Sith Raid character speculation

Replies

• Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Hodor shard rewards if SyFi interview is correct with GOT directors doing KOTOR movie.

Is it confirmed to be KOTOR? As far as I know, they are going to make a series of movies but there are no details available yet. The only lead towards the KOTOR era is that Disney would be dumb not to set some movies there.
  • Options
    You guys do realise both Revan and Meetra are protagonists of kotor/kotor2? As in equal in terms of game protagonists. Yet Revan is uberhyped. If it is not Revan, it wont be Meetra. I vote for sion as raid reward. Put him with Vader squad, they can lump some hands off and do a manshake afterwards.
  • Paladin033112
    312 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    .=
    But I wouldn't mind Traya, as long as we get juggling light sabers and passive healing instead of healing through turn based ability. That just doesn't work anymore.

As in KOTOR II, Traya could have an excellent passive healing with other Jedi/Sith with a "force bond." Although in the game, the bond was only with Meetra Surik. Still, she could have great team lead synergy with this by allotting her unique (possibly health up or something with every turn or when attacked like with Chirrut) to the other Jedi/Sith members of the team.
  • Options
    What if the raid randomly drops treya or sion shards? Similar to how the nightsisters event drops spirit/zombie?
  • Options
    It has already been stated by CG that Revan is not coming.

Nonsense, he's the most requested character after a couple polls. I can't imagine anyone other than Revan as a toon reward for Sith Raid.

I would think he'd be second behind JKL, but since we got CLS, I could see JKL not being as high a demand (but still high)

JKL as a reward for a sith event from KOTOR? Raid han and gen ken had period specific raids.
  • Options

Nonsense, he's the most requested character after a couple polls. I can't imagine anyone other than Revan as a toon reward for Sith Raid.

I would think he'd be second behind JKL, but since we got CLS, I could see JKL not being as high a demand (but still high)

JKL as a reward for a sith event from KOTOR? Raid han and gen ken had period specific raids.

They were just making the point that revan is the second most requested toon behind jkl not that jkl would be the raid reward.
  • Options
    Jxm82 wrote: »

They were just making the point that revan is the second most requested toon behind jkl not that jkl would be the raid reward.

Point taken. Thank you for clearing that up. :) I cannot wait for this to roll out. A new raid is exactly what I need. I estimate another 5 days and I will have gen ken 7* gear 12.
  • Tyrael1701
    87 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Why do so many think Darth Malgus? (Not trying to troll, looking for honest answer) Malgus was swtor, and sith triumvirate were kotor 2. And hk-47 was kotor 1/2. Sith assassin was kotor and swtor. Sith trooper kotor 1/2. Sith Marauder kotor and swtor. That's 7 from kotor series and 2 from swtor double dip from kotor. It's like having gandalf, bilbo, frodo, sam, merry, pippin, and aragorn and people think reward will be a hobbit trilogy character, not lotr trilogy. Yes, I know gear matches swtor for sith assassin and sith marauder, but they are same name in kotor. And isn't sith trooper technically imperial trooper in swtor?
  • Eutus
    232 posts Member
    Options
    Seth_Ozzel wrote: »
    Merovingen wrote: »
    I think that the reward should be Meetra, but it will be awesome to add full squad with Ebon Hawk crew (like it was with Phoenix squad)

I would love to see the Ebon hawk in fleet game!

This please.
  • Reyalp
    738 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    It'll be Meetra. The Devs have told the game changers Februarys stuff has nothing to do with Revan because by the time it comes out it'll be a new month - so not a denial, just truth. My monies on August

We will likely be drip fed toons from here on in from kotor, building up to a heroes journey style (needing 7* toons) event to unlock him (let the panic buying of packs a la old Ben ensue!). They are not going to pass up the opportunity to monetize Revan given the mouth frothing that goes on in these forums. He'll be nowhere near a raid reward
  • Options
    Reyalp wrote: »
    It'll be Meetra. The Devs have told the game changers Februarys stuff has nothing to do with Revan because by the time it comes out it'll be a new month - so not a denial, just truth. My monies on August

We will likely be drip fed toons from here on in from kotor, building up to a heroes journey style (needing 7* toons) event to unlock him (let the panic buying of packs a la old Ben ensue!). They are not going to pass up the opportunity to monetize Revan given the mouth frothing that goes on in these forums. He'll be nowhere near a raid reward

They didn't say it had nothing to do with him, they only said that it WAS NOT HIM. Another big difference in there, it could easily be setting up for him.
  • Options
    Why does everyone assume the reward will be character shards? I'm putting my money on the raid rewards being 6 and 7 dot mods......
  • Reyalp
    738 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Here's how to do Revan & make the most money:

Step 1- Let hype build for 1+ year

Step 2- tease the player base with toons from the era (DN, SA, ST)

Step 3 - let the hype and speculation build more

Step 4 - release a Kotor inspired raid with a toon linked to revan (likely Meetra)

Step 5 - release other toons from the Kotor era - both lightside and darkside - at 3* as marquee events

Step 6 - announce a heroes journey Revan event that has 2 separate requirements ( a full team of LS Kotor toons at 7* for LS Revan, a full team of DS Kotor toons at 7* for DS Revan) - save on development costs by simply changing the lightsabre colour of the same toon.

Step 7 - place the required toons on 16 cost nodes 4 weeks before event (like the vets for Rey)

Step 8 - count the money as everyone panic buys packs to unlock one or both Revans

Step 9 - roll about in a looooooot of cash, chuckling to oneself
  • Options
    What if the raid randomly drops treya or sion shards? Similar to how the nightsisters event drops spirit/zombie?

No, Nooooo! No..

Why give them such idea? :'(
  • Tyrael1701
    87 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Omeah wrote: »
    SoonerJBD wrote: »
    Sith Trooper, Sith Assassin and Sith Marauder are all SWTOR OG Sith Empire, noone in Revan’s Sith Empire looked like that.

Sith Marauder and Sith Assassin were both in KOTOR2 as well. Sith Trooper is from SWTOR.

The classed existed, but the abilities and likenesses are from SWTOR for both.
    Been a long time since I played. Was it sith trooper class but Imperial trooper armor for that specific uniform? Actu ally looking up classes, it was sith inquisitor, with assassin advanced class. Title wasn't even sith assassin. And didn't see sith trooper anywhere.
  • Gamorrean
    2745 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Taramel wrote: »
    Why does everyone assume the reward will be character shards? I'm putting my money on the raid rewards being 6 and 7 dot mods......

A raid has to give exclusive character shards IMO..

Im not into kotor stuff, but im fine with it being Revan(Maybe?), so we can move over to OT and PT characters for good.
  • Options
    What!? JEDI KNIGHT LEIA is coming to the game!?
  • Options
    What!? JEDI KNIGHT LEIA is coming to the game!?

Not before slave girl Leia! dilly dilly.
  • Options
    Taramel wrote: »

I think character is most likely. We are at 100% for character being the main reward in a raid...
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    It is sith janitor
  • Options
    I dont want sion i want Malak and i dont care what the rebuttle is :)
  • Options
    Sith Trooper, Sith Assassin and Sith Marauder are all SWTOR OG Sith Empire, noone in Revan’s Sith Empire looked like that.

Sith Marauder and Sith Assassin were both in KOTOR2 as well. Sith Trooper is from SWTOR.

The Sith Assassin looks more like the cloaking Assassin from KOTOR 2 than it does any of the looks from early SWTOR. I haven’t played in years, but for the first couple of years after launch everyone complained about how that sort of classic look wasn’t available. Abilities make sense for either KOTOR 2 or SWTOR versions.

As for Marauder, looks a lot like SWTOR Marauder variations, but it could still be inspired by both. You can’t definitively say those two are from SWTOR when they also existed in KOTOR 2.

The Sith Trooper is different because it was an NPC that looked exactly like what we have in-game.
  • Options
    Anyone that thinks Revan will be the reward needs to check themselves. Revan is a massive money maker and will not be given away for free. It will most likely be the Exile, or Traya/Sion shards. Revan will get some kind of special event that causes frenzied spending.
  • MadMalgusReturns
    670 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options

The Sith Assassin looks more like the cloaking Assassin from KOTOR 2 than it does any of the looks from early SWTOR. I haven’t played in years, but for the first couple of years after launch everyone complained about how that sort of classic look wasn’t available. Abilities make sense for either KOTOR 2 or SWTOR versions.

As for Marauder, looks a lot like SWTOR Marauder variations, but it could still be inspired by both. You can’t definitively say those two are from SWTOR when they also existed in KOTOR 2.

The Sith Trooper is different because it was an NPC that looked exactly like what we have in-game.

They are all 3 from The Old Republic models. Not KOTOR or KOTOR 2. Source: Me, as I've been playing SWTOR since launch and still am.
  • Options
    212Attack wrote: »
    I dont want sion i want Malak and i dont care what the rebuttle is :)

Agreed, I like Malak better than Sion as well.
  • Options
    Anyone that thinks Revan will be the reward needs to check themselves. Revan is a massive money maker and will not be given away for free. It will most likely be the Exile, or Traya/Sion shards. Revan will get some kind of special event that causes frenzied spending.

Raids are what keeps players to play for a reason? And HAAT was so hard that I bet most whales spent to prepare for that.....

• RogueGalain
    84 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    The rewards for raids have been light side anti raid toons so my guess is a light side character from that time frame.
    Post edited by RogueGalain on
  • Options

I mean all abilities’ animations are carbon copies of SWTOR Sith Assassin and Sith Marauder abilities (Stealth, Dual Saber Throw etc.)
    Also both exact appearances are available in SWTOR, not so much in KOTOR
    Sith Trooper is 100% SWTOR, no question about that one

If thats true, then I would have replaced him with another saber kotor character instead
This discussion has been closed.