Character Reveal: Sith Marauder

Replies

  • SwiftMooky
    347 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Roopehun wrote: »
    SamuraiUX wrote: »
    Asajj was never a Sith. Please don't start with this again. Last year we had lots of forum threads requesting the same thing.

    Well, she was Dooku's apprentice. Doesn't that make her one of the Two? She's a little Sithy, to be sure...!

    She was not his apprentice. The first time this bond beginning to start, sidious had it shut down immediately, since you know.. The rule of two.

    Gah this is so wrong. Sidious told Dooku to get rid of Ventress because she started getting too powerful in the Dark Side. Dooku personally trained her to be his assassin. He trained her to use the same techniques that any other Sith would use, the same techniques that Dooku learned from Sidious. Tell me the difference between her and Maul besides the fact that she was third-wheeling the whole Rule of Two deal. The Rule of Two doesn't prevent Sith Assassin, Savage Opress, and Sith Trooper from being tagged as Sith. Same goes for Ventress.
  • I'm going to try and make this simple for everyone...

    Before Darth Bane: Sith referred to a philosophy and following Sith Lords. Sith Trooper, Assassin and Marauder all followed a Sith Lord, therefore they were Sith.

    After Darth Bane: Only those appointed by a Sith Lord were Sith. Darth Maul was a Sith Lord (having been made one by Darth Sidious) and therefore by appointing Savage as his apprentice made him a Sith. Dooku never bestowed such a title on Ventress, therefore she was not Sith.

    Ah, you may counter by saying "Dooku called her his apprentice in a couple of episodes" and you'd be correct to a point. She was his Dark Side apprentice but there is no evidence that she was given Sith teachings. Maul did bestow some Sith teachings on Savage (per canon notes) so he became a Sith apprentice.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • SwiftMooky wrote: »
    Roopehun wrote: »
    SamuraiUX wrote: »
    Asajj was never a Sith. Please don't start with this again. Last year we had lots of forum threads requesting the same thing.

    Well, she was Dooku's apprentice. Doesn't that make her one of the Two? She's a little Sithy, to be sure...!

    She was not his apprentice. The first time this bond beginning to start, sidious had it shut down immediately, since you know.. The rule of two.

    Gah this is so wrong. Sidious told Dooku to get rid of Ventress because she started getting too powerful in the Dark Side. Dooku personally trained her to be his assassin. He trained her to use the same techniques that any other Sith would use, the same techniques that Dooku learned from Sidious. Tell me the difference between her and Maul besides the fact that she was third-wheeling the whole Rule of Two deal. The Rule of Two doesn't prevent Sith Assassin, Savage Opress, and Sith Trooper from being tagged as Sith. Same goes for Ventress.

    This is an easy one:

    Sith Assassin ans Sith Trooper came from an era before the rule of two. Sith Trooper is actually a soldier from the Sith Empire and since there's already one Empire in the game, he was given the Sith Tag.
    Savage Opress was Darth Maul's apprentice. They self-proclaimed Sith because Maul thought Sidious was not a true Sith anymore.
    Asajj on the other hand was never meant to be Sith, nor she thought of herself as one. That's why Sidious allowed Dooku to trained her. Once Sidious sensed she was too powerful he believed Dooku might want to overthrow him, so he ordered him to kill Asajj.
  • OrpheusRobot
    232 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Why is CG so adamant about not giving Assaj a sith tag when she is blantantly a sith? (Would be nice to tag Assaj a sith with recent reworks and the fact that I just zeta'd her to be insanely O.P. in my Nightsister squad.) But they be ok with Grievous having a droid tag and not Vader? Why can't they just put in a Rogue One tag for in-game purpose? What's wrong with them?

    fourxmaslights.jpg
  • Atarius
    62 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    APX_919 wrote: »
    I'm going to try and make this simple for everyone...

    Before Darth Bane: Sith referred to a philosophy and following Sith Lords. Sith Trooper, Assassin and Marauder all followed a Sith Lord, therefore they were Sith.

    After Darth Bane: Only those appointed by a Sith Lord were Sith. Darth Maul was a Sith Lord (having been made one by Darth Sidious) and therefore by appointing Savage as his apprentice made him a Sith. Dooku never bestowed such a title on Ventress, therefore she was not Sith.

    Ah, you may counter by saying "Dooku called her his apprentice in a couple of episodes" and you'd be correct to a point. She was his Dark Side apprentice but there is no evidence that she was given Sith teachings. Maul did bestow some Sith teachings on Savage (per canon notes) so he became a Sith apprentice.

    The "Rule of Two" from Darth Bane is, well, "restrictive" for the Sith. I can get the idea behind it, but even in the book it is just bad explained. To put it blunt: the whole thing was just written to fit "there are only 2 of them"
  • I actually liked the rule of 2 and in most books it is recognized as a guideline not an absolute truth. Mostly an acknowledgement off how counterproductive the sith infighting is and with only 2 there is less looking over the shoulder.
  • Darth bane believed that the power of the dark side is spread too thin between so many sith alive, that is why he made the rule of 2- one to hold the power, the other to crave it. There is ALWAYS looking over the shoulder since the whole idea is for the apprentice to kill the master at one point, and take on the apprentice of his/her own.

    http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Darth_Bane/Legends
  • Still waiting for Jar Jar over here. (Yeah, I’m one of those weirdos... so what?)
  • Still waiting for Jar Jar over here. (Yeah, I’m one of those weirdos... so what?)

    075.jpg
  • SwiftMooky wrote: »
    Roopehun wrote: »
    SamuraiUX wrote: »
    Asajj was never a Sith. Please don't start with this again. Last year we had lots of forum threads requesting the same thing.

    Well, she was Dooku's apprentice. Doesn't that make her one of the Two? She's a little Sithy, to be sure...!

    She was not his apprentice. The first time this bond beginning to start, sidious had it shut down immediately, since you know.. The rule of two.

    Gah this is so wrong. Sidious told Dooku to get rid of Ventress because she started getting too powerful in the Dark Side. Dooku personally trained her to be his assassin. He trained her to use the same techniques that any other Sith would use, the same techniques that Dooku learned from Sidious. Tell me the difference between her and Maul besides the fact that she was third-wheeling the whole Rule of Two deal. The Rule of Two doesn't prevent Sith Assassin, Savage Opress, and Sith Trooper from being tagged as Sith. Same goes for Ventress.

    This is an easy one:

    Sith Assassin ans Sith Trooper came from an era before the rule of two. Sith Trooper is actually a soldier from the Sith Empire and since there's already one Empire in the game, he was given the Sith Tag.
    Savage Opress was Darth Maul's apprentice. They self-proclaimed Sith because Maul thought Sidious was not a true Sith anymore.
    Asajj on the other hand was never meant to be Sith, nor she thought of herself as one. That's why Sidious allowed Dooku to trained her. Once Sidious sensed she was too powerful he believed Dooku might want to overthrow him, so he ordered him to kill Asajj.

    I think the question about asajj's only nightsister and savage's sith tag is simpler than you think. Asajj was borned as a nightsister and died like a nightsister; the fact that she had (or not) some sith tecniques does not make her a sith, and i think that here we all can agree more or less. The question is savage... he received some tecniques from the brother but also in this case outside of the rule of two... the question is, if he is not tagged as sith, which other tag should he have?
  • so Sith Marauder shows 0/25 in toons directory, so it has to be Marque like all the other 0/25 toons before, right?
  • Liath
    4357 posts Member
    DarthHanse wrote: »
    so Sith Marauder shows 0/25 in toons directory, so it has to be Marque like all the other 0/25 toons before, right?

    It was already announced to be marquee. But no, not every character that unlocks at 2* has been marquee in the past, and not every marquee character has unlocked at 2*.
  • Have all the previous marquee events been 2 days long? I can't find any prevous ones from the past few months and can't remember now. Didn't know if that meant we may get more shards by having 2 days of the event or not.
  • Why is CG so adamant about not giving Assaj a sith tag when she is blantantly a sith? (Would be nice to tag Assaj a sith with recent reworks and the fact that I just zeta'd her to be insanely O.P. in my Nightsister squad.) But they be ok with Grievous having a droid tag and not Vader? Why can't they just put in a Rogue One tag for in-game purpose? What's wrong with them?

    fourxmaslights.jpg

    Ventress is NOT a sith, not even in the show, just an assassin. Rouge one tag would be good, they do have their own LS node.
  • So if Sith Inquisitors are added to the game, they won't be Sith? I was under the impression that the rule of two only applied to the leaders, aka the Sith Lords.
  • Nedus wrote: »
    I think the question about asajj's only nightsister and savage's sith tag is simpler than you think. Asajj was borned as a nightsister and died like a nightsister; the fact that she had (or not) some sith tecniques does not make her a sith, and i think that here we all can agree more or less. The question is savage... he received some tecniques from the brother but also in this case outside of the rule of two... the question is, if he is not tagged as sith, which other tag should he have?

    When did Asajj die?
  • So to get back on subject....

    Anyone thinking about Marauder under a Zihilus lead...? He already has a decent health steal from his unique, then you add on 150%.

    I know we won't know for sure until we get to test it out, but just curious what other people thought about throwing him into "all sith" lineups.
  • So to get back on subject....

    Anyone thinking about Marauder under a Zihilus lead...? He already has a decent health steal from his unique, then you add on 150%.

    I know we won't know for sure until we get to test it out, but just curious what other people thought about throwing him into "all sith" lineups.

    The problem I run into with health steal as a primary theme, is that through various status effects, speed, and turn meter manip-- it is quickly made irrelevent. Like Dooku recovers basocally all his hp under a nihilus lead as is... but it doesnt matter.
  • Bulldog1205
    3024 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Psilosin wrote: »
    Nedus wrote: »
    I think the question about asajj's only nightsister and savage's sith tag is simpler than you think. Asajj was borned as a nightsister and died like a nightsister; the fact that she had (or not) some sith tecniques does not make her a sith, and i think that here we all can agree more or less. The question is savage... he received some tecniques from the brother but also in this case outside of the rule of two... the question is, if he is not tagged as sith, which other tag should he have?

    When did Asajj die?

    you should read the Dark Disciple. Excellent book.

    On, and BTW, Asajj is referred to as a “former Sith” by the Jedi numerous times throughout the book.
  • Psilosin wrote: »
    Nedus wrote: »
    I think the question about asajj's only nightsister and savage's sith tag is simpler than you think. Asajj was borned as a nightsister and died like a nightsister; the fact that she had (or not) some sith tecniques does not make her a sith, and i think that here we all can agree more or less. The question is savage... he received some tecniques from the brother but also in this case outside of the rule of two... the question is, if he is not tagged as sith, which other tag should he have?

    When did Asajj die?

    you should read the Dark Disciple. Excellent book.

    On, and BTW, Asajj is referred to as a “former Sith” by the Jedi numerous times throughout the book.

    Yeah but the Jedi, for all their 'Only a Sith deals in absolutes' bull, only see someone on the dark side as a Sith, especially if that someone had received training from a Sith.
  • HK666
    1184 posts Member
    @MaximaSlada

    I think SM will be great under Nihilus where DN can currently lead. He'll easily reach 220% plus lifesteal.
    And he's plenty tougher than Dooku. Like 40 less armor, but a whole lot of extra prot and health.

    That said, I'm real excited for that team wide potency up. It'll make other Sith (EP, DV, and hopeful Raid Reward character). Much harder for tenacity up shutting them down.
  • HK666 wrote: »
    @MaximaSlada

    I think SM will be great under Nihilus where DN can currently lead. He'll easily reach 220% plus lifesteal.
    And he's plenty tougher than Dooku. Like 40 less armor, but a whole lot of extra prot and health.

    That said, I'm real excited for that team wide potency up. It'll make other Sith (EP, DV, and hopeful Raid Reward character). Much harder for tenacity up shutting them down.

    @HK666 potency up isn't enough to beat tenacity up. The only thing that can is tenacity down or a buff dispel.
  • Psilosin wrote: »
    Nedus wrote: »
    I think the question about asajj's only nightsister and savage's sith tag is simpler than you think. Asajj was borned as a nightsister and died like a nightsister; the fact that she had (or not) some sith tecniques does not make her a sith, and i think that here we all can agree more or less. The question is savage... he received some tecniques from the brother but also in this case outside of the rule of two... the question is, if he is not tagged as sith, which other tag should he have?

    When did Asajj die?

    you should read the Dark Disciple. Excellent book.

    On, and BTW, Asajj is referred to as a “former Sith” by the Jedi numerous times throughout the book.

    This means I don't know.
  • nonameinf
    6 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    hell yeah a p2p character that will fade faster than my grades due to his simple kit like sith assasin
  • Goodgil
    349 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    nonameinf wrote: »
    hell yeah a p2p character that will fade faster than my grades due to his simple kit like sith assasin

    Assassin was part of the Meta for months. She was instrumental in the zMaul team, and even after Rex started taking over, most Nihilus-led teams (which were the counter-Meta) used her. Her simple kit was part of her strength. And she's still one of the best toons for TB and TW.

    No toon will be in the Meta forever. That's the easiest way to kill the game - making it boring. But if you're using assassin as your example of a toon that isn't important, you've got it all wrong.

    Edit: typos
  • i dont think she was strong after a month but my fear is hes gonna be f2p after dark side meta ends or even worse like never
  • I am curious to see how SM fits into this team:

    zzEP (L)
    zVader
    zGMT
    +1


    Potency from EP lead, GMT unique giving 20% potency per debuffed enemy, and potency up from SM will have GMT's AOE hitting really hard.
  • I'm also interested in seeing what SM's 15%max health reduction can do with SA hitting through protection....that I imagine has the potential to be quite devastating.
  • Riktoven2 wrote: »
    I'm also interested in seeing what SM's 15%max health reduction can do with SA hitting through protection....that I imagine has the potential to be quite devastating.

    Also curious how this will work with Nihilus' unique.
  • Riktoven2 wrote: »
    I'm also interested in seeing what SM's 15%max health reduction can do with SA hitting through protection....that I imagine has the potential to be quite devastating.

    Also curious how this will work with Nihilus' unique.

    Between them all Assassin could make some waves - killing through Protection like plague - or Zavage, I guess, but I like Assassin better for what she does for the team.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
Sign In or Register to comment.