Sith Raid character speculation

Replies

• Options
    Well, if it is harder than heroic AAT, maybe it will be the first time we get shards for heroic AND normal raid?
    Traya for normal
    Sion for heroic
    or vice versa

I don‘t see why we wouldn’t get the whole Triumvirate after starting with Nihilus
  • Options
    After all we got Gamorreans, Grievous and B2 as playable toons, we don't have Rancor and AAT for obvious reasons, so i can't see why we should not have Kreya and Sion (already modeled).
    We could also get someone else from the era, after all we did not have to fight against Han or Kenobi.
  • Options
    Don't forgot that the lucasfilm storygroup tease the return of a lot of legend's character and content so.... ;)

Yup

https://screenrant.com/star-wars-legends-characters-canon-expanded-universe/

"You wouldn’t believe some of the Legends characters that will be cropping up in various media in the coming months. Hey, if Tag & Bink can show up, ANYthing is possible.

— Leland Chee (@HolocronKeeper) January 20, 2018"

(Leland Chee of the Lucasfilm story group)
    (Notice his response to a sith twitter user)
    Two Time Golden Poo Award Winner
  • Options
    RekiemD wrote: »
    After all we got Gamorreans, Grievous and B2 as playable toons, we don't have Rancor and AAT for obvious reasons, so i can't see why we should not have Kreya and Sion (already modeled).
    We could also get someone else from the era, after all we did not have to fight against Han or Kenobi.

The mighty gamorrean was released same time as the the rancor raid, so good point!

Still the best update yet!
  • Options
    Why does everyone here debate if the look for assassin/marauder is form KOTOR, KOTOR 2, or SWTOR? That doesn't change anything. They all are the SWGOH version.

As for the raid rewards, my money's on the Exile.
  • Options
    Picture of sith raid suggest it is Kreira or Exile, They duelled there.
  • Options
    We already have two light side raid reward toon. It would be better to be dark side. Kreia or Sion I hope.
  • Options
    Malgus is unlikely. He was involved in Revan's story only briefly and only in its epilogue, so to speak.
    Revan however, it's tightly tied to all three Sith we will see in the raid so... They said not February. Never said it wasn't March 1st :)
  • Options
    Merovingen wrote: »
    I think that the reward should be Meetra, but it will be awesome to add full squad with Ebon Hawk crew (like it was with Phoenix squad)

Would like this more than anything else!
    PGisReal wrote: »
    APX_919 wrote: »
    This would be the perfect way to roll out Darth Malak, Darth Malgus or, dare I hope, Darth Revan.
    Traya is cool, but they don't really need a Sith healer as much as they need a tank

Sith Trooper is a beast under Palp(Z).

Starts with 100% defense and gains Defense up for 2 turns at the beginning of the encounter.

Gains 5% protection up for each debuffed enemy when he uses his special.

Starts w/ D up and then gains taunt when a sith uses a special and retribution when a sith ally uses a special ability while he has taunt.

His basic has a 70% chance to inflict defense down

Palps leader gives 35% max health and he recovers 20% health when inflicting a debuff.

Stack him deep with health and protection. No real need for speed as he doesn’t need to go quickly and he will gain 5% TM everytime an enemies debuff expires.

The squad I’m building consists of:

(Z)Palp lead
    (Z)Vader
    Sith Trooper
    Sith Marauder (when avail)
    (Z) Nihilus

ShoreTrooper or Thrawn in place of Sith Marauder for now.

Was considering this same set-up after I build it up myself. Have you tried it yet (with Thrawn?) If so, how is it working?

I've gotten first place payout last two days with that team. DZ zeta is not needed and I don't have EP unique zeta yet.
  • Options
    As for the raid reward, we all know CG will but in one of the biggest hero's in the era. So we will see a light side Revan or Bastille Shan as the raid reward..
  • Lord_Terminus
    239 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Hekalatos wrote: »
    As for the raid reward, we all know CG will but in one of the biggest hero's in the era. So we will see a light side Revan or Bastille Shan as the raid reward..

I doubt it would be any of the party members from KOTOR 1, the Sith Triumvirate was KOTOR 2. It won’t be Revan, they have already said that he is not part of February’s content. It’s likely it will be the Sith Triumvirate or Meetra Surik (the exile), but it could be any number of things from KOTOR.
    Ally Code: 357-613-281
    swgoh.gg: https://swgoh.gg/u/lordterminus/collection/
  • Options
    RekiemD wrote: »

Meetra Surik, or any of the Ebon Hawk crew. Yes please
  • Options
    Hekalatos wrote: »

I doubt it would be any of the party members from KOTOR 1, the Sith Triumvirate was KOTOR 2. It won’t be Revan, they have already said that he is not part of February’s content. It’s likely it will be the Sith Triumvirate or Meetra Surik (the exile), but it could be any number of things from KOTOR.

Merely pointing out every raid reward has been a light side character, and this game is incredibly biased towards light side. People have been clamoring for a jedi rework for a while and hoda hasn't done it.

Am I hoping for another ancient sith? Absolutely!

DO I think all the hype will be a huge letdown because CG wants to screws with us and "kill 2 birds with one stone by giving us a raid to use all the sith while still keeping light side dominant? My money is on that option.

On another note, I doubt the raid will be released in February. With how little information we have right now.
  • DaWitchIzDed
    128 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    ReyCharles wrote: »
    Is there any possibility of Darth Bane? He was the one that ended the multiple sith style of things.and transition into the rule of two. That's just me hoping for a personal favorite

I think there could be. As a different take from The Triumvirate:

Given that the Raid, if previous are anything to go by, will only award one character & that all of the new Sith Marauder character's moves are from Darth Bane's Sith Code, would it be surprising if he had something to do with the Raid, rather than 2 characters, in Traya & Sion, being needed to complete the Triumvirate? (I think it more likely that they would appear in an Event)

Or the other thought I had was Vitiate, as the person who turned Revan & Malak, which could lead to, or be a part of Revan's introduction (if it happens).
    Post edited by DaWitchIzDed on
  • DaWitchIzDed
    128 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Kyleslater wrote: »
    You say that and yes they are in swtor to a degree. But after researching it a bit. The versions we got appear to be from Kotor 2. As is DN of course. I hoped for swtor because that opens up a lot of other characters I want however it looks like we got original versions of those characters ie kotor 2 not the storm mmorpg versions. The raid we are getting is definitly kotor 2 as that’s the only spot those characters are. I suspect they got all the licensing from obsidian somehow but even though they are ea don’t really have permission on kotor/swtor characters because we don’t have any of them.
    If you see the images from Weaver9000 in the post 10 above yours, all 3 of Sith Assassin, Marauder & Trooper look far more like the SWTOR versions to me.
    The KoTOR/2 versions of all 3, Assassin, Marauder & Trooper, in those images look nothing like what those characters in this game do, whereas the SWTOR images are identical to SWGoH versions.

n.b. To save you having to go back and find the post I refer to:

• Options
    Kyleslater wrote: »
    JakeC wrote: »
    I can't believe no one is hyped for Kreia, I think she's an amazing character and could be an amazing leader overall, not just for for sith but everyone, kinda like GK

I dunno she was pretty cool in her own way but she wasn’t sion/dn cool imo. She wasn’t even tenebrea cool.

Okay, she wasn't as powerful, but her philosophy and thoughts?? Her manipulations and machinations? She was MUCH more complex than any other character, barring PERHAPS Revan. While she may not have been more powerful than Nihilus (definitely not, Nihilius is in the top 10 of most powerful mortal force users ever), she was a more complex and, in my humble opinion, cooler character. Her ideals of existentialism and the way she portrayed everything, it was beautiful.

Perhaps? Revan was no better than Anakin, perhaps just having a OS reinstall of his brain reseting him to the light side. The only reason he is so hyped is because of that moment when you realize you have been playing Revan all this time in KOTOR and we all went NOOOOOO WAAAAAAY and the Revan hype was born.
    Kreia was not made to be "cool". Nobody thinks masterminds that develop plots that take years to complete are cool. Everyone thinks being a saber slashing hothead is cool. Hence Revan cool, Kreia not cool.
    Sorry for my rant, I definitely agree on Kreia being a great character, I just got triggered she was even being compared to Revan.
    Then again, it is a 100% certain than the reward character will be closely linked to the triumvirate. My bet is 50% Sion, 50% Kreia (not Traya) and setting it up for Meetra Surik hero Journey.
  • Options
    I still think the raid reward could be Revan. They said he's not coming to the game this month, but does that count if no one can unlock him for three months cause that's about how long it takes to unlock a raid character?
  • LaksonVell
    421 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    I still think the raid reward could be Revan. They said he's not coming to the game this month, but does that count if no one can unlock him for three months cause that's about how long it takes to unlock a raid character?

You already have tons of veterans ready to go heroic on that raid. Revan on farm - Revan for the masses - no money for CG. I just wrote how hyped Revan is. People want him. Enough to go get a loan at the bank to get him (oh I've seen people do that in games like this one). Only way Revan is coming to the game is a heroes journey and a massive character pack push for those required to unlock him.
    There is nothing wrong with CG wanting to sell their merch. That's how F2P players get to play for free. It's a normal thing, but a lot of people expect free stuff because the game is free. CG needs to eat too.
  • Options
    Xezee wrote: »
    Malgus is unlikely. He was involved in Revan's story only briefly and only in its epilogue, so to speak.
    Revan however, it's tightly tied to all three Sith we will see in the raid so... They said not February. Never said it wasn't March 1st :)

This is very true. If I remember correctly, had the developers been able to actually finish KotOR 2 as it was intended we were suppose to get insight into where Revan was as it was the Triumvirate that he left to go fight in the unknown regions
  • Options
    Xezee wrote: »

This is very true. If I remember correctly, had the developers been able to actually finish KotOR 2 as it was intended we were suppose to get insight into where Revan was as it was the Triumvirate that he left to go fight in the unknown regions

That may be but the storyline of SWTOR makes it clear that he was actually remembering encountering the Sith Emperor and wanted to go back and defeat him. Problem was that the Sith Emperor made Sidious seem like a youngling so the first time Revan met him he was subjugated by him and fell into darkness...however, Revan was still more powerful than anyone else that the Sith emperor had enthralled so he broke free of the programming to destroy the Republic for the Sith emperor and decided to do it for himself.

Once he remembered who he was, he went after the emperor and gathered allies including the Jedi Exile and Darth Scourge who had grown disillusioned with what the Emperor really wanted: the annihilation of all life. Revan was able to resist the Emperor's enthralling and came close to killing him when Scourge, having had a vision that all would die unless a future as yet unknown Jedi or Sith challenged the Emperor, turned and killed the Exile. Revan was knocked out and made into a source of energy for the Emperor.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • Options
    LaksonVell wrote: »

You already have tons of veterans ready to go heroic on that raid. Revan on farm - Revan for the masses - no money for CG. I just wrote how hyped Revan is. People want him. Enough to go get a loan at the bank to get him (oh I've seen people do that in games like this one). Only way Revan is coming to the game is a heroes journey and a massive character pack push for those required to unlock him.
    There is nothing wrong with CG wanting to sell their merch. That's how F2P players get to play for free. It's a normal thing, but a lot of people expect free stuff because the game is free. CG needs to eat too.

They've made the heroic tier of each raid incredibly difficult if you're not someone who's in the whaliest of whaley guilds, and then they've gradually released new characters or other things that made the raids easier. I don't have any reason to believe they'd do things differently with this, and there's loads of players that would drop loads of money building up teams that would good enough to help their guild beat the sith raid so they could get Revan faster.

Also, the hard truth is every character is free to play if you're patient enough
  • Options
    What's the ballpark release date for Sith Raid?
  • Options
    I wonder how we will get Traya and Sion. Two raid toons would be too good to be true. Maybe one legendary/marquee and one Raid? We still need a Legendary event that requires Sith.
    What's the ballpark release date for Sith Raid?

Most likely between February 20-22 if they follow their usual schedule. Though I'd understand delays. This will be one of the biggest updates we will have.
  • Options
    APX_919 wrote: »

That may be but the storyline of SWTOR makes it clear that he was actually remembering encountering the Sith Emperor and wanted to go back and defeat him...

I was never able to play swtor but that’s a really interesting story line. I wonder if they’ll eventually work the Sith Emporer into the game if they are going to add more characters from this timeline
  • Options

They've made the heroic tier of each raid incredibly difficult if you're not someone who's in the whaliest of whaley guilds, and then they've gradually released new characters or other things that made the raids easier. I don't have any reason to believe they'd do things differently with this, and there's loads of players that would drop loads of money building up teams that would good enough to help their guild beat the sith raid so they could get Revan faster.

Also, the hard truth is every character is free to play if you're patient enough

So true, exactly why I am saying that Revan will be introduced trough a hero journey, if we even get him. The raid teams cash is not even close to a payout of a hero journey. You only need a couple of whales to beat the raids. There will always be free loaders who will be getting those shards for free, making Revan less prestigious. Revan, just like JTR, has to be worth a fortune, has to be obtainable only for the select few (for the first 6 months at least) and we have nobody but ourselves to thank for that. It is our hype that makes him so valuable.
  • DaWitchIzDed
    128 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Really starting to think there's some weight in the idea being proposed of the reward being another LS character.
    Both current Raids have us battling DS characters and winning shards for a LS character who is synonymous with these DS ones.

Rancor: HS - HS was constantly at odds with Jabba throughout the OT, he was the only reason we even saw Jabba's palace & the Rancor in Ep VI.
    Grievous/AAT: GK - Was a main hero of the Clone Wars, defeated Grievous.

So if this previous trend exists (which it does) & the new one follows suit (which is more likely than not)....

Sith Triumvirate: ?? Who was their main Jedi/LS enemy? Surely it's Meetra Surik, who defeated Sion & Traya & ended the Triumvirate?
    Maybe Visas Marr, as she defeated Nihilus, but I'm thinking that Meetra Surik / The Exile is the most probable, if previous evidence is anything to go by.
  • Options

So true, exactly why I am saying that Revan will be introduced trough a hero journey, if we even get him. The raid teams cash is not even close to a payout of a hero journey. You only need a couple of whales to beat the raids. There will always be free loaders who will be getting those shards for free, making Revan less prestigious. Revan, just like JTR, has to be worth a fortune, has to be obtainable only for the select few (for the first 6 months at least) and we have nobody but ourselves to thank for that. It is our hype that makes him so valuable.

I don’t think you realize how hard they make these raids when they first come out, and how hard they can (and probably will) make this one. Don’t underestimate the ability of a raid to be a cash cow for them just because of how many guilds have them on farm now

• Options
    The rewards for the sith raid have been announced

Darth Binks... His special / unique.... Being a total bell end that stuns all opponents with fits of laughter..
  • Options
    Am i the only one who believes that CG/EA give us the most ambiguous hints they can so that the player base will offer them a multitude of ideas about what should be in the game and then they choose what to make from that list?
This discussion has been closed.