No reward for TB ?! [MERGE]

Replies

• Ludmeister77
    18 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Can we expect any sort of update on this this morning? Or has CG already brushed this under the rug?

CG is located on the West Coast, I believe, so they won't be getting into the office for another 30 minutes at least (7am PDT). More patience is required LOL. My tranquil fury levels are boiling, yet not boiling over yet...
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Boofpoof wrote: »
    They are on PST time. Its 623 in the morning there at the moment. I dont envy them at all. If I was Koz I think I would need an extra boost of caffeine today since I doubt I would have slept well at all last night knowing how many people were visibly upset yesterday and would remain so today.

Just a minor point. No one can actually see most of us posting - so I don't think any of us were "visibly upset"...or at least, if we were, Kozi can't see it. I mean, I'm sure her midi-chlorian count is high....but not that high. ;)
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Chuybacca wrote: »
    @CG_Kozispoon after we do or do not fix this, are we also getting compensated for the five or so stars less we earned due to miscalculations in combat values? The almost half credit for 4/4 missions?

Pump the brakes there, Sparky. Let's get the easy one fixed first. (Oh, and don't get your hopes up).
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • Options
    I've been waiting on 12 MK XIII Scanners for the G12 multi-tool - seen them once since I started looking - needed currency from this TB *if* they were to ever show again - the TB shop right after the crash / no rewards / reset had a 5'er and a 10'er......so, now this little issue has prevented me from putting a highly valuable piece of gear on a very important character for arena / TW / raids / LS TB.

• Options
    Can we expect any sort of update on this this morning? Or has CG already brushed this under the rug?

CG is located on the West Coast, I believe, so they won't be getting into the office for another 90 minutes at least (7am PDT). More patience is required LOL. My tranquil fury levels are boiling, yet not boiling over yet...

I have boiled over thrice now. Luckily anything that spills over, I immediately put out another pot to compensate. ;)

Patience is the game.
  • Options
    icanectc wrote: »
    Your think a multi billion dollar corporation Can’t do customer service and troubleshooting at the same time?

The wait time for EA help is currently 72 hours. Let that sink in for a minute.

• Options
    And btw...in eastern europe it's now our arena payout time...so due to this "bug" everyone in the states will be up online sniping people for fun...just because :))
  • Options
    Patience is the path to the frustrated side.
    Left by design.
    The fixed payout times are the worst part of this game and makes it absolutely family-unfriendly.
  • Options
    A big problem is they wasted yesterday with the whole "it's just delayed" line. Despite all of us stating about the game crash, and lack of increase in star achievements they insisted it was just a delay and that we as the player base should be more civil. It wasn't until just before they went home did they acknowledge that there was a real issue there. They do not keep us informed, they try to mollify us with pat statements, and then hide hoping the problems will sort themselves out.
  • Options
    RAYRAY wrote: »
    I am giving the benefit of the doubt that they are thoroughly going through stuff and are going to give a very measured and meaningful response. Of all the things that have happened in this game, this DSTB debacle ranks up there pretty high at being one of the worst. Only truly eclipsed by modpocalypse. If there weren't issues with rewards, then it wouldn't be that bad. That said, EA as a whole is in a panic right now after losing $3B in stock value, the mouse breathing down their neck for how they are tarnishing the star wars IP, etc. That stuff tends to trickle down so the next steps will be very calculated.

This. Without hope that they will do the right thing eventually there is nothing. We started getting more humane answers from mods late yesterday and I am confident something meaningful will happen here rather than nothing at all.
  • Options
    There is a lot for them to look through. I think they were shocked by the issues and it's thrown them. I have faith, while it is dwindling I'm sure it will get sorted out.
  • Options
    Your_mom wrote: »
    Here’s what SHOULD happen...

Create a page to where people that didn’t get DS rewards can login and post pics of what guildmates received. And not on forums and not through EA help tickets. Posting pics/info here is a **** chore. And we ALL know how far we’ll get with our help tickets. Anyways, you post ally code, player ID, and what guildies got that you didn’t and voila, something actually happens about it. Case looked into and boom those rewards show up. I’m FURIOUS I haven’t gotten my rewards close to 24 hours later, but will be over the line, hulk-mad, if I’m hit with a couple hundred crystals and I’m sorry. We didn’t do the best, 32* DS TB, but even still rewards gotten by guildmates would cost thousands of crystals for me to get now. So if choices are the 500 and I’m sorry, my actual TB rewards, or thirdly a permanent spending “delay” on my part, #3 is the choice for me :smile:

You are going under the presumption that other guild mates took a snap shot of their rewards because for them, they werent logged in and it was business as usual. After experiencing the crash first hand and restarting I didnt check my in box because I immediately went in to coordinating with another officer setting defensive squads for TW. It wasnt until a guild mate posted in Discord about “Hey did anyone else NOT get their TB payout” that I realized something was wrong and I too, was a victim. A quick check of the forums and this thread I think was already up to 7 or 8 pages at that time.

I didnt lose my head. Upset? Perhaps a tiny portion of me yes because of all the issues with the TB. But for me it was more of the icing on the cake. With such a bad experience in the last TB it seemed almost fate that this happened. It has obviously galvanized the community in such a manner that I havent seen since mods were first introduced. And after witnessing that fiasco I didnt think I would ever see such an event again. Yet here we are. I will wait. The Devs know the issue. How long it takes, what compensation will be made, how this affects the player base. That is all beyond my pay grade. I get that people are extremely upset about this. But I dont look at it as the apocolyptic end of the world that I didnt get a TB pay out despite all the hiccups there were with it.
    SWGOH Guild: Peace is a Lie SWGOH Profile: Boofpoof Discord: Buffpuff#3065
  • Options
    EsCu_TM wrote: »
    And btw...in eastern europe it's now our arena payout time...so due to this "bug" everyone in the states will be up online sniping people for fun...just because :))

Nah. We're nice people, for the most part. There are some exceptions. Kanye West, for example. But generally, we're aright.

• Options
    Yep, just as I was doing my dailies. When I see those pop-ups I don't even acknowledge them, I just force close the app. I got the pop up yesterday after TB, force closed the app and still got my rewards.
  • Options
    They are on PST time. Its 623 in the morning there at the moment. I dont envy them at all. If I was Koz I think I would need an extra boost of caffeine today since I doubt I would have slept well at all last night knowing how many people were visibly upset yesterday and would remain so today.

Now it all becomes clear... that cryptic message wasn't anything to do with Hondo, or even double-drops... it was all about Koz's morning coffee:

Barista: Do you want an extra shot in that coffee?

Koz: Yeah, better make mine a double
  • LukeDukem8
    609 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options

Now it all becomes clear... that cryptic message wasn't anything to do with Hondo, or even double-drops... it was all about Koz's morning coffee:

Koz: Yeah, better make mine a double[/quote]

Iol
  • Options
    Ariella wrote: »

Koz: Yeah, better make mine a double

Nah I think he would have asked for a triple. :)

SWGOH Guild: Peace is a Lie SWGOH Profile: Boofpoof Discord: Buffpuff#3065
  • Options
    Maybe they were fired because the terrible release and dumbest crisis management.
  • Options
    They'll do something eventually, but if you bring up their name they'll threaten to ban you. So stick with "them"
  • Options
    I don't get the presumption that you will have to contact support. Seems plausible to me they can write a query to determine who didn't get rewards and what we should have got and push it to our in boxes. It's complex so it will take a minute...but is possible.
  • Options
    Contacting support will not you 100 crystals and that's it..
  • Options
    Aren’t we supposed to receive a reward for having the DS TB level at just beneath impossible?
  • Options
    Yup...still haven't received my TB rewards...10:20am November 30 2017...
  • Options
    There is a lot for them to look through. I think they were shocked by the issues and it's thrown them. I have faith, while it is dwindling I'm sure it will get sorted out.
    My issue isn't that there was an issue.

My issue isn't that they're taking their time.

My issue is with the lack of, and poor when it happened, communication.

I'm a software developer. Bugs happen. A lot. And they hide in deep dark corners that sometimes are nearly impossible to find and squash.

But the way it is communicated leaves a LOT to be desired, and I think that's where people are frustrated and upset the most.

CG, for one reason or another, has a history of obfuscation and misdirection all in the interests of money. They withhold event announcements and character releases for the purposes of the almighty dollar.

But when something like this happens and we're told "uninstall/reinstall" and to "be civil", and "wait 24 hours" without any explanations is an utter farce, and a slap in the face of the community.

Do I personally believe they'll make good on this in some fashion? Yes. Will I be 100% happy? Maybe, maybe not.

The communication needs to be fixed and they need to stop worrying so much about their bottom dollar...because if you push your "customers" away, there will BE no bottom dollar.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/dorianblade Discord: DorianBlade#6090 Ally: 547-174-177
  • Options
    Still no rewards while others in my guild have recieved them. Why launch 2 new events back to back when the first is glitch riddled? Wouldn't it have been better to perfect one before launching another?
  • Buccs13Life
    80 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Hey, guys, just a quick note (that I’m sure will get buried, but it’s worth a shot!)

I submitted a help ticket with EA (I clicked “missing content”, “missing gear” and put the subject as “Missing Territory Battles rewards (20 stars)”. I clicked submit and started a timer on my phone.

37 seconds.

That’s how long it took, after clicking submit to get a phone call from a very polite young man named Jacob. He had all my info pulled up, and stated that they are requesting 24 hours from the start of the issue to correct (as posted by Kozi).

He also left my ticket as “not completed”, so that if I don’t get the rewards, it could be reopened, and corrected at that time.

I’d suggest you all do the same. We still have a few hours till we hit 24, anyways, and it only took about 5 minutes of my time (37 seconds waiting for call, 1:46 on call, the rest of the time was dealing with T-Mobile LTE trying to load the EA help page), and will guarantee I get the rewards, be it from CG I’m game or EA through the help ticket.

Best of luck!

(Updated to show how long I was on the call)
  • Options
    Hey, guys, just a quick note (that I’m sure will get buried, but it’s worth a shot!)

I submitted a help ticket with EA (I clicked “missing content”, “missing gear” and put the subject as “Missing Territory Battles rewards (20 stars)”. I clicked submit and started a timer on my phone.

37 seconds.

That’s how long it took, after clicking submit to get a phone call from a very polite young man named Jacob. He had all my info pulled up, and stated that they are requesting 24 hours from the start of the issue to correct (as posted by Kozi).

He also left my ticket as “not completed”, so that if I don’t get the rewards, it could be reopened, and corrected at that time.

I’d suggest you all do the same. We still have a few hours till we hit 24, anyways, and it only took about 5 minutes of my time (37 seconds waiting for call, 1:46 on call, the rest of the time was dealing with T-Mobile LTE trying to load the EA help page), and will guarantee I get the rewards, be it from CG I’m game or EA through the help ticket.

Best of luck!

(Updated to show how long I was on the call)

+1