

Good sir, I look forward to Dark Side TB too because I want us (players) to actually use URoRRuR'R'R and other toons that collect dust. What I am hoping is that instead of hastily pushing a malfunctioning game mode, they actually quality test it.

Not release it, go into P1 and then go "SORRY, WE REALISED THERE WERE SO MANY ERRORS".

I agree with you that this nonsense called Dark Side TB is really making me wonder why are they so keen to shove so much content in such a short time.
  • Options
    Back on topic, I believe dark Side TB is too soon. I expected it after New Year’s. I’ve always focused DS toons, too. I’ve hated the Rebels Fetish since day 1 the game came out. That being said, the concept of rushed content and skipping steps of fine-tuning the events being released has been disappointing. Needed more time.

* only recently have high-end guilds started reaching the full 45 stars in LS TB too. How long was it between the raids when people had them on farm status that we got new content? I know a lot of people complained about that wait time, but it allowed a BETTER quality of content to be released rather than a mass of quantity. It’s the same problem with console games - quick release of a half-game for easy cash grab. Like Battlefront, with no campaign. (I look forward to playing BF2’s Campaign =D )
    "I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar." ~ Hoban Washburne
  • Options
    Fauztin wrote: »
    Back on topic, I believe dark Side TB is too soon. I expected it after New Year’s. I’ve always focused DS toons, too. I’ve hated the Rebels Fetish since day 1 the game came out. That being said, the concept of rushed content and skipping steps of fine-tuning the events being released has been disappointing. Needed more time.

THIS. +1. Take my like, sir. Feels like they tried to pacify people but in doing so tripped up.
  • Options
    If imperial landing is 3 starred should still attack special mission for more coins. I think it's a waste but some think it's not and want the extra coins. Help please
  • Fauztin
    1332 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Personally, I recommend always doing the special missions as FIRST PRIORITY. Everyone gets the reward per player that completes it. That’s direct currency too, instead of assigning GP to a location to get closer to a star

EDIT: some might feel like the galactic power of the team you would use for that mission could help a location reach the next star for better net-result of currency upon TB completion. That’s why I do those missions first. Delegate my roster’s GP after the fact, when I see which location needs the points.
  • Options
    Why not let a few people with g11/g12 squads test the DS TB. You would assume they are able to complete them if they have +100 speed on each character...
    SWGOH.gg profile - Our guild, 3720 to 1, has 1 spot open! [49/50].
  • Options
    exactly. Only 1 person in my guild got 4/4, and he had full g12 BHs
    vH3cm4C.gif
  • Options
    We have imperial landing closed because it has three stars. But someone in the guild said we should still be doing the special mission, to get more coins. I said it was a waste. Who is right or wrong?
  • Options
    We have imperial landing closed because it has three stars. But someone in the guild said we should still be doing the special mission, to get more coins. I said it was a waste. Who is right or wrong?

Special missions are worth doing. Definitely not a waste
  • Options
    Considering the rewards are the exact same there's no reason this should be harder
  • Options
    all members doing special mission and completing it would give 400 tokens an extra star gives 100-300 more tokens so in general it's worth it. however if that star is the difference between let's say getting the next tier in chrystals or reward box I would think pushing that extra star is worth more so depends a bit on your situation
  • Options
    all members doing special mission and completing it would give 400 tokens an extra star gives 100-300 more tokens so in general it's worth it. however if that star is the difference between let's say getting the next tier in chrystals or reward box I would think pushing that extra star is worth more so depends a bit on your situation

He’s not asking for one or the other. He’s saying if the Territory is already 3 Stars, should be even bother doing the special Mission. The answer is yes - you’re preventing your guild mates from getting more rewards if you don’t do the special Mission.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options
    Kozi wrote this:

Hiya Holotable Heroes!

There has been some discussion in the forums around the difficulty of the Dark Side Territory Battle and the number of Territory Points. In particular, we discovered that players are receiving the incorrect number of Territory Points after completing missions.

Additionally, we are aware that the battles are extremely difficult, particularly in Phase 1 which is unaffected by Platoon Missions. While it was intended to be difficult, there are a number of factors that may be making it too hard, especially in the first few phases. However, we can make changes only after the Territory Battle is complete.

We will be monitoring the end of the battle very closely and will provide additional information next week about compensating players for any errors we discover as we dig through the results of the first Territory Battle.

Again, thank you all so very much for your participation and support. Battle on!

here is the link to her post:

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/145258/dark-side-territory-battle-difficulty-and-points#latest
  • Options
    I really like the new officer command tools and the added summaries of missions and contributions, especially adding in the zeroes which is really what I look for first. No one in my guild has complained about being locked out from a territory once it has reached 3*, so no complaints from me about that.

Earlier I said I lost wave 4 with my FO g11, zeta'd team. I had not switched my arena mods onto them, but zKylo and FOTP had their sets I normally use because they are in my standard rotation. I didn't expect to have to switch in arena mods for the other three. I assumed with Phase 1 those two with great mods, and the others with decent mods, all with some secondary speed and of course the speed arrows, should be able to complete the mission. I was destroyed.

I switched my arena mods onto my Empire, zVader squad (abandoning the special b/c this is my best squad and I wanted to see if it could defeat Phase 1 lol), Ep, TFP, zBoba, zThrawn g11-12 mix. I was able to defeat phase 4 pretty handily.

I then used my DN, Sid, Dooku, and two others (IG 88 and GS - still working on savage and Maul), all g11 with my arena mods, and I won, but I lost IG and GS, and it came wayyy too close. Their daze preventing health recovery almost put an end to me. DN annihilated 3 of them, saving the day.

So YAY, my g11-12 DS squads with pretty excellent arena mods can go 4/4 in Phase 1! I think, perhaps if I switched in arena mods I may have 4/4 with my FO too.

I saw the note from Kozi, and I'm glad they are reevaluating the difficulty. I know that many were able to do it with their beastly g11-12 squads, but phase 1 should be more easily obtainable than this.
  • Gawejn
    1133 posts Member
    Options
    The only reason that this TB should be harder would be if in game we could have higher lvl of gear than 12. But if maxed team has problems on phase 1 with final wave and this team cannot be upgraded so this is wrong. Yes I would really like big challange in Tb but there is no way to upgrade team. Also I used BH squad to test it on combat. They were g8, without mods but i wanted to see how their current mechanics will work in combat. It is really bad. They are getting stunned, td are dispelled very fast. Ok, maxed BH could clear fist phase, but what about second and higher.
  • Options

This is strange idea. Difficulty should be based on star/gear lvl and team composition. Also mods. Plus some RNG. That is all.

Then why does EA/CG say that something is "recommended" for players of level X?

Of course the difficulty once a battle starts is based on your toon's health, damage, and abilities, which are determined in largest part by star promotions, gear tier, character level, ability upgrades, and synergy.

What I'm saying is that when determining what star-promotions and gear tiers and mods are appropriate to demand in setting the difficulty should be determined by looking at rosters of people in various stages of player development. If you have to play the game hardcore for 20+ months in order to accumulate the star promotions for the appropriate characters, and to harvest the gear needed, etc., then the difficulty that you've chosen excludes a huge number of people.

When in player development should a roster have developed, on average, the promotions, gear, mods, and ability upgrades to finish a phase1 combat mission?

EA/CG has said over and over that this game is one of long-term resource management. Once you start a battle, it may seem easy or hard, but the work to win that battle was the work performed over the course of months in gathering shards, gear, mods, ability mats and credits. So how much work is EA/CG asking us to do to finish a phase1 combat mission? If you actually believe what EA/CG are saying - that this is a game of long-term resource management - then setting the difficulty such that certain character shards and mods and gear and ability mats are needed to defeat a combat mission carries with it the necessary implication that a player has invested a good deal of long-term effort.

How much long-term effort should be required to defeat a phase 1 combat mission is a reasonable question to ask.
  • Options
    The BH special mission that everyone was worried about was pretty easy. I had a 68k Power BH team that was pretty much G11 Boba and 88 and then a bunch of scrubs that weren’t even level 85. Poor mods on all (I just stuck the highest potency mods I can across on them since those usually aren’t used by anyone else). I’d say it’s probably turned for about 60k Power or so. 68k was plenty but I did have a few weaker people die.
  • Dexermon
    27 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Dear devs, you really need to adress this situation and shut this TB down, give us all free loot and try again in a few weeks/months after beta testing it. Why have you release this content without testing/tuning? We had open beta for TW but clearly this hasn’t even been tested internaly

Current bugs/tuning Issues: (will keep updating this)
    Difficulty way off (tuning)
    Mission rewards are to low compared to the tooltip (bug)
    Platoon requirements way off. With key multiple key lead characters being platooned how are we supposed to build synergy teams? (tuning)
    Infinite Deploy (bug)
    Post edited by Dexermon on
  • Options
    Phase 2 is even worse
  • Options
    Agreed, this is fecking awful.... shut it down... you are going to lose players!!
  • Options
    Well, if you think P1 was tough I couldn't finish any P2 battle using G11 toons with zetas and a G12 Thrawn.
  • Options
    Well, if you think P1 was tough I couldn't finish any P2 battle using G11 toons with zetas and a G12 Thrawn.

Now imagine phase 6.
  • Options
    The BH special mission that everyone was worried about was pretty easy. I had a 68k Power BH team that was pretty much G11 Boba and 88 and then a bunch of scrubs that weren’t even level 85. Poor mods on all (I just stuck the highest potency mods I can across on them since those usually aren’t used by anyone else). I’d say it’s probably turned for about 60k Power or so. 68k was plenty but I did have a few weaker people die.

You must have had VERY lucky RNG. I had almost the exact same setup - and got my clock cleaned. I didn't kill a single Wompa on stage 2. 67k (including g11 Boba and g11 88) - and not even close. ANd I put good mods on the Dengar and Cad (Boba and 88 already had good mods on them).

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Holy Unbalanced like a ****...Zader,Zaul,Palp,Zylo,Thrawn... and Spanked in Round 4??? And a 2* Requirement? Am I missing something? There is definitely some bugs and fixes that need to be made before the next go around of the DS TB's
  • Options
    Another bug.. Where is the ATAT ability we unlocked P1?
  • Options
    Lol - they should have named it "TB: We Didn't Playtest This AT ALL". :D
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Dexermon wrote: »
    Another bug.. Where is the ATAT ability we unlocked P1?

I eventually found it too late, it's above the regular abilities. I'm sure the light side equivalent shows in the same place as the retreat button in raids.